PDA

View Full Version : Monos1lab1k

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Get your ass in here and bitch with me we all know you want to..fuck im so pissed right now. Getting blown out by a shorthanded 9th seed. pathetic

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Can we also get some Rogue game thoughts to start the healing process..

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Brickhouse, SD, de soto, this is your chance to talk all the shit you want..go ahead let it all out. Damn we suck

m33p0
02-06-2009, 01:10 AM
great rant. :clap

scanry
02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
It's just a game my friend.

Shit happens, unfortunately it's been happening a lot more to the Mavs this season.

I think Dirk deserves better than this shit. I say trade him to an eastern conf like Orlando so that he can win a championship.

ElNono
02-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Dirk for Duhmare.... Do it Cubes!!! DO ITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 01:15 AM
On the bright side Dirk had 14 points off 6 of 14 shooting in a game that could really help bury Utah in the standings. I guess we're really hungry for that 8 seed :tu

Chris
02-06-2009, 01:15 AM
At least it wasn't 30 points.

ElNono
02-06-2009, 01:16 AM
On the bright side Dirk had 14 points off 6 of 14 shooting in a game that could really help bury Utah in the standings. I guess we're really hungry for that 8 seed :tu

Actually, I think a Lakers - Mavs series would be interesting... all 4 games of it...

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Just a piss poor effort all around, nothing new with the Mavs unfortunately. You can always count on Dallas to take an opportunity like putting themselves a game further up the standings and pissing that opportunity away with little resistance.

I knew they were going to lose this game last night. They got satisfied with themselves with a minute to go in Portland and barely hung on for that one. Expect to lose to Sacramento and then get their asses handed to them by Boston once again.

Brickhouse
02-06-2009, 01:17 AM
It's too much to ask that our beloved Mavs show some toughness and fight when the dainty jumpshots aren't falling :flypig

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Just a piss poor effort all around, nothing new with the Mavs unfortunately. You can always count on Dallas to take an opportunity like putting themselves a game further up the standings and pissing that opportunity away with little resistance.

:tu That's definately what I was looking for. The Mavs just have no fucking heart

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Well my beloved Mavs fans, all we can really do is shake it off.

It hurts when our beloved Mavs lose like this, but what can we do? Any of us capable of playing defense? playing shooting guard? playing center?

Since it's the 7th time it's happened this year, it doesn't even shock me that much anymore, but it hurts.

But we must endure the pain, for that is our obligation as Mavs fans.

Shank
It must be overreaction night on spurstalk.

Ghazi

I knew they were going to lose this game last night. They got satisfied with themselves with a minute to go in Portland and barely hung on for that one. Expect to lose to Sacramento and then get their asses handed to them by Boston once again.

You expected us to lose to Portland and Orlando as well ;)

And CMON, the freakin Kings? If we lose that game I'll vomit

Don't forget we got the Bulls in between SAC-Town and Boston.

My beloved mono, this was indeed an opportunity to move up in the standings but so is every opportunity v 7 other WC teams. We converted on one against Portland.

It's just a game of musical chairs my friend.

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:20 AM
It must be overreaction night on spurstalk.

So you're satisfied with the effort?

mavs>spurs2
Howard/stacks expiring contract for Shaq. Do it Cubes

monosylab1k
"they were on a back to back and it's so hard to win those games! i applaud them for showing up on the court tonight, that's the best they could give and they did it!" :cheer

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:21 AM

My beloved mono, as if you care about the actual effort?

If we lose by a large margin, you'll criticize the effort.

If we lose a tight game in the final minute, you'll criticize our late game execution

If we lose a game by 8-10 with one player having an awful game, you'll criticize that player.

:king

Shank
02-06-2009, 01:21 AM

No, but I'm understanding of the result.

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 01:22 AM

How can you be understanding when it's obvious they gave no fucking effort. We don't even know if this team can beat the Jazz because they didn't even give it a try

balli
02-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Losing to this Utah team is like losing to OKC or WAS. At this point, we're far worse than our record. Tonight, you should all be ashamed of being mavs fans.

