PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think we should give jackie butler another chance?

Ditty
02-05-2009, 12:47 AM
he's a free agent

6"10 260 lbs

in the 2005-2006 season he avereged 5.3 points a game while shooting 54 % and 3.3 rebounds

hes only 23 and i rember back in high school he was one of the top players in the nation coming out with lebron and his class

and pop once said that he resembles Moses Malone

hes gifted offensive player but a questionable defense player i say without mihimmi done for the year we give this guy a shot?

Obstructed_View
02-05-2009, 12:48 AM
It's his fucking fault Scola's gone.

Thompson
02-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Says the Rockets' fan with his eyes on Splitter.

m33p0
02-05-2009, 12:59 AM
that's a very short season.

Ditty
02-05-2009, 01:01 AM
that's a very short season.

:lol

SenorSpur
02-05-2009, 01:08 AM
I'd rather have Ian injured than Butler healthy.

Blackjack
02-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Just because there's two rookies on the roster now, it doesn't mean there needs to be two-times the amount of donuts.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Not an unreasonable thing to bring up, but he wouldn't help. He can't make an NBA roster, let alone ours, which he had a great chance to become a part of. After seeing him looking great playing for the Knicks at the end of the year before we signed him, I thought he might be a solid bench player. However, it seems like he either wasn't smart enough to understand our system, or he didn't work hard enough. Either way, it's unlikely that he'll ever get a second chance.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 02:11 AM
He's retired.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-05-2009, 02:14 AM
He's retired.

Okay, it WAS an unreasonable supposition then! :lol

Took his ? mil and went home, huh?

timvp
02-05-2009, 02:14 AM
He's retired.

:lol That's what I came into the thread to post. Butler effectively retired after getting his millions. I guess you can't really blame him if he's happy with what he's got. Sucked for the Spurs but that's the chance you take when you buy low on a guy with questionable character.

SenorSpur
02-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Retired? At such a young age? What a lazy bum. Hope he invests his $$$ well.

Blackjack
02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
:lol That's what I came into the thread to post. Butler effectively retired after getting his millions. I guess you can't really blame him if he's happy with what he's got. Sucked for the Spurs but that's the chance you take when you buy low on a guy with questionable character.

I always thought he was a pretty good kid with a very questionable work-ethic. Did he have some off the court issues, or were you just referring to the work-ethic?

It's a shame, the kid could've made a hell of a lot more money and had a nice long career in the league, with his size and touch/hands alone, but I guess his hunger was left at the dinner table.

GSH
02-05-2009, 04:11 AM
When asked to talk about his post game, Butler responded that he really isn't very good at interviews.

He explained that he didn't need to work on pick-and-roll, because "Shorty always rolls em for me".

He thought "second-chance points" came from trying to clean up your credit score.

He believed that "Transition D" was the name of Jack Black's band.

He refused to go shoot H-O-R-S-E with Manu because he was worried about random testing.

Not exactly the highest basketball IQ in the league. Roughly like trying to communicate with Mengke Bateer - without a translator. The work ethic thing was just a bonus. :wow

Obstructed_View
02-05-2009, 04:21 AM
In boxing, he's what's referred to as a "ham n' egger", or to be more politically correct, a "ham n' eggro".

m33p0
02-05-2009, 06:47 AM
When asked to talk about his post game, Butler responded that he really isn't very good at interviews.

He explained that he didn't need to work on pick-and-roll, because "Shorty always rolls em for me".

He thought "second-chance points" came from trying to clean up your credit score.

He believed that "Transition D" was the name of Jack Black's band.

He refused to go shoot H-O-R-S-E with Manu because he was worried about random testing.

Not exactly the highest basketball IQ in the league. Roughly like trying to communicate with Mengke Bateer - without a translator. The work ethic thing was just a bonus. :wow
:lmao