PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland is winning it all this year

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 04:37 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that barring fluky bullshit the Cavs are winning the championship this year. Of course, it's not an outlandish prediction, but I'm just telling it like it is.

Here's why: Lebron is the best basketball player on the planet and who the hell is gonna take it from them?

Boston? Fluke champions, the fake 3 had a nice little run last year but needed fluke bullshit PJ Brown and Pierce shots just to advance past Cleveland last year, this year Lebron is better, he has a sidekick, the Cavs as a team are much better offensively and defensively, and the Cavs are expected to have Home court advantage and they're 23-0 at the Q

Los Angeles? I dare Kobe to shoot 41% in the Finals again, I double fucking dare him. Gasol/Bynum frontline? Wallace/Z too physical for them son. The rest of the players are soft finesse Eurotrash jump shooters.

The Kobe v Lebron James debate is absolutely absurd. It's more legitimate to compare Kobe to D-Whistle the wheelchair primadonna bitch, Lebron however is on another planet.

Spurs? I have respect for the Spurs organization but their titles are flukes. This time around the best player on the Finals opponent won't be Jason Kidd or Chauncy Billups, it'll be the King. This is the worst edition of the Spurs in the Tim Duncan era

Anyone else? WEll the Hornets are too soft, the Nuggets best player is a backward fighting pussy, the Rockets have T-Quitter and Artest on their team, Portland's too young, Dallas simply isn't good enough, Phoenix sucks. No darkhorse team can scare the Cavs.

The media has tricked people into thinking the Lakers are actually a scary team, they're still the same finesse soft bullshit team they were a year ago, it's the reason they lost in the Finals, its the reason they'll lose again in the Finals.

What makes the Cavs even scarier is they still have Wally's contract to turn into a useful player, just hand the title over to Cleveland. the NBA is a league of dynasties and Lebron is winning the next 3 championships.

It pains me to admit all of this as a fan of our beloved Mavs, but the NBA is cyclical. Our Mavs were '06 and '07 champions if not for fluke bullshit halfcourt shots and fluke whistles, that was our time. We came away shafted, and the cycle transforms us into a mediocre team. But alas, Cleveland is winning it all this year.

JamStone
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
lol

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
I should also point out a stat Hollinger mentioned a month ago or so: The Cavs are 17.2 points better per 100 possessions when Lebron is on the court.

Well in the playoffs there won't be the 36-37 minutes of Lebron he's accustomed to in the regular season, there will be 42-44 minutes of Lebron.

More reason for the NBA to pack it up and ship that title to Cleveland.

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Ok I will give you the fact that LeBron is a fantastic player but we went against "the king" and swept him. Did you forget that? If anything talk about his new help but just saying him doesn't make sense. We went up against him already and put his ass in check.

Plus it's bullshit to call a player "the king" when he hasn't won the crown.

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I should also point out a stat Hollinger mentioned a month ago or so: The Cavs are 17.2 points better per 100 possessions when Lebron is on the court.

Well in the playoffs there won't be the 36-37 minutes of Lebron he's accustomed to in the regular season, there will be 42-44 minutes of Lebron.

I responded before I read the Hollinger quote. I retract my previous statement since you brought up a Hollinger quote that is totally irrelevant.

dirk4mvp
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Ok I will give you the fact that LeBron is a fantastic player but we went against "the king" and swept him. Did you forget that? If anything talk about his new help but just saying him doesn't make sense. We went up against him already and put his ass in check.

How many points did you avg that series?

Is this the same Cavs team that he Spurs played in 07?

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM

This year the Cavs are elite like the 2007 Spurs were and the Spurs were good but unspectacular like the 2007 Cavs were.

bostonguy
02-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Cavs arent going anywhere if Brons supporting cast isnt playing at a high level in the playoffs. If Mo Williams/Z are hurt or going MIA, the Cavs have no chance in hell of winning it all. I dont care how great Lebron is. Superstars make you title contenders but the other players are what win you the championship. :nope

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
The other players have helped in achieving a 39-9 record.

