PDA

View Full Version : So, how 'bout that Dan Reeves guy?

peewee's lovechild
02-05-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/89550-reeves-bolts-cowboys-job?eref=fromSI

Reeves bolts Cowboys' job

Former long-time NFL coach Dan Reeves got an office and phone extension at the Dallas Cowboys' Valley Ranch headquarters on Monday. Two days later, the man who was supposed to come in and be a consultant and overseer -- while helping instill discipline into the organization -- is out, continuing what has been off-season of discontent for the Cowboys. According to sources, Reeves and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones couldn't come to an agreement on duties and/or compensation, ending the relationship. According to another source, there was never any contentiousness in the negotiations, while saying the two sides differed on Reeves' schedule and how much he would be at the the team's headquarters and practices, with Jones wanting more of a full-time committment than Reeves, 65, was willing to give at this point in his career.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

leemajors
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm sure this was something you wanted to do right? "Oh yeah, no question about it. I really and truly thought the deal was done. And after several days of discussing it and so forth we basically came to an agreement and so I thought it was done but with some of the concessions that Jerry had made he ended up putting some things in there that I wasn't comfortable with that he thought was important to him and just felt like if we couldn't come to an agreement it's best we part if we both weren't' going to feel comfortable with the thing."

Consult Jerry or Wade? "Both. Not consultant, I was just going to do whatever they asked me to do, any part of football operation."

Game plans too? "If that's what Wade asked me to do. We agreed to all that stuff. It had nothing to do with that. We worked out what the title was, we came to an agreement on what that was going to be."

Reeves said money was not a factor in this decision.
"Jerry was very good as far as everything was concerned," Reeves said. "It was one thing that came up that I felt was important for me but not being in the contract he felt like it was important to be there and that's basically it."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/dan-reeves-speaks.html

monosylab1k
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Reeves probably suggested a system where players are held accountable and disciplined, and got fired immediately.

IronMexican
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Reeves is a hard-nosed guy. Jerry is dumb to let him go.

samikeyp
02-05-2009, 01:49 PM

+1

peewee's lovechild
02-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Reeves probably suggested a system where players are held accountable and disciplined, and got fired immediately.

No shit.

peewee's lovechild
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM

Jerruh has been doing some pretty stupid shit as of late.

He's getting the Al Davis Syndrome.

peewee's lovechild
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
ADS for short.

IronMexican
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
They need to find a cure for Alzheimer's. That's the only way to cure ADS.

to21
02-05-2009, 02:41 PM
DAMMIT!!!

Just another damn spoke in the "Tank 2009 Season" wheel.

Obstructed_View
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Damn, and I was just sure what the Cowboys needed was another middle manager to shore up the lack of leadership on the field.

leemajors
02-05-2009, 05:35 PM
"Well, I don't want to get into those things that were the sticking point," Reeves said on 103.3. "But let's just put it this way, in the 29 years that I've been coaching in the National Football League, I never had that in my contract. Well, he said it was important for him that it was in there."

tonylongoriafan
02-05-2009, 11:30 PM
the circus continues, even in the mother fucking off season...i'd knew we'd find away to make noise without having a first round draft pick...btw, where's the draft thread?

leemajors
02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Jones is a fucking idiot

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/020609dnspocowreeves.413368b.html

Dan Reeves said he objected to having a clause put in his contract about the amount of hours he was to work at Valley Ranch.

redskinfan
02-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Reeves is OLD!!!