PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Tigers...

djohn14
02-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Just beat the Longhorns in Austin...boy thats 2 tough loses in a row. Missouri is now third in the BIG 12.

lebomb
02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
No kidding.............what is up with the Horns. I guess no Durant and no DJ Augustin. If these two had stayed in college.............UT would be unstoppable right now. Durant a senior along with AJ Abrams and DJ as a Junior........DAMN!!!

K-State Spur
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
No kidding.............what is up with the Horns. I guess no Durant and no DJ Augustin. If these two had stayed in college.............UT would be unstoppable right now. Durant a senior along with AJ Abrams and DJ as a Junior........DAMN!!!

you never know. if you get to play that card, you still would have had your hands full dealing with Clemente dishing to beasley & walker.

lebomb
02-05-2009, 02:51 PM
you never know. if you get to play that card, you still would have had your hands full dealing with Clemente dishing to beasley & walker.

True..........shows you how good college Bball could have been right?

K-State Spur
02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
True..........shows you how good college Bball could have been right?

shows you how tough it is to reload from the one & dones. KU was *lucky* (extreme oversimplification on my part) last year in the sense that all of their top talent could be described as classic "tweeners" and/or each player had at least one major flaw in their game that prevented the NBA from salivating over them.

if chalmers or arthur had been a projected lottery pick a year earlier, there's no way they're a national champion.

leemajors
02-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Just beat the Longhorns in Austin...boy thats 2 tough loses in a row. Missouri is now third in the BIG 12.

all you gotta do is guard abrams tight, and make them run halfcourt sets. the lack of any outside/mid range threat outside of abrams is telling, and no pg, etc. i just can't believe they looked lost when pressed every time in the second half. bad coaching?

djohn14
02-06-2009, 12:28 AM
all you gotta do is guard abrams tight, and make them run halfcourt sets. the lack of any outside/mid range threat outside of abrams is telling, and no pg, etc. i just can't believe they looked lost when pressed every time in the second half. bad coaching?

True, but Missouri has made a big step. This isnt the same team, but a victory over Texas is still a good win. I was surprised Damien James didnt have a big night.

leemajors
02-06-2009, 09:06 PM
True, but Missouri has made a big step. This isnt the same team, but a victory over Texas is still a good win. I was surprised Damien James didnt have a big night.

he was moving badly. hurt his knee last game.

djohn14
02-06-2009, 10:19 PM
he was moving badly. hurt his knee last game.

Ahh thanks...I wasnt aware of that. Usually any athletic player with size can dominate...and I was just waiting for James to do so.

pkbpkb81
02-06-2009, 10:30 PM
other then the sooners the big 12 is down this year and that is going to really hurt come march when we only get 4 or 5 teams in.

djohn14
02-06-2009, 10:43 PM
other then the sooners the big 12 is down this year and that is going to really hurt come march when we only get 4 or 5 teams in.

Gimme the teams you got.

I say..
1. Oklahoma
2. Kansas
3. Missouri
4. Texas

Bubble---Baylor

Probably not, but maybe...Nebraska.

K-State Spur
02-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Gimme the teams you got.

I say..
1. Oklahoma
2. Kansas
3. Missouri
4. Texas

Bubble---Baylor

Neither team is going to get in, but K-State will finish ahead of UNL - probably Baylor too. The second half of the schedule is much easier for the Cats.

Doug Collins
02-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Gimme the teams you got.

I say..
1. Oklahoma
2. Kansas
3. Missouri
4. Texas

Bubble---Baylor

I think Texas A&M can sneak in, having a very favorable schedule and remaining match ups with texas and mizzou at home. Baylor on the road will be difficult, but it's very winnable. Just wish they hadn't blown it against ou.

K-State Spur
02-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Gimme the teams you got.

I say..
1. Oklahoma
2. Kansas
3. Missouri
4. Texas

Bubble---Baylor

Alright, now gotta consider KSU a bubble team. They're only 5-4, but they've already cleared OU, UT, A&M, Baylor, & @KU off of their schedule. They're on fire and they've still got Tech, Colorado, Nebraska @ home and @ISU as games where they should be heavy favorites. The other 3 games are KU at home, @Mizzou, and @Okie Lite - difficult to be sure, but certainly not unwinnable. If they win the ones that they should, beat KU and win one of the 2 roadies - that's an 11-5 conference slate. No 11 win team from a BCS conference has ever been kept out of the NCAA tournament*.

Of course, now that I've said this, they'll go back to Mr. Hyde status.

*Of course, no 10 win conference team from a BCS conference had ever been kept out either before KSU in 2006.

lebomb
02-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Missouri takes down Kansas!!! I guess they are for real this time.

degenerate_gambler
02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Missouri takes down Kansas!!! I guess they are for real this time.

i didnt watch but about the last couple of minutes....

just how the hell was kansas even in the game when they had 26 to's and mizzou had 13 steals on the nite?

great ending though..

K-State Spur
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
KU was in total control at multiple points in the game and just got really really careless with the ball.

Hopefully, they'll play like that in Manhattan on Saturday...but I doubt it.

samikeyp
02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The way they are going, if Texas makes the NIT, I will be happy. :bang

dws009
02-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I for one am so against this one and done B.S. I really wish the NBA would have gone the route of the NFL and required that players be in their third year of school before being elgible for the draft.

K-State Spur
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I for one am so against this one and done B.S. I really wish the NBA would have gone the route of the NFL and required that players be in their third year of school before being elgible for the draft.

There was no way that they were going to get the players union to agree to a 3 year wait. In addition, 3 years would have likely pushed more guys to Europe like Jennings.

It's not ideal, but I don't know what's BS about getting to enjoy guys like Durant & Beasley for a year.

dws009
02-10-2009, 11:55 PM
There was no way that they were going to get the players union to agree to a 3 year wait. In addition, 3 years would have likely pushed more guys to Europe like Jennings.

It's not ideal, but I don't know what's BS about getting to enjoy guys like Durant & Beasley for a year.

Okay so imagine if Josh Freeman only played one year at K-State. That's why it's retarded.

K-State Spur
02-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Okay so imagine if Josh Freeman only played one year at K-State. That's why it's retarded.

Why do I have to imagine Freeman when I actually saw it first hand with Beasley?

It's moot anyway, they were barely able to get the union to agree to 1 year.