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Is this the same Cavs team that he Spurs played in 07?

Which is why I said "if anything talk about his new help". Just mentioning LeBron doesn't mean shit because just LeBron got dealt with.

bostonguy
02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
The other players have helped in achieving a 39-9 record.

They sure as hell have. In fact its a HUGE reason for it. They will have to play that well in the playoffs to take that next step. Lebron is great but he will only do so much if he isnt getting help in the playoffs. Big Z has to be healthy and effective considering their bigs outside of him are not scoring threats. It's going to be that supporting cast performance that makes or breaks the Cavs season.

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Cavs arent going anywhere if Brons supporting cast isnt playing at a high level in the playoffs. If Mo Williams/Z are hurt or going MIA, the Cavs have no chance in hell of winning it all. I dont care how great Lebron is. Superstars make you title contenders but the other players are what win you the championship. :nope

werd

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Again I repeat: how are the Fake 3 gonna beat Lebron if they barely could last year, relying on HCA, fluke bullshit PJ Brown/Pierce shots, and no Mo? Cavs are much better this year.

How are the Fakers gonna beat Lebron and the Cavs when KoME shoots 41% in the Finals and his supporting cast is soft European finesse jump shooters?

Magic? Please, soft jump shooters and Dwight Howard's game is too raw

Spurs/Nuggets/Hornets/Rockets? A class below the 3 teams above, and thus not on Lebron's level.

It really is a process if elimination.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I personally don't think the Cavs are that good.

The Lakers already beat them by 17 in a game that wasn't even as close as the score. You might say no Big Z.

Well, the Bynum-less Lakers will beat the Cavs on Sunday too.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Cavs aren't that good? The records say they're just as good as the Lakers. the margin of victory says they're even better than the Lakers.

No Big Z AND no delonte West... on the road... yeah pretty significant.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Cavs aren't that good? The records say they're just as good as the Lakers. the margin of victory says they're even better than the Lakers.

Lakers will be on the road at the undefeated (at home) Cavs. And they'll pull out the win. No Bynum and Cavs have Big Z back this time.

The Cavs are a prime example of a team that is not as good as their record.

I just hope the Cavs don't lose this time "because no Delonte West".

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Teams that are not as good as their record are teams that win flukish games they're not supposed to, like the Spurs this year with all their bullshit game winning shots. They're more like a 31-17 team than a 33-15 team.

The Cavs are 39-9, their margin of victory is 10.3, no flukes there.

They're going out there and blowing teams out, winning games convincingly, AND their losses for the most part have been by close margins (except for the Fakeshow)

Anywho you're lucky Bynum is injured so you'll pull that excuse outta your hat come Sunday. :)

Allanon
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Teams that are not as good as their record are teams that win flukish games they're not supposed to, like the Spurs this year with all their bullshit game winning shots. They're more like a 31-17 team than a 33-15 team.

The Cavs are 39-9, their margin of victory is 10.3, no flukes there.

They're going out there and blowing teams out, winning games convincingly, AND their losses for the most part have been by close margins (except for the Fakeshow)

The Cavs are good, but they're not 39-9 good. Margin of victory is a great measuring stick. But the Cavs are whupping the weak teams and losing to good teams. Whereas the Lakers are losing to bad teams and beating the good ones.

Anywho you're lucky Bynum is injured so you'll pull that excuse outta your hat come Sunday. :)

Not at all, I don't make excuses for losses. You win or you lose, it's as simple as that. If the Cavs win on Sunday, they won fair and square.

I'd make an excuse if Kobe or LeBron were out (main player guy, not 2nd/3rd options), but that's it.

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
The Cavs are too Bron-centric IMHO. Their bench is also pretty poor in the games I've seen, especially on the road.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Nothing wrong with being Bron-Centric.