ElNono
02-06-2009, 01:25 AM
"they were on a back to back and it's so hard to win those games! i applaud them for showing up on the court tonight, that's the best they could give and they did it!" :cheer

I expected the Mavs to lose this game. I also expected them to win in Orlando and beat Portland. I just reveal my expectations when the game is over, so I look like I know what I'm saying

mavs>spurs2
Losing to this Utah team is like losing to OKC or WAS. At this point, we're far worse than our record. Tonight, you should all be ashamed of being mavs fans.

:tu Best contribution of the thread. Thanks Ballijuana, that's what this thread is all about

monosylab1k

Yeah it's really tough to play basketball on back to back nights.

Ghazi

You're only missing 2 relevant players (boozer is a cancer, that would be like using J-Ho injured as an exucse).

Findog
02-06-2009, 01:26 AM
The Mavs have had a LOT of these kinds of games this year...games that on paper you would expect them to have a tough time winning, but they just lay down and get rolled.

@ New Jersey, @ Phoenix, @ Milwaukee, @ Boston, @ Utah, @ Memphis, vs. Cleveland: those are games where they did not do a good job of competing.

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:27 AM
My beloved mono, as if you care about the actual effort?

If we lose by a large margin, you'll criticize the effort.

If we lose a tight game in the final minute, you'll criticize our late game execution

If we lose a game by 8-10 with one player having an awful game, you'll criticize that player.

:king

I see the potential, and I see the actual results. And the results aren't anywhere near where the true potential of this team lies. And it's just sickening when this team shows it doesn't have the guts to fight to reach their true potential.

Brickhouse
This isn't just a one game occurence. The Mavs have been ass-raped several times this season.

Shank
I know they can beat them. I've already seen it. And unless the Mavs have to travel and play them on a btb in the future, I'm not concerned with them. Our team isn't the Lakers or the Celtics. Nothing us a given and the elements stack up harder against our guys because they're not as good.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:28 AM
My beloved Mavs fans, I just have a question to ask.

Do we get blown out because we give no effort, or because we're not that good?

I refuse to believe that every single time a team gets blown out, it means it doesn't try.

The Jazz aren't 20+ points better than us, but certainly on a night when the jumpers don't fall and the offense has no rhythm, on a back to back, on the road, they can beat us by 20+.

I'm not excusing our beloved Mavs performance, but I'm not sure if it's a lack of effort or us simply being not that good.

Findog
02-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Juxtapose those kinds of lay down games with other ones that surprised me with their effort and the caliber of the opponent: @ Portland, @ Orlando, @ Houston, vs. Phoenix, versus Utah, @ Philly, @ Detroit.

I'm frustrated with the Jekkyl and Hyde nature of this team.

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:29 AM
This isn't just a one game occurence. The Mavs have been ass-raped several times this season.

But they're our beloved Mavs. You should just be happy that we're graced with Dirk's presence every night. That alone is better than 4 rings. Trading Dirk for LeBron would be stupid because LeBron can't make the one leg Euro fade.

Findog
mono is right, they have shown flashes of potential to be really good, and then at other times they've wasted our time by even bothering to show up if that's the kind of performance we're gonna get.

Brickhouse
Last time they barely beat a utah team with Millsap coming back from injury on Dirk's 16-20 shooting.

Utah is a stacked team.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:30 AM
I see the potential, and I see the actual results. And the results aren't anywhere near where the true potential of this team lies. And it's just sickening when this team shows it doesn't have the guts to fight to reach their true potential.

I dunno my friend, I just dunno.

Our roster isn't really that good, on paper atleast.

Our beloved Dirk, we do love him, but his unconventional ways are a nuisance at times. It seems like he works so hard for his shots, he is good at it, but it doesn't come easy... it just seems to negatively affect floor spacing and the flow of the offense at times... but maybe I'm embellishing :)

And then the whole lack of slashers resulting in lack of FTA's, lack of post scoring, mediocre 3-PT shooting.

