PDA

View Full Version : Amare to the Rockets?

Darthkiller
02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Just heard about this rumor.

Luis Scola
Aaron Brooks
Ron Artest

for

Amare.

Dont know if it's reliable or not . what do you guys think of this trade . Does it benefit either teams.

sook
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
won't happen, that isn't good at all actually, the rockets need a PG, and they loose their already best PG in it. Scola has had a better yr than stoudamire so the rockets aren't stupid

Darthkiller
02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr134/kobeowen126/amarerockets.jpg

Thompson
02-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I think that would help the Suns a whole lot more than it would help the Rockets.

It solves their back up point problem and gives them back the good defender they traded away in Bell.

Amare would probably complain that Yao and TMac got all his shots and that he wanted to be the #1 guy.

JMarkJohns
02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
It's not enough for Phoenix. Not even close. Artest can be dead for all that matters to Sarver as he's only an expiring contract, nothing more. That means they traded Amare Stoudemire for Scola and Brooks, two solid, but borderline starters on any team.

An All-NBA PF/C for two rotation players with quality, but limited upside and some CAP space?

At least two first rounders need to be included. If not, then there's no way the Suns should sign off on this.

sook
02-06-2009, 03:37 PM
It's not enough for Phoenix. Not even close. Artest can be dead for all that matters to Sarver as he's only an expiring contract, nothing more. That means they traded Amare Stoudemire for Scola and Brooks, two solid, but borderline starters on any team.

An All-NBA PF/C for two rotation players with quality, but limited upside and some CAP space?

At least two first rounders need to be included. If not, then there's no way the Suns should sign off on this.

Amare is an undeniable talent, but it comes down to helping a team, and we all know how muc hof that he's doing now. The only trade i would do with the suns is for nash.

Scola is our BEST player, without a doubt, or has been this yr.

I would trade Yao Ming for Amare but nothing else

Darthkiller
02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Amare is an undeniable talent, but it comes down to helping a team, and we all know how muc hof that he's doing now. The only trade i would do with the suns is for nash.

are you high. do you know how much money rocket make just by having yao?

sook
02-06-2009, 03:47 PM
are you high. do you know how much money rocket make just by having yao?

and how much of that money do i get? Like i fucking care, i want a championship why the fuck would i as a fan care about how much Money Yao makes Les?

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
won't happen, that isn't good at all actually, the rockets need a PG, and they loose their already best PG in it. Scola has had a better yr than stoudamire so the rockets aren't stupid

I like Brooks very much as a player but he is not real point guard. He do not have the basketball IQ to man point guard position.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-06-2009, 03:54 PM
An All-NBA PF/C

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

hahahahaha....did you seriously...(laughs some more)....just call.....fuck it hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Amare would probably complain that Yao and TMac got all his shots and that he wanted to be the #1 guy.

His new thing is talking about his gorilla game. A'm'a'r'e would have at least one hilarious quote about Yao getting in the way of his gorilla game.

scanry
02-06-2009, 04:06 PM
His new thing is talking about his gorilla game. A'm'a'r'e would have at least one hilarious quote about Yao getting in the way of his gorilla game.

Man you crack me up every single time. :lol

BTW that gorilla game thing is going to haunt Amare and his sad little career.

I actually like Amare, but he has no heart and the accolades he got so early in his career may have destroyed his work ethic.

Findog
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I

Amare is not an All-NBA PF/C

Xylus
02-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Amare is not an All-NBA PF/C

Amare Stoudemire:

All-NBA First Team: 2007
All-NBA Second Team: 2005, 2008

lefty
02-06-2009, 04:21 PM
What do they need Amare for?

I thought Scola was the best PF in the world........

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Amare Stoudemire:

All w/ D'antoni as coach, the one guy who knew the best possible ways to get as much production as possible out of Amare.

This year, with a mediocre coach who expects Amare to create offense for himself like every other All-NBA big man, we've seen how he's done. It's turned him into a small forward in a power forward's body who is relying too much on his mid range jumper.

I'm not a big fan of this trade at all Btw, it doesn't accomplish anything.

JMarkJohns
02-06-2009, 04:52 PM
This year, with a mediocre coach who expects Amare to create offense for himself like every other All-NBA big man, we've seen how he's done. It's turned him into a small forward in a power forward's body who is relying too much on his mid range jumper.