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 05:18 PM

It is very significant. What happens if they get hurt around playoff time? So far your whole "Cavs will win it all" smack is about Lebron being the supreme talent that can win it all by himself. You are just contradicting yourself by blaming the loss on not having all of the TEAM.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
What happens if anyone gets hurt playoff time for any team?

Even the King needs some help, I did clarify that the Cavs would win a championship barring fluky bullshit. Injuries, fluke shots, fluke whistles, and scrubs playing like good players, these are the fluky bullshit circumstances that would prevent the Cavs from a title.

21_Blessings
02-06-2009, 05:26 PM
How is Bron going to beat the Celtics when he could barely shoot 40% against them in the playoffs? Your logic is retarded Ghazi.

Anyways, Kobe already out played Bron in their last meeting with only 3 working fingers.

The Lakers shat all over the same Spurs team that destroyed Lebron 4-0 in the finals.

21_Blessings
02-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Los Angeles? I dare Kobe to shoot 41% in the Finals again, I double fucking dare him.

Cleveland? I dare Lebron to shoot 35% in the finals again, I double fucking dare him. :lol

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
He Got That Jumpa!

Allanon
02-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Sunday should put the Lakers or Cavs debate to rest. I don't think the Cavs can even come close to beating the Lakers..they just don't match up well.

And who knows, it may even end the Kobe vs LeBron debate for the rest of the season.

Personally, I think there are only 5 teams capable of taking out the Lakers in the Playoffs:

1) The Magic (before Jameer got injured)
2) The Spurs (if they trade or get another big man)
3) The Rockets (if they're healthy)
4) The Bobcats (if they get out of the East)
5) The Kings (if they make the Playoffs)

I would have added the Pistons but they look like they're going nowhere fast.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 05:43 PM
The Sunday game won't put anything to rest.

If the Lakers win a close game inside the final minute, it doesn't tell us muhc.

If the Lakers convincingly beat the Cavs or blow them out, that'll hint that the Cavs need to make a move.

If the Cavs win, the Lakers don't have bynum, so we cant tell much.

The Staples Center game didn't tell me much, Bynum/Gasol was devastating but Big Z was out.

I. Hustle
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that barring fluky bullshit the Cavs are winning the championship this year. Of course, it's not an outlandish prediction, but I'm just telling it like it is.

Here's why: Lebron is the best basketball player on the planet and who the hell is gonna take it from them?

Again I repeat: how are the Fake 3 gonna beat Lebron if they barely could last year, relying on HCA, fluke bullshit PJ Brown/Pierce shots, and no Mo? Cavs are much better this year.

How are the Fakers gonna beat Lebron and the Cavs when KoME shoots 41% in the Finals and his supporting cast is soft European finesse jump shooters?

Magic? Please, soft jump shooters and Dwight Howard's game is too raw

Spurs/Nuggets/Hornets/Rockets? A class below the 3 teams above, and thus not on Lebron's level.

It really is a process if elimination.

And then all of a sudden "the king" couldn't do it alone?

Lakers will be on the road at the undefeated (at home) Cavs. And they'll pull out the win. No Bynum and Cavs have Big Z back this time.

The Cavs are a prime example of a team that is not as good as their record.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 05:46 PM
The Rockets when healthy?

You might as well throw in the Bulls when MJ and Pippen were in their primes.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 05:48 PM
The Sunday game won't put anything to rest.

If the Lakers win a close game inside the final minute, it doesn't tell us muhc.

If the Lakers convincingly beat the Cavs or blow them out, that'll hint that the Cavs need to make a move.

If the Cavs win, the Lakers don't have bynum, so we cant tell much.

The Staples Center game didn't tell me much, Bynum/Gasol was devastating but Big Z was out.

Even without Bynum, it's a bad matchup for the Cavs:

Pau > Big Z
Odom > Verajao/Wallace
Luke <<<<< LeBron
Kobe >>>> Mo
Fisher > Boobie

4 out of 5 matchups favor the Lakers.

Then when you go to the bench, it still advantage Lakers.