Quite frankly, I don't think we're underachieving.

Findog
02-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Trading Dirk for LeBron would be stupid because LeBron can't make the one leg Euro fade.

:lmao

Shank
02-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Besides, when had Utah ever let you come into their own barn and kick them around? It's a tough place to play.

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 01:32 AM
mono is right, they have shown flashes of potential to be really good, and then at other times they've wasted our time by even bothering to show up if that's the kind of performance we're gonna get.

Yeah, there's been times we look like we're about one move away from being in the mix again. Then, there's game like tonight where we look like a lottery team. And that team is starting to show up more and more

ElNono
02-06-2009, 01:33 AM
My beloved Mavs fans, I just have a question to ask.

Do we get blown out because we give no effort, or because we're not that good?

I refuse to believe that every single time a team gets blown out, it means it doesn't try.

The Jazz aren't 20+ points better than us, but certainly on a night when the jumpers don't fall and the offense has no rhythm, on a back to back, on the road, they can beat us by 20+.

I'm not excusing our beloved Mavs performance, but I'm not sure if it's a lack of effort or us simply being not that good.

I watched bits and pieces of the game, but it looked like the Utah guys were jumping and fighting everywhere, and the Mavs were kinda meh...
At some point you have to ask yourself how important is beating a team that's competing with you for one of the few final spots to the playoffs... even more so when one of their top players is out...

Ghazi

We've actually shown more flashes of being mediocre though than we have of being really good, though.

7+ 19 point losses, that's mediocre

Then all those close calls against bad teams, that's mediocre

games like the past 4 before tonight, + the Phoenix game, + the win against the Blazers, and I gueeeess the win v the Jazz, and even moments in the losses to the Lakers, really good

The end result I'd say is a team that's not quite mediocre, but not quite really good.

monosylab1k
We've actually shown more flashes of being mediocre though than we have of being really good, though.

And I'm the one accused of being overly negative.

Findog
02-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah, there's been times we look like we're about one move away from being in the mix again. Then, there's game like tonight where we look like a lottery team. And that team is starting to show up more and more

More and more? They've been playing well lately, with quality wins in the bunch. This is the kind of team you're probably going to get all season longs: pleasant surprises like handling Orlando, along with beating teams they're supposed to, as well as laydown jobs like tonight.

Brickhouse
effort was shit tonight but this team also doesn't have the pieces to make any noise.

Findog
I expect the Mavs to finish with around 47 wins if they stay healthy and go out as a lower seed in the first round. Anything less is disappointing and anything more is overachieving.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:35 AM
I watched bits and pieces of the game, but it looked like the Utah guys were jumping and fighting everywhere, and the Mavs were kinda meh...
At some point you have to ask yourself how important is beating a team that's competing with you for one of the few final spots in the playoffs... even more so when one of their top players is out...

Even if we put forth effort tonight, it wouldn't have guaranteed a win. Utah is always a tough out @ home, even with Boozer/AK/Miles out.

Again, my beloved Mavs fans, we shouldn't be disappointed with the 20th loss, we should be disappointed with how we lost the game.

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:37 AM
The trade deadline will come and go and nothing good will happen for the Mavs. Too bad.

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 01:37 AM
More and more? They've been playing well lately, with quality wins in the bunch. This is the kind of team you're probably going to get all season longs: pleasant surprises like handling Orlando, along with beating teams they're supposed to, as well as laydown jobs like tonight.

What I meant to say was those disappointments just keep racking up as the season goes on. But you're right, this is probably what we'd better get used to.

I say they put together a package with J-ho for Shaq and at least say we did something drastic and gave it one last try before we fall back into 20 win seasons for the next 5 years.

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:38 AM
And speaking of trades, how fucking crazy is it that we're getting the shit end of the Diop/Carroll-Hollins deal? Only because Carlisle WON'T FUCKING PLAY THEM.

