PDA

View Full Version : Recession irreversible?

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Obama seems to think so. However, Obama can save us.

President Barack Obama warned on Thursday that failure to pass an economic recovery package could plunge the nation into an even longer, perhaps irreversible recession (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-stresses-urgency-of-now-apf-14265224.html)

this dude really does have the messiah complex.

FreeMason
02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Same as Bush using terrorists to pass all his stuff.

Fear and Choas are great tools for some. Question those who use it to their advantage imo. Anyone who looks at the porkulus bill knows most of it is just pushing left-wing agenda and is not needed at this point in time to "Save America".

It's got nothing to do with media driven messiah complexes.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Messiah complex? That's all you've got? I guess your handle does contain the word 2cents. But why make the 2cents its own topic, 2cents?

What's wrong with the two existing (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116035) threads (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116112)?

CubanMustGo
02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Golly, as opposed to saying the Iraqis had WMDs to fuel someone's Napoleon complex?

clambake
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
you guys not knowing that this is time sensitive is depressing.

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Golly, as opposed to saying the Iraqis had WMDs to fuel someone's Napoleon complex?

I agree with your comparison.

ratm1221
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM

Fear and Choas are great tools for some. Question those who use it to their advantage imo. Anyone who looks at the porkulus bill knows most of it is just pushing left-wing agenda and is not needed at this point in time to "Save America".

So now that a dem is in office, fear mongering is no longer acceptable? Typical.

smeagol
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM

Weaksauce . . .

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Weaksauce . . .

weaksauce....

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
So now that a dem is in office, fear mongering is no longer acceptable? Typical.No more acceptable than it was then, and in some ways less. It was promised this sort of thing wouldn't happen anymore.

Voila'.

Cheney's recent terror pronouncements (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gogh2M5Jh3Ug7CxS-EuDCC9I-kqg) apparently obligate a persuasive counternarrative. Imminent financial debacle.

Voila'.

BacktoBasics
02-05-2009, 12:35 PM
At least his agenda doesn't warp countless young Americans with a sense of Patriotism only to lead them to slaughter.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
At least his agenda doesn't warp countless young Americans with a sense of Patriotism only to lead them to slaughter.It's still early on. Anything could happen.

balli
02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
What's wrong with the two existing (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116035) threads (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116112)?

What's wrong is that 2cents is one of, if not the single, biggest moron on Spurstalk. All he does is post overly-ideological and inane meritless chatter. It's sickening how many partisan, bullshit and completely unsubstantiated lines of attack this jerkoff comes up with. Either he didn't see the threads or he was too stupid to understand what was being discussed in them; either way the guy's epically dumb.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
It's neither sporting nor helpful IMO for VP Cheney to attempt to reset the agenda, during the historically significant Congressional kabuki about the stimulus.

The former VP is somewhat out of place. Obama's Gitmo policies pose no imminent grave threat.

balli
02-05-2009, 12:50 PM
The former VP is somewhat out of place. Obama's Gitmo policies pose no imminent grave threat.
I'm just hoping in hindsight that Cheney and Bush weren't actually dumb enough to think Gitmo is the only thing that's been keeping us safe. If so, we dodged a massive bullet. Actually we probably did anyway.

FreeMason
02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
So now that a dem is in office, fear mongering is no longer acceptable? Typical.

Good to see you guys are raising the bar. Go team go Different Politician on 3

FreeMason
02-05-2009, 01:09 PM
What's wrong is that 2cents is one of, if not the single, biggest moron on Spurstalk. All he does is post overly-ideological and inane meritless chatter. It's sickening how many partisan, bullshit and completely unsubstantiated lines of attack this jerkoff comes up with. Either he didn't see the threads or he was too stupid to understand what was being discussed in them; either way the guy's epically dumb.

When will you learn brah. You insults are meaningless when we can all see the source. Same goes for me, but I can accept it.

Being called a jerkoff by our lovable Utah Resident is a compliment.

balli
02-05-2009, 01:13 PM
When will you learn brah. You insults are meaningless when we can all see the source. Same goes for me, but I can accept it.

Being called a jerkoff by our lovable Utah Resident is a compliment.

brah? :rolleyes

And BTW, I'm sorry, I didn't know you thought this thread or the OP's creation of it had any sort of value whatsoever. Carry on, in hidsight we really needed a whole thread so that 2cents could post a redundant and sentence long rip of Obama.

ratm1221
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Good to see you guys are raising the bar. Go team go Different Politician on 3

I was actually commenting on your opinion that you think that Obama is fear mongering. I don't believe he is. I believe it's true. More and more people are losing their jobs everyday. Instead of spending money on unemployment, why don't we use it to put people to work. Six one way, half-a-dozen the other.. So, yes. Time matters in this case. = not fear mongering.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
You don't really do topics, do you FreeMason?