Cavs might be good against other teams but just not the Lakers. If the Cavs met the Lakers in the Finals as constructed, I would expect the Lakers to sweep them. Especially if Bynum's back.

DPG21920
02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Excuse me Allanon, there is not enough > between Lebron and Luke. I do not how to make an infinite sign, but that is what you would need.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Excuse me Allanon, there is not enough > between Lebron and Luke. I do not how to make an infinite sign, but that is what you would need.

Fuckin' nit-pickers.

Luke <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< LeBron

Better? :lol

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 06:00 PM
It doens't matter if 4 of the 5 matchups favor the Lakers, Lebron is so good that it offsets all of that.

the reason KoME has no reason to be compared to Lebron is simple. The Cavs are the better team even though Lebron's supporting cast is not as good as Kobe's. If you put Kobe on the Cavs, they have 10-12 losses right now. If you put Lebron on the Lakers, they have 6-8 losses right now.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 06:03 PM
It doens't matter if 4 of the 5 matchups favor the Lakers, Lebron is so good that it offsets all of that.

the reason KoME has no reason to be compared to Lebron is simple. The Cavs are the better team even though Lebron's supporting cast is not as good as Kobe's. If you put Kobe on the Cavs, they have 10-12 losses right now. If you put Lebron on the Lakers, they have 6-8 losses right now.

Kobe does have a ridiculously good team right now. That is why I don't wonder if the Lakers are better than the Cavs.

Who's better Kobe or LeBron is debateable, in alot of ways LeBron is better than Kobe. I can even live with LeBron being better than Kobe for 40 minutes.

But as always, for me it comes down to who will get the win and I think it's Kobe every time. When it comes down to closing out a game, Kobe IS the King.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Lebron 6 Kobe 4

pad300
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Pau > Big Z
Odom > Verajao/Wallace
Luke <<<<< LeBron
Kobe >>>> Mo
Fisher > Boobie

Cavs might be good against other teams but just not the Lakers. If the Cavs met the Lakers in the Finals as constructed, I would expect the Lakers to sweep them. Especially if Bynum's back.

I think your roster Matchup is off...
Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>> Boobie
Fisher < Mo

Mo is the cavs PG... Boobie is their backup PG, and is forced to play SG, while west is out. West should be back for the playoffs:

Kobe >>>> West

That makes it a lot tighter than you think.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Lebron 6 Kobe 4

Most of those wins came against Kwame, Luke, Smush. The Lakers used to suck pretty bad.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I think your roster Matchup is off...
Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>> Boobie
Fisher < Mo

Mo is the cavs PG... Boobie is their backup PG, and is forced to play SG, while west is out. West should be back for the playoffs:

Kobe >>>> West

That makes it a lot tighter than you think.

Ah you're right. i'm not sure about the lineups with West out.

But when West comes back, so will Bynum so it changes things again in the Lakers favor.

I personally like Fisher in the Playoffs better than Mo, he's like a mini-Horry and a viable game-winning-shot maker.

Medvedenko
02-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Is GHAZI Spursdynasty....because he's about succint and retarded like him. Good takes and hopefully this is all an act. I truly believe your the same dude.

MarHill
02-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Spurs? I have respect for the Spurs organization but their titles are flukes. This time around the best player on the Finals opponent won't be Jason Kidd or Chauncy Billups, it'll be the King. This is the worst edition of the Spurs in the Tim Duncan era

Again, this is crazy fan talking out of their backside.

To post that the Spurs' titles were flukes is just flat-out wrong. When you have won multiple championships...there is nothing fluky about that.

The Spurs didn't decide on who they were playing in the finals. You play who comes out of the east. Blame the teams...who the media thought were going to make it and didn't. Also, those Detroit teams were very good by the way.

And to say this edition of the Spurs is the worst....you're not watching the Spurs closely. They are same position as they've always been. Now they may or may not win the championship...that's a legitimate debate.

