PDA

View Full Version : I hate Fisher

Pelicans78
02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
This guy is a piece of shit. He fouls every frickin play. He can't stay with Ray Allen so he hand-checked him the entire play. He tries to do the same crap against CP3, but CP3 always sells the foul leaving him with that stupid look on his face. Play real defense Fish, otherwise you won't look stupid out there.

Fabbs
02-06-2009, 11:07 AM
I hate the sell-outs who promote his shit. NBA-Laker marketing lords and the refs who do what they're told to do.

Agree, it's not basketball when he is on the court.

FreeMason
02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I also hate this guy about as much as I can hate an nba player.

He always is in controversial no calls and he is a pest with his clutch shots.

Plus the whole bullshit of using sympathy to go back to L.A.

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Fisher is arguably the dirtiest player in the NBA.

pauls931
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Fisher is arguably the dirtiest player in the NBA.

You know how I can tell it's time for Bowen to retire?

IronMexican
02-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Keep hating him.

mavs>spurs2
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
This thread is probably proof that he's succeeding at what he's trying to do

Fabbs
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Keep hating him.
Keep loving bullshit.

2Cleva
02-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Fisher doesn't care because Fisher loves him some Fisher.

http://www.derekfisher2.com/

scanry
02-06-2009, 11:33 AM
This thread is probably proof that he's succeeding at what he's trying to do
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2634771/2/istockphoto_2634771_hitting_a_nail_on_the_head.jpg

Medvedenko
02-06-2009, 11:36 AM
He's a good defender at his size and works hard out there. Is he cheap...for sure just like every other veteran.

IronMexican
02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Keep loving bullshit.

:lol Right. Every year the NBA was fixed minus 99,03,05, and 07. Or did the Spurs just beat the refs and win the titles those years? I love the conspiracies:toast

IronMexican
02-06-2009, 11:38 AM
And you guys sure complain a lot for having Bruce Bowen on your team. Obviously Fish is dirty, but as Medvedenko said: a lot of them are.

JamStone
02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
For me, it would be better if a thread like this criticizing Fisher was started after the Lakers played a team that wasn't dirty themselves. Boston is one of the dirtiest teams in the league in terms of hand-checking and doing little shit that get overlooked by refs, moving screens by KG, flops for offensive fouls by Leon Powe, Kendrick Perkins and KG swinging elbows on rebounds, Tony Allen grabbing jerseys and shorts when defending. Boston is one of the dirtiest teams in the league when it comes to that shit. So it's hard to show any sympathy as it relates to Fisher doing a little hand checking on Ray Allen on that last play. Fisher can be dirty. But, not any dirtier than a lot of other good perimeter defenders.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2009, 12:05 PM
I hate Fisher, but I have a lot of respect for his game..he's a crafty veteran that gets in the heads of other teams, like Bruce does for us..

he's classless though..using his daughter's illness as an excuse so he can go play for the Lakers..

Medvedenko
02-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I hate Fisher, but I have a lot of respect for his game..he's a crafty veteran that gets in the heads of other teams, like Bruce does for us..

he's classless though..using his daughter's illness as an excuse so he can go play for the Lakers..

Just stop posting.....you're an embarrassment.

IronMexican
02-06-2009, 12:13 PM
And Jam makes another point. Kind of like no one felt too bad for Jared Allen when he got undercut by an opposing offensive lineman. What goes around comes around.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Just stop posting.....you're an embarrassment.

you cheer for a guy that uses his sick daughter to get what he wants..you cheer for a guy that almost killed somebody on the court with a dirty play..you cheer for a rapist that throws his teammats under the bus, and talks to cops about Shaq..but I'M the embarrassment? LOL..

Rapper
02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Who doesn't hate Fisher?

turiaf for president
02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
when people hate you, you are doing your job. some of the best, highly respected guys were called dirty. stockton, payton, bowen, bell, etc.

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
you cheer for a guy that uses his sick daughter to get what he wants..you cheer for a guy that almost killed somebody on the court with a dirty play..you cheer for a rapist that throws his teammats under the bus, and talks to cops about Shaq..but I'M the embarrassment? LOL..

wow..your twisted...

and a bit of a drama queen. :toast

balli
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
I like Fish... and I'm sick of this board wide problem that's developed where people just bitch and moan and cry over any player they perceive as showing a backbone. IDK if people want this league to be even more pussy than it already has become, but fuck, some of you are absolute cowards. Get over it. It's a sport. Some athletes are physical. You don't like it, go watch ballet.

