PDA

View Full Version : Flowers or no Flowers

bballin
02-05-2009, 03:39 AM
Since Valentines day is coming what you going to get her this year, Flowers or no Flowers. Where do you get your flowers from online or at a local flower shop, have you heard of teleflora.com

PM5K
02-05-2009, 03:41 AM
If you didn't have three other posts I might think you worked for Teleflora.com

Flowers are timeless, it's always nice to add something else though that isn't as timeless but that's still interesting.

I can tell you that you don't want her to be the only woman at the office without flowers...

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2009, 03:42 AM
go by someones front lawn see if they are growing roses....and you know what to do right....

marini martini
02-05-2009, 04:09 AM
http://local.yahoo.com/info-19260087-san-antonio-flower-company-san-antonio or Costco:toast

Twisted_Dawg
02-05-2009, 06:35 AM
If you didn't have three other posts I might think you worked for Teleflora.com

Flowers are timeless, it's always nice to add something else though that isn't as timeless but that's still interesting.

I can tell you that you don't want her to be the only woman at the office without flowers...

That is the whole key.......the delivery and presentation to the office where she and her co-workers can ooh and ahh about the flowers while she opens the romantic card you attached. Hell hath no fury like the scorned woman that didnt get flowers when she gets home to face her man. You don't want to be that man. So get ready to shell out about $90 for delivered roses. Add $75 for dinner if you are dating. Priceless.

JudynTX
02-05-2009, 09:17 AM
:lol My husband is off the hook this year, I don't want flowers. Since Valentine's Day is on a Saturday, we plan on going up to Fredericksburg for the day, it's beautiful up there. :)

Twisted_Dawg
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
:lol My husband is off the hook this year, I don't want flowers. Since Valentine's Day is on a Saturday, we plan on going up to Fredericksburg for the day, it's beautiful up there. :)

Kind of funny after a couple gets married and the wife sees that $90.00 charge on the joint credit card bill for some flowers which lasted about 4 days before wilting out how less relevent those flowers seem on V-Day.

Now when you are dating and the guy is buying them......hey bring them on!

JudynTX
02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Kind of funny after a couple gets married and the wife sees that $90.00 charge on the joint credit card bill for some flowers which lasted about 4 days before wilting out how less relevent those flowers seem on V-Day.

Now when you are dating and the guy is buying them......hey bring them on!

Exactly! :lol

Although he surprises me from time to time bringing me a single rose.

JoeChalupa
02-05-2009, 09:42 AM
I do the "make it yourself" gift for Valentines day. The more thought I put into it the better she likes it and the thanks I get....oh, the thanks I get. :p:

JudynTX
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I do the "make it yourself" gift for Valentines day. The more thought I put into it the better she likes it and the thanks I get....oh, the thanks I get. :p:

Those are nice too, and we appreciate them so much.

I'm one of those women who appreciates the little things my husband does. Like washing the dishes without me asking......making me a cup of coffee in the morning. :D

Twisted_Dawg
02-05-2009, 09:48 AM

$25 HEB Dozen Roses
$5 of Babys Breath
$5 of Filler
$10 Vase

$45 Finish Product

We've all done that. It's just the delivery to her office that is the trick. Is Mouse available???

ORION
02-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Its my dick in a box ...

JoeChalupa
02-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Its my dick in a box ...

Do you use one of these?

http://www.idealfavors.com/Wedding-Favors/Personalized-Matchbooks/MBX02001-Small-Euro-Personalized-Matchbox.jpg

JoeChalupa
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Anyone ever do the "pajama gram"?

IronMexican
02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't know what to get her yet. I'll probably get her chocolates and a bear or something.

MiamiHeat
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
hooray ...flowers

maybe you can add some chocolates, a valentine card, add a corny played out poem and deliver it via sing-a-gram by a guy in a bear suit at her office and be like majority of every other human on valentines.

use your brains people. sheesh. some of you have no idea what romance is. you just regurgitate shit that you saw on a television show or a movie

maybe for a proposal , you could take her to a basketball game and get on one knee while the billboard says will you marry me?

:bang

Jekka
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Anyone ever do the "pajama gram"?

My mom has done those for my sister and me - they're pretty cute. And they last longer than roses!

I worked for a florist for a summer, and I'm sorry, but florists totally gyp you. I haven't used a florist since then, because you can get flowers at the grocery store (or that wholesale place on McCullough and Ashby that's pretty bad ass) for like 25% of the florists' cost.