But, please be objective about them and what they've accomplished. I don't like the Lakers but I have to be honest and respectful for their accomplishments.

"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it, and speculation is still speculation even if everyone thinks it's a fact."

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Fine, but I still think this team is the worst in the Tim Duncan era. At least statistically and via the eyeball test.

JoeTait75
02-06-2009, 06:40 PM

Pau > Big Z
Odom > Verajao/Wallace
Luke <<<<< LeBron
Kobe >>>> Mo
Fisher > Boobie

Boobie doesn't start. Backcourt will be Mo-Sasha. And Mo > Fisher.

Andy-Ben > Odom while we're at it.

The part about the LakeShow sweeping the Cavaliers I'll just chalk up to Allanon being Allanon.

hhml
02-06-2009, 06:42 PM
DbLs_Cw5sqc&feature=related

MarHill
02-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Fine, but I still think this team is the worst in the Tim Duncan era. At least statistically and via the eyeball test.

They've drafted a back-up PG and signed a knock down shooter and are on tap to win 56-58 games...like they've always been.

Yes they are a little thin on the frontline....I will give you that.

But they will right there at the end like they've always been.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Boobie doesn't start. Backcourt will be Mo-Sasha. And Mo > Fisher.

I disagree on Fish and Odom. Points wise, Mo is better but for overall game in a Playoff series, I take Fisher. He's saved the Laker's ass numerous times.

Odom I also think is better than Andy/Ben. The old superior Defense Big Ben was better than Odom but not this current one.

Andy is Odom's equal in defense and rebounds. He's a high energy guy while Odom is a great man to man and help defender.

But Odom brings an all around skill game playing all 5 positions. Aside from LeBron, Odom is probably the most versatile player in the NBA.

The part about the LakeShow sweeping the Cavaliers I'll just chalk up to Allanon being Allanon.

This part is true. Touche :lol

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Odom's versatility can suck it. The guy is inconsistent and mediocre.

Mo < Fisher? that's just crazy talk.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Odom's versatility can suck it. The guy is inconsistent and mediocre.

Mo < Fisher? that's just crazy talk.

In tense situations, Fish delivers, time and time again.

Regular season, Mo is better. But in the Playoffs, I believe Fish is better. Fish has a history of making big shots, his composure under pressure is what makes him so good.

Fish might miss 10 shots in a row, but if it's anywhere near a pressure situation, he'll make it.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Has Mo even been in the playoffs? How do we know whether or not he's a good playoff player.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Has Mo even been in the playoffs? How do we know whether or not he's a good playoff player.

That's exactly why I take Fish, I know he produces in the Playoffs.

JoeTait75
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I disagree on Fish and Odom. Points wise, Mo is better but for overall game in a Playoff series, I take Fisher. He's saved the Laker's ass numerous times.

Fisher can't guard Mo Williams, Allanon. Savvy player? Worlds of experience? Money shooter? Yes times three. But he can't guard Mo Williams.

Odom I also think is better than Andy/Ben. The old superior Defense Big Ben was better than Odom but not this current one.

Andy is Odom's equal in defense and rebounds. He's a high energy guy while Odom is a great man to man and help defender.

But Odom brings an all around skill game playing all 5 positions. Aside from LeBron, Odom is probably the most versatile player in the NBA.

Odom's heart and durability have never equalled his skills. You depend on him at your peril. Ben and Andy are limited offensively but they know their roles and can be counted on to fill them. Lamar is a wild card, and that's putting it nicely.

Hopefully we'll find out. The Cavaliers and Lakers have never played a meaningful game. It'd be nice to see that change soon.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Hopefully we'll find out. The Cavaliers and Lakers have never played a meaningful game. It'd be nice to see that change soon.

I agree completely.

sook
02-06-2009, 07:26 PM
the cavs are amzing, but i still can't pick them to beat a team like SA or LA

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 07:29 PM
the cavs are amzing, but i still can't pick them to beat a team like SA or LA

word

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 07:33 PM
San An frickin tonio?

