PDA

View Full Version : Bonner snubbed, Mason can't handle the rock

SpurSupremacist
02-04-2009, 07:13 PM
First of all, I want to say I'm outraged the red rocket isn't making the trip to all-star weekend for the 3 point shooting contest. He's shooting damn near 50% from 3. Most people don't know who he is, and I think that's the reason he got snubbed. I think if more people got to see him play, he'd be a fan favorite. Spurs fans see him, but the state of Texas is a football state, not a basketball state. The good lot of posters on this board still think this guy can't play after seeing him on a nightly basis, which dumbfounds me, which just further proves my point about Texas not being a basketball state. Golden State's crowds are nuts and they're a marginal team at best. Spurs games seem like a funeral half the time. Fans only get up for the really big games. They seem to cheer for Manu no matter what he does. He could be playing like shit and he'll get a standing ovation when he enters. Hilarious.

Anyhow, I also want to make light of the fact that I have better handles than Roger Mason. The guy cannot create for shit. He not only fumbles the ball routinely, but he misses WIDE OPEN 3 point shooters. Popobitch needs to stop putting him at backup point guard... for the love of God.

Also, what is up with Kurt Thomas not being able to make layups? Didn't the guy lead the nation in scoring in college? Now he can't make a layup? Oh, that's right, he's done. His career is over. Finished.

Flux451
02-04-2009, 08:02 PM
you sound like another kind of supremecist,jk...anywho, Mason is in because he is top 10 for attempted threes and %.

SpurSupremacist
02-04-2009, 08:03 PM
OK, so why is Kapono in? Just because he won it before? That's stupid.

DPG21920
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Probably because he has won it twice in a row.

SpurSupremacist
02-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Probably because he has won it twice in a row.

Let's just bring back Vince Carter to the dunk contest then...

Behrooz24
02-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you Matt Bonner?

crc21209
02-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Are you Matt Bonner?

lol. They werent gonna send some red-headed white boy in Matt Bonner, lol. Plus Mason has had 2 nationally televised game winners, people know him more than Bonner. Let Money Mase bring that trophy home.

pawe
02-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Anyhow, I also want to make light of the fact that I have better handles than Roger Mason. The guy cannot create for shit. He not only fumbles the ball routinely, but he misses WIDE OPEN 3 point shooters. Popobitch needs to stop putting him at backup point guard... for the love of God.

Well then, leave your 20k/yr job and tryout in the NBA if you're so good at playing basketball. You can be the suns much desired backup PG.

SequSpur
02-04-2009, 08:36 PM
dude, u suck.

Big P
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
IMO the reason Mason was picked over Bonner is because Bonner is too slow to finish

all of the racks....bottom line.

Spurminator
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM

Um, they've been trying to for 10 years.

hater
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
:lmao :lmao

I am not from the State of Texas and even I can see Bonner sucks in NBA basketball terms. He is just a below average NBA player.

yeah, he hustles and has a great stroke. But so does Kapono and he gets shits minutes.

I'm ok with Bonner but let's not fool ourselves. He is plain mediocre at his best

nkdlunch
02-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Anyhow, I also want to make light of the fact that I have better handles than Roger Mason. The guy cannot create for shit. He not only fumbles the ball routinely, but he misses WIDE OPEN 3 point shooters.

this is one of the dumbest shit I have read in a long time. and I have read pretty dumb crap in here.

you sir are one dumb motherfucker. Mason is shooting 45% and made plenty game winners. how many game winners has Bonner made?

:lmao

nadroj117
02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
You are an Idiot. Kapono is the 2-time champion, should he not have a chance to defend his title??? You talk as if Mason isn't shooting lights out from 3, 45% is pretty damn good, and he's shot almost 100 more 3's than Bonner. There is no doubt that he'd do great in the shootout, but looking at the full body of work Mason deserves it more.

Sigz
02-04-2009, 08:56 PM
matt bonner is the sorriest starting center in the league.

The guy plays defense like a wet pussy... a pussy that gets penetrated and fucked everytime someone drives on him.