You discredit Amare a bit too much. It's true he's relying to heavily on his jumper, but most of his touches have come in a spot-up fashion. When he plays alongside Shaq, there's very little he can do downlow. Not too many low-post players can succeed in a double-post fashion. In the halfcourt set, Amare is almost a decoy to Shaq's low-post game. He's the floating PF that can pull the defending PF away from the basket.

In the games Shaq hasn't played Amare has had some pretty good games, offensively. He's never going to be much more than a 9 rebound per game PF, but he most certainly can succeed offensively when given the touches and the spots on the floor.

Amare is still very much the All-NBA talent and needs to bring in much more than anything mentioned outside of a Gay/Conley/Arthur/Darko package or Aldridge/Rodriguez package. Nothing else has even come close.

The Suns right now are opporating under the delusion that they are good. They aren't. They are talented. But they are not good. They need to blow this whole team up NOW while Nash can bring in a quality package from the Knicks, while Hill and Barnes can fetch a few 2nd-rounders or young rotation-prospects and while Shaq is playing at an All-Star level.

They need to get as many talented players with quality to high ceilings as they can, give them two years of unquestioned PT so they can see what they have, then move forward with a select core of young players and double-figure CAP space in 2011.

A package of Scola and Brooks only incrementally helps this, but neither player has a high-enough ceiling to justify this trade.

koriwhat
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
amare is already on the rockets.... on my nba2k9 league team. i see him in that damn red & white all the time. haha

Kai
02-06-2009, 05:24 PM

God, you're an idiot.

Kai
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Blog entry:

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2009/02/amare_stoudemire_a_rocket_the_1.html

February 05, 2009
Amare Stoudemire a Rocket?
The Rockets will try but come up short

Yahoo basketball columnist Adrian Wojnarowski had a very interesting piece come out on Thursday where he talked about the Suns willingness to listen to offers for Amare Stoudemire.

A source close to the Rockets front office told me that the Rockets have explored trading for Stoudemire but that nothing is imminent. It is believed that the Rockets are going to gussy up their trade offer and see if they can get something done. I spoke with one NBA insider who told me not to get my hopes up.

Before we get to why the Rockets probably can't land Stoudemire, let's look at why the Suns are considering dealing him.

According to my insider, the Suns aren't exactly thrilled with the fact that Stoudemire wanted Mike D'Antoni fired last year, but pines for him now that he realizes D'Antoni was a perfect fit for his game.

The Suns are also said to be concerned with how Stoudemire's knee is going to hold up over the long term thanks to his micro-fracture surgery. Do you think they are really all that crazy about giving an extension to a player who is always unhappy with his head coach and who has had microfracture surgery in the recent past?

The final, but very important, reason that Phoenix will look to move Stoudemire is the fact that they are having serious financial issues. The rough economy has hit many professional sports owners, but Suns owner Robert Sarver has been hit particularly hard. The Suns will be looking for an expiring contract or two with any deal they consider.

My insider simply doesn't believe that the Rockets will be able to offer enough to keep pace with what other NBA teams will offer for Stoudemire. While the Rockets could look to move Ron Artest and potentially Luis Scola or Carl Landry as part of the trade, there will be other teams in the league who will be able to offer a first round pick (which the Rockets can't do if they make the playoffs) and a better young player to build around than Scola or Landry. While Artest could help the Suns this year, it is unlikely that they would consider extending him after this year.

The Rockets may very well take their best shot in the Amare Stoudemire trade talks - after all, Daryl Morey and Les Alexander aren't afraid to take chance. However, when it is all said and done, they probably won't be able to match what a team with better young talent could offer.

djohn2oo8
02-06-2009, 05:30 PM
You have to admit that an Amare Yao combination would be lethal. At least then, you won't have Yao taking charges. Like Mutumbo said, Man up Yao. A trade is on the horizon, but I'm not so sure that it will be this one. Rox need a point guard b/c Rafer Airbalston has had way more bad games than good. We would probably do better with Muggsy Bogues at point guard. However, I hope this deal gets done.

Findog
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Amare Stoudemire:

Amare is not an All-NBA PF/C, anymore than Jamal Magloire was an All Star.

JMarkJohns
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Amare is not an All-NBA PF/C, anymore than Jamal Magloire was an All Star.

Except Magloire wasn't an All-Star just once in his eight seasons, while Amare wasn't an All-NBA PF/C three times in his first five years in the League.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Rockets wouldn't be this crazy.

