PDA

View Full Version : Brand Done for Season

sribb43
02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3887072

Elton Brand's first season in Philadelphia is coming to an abrupt ending.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday afternoon that Brand will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery Monday after a failed attempt to play through the injury.

The Sixers' marquee summer signing has averaged a mere 5.7 points and 4.7 boards in less than 20 minutes per game in his six outings since sitting out 16 games after dislocating his shoulder in a home game against the Milwaukee Bucks on Dec. 17. The former All-Star, who turns 30 on March 11, managed only eight minutes in Tuesday's one-point loss to the Boston Celtics, sitting out the entire second half.

After an Achilles injury that limited him to eight games last season with the Clippers, Brand signed a five-year deal worth nearly $80 million with Philadelphia in July to end his six-season stay in Los Angeles.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com

Kamnik
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
fuck

i like him.... unlucky :/

Shastafarian
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
The new Grant Hill.

Allanon
02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
That's too bad for him. I think he's gonna get traded next season.

The Sixers do seem to be better without him though. He just doesn't fit.

timvp
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
That sucks for Brand but yeah the Sixers are better without him.

MarHill
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
He should have stayed with the Clippers! I can't believe I just wrote that.

Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side of the street...or in his case the other side of the country.

Tough break for him....I hope recovers as soon as he can!

DDS4
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Oooof....$13 million is a lot coin for 29 games @ 14 points/8 rebs per game.

I. Hustle
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
:lmao

Red Hawk #21
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Time for the Sixers to trade this guy

IronMexican
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Sucks for him. This might make Philly contenders

JamStone
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Who would trade for him with that contract and two straight years of injuries?

I don't think it was really the fact that Brand didn't fit that well. I think the team could be good with Brand if they just had some shooters around him. Too many times I'd see box scores where as a team they shot something like 1-for-12 or 2-for-15 from three point range. Brand can play in an uptempo style and still contribute. But, the team has to be able to run some half court sets with Brand as the focal point of the offense with good shooters around him.

MarHill
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Who would trade for him with that contract and two straight years of injuries?

I don't think it was really the fact that Brand didn't fit that well. I think the team could be good with Brand if they just had some shooters around him. Too many times I'd see box scores where as a team they shot something like 1-for-12 or 2-for-15 from three point range. Brand can play in an uptempo style and still contribute. But, the team has to be able to run some half court sets with Brand as the focal point of the offense with good shooters around him.

Philly traded Korver to Utah last season and he was their best shooter. And they would have to trade some people now...to get shooters to fit with Brand!!