Unfortunately for Bonner, it doesn't feel good.

anakha
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
The OP is going to have to try and oust Sequ as the primary ranter on ST, and I don't think Sequ wants to give up his position so easily. :lol

ClingingMars
02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
dude, u suck.

jack sommerset
02-04-2009, 09:08 PM

I'm all for that!

manufor3
02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
You are an Idiot. Kapono is the 2-time champion, should he not have a chance to defend his title??? You talk as if Mason isn't shooting lights out from 3, 45% is pretty damn good, and he's shot almost 100 more 3's than Bonner. There is no doubt that he'd do great in the shootout, but looking at the full body of work Mason deserves it more.

angelbelow
02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
lol wtf

stretch
02-04-2009, 10:01 PM
flyin ryan bowen > red rocket

itzsoweezee
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
i can't believe mason played point guard for the wizards last year.

Shastafarian
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM
IMO the reason Mason was picked over Bonner is because Bonner is too slow to finish

all of the racks....bottom line.

Bingo

Yorae
02-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Tolliver almost made it.

Tully365
02-05-2009, 01:58 AM
The forum Supremacist is outraged because his favorite white player wasn't picked to compete in the 3 pt shooting contest. That's rich. Is this thread eventually going to evolve into another subtle lecture from you about your great admiration for German purity and engineering?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-05-2009, 02:08 AM
OP is right about Mason's handle and drive, which was fine to start the year when defences were terrible, but has been found out lately. I love him as a set-foot 3pt shooter, and a screen curl shooter, but he should keep his creation attempts to a minimum and pick his spots better. He's an up and down defender, but really I think that's just "1st year in Spurs system" stuff and is slowly working itself out. Overall, I love the guy, but Pop should keep him at the 2 as much as possible. Hill should play all the PG backup minutes unless he's clearly having an off night. Hopefully he returns to form soon - we all know how he CAN play, but he's been very erratic for a while now.

As for Bonner, he should be in the 3pt shooting contest along with Mo Money. Guy would be a fan favourite, no doubt.

Finally, give KT a break. He's been playing hard D, going to the boards most of the time, and hitting that midrange jumper - what more can you ask? He's fine in his role, and expecting more is unrealistic.

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2009, 06:16 AM
bonner cost us 3 games did you not remember

urunobili
02-05-2009, 08:59 AM
bonner cost us 3 games did you not remember

can we get a reminder of each of the games and how he lost them for the rest of the team? :wakeup

TwoHandJam
02-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Anyhow, I also want to make light of the fact that I have better handles than Roger Mason. The guy cannot create for shit. He not only fumbles the ball routinely, but he misses WIDE OPEN 3 point shooters.

this is one of the dumbest shit I have read in a long time. and I have read pretty dumb crap in here.

you sir are one dumb motherfucker. Mason is shooting 45% and made plenty game winners. how many game winners has Bonner made?

:lmao
Not that I agree with SpurSupremacist but I think there was a misunderstanding here. I think he was saying that Mason doesn't find wide open 3 point shooters when playing PG - not that Mason himself isn't a good 3pt shooter.

manufor3
02-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Not that I agree with SpurSupremacist but I think there was a misunderstanding here. I think he was saying that Mason doesn't find wide open 3 point shooters when playing PG - not that Mason himself isn't a good 3pt shooter.

The OP said he misses wide open jumpers. Like the bone doesnt miss wide open shots :rolleyes

samikeyp
02-05-2009, 09:55 AM
So, Bonner not making the 3 point contest is because Texas is a football state?

Ok. :lol

bigfish22
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM

Brent Berry while you're at it

bigfish22
02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
The OP said he misses wide open jumpers. Like the bone doesnt miss wide open shots :rolleyes

No it doesn't.

He not only fumbles the ball routinely, but he misses WIDE OPEN 3 point shooters. Popobitch needs to stop putting him at backup point guard... for the love of God..

He's saying that he doesn't FIND the WIDE OPEN SHOOTERS when he's handling the ball. What his handling skills have to do with him making the 3-pt contest over Bonner, baffles me. But nonetheless, that is the point the OP is making.

hater
02-05-2009, 12:08 PM
No it doesn't.

