PDA

View Full Version : No triple-double for LeBron against NY

2Cleva
02-06-2009, 04:20 PM
NBA subtracts rebound from LeBron's triple-double
By Official Release
Posted Feb 6 2009 4:02PM

NEW YORK -- The NBA announced today that a statistical error was made during the Cleveland Cavaliers-New York Knicks game on Feb. 4 at Madison Square Garden.

Cavaliers forward LeBron James was incorrectly credited with a rebound with 39.3 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter that should have been awarded to Cleveland forward Ben Wallace. Due to the correction, James finished Wednesday's game with nine rebounds -- one rebound short of a triple-double -- while Wallace ended with two rebounds.

:rollin

lefty
02-06-2009, 04:21 PM
The league is getting more and more retarded

Still a better performance than Kobe's, though

BlackSwordsMan
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
owned

Stump
02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Cavs still won, right? Who cares?

Xylus
02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm sure Lebron is slitting his wrists to Linkin Park right now.

2Cleva
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM

If you saw how LeBron dove after the last rebound like a 35 year old single woman after a wedding bouquet you'd know LeBron cared.

IronMexican
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Still, a great performance. The Cavs won, and that's the important thing.

JamStone
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Was there also a stat error where Kobe actually got at least 1 rebound in his 61 point performance?

Galileo
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Reminds me of when they took a quadruple double away from Hakeem. He almost had two in one month back in 1990.

With Hakeem, I think they docked him one assist that cost him.

DAF86
02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
So why don't they check Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point record also? on every single game there're a couple of plays where the stat guy fucks up and they never correct it. The NBA is a joke.

DisAsTerBot
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Was there also a stat error where Kobe actually got at least 1 rebound in his 61 point performance?

hey oh!! :lol

2Cleva
02-06-2009, 06:55 PM
So why don't they check Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point record also? on every single game there're a couple of plays where the stat guy fucks up and they never correct it. The NBA is a joke.

A release from the league said: "All NBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics."

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 07:36 PM

its obvious by the game that Lebron cared alot. He cared so much he bragged about his triple double after the game in his interview.

JoeTait75
02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Arby's runs a special here in NE Ohio. You get a free roast beef sammich if LeBron gets a triple-double and you bring in the box score. Which is exactly what my cheap ass did. I got my free roast beef sammich, then another one (paid for) then an order of moozerella sticks, and I hammered that shits.

So the NBA can take away LeBron's triple-double. But unless they're down with picking through my shit, they're not taking back that free roast beef sammich. So fuck it.

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Arby's runs a special here in NE Ohio. You get a free roast beef sammich if LeBron gets a triple-double and you bring in the box score. Which is exactly what my cheap ass did. I got my free roast beef sammich, then another one (paid for) then an order of moozerella sticks, and I hammered that shits.

So the NBA can take away LeBron's triple-double. But unless they're down with picking through my shit, they're not taking back that free roast beef sammich. So fuck it.

haha arbys got owned

KidCongo
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
It's disappointing that Stern wants to dictate history. I call a review on every triple-double in history.

JoeTait75
02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Let this be a lesson to LeBron about the value of putting team over the pursuit of individual goals. LeBron doesn't need to compete with Kobe. Let Kobe be Kobe. Being LeBron is plenty good enough.

IronMexican
02-06-2009, 08:17 PM

:lol

JamStone
02-06-2009, 08:45 PM
It's disappointing that Stern wants to dictate history. I call a review on every triple-double in history.

So you rather the history be wrong or false?

I don't care either way. Probably a bit anal for the NBA to do it and then publicly announce it. But, if it's the right call, then there is no need to complain about it.

Rogue
02-06-2009, 08:53 PM
condolences to the abortion of Lebron's tripple double.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Rogue, come back to the mavs :(

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Are you gonna change your team name to Cavs? :p:

ducks
02-06-2009, 09:31 PM
The league is getting more and more retarded

Still a better performance than Kobe's, though

so it is retarded to take something away that never should have happened
I know it was james and all but rules are rules

james is finding out the league likes him but
will call traverling on him
will take a rebound away that would give him a rebound
and not pick mo williams over a player more deserving even if james iq does not think so

ducks
02-06-2009, 09:33 PM
its obvious by the game that Lebron cared alot. He cared so much he bragged about his triple double after the game in his interview.

yep me me me me
look at me me me me
spur players would have said they could care less about their own records but the teams success

exstatic
02-06-2009, 09:36 PM
So you rather the history be wrong or false?

I don't care either way. Probably a bit anal for the NBA to do it and then publicly announce it. But, if it's the right call, then there is no need to complain about it.

If you went through every box score of Utah in Utah or NO in NO and compared them to the video, I think you'd find that Deron Williams and Chris Paul probably average 7-8 real assists per game. Stat cheating is an art in the NBA.

ducks
02-06-2009, 09:37 PM
they should review paul stats every game

Rogue
02-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Mavs fans are too gentle to show what I am showing the Jazz team in my signature.

Only as a rockets fan can I show the Jazz what it deserves.

Thank Spork KIller (princesspimp or louis) for the gesture. :lol

m33p0
02-07-2009, 06:27 AM

Red Hawk #21
02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
First "The Crab Dribble" happens and now this lol

Flo-Rida
02-07-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm sure Lebron is slitting his wrists to Linkin Park right now.