PDA

View Full Version : I have the formula for the Spurs 5th RING!!

TheSpursFNRule
02-05-2009, 03:29 AM
The Spurs NEED To get either

A:Marcus Camby

ESPN has said:
Marcus Camby, Clippers
Camby has been a strange fit in Los Angeles from the start. And with Zach Randolph now at the 4 and Chris Kaman also at the 5, Camby's long-term fit is a question mark.

Given his appeal around the league as a rebounding and shot-blocking machine, he's drawing a lot of inquiries. A number of teams would love to have him, especially when you factor in that his salary will drop to less than $10 million next season. With the Clippers trying to save money any way they can, you've got to believe Camby has a good shot of moving before Feb. 19.
-ESPN saying he has a 55% chance of being traded

I just did the ESPN Trade Machine and it said that according to trading rules

if San Antonio traded---
Bruce Bowen(2.8ppg), Matt Bonner(8.2), Jaque Vaughn(2.4), Michael Finley(9.4), Ian Mahinmi(maybe)

they would recieve in return--
Marcus Camby(12.1ppg), Al Thorton(17.2) and one other player

If I were the owner...hell I would do this.

the trade I propesed lets us get rid of ancient fossils like Bowen and Finley, than a player who doesn't get to play much in Jaque Vaughn and of course a player who would actually be to tough to lose in Bonner(oh well you have to give up someone good) and Ian Mahimni who's injured

In return you get Camby. Could you please sit back and imagine Duncan at PF and Camby at Center working the offensive and defensive boards. It would be rediculous! It would put them back in contest with the lakers who have there two headed monster big men in Bynum and Gasol. Than we can keep Thomas and Oberto in there to be our big men on the bench. Also with this trade we get immediate offensive fire power in Al Thorton and Eric Gordon even though we lose some by giving away Finley and Bonner. But heres the thing even if you give up Finley and Bonner, guys like Mason Jr., George Hill, Ginobili, Parker, Duncan along with some other guys they could get in a trade(wishful thinking in Thorton and another good player) you would still have enough offensive fire power to contend. The Spurs NEEEEEEED A BIG

B: You could maybe pursue Brad Miller from the kings, Gortat from the Magic or even David Lee of the Knicks

Can someone please call the fucking orginization and tell them to get Camby? You get Camby you get a 5th ring. Camby's ten million dollar contract is doable for the spurs to pick up. They could sign him if they tried. Do you agree with me that this is the answer for the spurs?

Chieflion
02-05-2009, 03:31 AM
You think Finley will agree to this deal? Unless the Clippers agree to buy him out to rejoin the Spurs after a month.

And lol at getting Al Thornton, Clippers say fuck off and block your number.

Kori Ellis
02-05-2009, 03:37 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113488 - Long discussion about Camby already.

itzsoweezee
02-05-2009, 03:46 AM
put down the pipe.

TheSpursFNRule
02-05-2009, 03:47 AM
Damn I didn't realize it was discussed already. Im glad others realize that it is beyond obvious the spurs need to pursue Camby. Camby=5th ring. It is simple math. And I truly believe with all my heart that it is doable.:whine

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2009, 03:57 AM
merge thread...i can see it coming

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-05-2009, 04:01 AM
Take Grant Hill if you're winning a 5th ring. For all the crap he's put up with for the last year and a half w/ all the drama, I want to see the epitome of a class act and a team player win a ring, and I would much rather see it happen on the Spurs than the Celtics or Lakers.

Rogue
02-05-2009, 04:07 AM
have a rest, dear ThespursRNRule. You're too sleepy to organize your words well.

So am I, I'm afraid.

But your idea will still hardly make any sense even if you were 100%. JV n KT for camby? come on, why the F should they trade their "defender of the year" for a crappy PG and a center who is miles beneth camby? unless you bribe their manage and do it under the table.

InK
02-05-2009, 05:55 AM

Owner of which team would u be? Getting Camby was widely discussed here, but Clippers refuse to trade their bigs, for the timebeeing at least, and even if they would they would never in million years take our scrubs like you suggested. We would have to get rid of Hill and Mason with fillers (at the very least) , and that would still be a good deal for us.

Welcome to the board.

InK
02-05-2009, 05:56 AM
Take Grant Hill if you're winning a 5th ring. For all the crap he's put up with for the last year and a half w/ all the drama, I want to see the epitome of a class act and a team player win a ring, and I would much rather see it happen on the Spurs than the Celtics or Lakers.

We would love the guy here, lotsa respect for him.

Mal
02-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Ok, Clippers suck, but why they would give us Camby and young Thorthon for a piece of shit ???

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Ok, Clippers suck, but why they would give us Camby and young Thorthon for a piece of shit ???

Because the armchair GM said so...duh! Don't you people understand the Spurs are lost without his insight?

I have another formula for the 5th ring - Vaughn and Bonner for Howard, LBJ and Kobe and I don't care about salaries shmalaries, otherwise fire the FO because they suck.

m33p0
02-05-2009, 07:25 AM
i love how these threads are started by posters with <10 post counts. :lol

ManuTP9
02-05-2009, 07:34 AM

exactly

WalterBenitez
02-05-2009, 08:18 AM
I'd not let Bruce go away!

SenorSpur
02-05-2009, 08:23 AM
The Spurs NEED To get either

A:Marcus Camby

ESPN has said:
Marcus Camby, Clippers
Camby has been a strange fit in Los Angeles from the start. And with Zach Randolph now at the 4 and Chris Kaman also at the 5, Camby's long-term fit is a question mark.