Luis Scola
Aaron Brooks
Ron Artest

for

Amare.

sook
02-06-2009, 07:27 PM
that trade would make our team shitty beyond belief. We need sessions from milwaukee or hinrich from chicago

djohn2oo8
02-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I say deal Artest, Landry, 2nd round pick, Alston for Amare, Barbosa

mystargtr34
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I think Houston wins this deal. Suns are getting Artest pretty much on loan for a quarter of the season, a young inconsistent undersized PG, and a role player.

Amare is an All Star talent. Plus Houston already has a pretty good SF.

mystargtr34
02-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I say deal Artest, Landry, 2nd round pick, Alston for Amare, Barbosa

Why not throw in Nash aswell.

Lars
02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I dont think we would let Brooks go, then we would have Rafer and nothing at point.

djohn2oo8
02-06-2009, 10:30 PM
We already have nothing at point ...cough (rafer)

dallaskd
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Suns win that.

ducks
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM

they have t-mac still do they not
they are stupid

djohn2oo8
02-06-2009, 10:33 PM
We should just go ahead and include Stacy Mcgrady in the deal, maybe it will actually go through.

sook
02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
they have t-mac still do they not
they are stupid

tmac can win games by himself, a good leader when he is in the reins so he is the last perosn i want to see be traded.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Rockets should blow it up.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2009, 12:38 AM
and how much of that money do i get? Like i fucking care, i want a championship why the fuck would i as a fan care about how much Money Yao makes Les?

do you really think the rockets owners give a shit about ur opinion whether your getting ur championship? you go into business the bottom dollar is to make a profit....winning a championship is just a bonus. Rockets still make a profit even if they dont make the playoffs, as long they sell out there home games...and other shit on the side like endorsements....just look at all the shit players who play alongside YAO who have endorsements from china...

dougp
02-07-2009, 01:10 AM
TMac for Barbosa and Stoudamire ... throw in some rookies or whatever from the Rockets. Start Barbosa as PG with Brooks backing him up.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 01:50 AM
You discredit Amare a bit too much. It's true he's relying to heavily on his jumper, but most of his touches have come in a spot-up fashion. When he plays alongside Shaq, there's very little he can do downlow. Not too many low-post players can succeed in a double-post fashion.

Funny, the co-existing wasn't an issue last year when he had a coach who was a genius at getting him the ball in the right situations. it's amazing that when the Shaq trade happened Amare lovers such as yourself claimed how much Shaq would help his game. I guess when Amare needs a new excuse as to why he's not trying reasoning and logic don't play a role.

In the games Shaq hasn't played Amare has had some pretty good games, offensively.

Amare is averaging 21.0 points per game this year. In the 7 games Shaq has been out, he has averaged 22.857. That's a HUGE difference......

They are also 2-5 in those games. Do you care more about the Suns winning, or more about Amare throwing down a garbage time dunk?

He's never going to be much more than a 9 rebound per game PF, but he most certainly can succeed offensively when given the touches and the spots on the floor.

Lmfao, my favorite Amare excuse. He needs touches at certain spots on the floor. Franchise players don't need the coach to tell the team to get that player the ball. The player commands a presence and shows his teammates why they should get him the ball. The last thing that player does is whine to the media and blame his teammates whenever they lose.

Amare is still very much the All-NBA talent

An all NBA talent that can't create his own shot, box out, play defense, or create for his teammates.

Why is it Amare gets a new excuse every year?

Findog
02-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Except Magloire wasn't an All-Star just once in his eight seasons, while Amare wasn't an All-NBA PF/C three times in his first five years in the League.

Do I have to be this pedantic? Neither one of those guys is worthy of the honors that were bestowed upon them.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Do I have to be this pedantic? Neither one of those guys is worthy of the honors that were bestowed upon them.

There's no point in arguing. When the Amare lovers are defending Amare, they intentionally act like they have a cognitive thinking disorder of some sort and respond to stuff such as the Magloire comparison as if they were rainman.

Rogue
02-07-2009, 03:47 AM

exactly, scola is our BEST player, at least he is the best in the paint. Yao's negative effects are so huge that can easily beat the money and benefits he brings to our rockets team, and tmac for the same matter.

It's actually a bad proposal to trade scola, our backup PG, and our team-leader for a cancer. trading Yao for amare is definitely a good trade for us, but you haven't estimated the feasibility of this trade. Why the F should the suns trade an athletic player for a big crap? even though amare is a team cancer.