Brickhouse
02-06-2009, 01:38 AM
The core of aging jumpshooters with a WNBA player manning the paint isn't going to do anything in the playoffs.

That's why they need to either make a major move this season and gamble again, or tank.

For all the talk about other West teams struggling, they have legitimate injuries and have a younger core.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:39 AM
I expect the Mavs to finish with around 47 wins if they stay healthy and go out as a lower seed in the first round. Anything less is disappointing and anything more is overachieving.

I think we can crack 50 wins. Keep in mind the Mavs have had 27 road games, and 22 home games. 19 of the final 33 are at home. We've done a better job at home lately, 15-3 since the 0-4 start.

Also, it sure would be nice if we could turn Stack's contract into a useful body.

I dont mind Howard as much anymore. When he was injured/blackhole I wouldn't have minded a trade for the sake thereof, even if a lateral move.

Now I wouldn't trade him except for an offer we can't refuse.

This team needs an infusion of talent anyway, turning a corpse into a useful player would be nice.

It's really hard for me to blame anyone in particular really. We win 60% of our games, and in 40% of our losses 35% of them are blowouts.

When you get blown out, it's hard to pin it on Howard stagnating the offense, or Kidd's inability to penetrate or shoot consistently, it's just been bad defense.

So where did our beloved Mavs D go? We were good, not great, from 05-06 to even last year... this year we've slipped to mediocre. Does 1 year make that much of a difference? Is it the coaching? Complete disinterest?

ElNono
02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Here's a question for Mavs fans...
How many times this season did your team rally from a 15-20+ deficit to either win, or just get back into the game?

Brickhouse
02-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Now I wouldn't trade him except for an offer we can't refuse.

This team needs an infusion of talent anyway, turning a corpse into a useful player would be nice.

There are no "no-brainer" deals out there for JHo. Especially when other GMs know they can swindle Mark and Donnie.
They can continue sitting on their asses waiting for some team to offer gold for our shit, but that isn't happening.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM
We were down 16 to the Cavs earlier this year, came back to tie up, then ended up losing by 19 down by 25 at one point ugh.

Some 4th quarter rallies against the Pacers/Clippers

And the 29 pt comeback v the T-Wolves

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Here's a question for Mavs fans...
How many times this season did your team rally from a 15-20+ deficit to either win, or just get back into the game?

We had that epic win where we delivered the greatest comeback in Mavericks history..........................................a gainst the Timberwolves.

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
They can continue sitting on their asses waiting for some team to offer gold for our shit, but that isn't happening.

Mark has assured us many times that there's plenty of teams out there desperate to give us their gold for our shit. Trust in Mark Cuban, it's worked wonders in the past.

ElNono
02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
We were down 16 to the Cavs earlier this year, came back to tie up, then ended up losing by 19 down by 25 at one point ugh.

Some 4th quarter rallies against the Pacers/Clippers

And the 29 pt comeback v the T-Wolves

Thanks. It just seemed to me that when the going gets tough, the team tends to lay down... But it must have been just the wrong impression...

monosylab1k
02-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks. It just seemed to me that when the going gets tough, the team tends to lay down... But it must have been just the wrong impression...

Generally when the going gets tough, the Mavs will fight back to tie the game and then puff on a "came back to tie the game" cigar for the final 8 minutes and lose by 18.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:47 AM
I think it's simply a matter of, when the jumpers aren't falling, and the fast break game isn't going, games can get ugly quickly due to our beloved inconsistent defense.

How else can we manufacture points? We dont get to the line often, we dont have a big man who can score.

Basically, fast break points + jumpers. We're the best 2 PT jump shooting team in the league, have been for years wiht Dirk/Terry on the roster, but I dont think thats a stat to hang your hat on.

When those are failing, games get ugly quickly, may or may not be due to effort.

I mean, what. our beloved Mavs are allowing 3-4 more points per game this year and 5-6 more points per game than 2 years ago and the year before that.