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
I like Fish... and I'm sick of this board wide problem that's developed where people just bitch and moan and cry over any player they perceive as showing a backbone. IDK if people want this league to be even more pussy than it already has become, but fuck, some of you are absolute cowards. Get over it. It's a sport. Some athletes are physical. You don't like it, go watch ballet.

exactly..after watching a replay of the last shot, can you possibly call that a foul after how physical the game was. Brent Barry deserved a call more compared to that play with Allen.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Brent Barry deserved the call more because he was fouled, or at least it was questionable..Ray Allen wasn't fouled in any way, I don't know why some people keep saying he was..

z0sa
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
exactly..after watching a replay of the last shot, can you possibly call that a foul after how physical the game was. Brent Barry deserved a call more compared to that play with Allen.

Brent Barry deserved a call period, no comparison to anything needed other than a quick look at the rule book.

Allen may have been hacked on his offhand when bringing the ball up - which is a foul, as well. I couldn't see from two or three different angles thus far.

Dex
02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Fisher Price?

turiaf for president
02-06-2009, 01:21 PM
for wut its worth, fish and his wife comes to my friends sushi resturant in encino frequently. i met him a few times, very well spoken and smart man. he will take the time to actually talk to you if you dont bug him constantly.

balli
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Allen may have been hacked on his offhand when bringing the ball up - which is a foul, as well. I couldn't see from two or three different angles thus far.
If you've seen the play multiple times from 2 or 3 angles and couldn't see whether there was a foul or not, it's probably best the referee who saw it from a single angle, a single time, in real-time, didn't blow his whistle.

xtremesteven33
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
It just pisses me off how he gets so much respect from the NBA (coaches,players,refs) and it shows when he gets away with so much during a game.

sprrs
02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't have any problem with Fisher. He may be dirty but when you've (happily) got Bruce Bowen on your team there's no room to complain.

Plus he always seemed like a classy guy to me. Most of the haters here hate him because of .04 or because of the foul on Barry last year. Neither of those make him a jerk.

benefactor
02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm not really sure what is to hate about them. They are actually quite small and most are very colorful.

http://www.arkive.org/media/B0457966-2E4F-4C84-A8B5-09DE4A5FD989/Presentation.Large/photo.jpg

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2009, 03:36 PM
It's threads like this that make me smile and know Fisher is doing exactly what he should be doing out there. If he's pissing you all off, that can only be a good thing.

Off the court Fisher is a stand up guy. There is a reason he is head of the Player's Association and universally respected amongst coaches and players.

diego
02-06-2009, 03:58 PM
WTF? other teams fans complain about bowen and manu all the time, and spurs fans cant complain about the flopping klutz derek fisher?

and LOL at calling fisher physical. since when is falling on top or in the path of other players playing physical, to me thats just a sign that fisher is almost done. when fisher was in utah he didnt get any of those calls, thats why he went to LA where he can get those calls and not get abused on defense every trip down.

Sportcamper
02-06-2009, 03:58 PM
I just can’t believe how smart & crafty D-Fish is…He seems to get better every year where as most players lose a step as they get older…And that Phil Jackson! He is smarter than Captain Kirk of the Starship Enterprise…Always finds a way to win! And let’s give some Major Props to David Stern & the NBA for giving NBA fans what they want…Lakers games on Prime time broadcast across the Nation…Even the Celtic fans at the game last night were besides themselves chanting MVP MVP MVP every time Kobe made a tough shot! What a great game…More exciting than the Super bowl & World Series combined!
MVP MVP MVP MVP :lobt2:

ClingingMars
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM

didn't he kinda screw over the Jazz?

tlongII
02-06-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't hate Fisher. He sucks. I like it when the Lakers have starters that suck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Who doesn't hate Fisher?

I don't. Dude's good at what he does. Hard to find a PG that smart and able to run the triangle that well all the while not caring about how many shots he takes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't hate Fisher. He sucks. I like it when the Lakers have starters that suck.

I didn't know someone who won 2 championships as a starter sucks.

balli
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM

The Jazz screwed themselves over.

Dex
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I didn't know someone who won 2 championships as a starter sucks.

It's called Kobe + Shaq.

Fisher is a solid point gaurd, but he is not a star. I doubt he could even last as a third or fourth option. He knows how to put the ball into the offense, he's a decent defender, and he's gotten more lucky breaks than any player that comes to mind save maybe Robert Horry.

But all of his little miracle moments came in losing years for the Lakers, so wgaf.

balli
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
It's called Kobe + Shaq.

Fisher is a solid point gaurd, but he is not a star. I doubt he could even last as a third or fourth option.

Nobody's calling him a star. We're calling him a pro's pro. A consummate winner. And just because he rode Shaq and Kobe to a ring doesn't make him any less of a pro or winner. And he doesn't need to last as a 3rd or 4th option, because that's not Fisher's role. I take it you didn't listen to Karl Malone talking about Fish on TNT last night?

MambaJuice2408
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Veterans know how the game is called. Fish is NO EXCEPTION. He knows that in that situation a ref is not gonna call a foul for handchecking in that situation. The only way he gets called for a foul there is if he hits Ray on the wrist or makes body contact on his J. FISH was just using his brain.