Given his appeal around the league as a rebounding and shot-blocking machine, he's drawing a lot of inquiries. A number of teams would love to have him, especially when you factor in that his salary will drop to less than $10 million next season. With the Clippers trying to save money any way they can, you've got to believe Camby has a good shot of moving before Feb. 19.
-ESPN saying he has a 55% chance of being traded

I just did the ESPN Trade Machine and it said that according to trading rules

if San Antonio traded---
Bruce Bowen(2.8ppg), Matt Bonner(8.2), Jaque Vaughn(2.4), Michael Finley(9.4), Ian Mahinmi(maybe)

they would recieve in return--
Marcus Camby(12.1ppg), Al Thorton(17.2) and one other player

the trade I propesed lets us get rid of ancient fossils like Bowen and Finley, than a player who doesn't get to play much in Jaque Vaughn and of course a player who would actually be to tough to lose in Bonner(oh well you have to give up someone good) and Ian Mahimni who's injured

In return you get Camby. Could you please sit back and imagine Duncan at PF and Camby at Center working the offensive and defensive boards. It would be rediculous! It would put them back in contest with the lakers who have there two headed monster big men in Bynum and Gasol. Than we can keep Thomas and Oberto in there to be our big men on the bench. Also with this trade we get immediate offensive fire power in Al Thorton and Eric Gordon even though we lose some by giving away Finley and Bonner. But heres the thing even if you give up Finley and Bonner, guys like Mason Jr., George Hill, Ginobili, Parker, Duncan along with some other guys they could get in a trade(wishful thinking in Thorton and another good player) you would still have enough offensive fire power to contend. The Spurs NEEEEEEED A BIG

I really believe Camby would be a solid fit for this team. However, it would take too much to get him. No offense to your trade scenario and I admit the Clipppers are going nowhere fast (in fact they're already there), but you have to put yourself in the Clipppers position. If you were them, would you want to get back the pieces that you've offered? You cannot expect them, or any team for that matter, to be interested in moving two of their most valuable pieces in exchange for a combination of trash (Bonner, Vaughn - no offense), end-of-the-line players (Bowen, Finley), and unproven players (Mahinmi) that you've offered here.

For any team to be willing to entertain trade scenarios, the proposed deal absolutely HAS to make sense for the other team too - and this deal does not. The only exception to this rule is if you have a desparate seller - and I don't view this Clippers as such. They would be foolish to even entertain this proposal. I just don't see this deal at all. Now, if Isiah Thomas was the GM, then maybe. :lol

I. Hustle
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I have a formula that I just concocted myself. Now it is still raw so don't be mean but here it is.

TheSpursFNRule + starting threads = teh suck

ss1986v2
02-05-2009, 10:22 AM
LB6SBC3dm7U

m33p0
02-05-2009, 10:23 AM
I have a formula that I just concocted myself. Now it is still raw so don't be mean but here it is.

TheSpursFNRule + starting threads = teh suck
that's about right. :wakeup

it's me
02-05-2009, 10:27 AM

well........... don't know....... we should ask Gasol and the Lakers how it's to be done.....

raspsa
02-05-2009, 10:45 AM
We would love the guy here, lotsa respect for him.

He would have been a great fit in every way.. too bad.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
TheSpursFNRule.

Check.

hater
02-05-2009, 01:36 PM
grant hill was an amazing pickup for Suns. If not for Grant Hill, Kerr would have already hanged himself from the rafters

NFGIII
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
We need a class about how to out together reasonable trade scenarios. Trades are just that - trades whereby one team gives up something of value to receive something else of equal or similar value - and please don't start with the Pau trade since that was an anomaly/abomination. This one is so one sided that it's beyond belief that the Clippers would even consider it, much less continue any conversation about it.

duncan228
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
TheSpursFNRule.

Check.

:lol

IronMexican
02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
The Spurs' owner is an idiot. Why hasn't he fired Buford and hired one of these guys like TheSpursFNRule to be the GM.

TheSpursFNRule
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
It's been nice being mocked by everyone. Maybe if you guys would step back and realize that Camby is also on his way out(33), he's not a fucking all-star and his contract at 10 million is totally doable for the spurs.:flag:

Sorry that I don't have a million post counts I just wanted to express my idea for a trade. I just cant see the spurs winning with Bonner at Center so maybe my wishful thinking got out of control. But you people on this board are a bunch of assholes. Check please!

:wow

Manufan909
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Nope, we are all just sick of SHITTY trade scenarios. If people come up with a trade that is more one-sided than the Pau trade IN FAVOR of the Spurs, we will shoot it down relentlessly.

And you're wrong, senor actually tried to explain your stupidity, at least one had pity.

ss1986v2
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
It's been nice being mocked by everyone. Maybe if you guys would step back and realize that Camby is also on his way out(33), he's not a fucking all-star and his contract at 10 million is totally doable for the spurs.:flag:

Sorry that I don't have a million post counts I just wanted to express my idea for a trade. I just cant see the spurs winning with Bonner at Center so maybe my wishful thinking got out of control. But you people on this board are a bunch of assholes. Check please!

your post count is irellavent to this matter.

your idea has very little merit when you make so many stupid points. like when you include finley without considering his trade veto ability (why the hell would he want to go to the clips?). and when you send nothing of value back to the clips, not even neutral value expiring contracts (our outgoing packaging contains no asset with positive value). and especially when you try and sneak thornton and possibly eric gordon into the deal as well (thats just retarded).

can you even give anyone here one reason the clips would even trade camby for that original package, let alone throw thornton into the deal.

I. Hustle
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Yeah I hate these a-holes too. You and I should go start our own side. We can call stupidasstradeideas.com or Whineybitch.com

xellos88330
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM

I can see the Spurs winning with nothing but point guards. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

xellos88330
02-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh and one more thing, this has been discussed already.