PDA

View Full Version : Mason to the 3 Point Shootout

Kriz-Maxima
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/allstar2009/02/04/shootout_release.allstar09.20090204/index.html

NEW YORK -- The Toronto Raptors' Jason Kapono will seek to become the third player to capture three consecutive titles in this year's Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, which will be held on Saturday, Feb. 14, at US Airways Center, as part of NBA All-Star Saturday Night.
Past Shootout Winners
Have a question about NBA rules? View the complete list of winners from the past editions of the Foot Locker 3-Point Shootout.

Kapono, who tied Craig Hodges for most points in a single round (25 in the final round last year), will look to join Hodges (1990-92) and Hall of Famer Larry Bird (1986-88) as the only three-time winners of the event. Mark Price, Peja Stojakovic and Jeff Hornacek each won two titles. Kapono will be joined by Eastern Conference All-Star reserves Danny Granger of the Indiana Pacers and Rashard Lewis of the Orlando Magic, Mike Bibby of the Atlanta Hawks, Roger Mason of the San Antonio Spurs and Daequan Cook of the Miami Heat.

The players will compete in the two-round competition with the top three finishers from the first round advancing to the finals. Five shooting stations will be set up around the three-point line, with four Official Spalding NBA game balls worth one point each and one Spalding NBA All-Star 2009 commemorative purple and orange colored "money ball" worth two points at each location. Each player will have one minute to shoot as many balls as he can. In the final round, players will shoot in ascending order of first-round scores. At the discretion of the referee, television instant replay may be consulted for clarification of rules compliance.

The Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout will be televised live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night, which will also feature the PlayStation® Skills Challenge, Sprite Slam Dunk and Haier Shooting Stars. TNT and ESPN Radio's national coverage will begin at 8 p.m. EST from US Airways Center. The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 15, will air live on TNT, ESPN Radio and in more than 215 countries and territories worldwide in 44 languages.

All of this year's All-Star participants will join members of the NBA Family for the NBA Cares All-Star Day of Service on Friday, Feb. 13. The volunteers will participate in one of three projects in the Phoenix community.

Foot Locker, in its sixth year as the sponsor of the three-point shootout, is part of Foot Locker, Inc., a specialty athletic retailer that operates approximately 3,600 stores in 21 countries in North America, Europe and Australia. Through its Foot Locker, Footaction, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker and Champs Sports retail stores, as well as its direct-to-customer channel Footlocker.com/Eastbay, the Company is the leading provider of athletic footwear and apparel.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Damn, that is a tough field. This will be great to watch.

Darkwaters
02-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I just saw that. Pretty cool.

hater
02-04-2009, 03:29 PM
poor rocket

quentin_compson
02-04-2009, 03:51 PM
If Roger doesn't win, I hope Bibby will.

Trainwreck2100
02-04-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah that doesnt say anything about the addition of a horse game that people were talking about

lefty
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
The only Mason will make will be the one at the buzzer :D

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
02-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Can't Wait To See Mason Get Down, Hope He Woops Dat Ass!!!!!!
Also Glad To See Another Spur At The Allstar Weekend!

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I am most definitely rooting for Mason, but if he goes down I want Granger to win.

i LUV da SpURZ
02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
he deservs it