Bonner? yes he does. I remember as early as Laker game, he missed multiple WIDE OPEN jumpers.

hater
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
He's saying that he doesn't FIND the WIDE OPEN SHOOTERS when he's handling the ball. What his handling skills have to do with him making the 3-pt contest over Bonner, baffles me. But nonetheless, that is the point the OP is making.

I agree Mason needs to be a better playmaker. I am also baffled as to what that has to do with Bonner being snubbed from 3pt contest :lol

bigfish22
02-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Bonner? yes he does. I remember as early as Laker game, he missed multiple WIDE OPEN jumpers.

Something is really wrong with the way people are reading in this thread. I wasn't saying that Bonner doesn't miss threes. It was in reference to the fact that someone mistakenly took the original post as saying that Mason can't hit open threes, when what he was really saying was that when he handles the ball, he fails to get it to someone who is wide open for a three.

Nevertheless, its all moot because nothing here has been substantiated as evidence why BONNER should be in the 3-PT contest.

Kori Ellis
02-06-2009, 03:02 AM
:lol at the confusion by some people

bigfish is right. The OP isn't saying that Mason can't hit threes. He's saying that he misses the open man when playing the point.

Anyway like others have expressed here, I think Bonner was passed by because he has a much slower release than Mason. Mason should do well in this contest.

Yorae
02-06-2009, 03:25 AM
If he wins, will it be the first for the Spurs?

duncan228
02-06-2009, 03:47 AM
If he wins, will it be the first for the Spurs?

Yes.

Shootout All-Time Winners

Year Location Shootout Winner

2008 New Orleans Jason Kapono, Toronto
2007 Las Vegas Jason Kapono, Miami Heat
2006 Houston Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
2005 Denver Quentin Richardson, Phoenix
2004 Los Angeles Voshon Lenard, Denver
2003 Atlanta Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento
2002 Philadelphia Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento
2001 Washington Ray Allen, Milwaukee
2000 Oakland Jeff Hornacek, Utah
1998 New York Jeff Hornacek, Utah
1997 Cleveland Steve Kerr, Chicago
1996 San Antonio Tim Legler, Washington
1995 Phoenix Glen Rice, Miami
1994 Minneapolis Mark Price, Cleveland
1993 Salt Lake City Mark Price, Cleveland
1992 Orlando Craig Hodges, Chicago
1991 Charlotte Craig Hodges, Chicago
1990 Miami Craig Hodges, Chicago
1989 Houston Dale Ellis, Seattle
1988 Chicago Larry Bird, Boston
1987 Seattle Larry Bird, Boston
1986 Dallas Larry Bird, Boston

bigfish22
02-06-2009, 03:50 AM
Shootout All-Time Winners

Year Location Shootout Winner

2008 New Orleans Jason Kapono, Toronto
2007 Las Vegas Jason Kapono, Miami Heat
2006 Houston Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
2005 Denver Quentin Richardson, Phoenix
2004 Los Angeles Voshon Lenard, Denver
2003 Atlanta Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento
2002 Philadelphia Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento
2001 Washington Ray Allen, Milwaukee
2000 Oakland Jeff Hornacek, Utah
1998 New York Jeff Hornacek, Utah
1997 Cleveland Steve Kerr, Chicago
1996 San Antonio Tim Legler, Washington
1995 Phoenix Glen Rice, Miami
1994 Minneapolis Mark Price, Cleveland
1993 Salt Lake City Mark Price, Cleveland
1992 Orlando Craig Hodges, Chicago
1991 Charlotte Craig Hodges, Chicago
1990 Miami Craig Hodges, Chicago

Of these winners since 1990, who would you rather have taking the shot down 2 at the end of the game?

Yorae
02-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Go RoMaJu!!!!

Austin_Toros
02-06-2009, 05:50 AM
bonner should be in the 3 point shootout, no doubt.
having a big man (with red hair) would be interesting. he would have been the dark horse of the competition and might have even won it...

too bad the people who choose this stuff are imbeciles.