21_Blessings
02-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Brent Barry deserved the call more because he was fouled, or at least it was questionable...

Barry traveled. Shut the fuck up. Thanks.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Sure he flops whenever he gets a chance...I especially liked that picture of the double flop by both Fisher and Tony Parker flopping onto the sidelines with their legs in the air. :lol

But the fact of the matter is he is nowhere close to being as dirty as some players. I don't even call that stuff dirty, it's crafty stuff. Stuff you can get away with when the refs aren't looking.

And sometimes he gets bad calls too. Like in that Boston game, he fouled Rondo with 3 seconds, but he was tripped by a Celtic player. Game would have been over then if the refs had called it.

Or how about that foul on Roger Mason that gave the Spurs a 3 point play to win the first Lakers game. Mason backed into Fisher. That was a no-call in my book.

Fish gets a bunch of stupid calls called on him too and he does get away with some...just like every NBA player.

Chieflion
02-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Fisher is just a system/role player. He plays best in the triangle or coming off the bench with the Jazz.

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 07:46 PM

yah he wished that his daughter had an eye problem so he can screw the jazz.

MANUUU
02-06-2009, 10:13 PM
i hate fisher too. he's a wannabe defender that plays too hard for nothing. lol and fouls on EVERY play, and then when a call is against him, he cries about it.

j-money24
02-06-2009, 10:29 PM
okay i would agree about the foul on barry, but calling him a jerk and hating on him for fouling barry, how is it his fault that the refs didnt call that a foul?
or was fisher suppose to call it himself?

Pelicans78
02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
okay i would agree about the foul on barry, but calling him a jerk and hating on him for fouling barry, how is it his fault that the refs didnt call that a foul?
or was fisher suppose to call it himself?

There was a foul on Barry, but he didn't shoot it right away when he got fouled. Instead he held the ball and didn't sell the contact effectively. Fisher played awful defense as usual and stopped Barry from moving, but if Barry would have thrown up a shot, he would have had 3 FTs.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't hate him for the Barry foul, I only hate him for how he used his daughter's illness..

if it wasn't for that, I'd love to have him on my team..

birdy219
02-07-2009, 06:54 PM
WTF? other teams fans complain about bowen and manu all the time, and spurs fans cant complain about the flopping klutz derek fisher?

and LOL at calling fisher physical. since when is falling on top or in the path of other players playing physical, to me thats just a sign that fisher is almost done. when fisher was in utah he didnt get any of those calls, thats why he went to LA where he can get those calls and not get abused on defense every trip down.

This is best post on this topic. Fisher is a vet who gets away with a lot because he is perceived to be a "good guy." He was NOT getting away with the same crap in Utah and that is a fact.
So, if the league is on the up and up.
Why is it that he can play the same way in LA and not get called for fouls that were called in Utah?
What a difference a team makes?
However, Boston is dirty and they get away with more than LA.
Stern has decided that this year; he wants a LA/Cavs finals. Let's just see what happens. Whoever has to play these two teams in the playoffs better beat them soundly. Because if it is close, the refs will have their say in the outcome.
I just hope LA meets Dallas in the first round with Joey officiating. He won't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt. Maybe he can give Dirk and Kobe 50 free throws each.
Arsenio Hall says: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TheMACHINE
02-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't hate him for the Barry foul, I only hate him for how he used his daughter's illness..

if it wasn't for that, I'd love to have him on my team..

i know, he shoulda stayed at Utah to honor his contract and have unexperienced hospitals try to figure out how to heal his daughter instead of going to a specialty doctor. The nerve of that guy.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2009, 07:21 PM
yes..ignoring the fact that Fisher is a millionaire, and could have received similar treatment in Utah..

j-money24
02-07-2009, 07:25 PM
did you guys know that fisher was making 6mill with the contract he was in utah, he took a paycut and signed a contract for 3mill.. so there was a reason why he left..
he had 2 chioces the lakers or the knicks, he chose the lakers because he played for them for a longtime.

TheMACHINE
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
yes..ignoring the fact that Fisher is a millionaire, and could have received similar treatment in Utah..

your right. Fisher should have built a hospital and paid a bunch of Doctors to live in Utah.

HarlemHeat37
02-07-2009, 07:35 PM
$$$ gets you any treatment in this country, especially when you're on a professional sports team..there's really no reason to believe Fisher and his family couldn't have been treated properly while being in Utah..

TheMACHINE
02-07-2009, 07:37 PM
$$$ gets you any treatment in this country, especially when you're on a professional sports team..there's really no reason to believe Fisher and his family couldn't have been treated properly while being in Utah..

Ever think of the hassle it will be to fly her back and forth? Sometimes, its not about money. Sometimes, its about convience, he took lesser pay to make life more comfortable.

I just find it disgusting how everyone didnt care about this until the Lakers actually started playing well.