PDA

View Full Version : Sixers Brand Done For Season

Duncan2177
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Elton Brand's first season in Philadelphia is coming to an abrupt ending.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Thursday afternoon that Brand will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery Monday after a failed attempt to play through the injury.

The Sixers' marquee summer signing has averaged a mere 5.7 points and 4.7 rebounds in less than 20 minutes per game in six outings since Dec. 17. He sat out 16 games after dislocating his shoulder in a home game against the Milwaukee Bucks.

The former All-Star, who turns 30 on March 11, managed to play nearly nine minutes in Tuesday's one-point loss to the Boston Celtics, sitting out the entire second half.

After an Achilles injury that limited him to eight games last season with the Clippers, Brand signed a five-year deal worth nearly $80 million with Philadelphia in July to end his six-season stay in Los Angeles.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3887072

EricB
02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Karma is a bitch Brandy.

JPB
02-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Yeah, funny to see the evolution of the players who chose the money last offseason.

Baron...
Corey...
Elton...

But hey, they got the cash, right...

angelbelow
02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
lol... karma?

EricB
02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
lol... karma?

Go re read what he did to the Clippers in the offseason.

Epitome of karmic sweetness.

koriwhat
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
i still don't understand why franchises pay so much for talent that has done nothing in so long except ride the pine.... it boggles my mind.

arenas gets the max and he hasn't done shit in god knows how long, brand too, baron is injury prone but atleast he plays as does maggot. haha.

it doesn't make any sense.

02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
there goes the sixers future. if i remember correctly brand holds a 5 year $15million/year contract. he just completely killed the sixers cap space without offering them a chance to compete in the playoffs.

Bartleby
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
i still don't understand why franchises pay so much for talent that has done nothing in so long except ride the pine.... it boggles my mind.

arenas gets the max and he hasn't done shit in god knows how long, brand too, baron is injury prone but atleast he plays as does maggot. haha.

it doesn't make any sense.

What makes even less sense is how worked up Spurs fans get about how "overpaid" some of the Spurs bench players are.

Spurs Brazil
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
76ers are playing better without him.

I think he'll be trade in the offseason

Thompson
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Who's going to trade for a 30 year old guy who missed almost all of this season and last due to injury and is on a huge 6 year deal?

m33p0
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM
all-injury team perennial member.

dirk4mvp
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
This guy is just a loser as a basketball player.

SenorSpur
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, funny to see the evolution of the players who chose the money last offseason.

Baron...
Corey...
Elton...

...and don't forget Gilbert Arenas. Though he didn't change cities, he strong-armed the Wizards into giving him a near-max deal while he was injured. Look what they've got to show for it.

Personnel moves like that get GMs fired and sabotage franchises for years.

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2009, 11:22 PM
This guy is just a loser as a basketball player.

duke players lmao.....avoid them :D

Austin_Toros
02-06-2009, 12:28 AM

Baron...
Corey...
Elton...

LOL. true that.

these fools all left teams that had potential just to run to some more money. they are now all on losing teams

as for Brand... worst signing ever??
Not only is he overpaid but he is actually making the 76ers a worse team. Oh, and he's done for the season

:lmao