PDA

View Full Version : The apps for Iphone all suck

Thunder Dan
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm sick of Apple acting like there are good apps out there- the fact is that there is maybe only one or 2 (Pandora, Banking apps) The rest of them are stupid and useless. What idiot needs a app to figure out a tip?...don't you have a calculator? The games all suck. I don't need an app to find a place to eat, or to teach me Mandarin. Who needs an app to figure out a car payment? There is even an app so you can have goldfish on your phone for a dollar....

I mean common, I look at the app store every week for something cool and all I find is the same lame shit for people that are stupid and lazy. What am I missing?

leemajors
02-04-2009, 02:24 PM
bloom is awesome. i use wikiamo and several of the remote applications all the time - VLC remote and iTunes remote. Personally, i think Pandora sucks, and i use Last.fm. The weather channel one is much better than the native weather one through yahoo, and i like night camera too. most of them are novel, but there are some great ones out there.

FromWayDowntown
02-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I think a lot of them are pretty stupid. But I have an app that is basically a workout journal and it's perfect for my needs. And I like the Shazam app, if only because I can figure out the names of songs that I like without having to ask people and sound like a moron. And the Sports Tap app is great because I can get sports scores and certain news very quickly.

degenerate_gambler
02-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I've got tmobile's G1 phone and google's android apps market as a whole isn't exactly setting the world on fire either...

how many fart simulation apps exactly does one need on said phone?

Spurminator
02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
My phone has an app that allows you to enter a 9-digit numerical code assigned to another person and, if they are available, you can speak to them.

PM5K
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
My phone has an app that allows you to enter a 9-digit numerical code assigned to another person and, if they are available, you can speak to them.

9?

leemajors
02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
I think a lot of them are pretty stupid. But I have an app that is basically a workout journal and it's perfect for my needs. And I like the Shazam app, if only because I can figure out the names of songs that I like without having to ask people and sound like a moron. And the Sports Tap app is great because I can get sports scores and certain news very quickly.

I like Sportacular, they've really made some cool improvements to it.

TwAnKiEs
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
9?

like with out the 1 ? :lol

Spurminator
02-04-2009, 05:33 PM
9?

That's what makes it so bad ass.

PM5K
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
like with out the 1 ? :lol

?

PM5K
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
That's what makes it so bad ass.

PTT is even more badasser...

dougp
02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm sick of Apple acting like there are good apps out there- the fact is that there is maybe only one or 2 (Pandora, Banking apps) The rest of them are stupid and useless. What idiot needs a app to figure out a tip?...don't you have a calculator? The games all suck. I don't need an app to find a place to eat, or to teach me Mandarin. Who needs an app to figure out a car payment? There is even an app so you can have goldfish on your phone for a dollar....

I mean common, I look at the app store every week for something cool and all I find is the same lame shit for people that are stupid and lazy. What am I missing?

I'm not sure what you're expecting. Have you taken a look at the Palm / WinMo market? It's worse. There's tons of games that are awesomely fun on the iPhone - Hero of Sparta, Brothers in Arms, Fastlane, 7 Cities, SlotZ, Real Soccer 09, Lights Off, Wurdle - damn, I could go on. Check out www.toucharcade.com for reviews and such.

As for apps, what exactly are you looking for? Sportacular is insanely awesome, Manifesto is good for RSS feeds, Stanza is an ebook reader that is flexible and there's a site (www.drinkmalk.com) that has a large amount of current day books if you already own them that you can download, Wikiamo for wikipedia, Google Earth, YPMobile, Photogene, fring, Snaptell, iTap ... you need to thread through the crap and find what exactly you're looking for. Pay attention to some iPhone sites that have people posting constantly about the newer stuff and giving reviews (modmyi.com, macrumors iphone forum).

TwAnKiEs
02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
?

I was thinking a phone number is 10 digits w\ the 1 but its 11 lol

leemajors
02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure what you're expecting. Have you taken a look at the Palm / WinMo market? It's worse. There's tons of games that are awesomely fun on the iPhone - Hero of Sparta, Brothers in Arms, Fastlane, 7 Cities, SlotZ, Real Soccer 09, Lights Off, Wurdle - damn, I could go on. Check out www.toucharcade.com for reviews and such.

As for apps, what exactly are you looking for? Sportacular is insanely awesome, Manifesto is good for RSS feeds, Stanza is an ebook reader that is flexible and there's a site (www.drinkmalk.com) that has a large amount of current day books if you already own them that you can download, Wikiamo for wikipedia, Google Earth, YPMobile, Photogene, fring, Snaptell, iTap ... you need to thread through the crap and find what exactly you're looking for. Pay attention to some iPhone sites that have people posting constantly about the newer stuff and giving reviews (modmyi.com, macrumors iphone forum).

gizmodo usually has a "this week in iPhone Apps" that runs on Fridays. They usually have some solid reviews, which helps. Lifehacker recommends one here and there as well. Thanks for reminding me of that, forgot.

PM5K
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
This ass hate probably doesn't even have an iPhone, there are plenty of great apps for the iPhone, everyone that I know that has one loves it, especially the apps and how the interact with the touch screen, microphone, camera, proximity sensor, and the accelerometer....

FromWayDowntown
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Sigh. I wish my phone could do that.

:depressed

PM5K
02-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Sigh. I wish my phone could do that.

:depressed

Me too, mine only uses seven digits, this nine digit model sounds pretty awesome, I hear the more digits the better right?

Spurminator
02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Me too, mine only uses seven digits, this nine digit model sounds pretty awesome, I hear the more digits the better right?

Just wait until Apple unveils the eleventh digit. I hear the project's code name is Thrix.