PDA

View Full Version : H-O-R-S-E game at All-Star

jiggy_55
02-05-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't know if this has been posted already, but thought it would be interesting..

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do
By John Hollinger
ESPN.com
The league's announcement of a H-O-R-S-E game at All-Star Weekend is outstanding news and long overdue. Now we're all waiting expectantly to see who will be selected for the event. Here's whom I'm hoping they'll pick:

Kobe Bryant: A master shot-maker from anywhere on the floor. You know he'll pull out something crazy with either hand that nobody else can replicate.

Kevin Love: His ability to fling in 90-footers from the other baseline makes him a wild card in this event.

Manu Ginobili: Another guy with every shot in the game in his arsenal. Plus, he's a lefty, so he can do some things from angles that right-handed players can't reach.

Vince Carter: Finally, a game Carter can play without being criticized for being too soft. Like Manu and Kobe, he packs an incredibly diverse arsenal, plus he'd throw in some crazy 360s that nobody else could replicate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090205

Blue-Lightning
02-05-2009, 09:01 AM
I'd love to see Manu in a game of HORSE... but I have a feeling it would piss him off worse than the sixth man award. Lol.

BL

phyzik
02-05-2009, 09:17 AM
If its full of scrubs, its going to suck. They will probably go with scrubs.

EricB
02-05-2009, 09:48 AM
If they go with scrubs its out of necessity, not out of choice. Same way with the dunk contest.

Biggems
02-05-2009, 10:05 AM
HORSE takes too long....PIG doesnt sound right.....call it N-B-A and run with it.

BlackSwordsMan
02-05-2009, 10:06 AM
they should do old school vs new school

Pauleta14
02-05-2009, 10:11 AM
What means H.O.R.S.E ???
I know what it is (I've seen one with Iceman, it was spectacular!)...
But what means the letters?

Trainwreck2100
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
What means H.O.R.S.E ???

when you combine them they spell out an animal

Pauleta14
02-05-2009, 10:40 AM
when you combine them they spell out an animal

:lol

Thank you, I noticed that!
But why that specific animal?
I don't get it...

Solid D
02-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I remember when CBS? used to have the HORSE competetion, taped and showed at half-time of games during the year in a round-robin structure. Gervin was in it. Maravich also.

Solid D
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM

Thank you, I noticed that!
But why that specific animal?
I don't get it...

Because games of E-L-E-P-H-A-N-T took too long to play. :smokin

We usually play P-I-G, especially with more than a couple of players.

Pauleta14
02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Because games of E-L-E-P-H-A-N-T took too long to play. :smokin

ok so no specific reasons I gess...
I wanted to know the genesis!

phyzik
02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
sYC2YjK8Mk4

phyzik
02-05-2009, 11:23 AM

ok so no specific reasons I gess...
I wanted to know the genesis!

I think its something like Horses cant shoot a basketball, so if you lose, your labeled a horse.

Pauleta14
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I think its something like Horses cant shoot a basketball, so if you lose, your labeled a horse.

:wow
weird :lol

Man In Black
02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I remember when CBS? used to have the HORSE competetion, taped and showed at half-time of games during the year in a round-robin structure. Gervin was in it. Maravich also.

I remember this and I remember when Bob Lanier beat Jojo White in a NBA Tourney of 1 on 1 competition.

Doug Collins
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Rasheed would be awesome at this

xtremesteven33
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
If Manu isnt in this this HORSE, it will be broke back mountain style......GAY

anonoftheinternets
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
What means H.O.R.S.E ???

Its coz when ppl go down by 2, u can trash talk and call them a HO! And then u can call them a *HOR*

mudyez
02-05-2009, 03:43 PM
the iceman does it duncanstyle and uses the backboard, while timmy still was playing in the kindergarden

my top4 for that competition:

first matchup: shaq vs. calderon...imagine calderon taking controll and keep shooting hundets of freethrows while shaq makes them too :D

second matchup: dwight howard vs whoever..."dwight, there are no dunkings allowed in that competition!...ok, dwight?...dwight?"...."I DONT GIVE A SH$#§!!!!SUUUUUUUPPPPAAAAAMMAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

making the final shaq (yeah he bet caldi by making 497 freethrows in a row!) vs whoever got to the final coz dwight was disqualified)...and shaq would plain and simple eat him to become the champ!

PM5K
02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
sYC2YjK8Mk4

That was a lot of fun to watch, and I have the feeling guys of this era would take it to a whole new level, I was surprised not to see any half court shots, or even hook shots.

They really should have never stopped doing this.

roycrikside
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Vince Carter: Finally, a game Carter can play without being criticized for being too soft. Like Manu and Kobe, he packs an incredibly diverse arsenal, plus he'd throw in some crazy 360s that nobody else could replicate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090205

You can't have dunks in a H-O-R-S-E game. What's the point in that? That's what the dunk contest is for.

angelbelow
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Manu!