Florists are great if you need to send some flowers outside of a feasible driving distance (i.e., your great-uncle's funeral in Idaho), but for something that's in town, get the flowers and deliver them yourself. It makes a better statement. If you suck at arranging, then have them do it at the store ... for free.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I usually give the Mrs. a kitchen appliance of some sort. Last year I mixed it up and gave her a new vacuum cleaner.

mrsmaalox
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Flowers are always nice. I think I like getting a card for Valentine's Day better though. And as far as the candy goes, my entire life I have gotten a the biggest, laciest, ribboniest, red heart from my Dad so that's the only candy I care about. But if I ever feel like I should have a bit more candy, it's 50% off at Walgreen's the day after Valentine's!

mrsmaalox
02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I usually give the Mrs. a kitchen appliance of some sort. Last year I mixed it up and gave her a new vacuum cleaner.

Oh you sentimental old fool :p:

JudynTX
02-05-2009, 12:57 PM

I get electronic gadgets. :toast

Blake
02-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm giving her what I suggested to pbk81 in his divorce thread:

(as Panda mentioned): 1 rose and a card
a gift certificate to the massage school over in the Park Central shopping center
dinner at home.

total: >$50

gay abc
02-05-2009, 01:27 PM
i'm getting each of us one of these :hat

http://www.vizio.com/uploadedImages/30_Products/310_TVs/314_20_to_31_in/VMM26_product_header.jpg?n=1432

CuckingFunt
02-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Big, fat, succulent, juicy chocolate covered strawberries.

PM5K
02-05-2009, 02:35 PM
i'm getting each of us one of these :hat

http://www.vizio.com/uploadedImages/30_Products/310_TVs/314_20_to_31_in/VMM26_product_header.jpg?n=1432

Vizio, so you don't like her or yourself?

At least get her the Vizio and yourself something better...

gay abc
02-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Vizio, so you don't like her or yourself?

At least get her the Vizio and yourself something better...

i ain't getting her anything, it's a him, stupid :lmao

wtf is wrong with this monitor? :rolleyes

jack sommerset
02-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm breaking out my Pinocchio underwear. She loves it. She ask me lots of dirty questions and I lie and my nose grows but thats really not my nose that is growing. I asked her to wear her Alice and Wonderland dress but she says if her Wonder Women outfit gets here by Saturday she wants to put the rope around me and interogate Pinocchio. Either way I love freaken Valentines Day now.

timvp
02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm giving her what I suggested to pbk81 in his divorce thread:

(as Panda mentioned): 1 rose and a card
a gift certificate to the massage school over in the Park Central shopping center
dinner at home.

total: >$50Might as well throw in his and her math lessons . . .

Blake
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Might as well throw in his and her math lessons . . .

typing lessons might do me better

jman3000
02-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Giving flowers is for fags.

Sometimes when things are just so damn cliche, they become unbearable for me to do.

I usually take my Valentine to Oasis down by Medina lake... but i think they're closed for renovation or some shit so i'm not sure what im gonna get my whore.

Richard Cranium
02-05-2009, 04:47 PM

Sometimes when things are just so damn cliche, they become unbearable for me to do.

I usually take my Valentine to Oasis down by Medina lake... but i think they're closed for renovation or some shit so i'm not sure what im gonna get my whore.

To prove I'm not a fag I'll give your whore a Valentine she'll never forget.

gay abc
02-05-2009, 04:51 PM

then why do so many breeders do it? :rolleyes

Richard Cranium
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM

:lol

jman3000
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM

i meant fags as in being lame or stupid... not as in gay.

breeders have nothing to do with how retarded and cliche giving flowers for Valentines day has become.

it's an issue of doing something original and caring for your woman/man and not something that's been done literally billions upon billions of times before.

gay abc
02-05-2009, 05:13 PM

breeders have nothing to do with how retarded and cliche giving flowers for Valentines day has become.

it's an issue of doing something original and caring for your woman/man and not something that's been done literally billions upon billions of times before.

ok that clears things up me

thanks

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Might as well throw in his and her math lessons . . .

SpursWoman
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't know what we're going to do, if anything ... but how 2/14 goes might determine how 3/14 goes. :lol

JudynTX
02-05-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't know what we're going to do, if anything ... but how 2/14 goes might determine how 3/14 goes. :lol

Nice! :lmao

JoeChalupa
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM

It's a Valentine's tradition and taking your whore out for dinner isn't exactly a new idea. :lol

Jekka
02-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Big, fat, succulent, juicy chocolate covered strawberries.

Forget my suggestions, this one is better.

bballin
02-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Forget my suggestions, this one is better.

hahaha
theres nothing wrong with flowers!! with teleflora they work with florist to ensure that our flowers are fresh

ploto
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
It meant nothing to have my ex call some florist, give then his CC number, and say deliver something to her.

EricB
02-06-2009, 02:33 PM
My shopping is done already. the delivery will be easy as its on a saturday this year :)