With defense like that, it can indeed get ugly for our beloved Mavs. Same for any team that isn't at the very least adequate on that side of the ball.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Another thing, we used to be a juggernaut offense. Now we're just a good but not great offense.

At the end of the day, it's all about putting the ball in the bucket and preventing the other team from doing it.

Well when you regress at both, nights like this can happen... its happened for the Suns/Pistons this year too... happens for mediocre/bad teams all the time.

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 01:50 AM
I think it's simply a matter of, when the jumpers aren't falling, and the fast break game isn't going, games can get ugly quickly due to our beloved inconsistent defense.

How else can we manufacture points? We dont get to the line often, we dont have a big man who can score.

Basically, fast break points + jumpers. We're the best 2 PT jump shooting team in the league, have been for years wiht Dirk/Terry on the roster, but I dont think thats a stat to hang your hat on.

When those are failing, games get ugly quickly, may or may not be due to effort.

I mean, what. our beloved Mavs are allowing 3-4 more points per game this year and 5-6 more points per game than 2 years ago and the year before that.

With defense like that, it can indeed get ugly for our beloved Mavs. Same for any team that isn't at the very least adequate on that side of the ball.

Very accurate assessment. I said back in 2001 that we'd never win a championship without a post scorer, and so far it has held true. The only team I can think of who did it was the 04 Pistons and they even had Sheed.

Brickhouse
02-06-2009, 02:04 AM
From Dallas Morning News:

SALT LAKE CITY – The Mavericks' phones have gone quiet. Or at least gotten quieter.
The e-mails have slowed from an avalanche to a trickle.
A four-game winning streak will do that.
Owner Mark Cuban said Thursday the Mavericks have understandably drifted out of any serious trade talks given the team's recent uptick. That doesn't mean there aren't still deals to be made before the Feb. 19 trade deadline. But nothing is on the front burner, or even close to it.

If the Mavericks' recent rise is maintained, it's logical to assume they will look for more of a small trade, a tweak, if you will. There is no reason for them to take a major risk in the trade market when the team has shown the sort of quality it has the last week.
Even early against the Jazz on Thursday.
The Mavericks had lost all of the hot shooting they enjoyed for four games, but they were in the middle of the game, always within striking distance of the Jazz.
That's a good sign the recommitment is there, and the Mavericks can give themselves a fighting chance on any night.
Of course, the way things go in this league, now that the Mavericks have eased off the trade-talk gas pedal, the offers will probably start pouring in.

:lmao :lmao

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Oh how I weep for our beloved Mavs.

I never lost hope that we atleast had a shot at a title last year. Whether it was overconfident, delusion, whatevs, after the Kidd game we had so many close calls that it teased me into thinking the team was right there... then the playoffs happened.

Some perhaps saw it sooner. After the '06 rigged Finals perhaps, or the GSW series, or the Kidd trade, or this offseason, but I had faith in our beloved Mavs.

This year I lost hope in our beloved Mavs after the 3rd game of the season. The Cavs came into our arena and shut our offense down badly, and scored at will. Up by 16 after 1, we come back to tie it, and then get outscored by 25... within 18 minutes... in our own building.

I've set my expectations low for this year, a playoff series win would thrill me, wouldn't be much but would be 1 more playoff series win than we've seen in the past 2 years. It hurts that we're no longer contenders, and my nights are spent thinking what could've been if Bennett Salvatore didn't blow his bullshit whistle, D-Whistle the wheelchair primadonna didn't make a bunch of fluke shots, etc.

All we can do is endure the mediocrity, for that is our obligation if we want to be called Mavs fans.

Anywho, even if we had the '05-'06 roster in tact, it seems like teams took steroids this year. I'd imagine we'd be around 5th or 6th best in the league.

3 years ago players like Lebron and Kobe were on bad rosters, and Paul/Williams/Howard/Roy were young and undeveloped. Maybe its just me, maybe its the Mavs regressing, but it seems like the NBA took steroids.