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 01:27 PM
I was actually commenting on your opinion that you think that Obama is fear mongering. I don't believe he is. I believe it's true. More and more people are losing their jobs everyday. Instead of spending money on unemployment, why don't we use it to put people to work. Six one way, half-a-dozen the other.. So, yes. Time matters in this case. = not fear mongering.The proximity and severity of the danger have been emphasized.

Is the danger really so close as Obama says it may be?

We do not know.

It is possible this is true; it is possible it is untrue. It may not even be verifiable. Like a terrorist threat. Financial collapse is a possibility.

Whether or not the alarm is well-intentioned, it arouses the passion of the crowd against due deliberation. It is also well timed to strengthen Obama's hand going into negotiations in Congress.

Possible truth.

Possible fear-mongering.

And why not both at the same time?

George Gervin's Afro
02-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Obama seems to think so. However, Obama can save us.

President Barack Obama warned on Thursday that failure to pass an economic recovery package could plunge the nation into an even longer, perhaps irreversible recession (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-stresses-urgency-of-now-apf-14265224.html)

I can't wait until he makes stuff up to go to war.

jack sommerset
02-05-2009, 02:28 PM

Memo: Bush is not President anymore. It time for you to look at Obama. So far he sucks.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't sugarcoat it for them jacksommerset, why don't you just go on and tell them what you really mean? :lol

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM

because my heart goes out to you Lee Harvey.

http://www.illustrationsof.com/images/clipart/xsmall2/61_teenage_boy_petting_a_white_dog.jpg

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 03:37 PM
2cents hated his own thread so much he started another one.

I guess he saw his fail there and needed a new angle.

It's certainly hyperbolic fear mongering, but is is really that noteworthy?

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
It's certainly hyperbolic fear mongering, but is is really that noteworthy?Nobody really cared yesterday. Today's not much different.

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
2cents hated his own thread so much he started another one.

I guess he saw his fail there and needed a new angle.

this is a product of your co-dependency.

It's certainly hyperbolic fear mongering, but is is really that noteworthy?this is a decent take.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Board Republicans seem to be using the multiple thread strategy today to pad perceived interest.

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Board Republicans seem to be using the multiple thread strategy today to pad perceived interest.

I'm not the one who hurt you.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm not the one who hurt you.That makes no sense. I'm not hurt -- but if you'd like to distract everyone from another thread by talking about me again, let's do this.

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 03:47 PM
i'm not the one who is hurt. The evidence is in another thread.

hurt about what?

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
hurt about what?Denial is part of the process.

You'll be fine in time.

So, how would you like to make this thread about me today?

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Denial is part of the process.

You'll be fine in time.

good dodge.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm not dodging anything. You had some fail the first time out, so you're trying again.

Good for you, but we all see what happened. This is indeed a better thread, but the existence of the others remains.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
What's wrong is that 2cents is one of, if not the single, biggest moron on Spurstalk.Not by a long shot.

Nobody in this thread even makes my short list. Sorry.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Not by a long shot.

Nobody in this thread even makes my short list. Sorry.Well, we're all guilty of hyperbole at one point or another.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Well, we're all guilty of hyperbole at one point or another.Certainly.

The honeymooners routine can get tiresome. You referenced this briefly upstream, I think.

Winehole23
02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, we're all guilty of hyperbole at one point or another.All I did was try to milk one for all it was worth.

The balli/2cents encounter was impressively hostile. You could feel the tension.

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not dodging anything. You had some fail the first time out, so you're trying again.

Good for you, but we all see what happened. This is indeed a better thread, but the existence of the others remains.

I"m trying to respond, but I can't follow the line of reasoning or why I should care. nevertheless, it would be cool if calm chump showed up in the stimulus=fortune thread. That's the one I'm most interested in.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I"m trying to respond, but I can't follow the line of reasoning or why I should care.I understand why you can't follow, and I don't care I you care.
nevertheless, it would be cool if calm chump showed up in the stimulus=fortune thread. That's the one I'm most interested in.Then you shouldn't have started two other threads on the same subject. Nice you care about my presence in at least one of them.

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I understand why you can't follow, and I don't care I you care.Then you shouldn't have started two other threads on the same subject. Nice you care about my presence in at least one of them.

great! have I told you lately you're tormented by the shame and guilt of your ancestors crimes.:lol

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
great! have I told you lately you're tormented by the shame and guilt of your ancestors crimes.:lolNah, I'm quite comfortable with my ancestry. You should relabel this thread if it's going to be about me.

2centsworth
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Nah, I'm quite comfortable with my ancestry. You should relabel this thread if it's going to be about me.

it your dreams, but I'll give you the last word.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Good talk.

"ChumpDumper irreversible?"