PDA

View Full Version : I've worked it out...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-06-2009, 02:42 AM
...assist to the Golden State announcers during replay of the Suns @ Warriors...

Pop was making a statement about the absurdity of the West Coast-Denver b-2-b!

As the announcer said: "It's a guaranteed loss... you've got a 2 hour plane flight, an hour on a bus, and then you lose an hour... it's ridiculous, something that really needs to be looked at." The announcer also described it as "a blight on the game"... a little over the top, but yeah, it's unnecessary and needs to go. Pop knows the league needs to get rid of this as it is a truly unfair b-2-b but nothing is being done about it, so he takes one for the league to make the point. He pisses fans off to make the league understand that it needs to go. And then you have all the other benefits of sitting out the big 3 on top of that (rest, time for marginal players for assessment purposes, psych-play with Denver etc) - fait accompli! ;)

Case solved. :D

PS Like the Warriors' announcers. They can be a bit homer, but mostly they're just basketball geeks. :toast

Manufan909
02-06-2009, 02:46 AM
The B2B wasn't too bad, but then FOUR DAYS of nothing is absolutely retarded. I know it's virtually impossible to work out every single kink(think sudoku with 9000 squares), but the computer program should get some added guidelines, like there shouldn't be more than 3 off days between games, except with the ASG.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-06-2009, 03:06 AM
Point I was making is that b-2-b West Coast then Denver should simply be outlawed from the schedule. That's why Pop caused a controversy, and thus sent a message to Stern.

BTW, pal, I like you. You say insightful things. We'll have to catch up for a drink next time I'm in SA (I've already made two pilgrimages the the Holy Land, in 2003 and 2007. Hoping there'll be one in 2010... ;) ).

Yorae
02-06-2009, 03:07 AM
b2b isn't that bad if the time difference is somewhat reasonable. Our recent b2b is beyond reasonable.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-06-2009, 03:08 AM
b2b isn't that bad if the time difference is somewhat reasonable. Our recent b2b is beyond reasonable.

Yorae is awake and taking it in... ;) :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-06-2009, 03:11 AM
I believe the only B2B should be 2 home games. Making a team fly somewhere, land at 4 am and then play a second game in a span of 20 hours is unfair and doesn't make for a good ballgame. It also increases the chance for injuries.

baseline bum
02-06-2009, 03:11 AM
Fucking Denver airport is crazy; way the hell out from the city. It'd be like if SA put their airport in Corpus Christi or LA in San Diego.

Yorae
02-06-2009, 03:14 AM
Yorae is awake and taking it in... ;) :lol

It's afternoon here.:downspin:

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Is there any proof Pop was trying to send a message to da league about the scheduling or is it just speculative?

m33p0
02-06-2009, 03:31 AM
Is there any proof Pop was trying to send a message to da league about the scheduling or is it just speculative?
he's been against it from the start especially with the way the playoffs are scheduled.

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2009, 03:37 AM
God the league has gotten so pussified.

JPB
02-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Don't ask players to stay away from drugs with such a schedule.
It's physically impossible to get sufficent rest between those b2b. Specially since the last 10-15 years where the game became even faster and more physical.

NBA could make the season begin in october or cut the RS games number to 60-65.

NFGIII
02-06-2009, 09:53 AM
NBA could make the season begin in october or cut the RS games number to 60-65.

I understand how you feel but there is no way that will ever happen. Stern is all about making as much money as possible and the economic hit on the teams from losing ticket sales, concessions, parking...etc wouldn't go over with any owner - especially ours!

But the concern is valid and the owners and league need to get together to solve this. I don't see it happeneing right now and it might take a coouple of injuries to key players in order to wake up the powers that be up to see the light.

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
this denver game reminds me of the game where pop sat gino+duncan against the suns, and it got into their heads lmao.....2005 reagular season game