The Spurs are not better than the Cavs this year.

The Spurs are a 30-18 team if not for fluke wins. The Spurs win their games by 3.3 points or so, the Cavs win their games by 10.3 points. Cavs > Spurs

KidCongo
02-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Kobe does have a ridiculously good team right now. That is why I don't wonder if the Lakers are better than the Cavs.

Who's better Kobe or LeBron is debateable, in alot of ways LeBron is better than Kobe. I can even live with LeBron being better than Kobe for 40 minutes.

But as always, for me it comes down to who will get the win and I think it's Kobe every time. When it comes down to closing out a game, Kobe IS the King.

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Allanon
02-06-2009, 07:43 PM
http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Obviously though this definition means a shot may not actually be a game winner -- it may only tie a game (if down two points) or it may allow enough time for the opponents to get a game winning shot of their own.

NBA GM Survey
http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsurvey.misc/index.html

Which player in the NBA would you want taking a shot with the game on the line?
1. Kobe Bryant -- 88.9%
Others receiving votes: Gilbert Arenas, LeBron James, Paul Pierce

KidCongo
02-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Obviously though this definition means a shot may not actually be a game winner -- it may only tie a game (if down two points) or it may allow enough time for the opponents to get a game winning shot of their own.

So Kobe has made even less?:lol

Allanon
02-06-2009, 07:47 PM
So Kobe has made even less?:lol

We don't know the outcome of the game.

But I also added this:

NBA GM Survey

1. Kobe Bryant -- 88.9%

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 07:48 PM

NBA GM Survey

1. Kobe Bryant -- 88.9%

That's because Kobe Bryant is more hype than substance, and apparently the GM's have bought into the hype as well :)

The stats dont lie, 14/56

Now now, Kobe is a great player and the 2nd best shooting guard of all time, but he is over hyped at the same time. He has no business being in the same breath as Jordan, or Lebron.

TheNextGen
02-06-2009, 07:50 PM
That's because Kobe Bryant is more hype than substance, and apparently the GM's have bought into the hype as well :)

Now now, Kobe is a great player and the 2nd best shooting guard of all time, but he is over hyped at the same time. He has no business being in the same breath as Jordan, or Lebron.

Damn dude...i normally take you serioulsy in this forum, but shit...im starting to think i shouldnt.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 07:51 PM

The Stats DO lie. Look at Amare, he's a stat buster.

Shots can be made in the last 24, whether or not you win the game is a different matter.

You may know basketball, but I still take an NBA GM's opinion more.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Damn dude...i normally take you serioulsy in this forum, but shit...im starting to think i shouldnt.

My friend, Lebron is on another planet right now. The gap between Lebron and Kobe is the same as the gap between Kobe and Brandon Roy.

Lebron >>> Kobe >>> Brandon Roy

KidCongo
02-06-2009, 07:54 PM
The Stats DO lie. Look at Amare, he's a stat buster.

Shots can be made in the last 24, whether or not you win the game is a different matter.

You may know basketball, but I still take an NBA GM's opinion more.

That is coming through for your team. Putting them in a position to win with the game on the line.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
That is coming through for your team. Putting them in a position to win with the game on the line.

There are no points for moral victories.

There's no coincidence that LeBron may be the best player but there's no question as to who the Closer is.

Even Jeff Van Gundy, who loves LeBron, says he's the best 40 minute player but for the final 5, he takes Kobe.

TheMACHINE
02-06-2009, 09:32 PM
My friend, Lebron is on another planet right now. The gap between Lebron and Kobe is the same as the gap between Kobe and Brandon Roy.

Lebron >>> Kobe >>> Brandon Roy

Ok..the gap is based on what?

Wins? Points per game? Rings? Skill? I would love to know why Lebron is another planet.

ducks
02-06-2009, 09:37 PM
if the nba only cared about cavs
they would not care traverling on james
and would not take james triple double away

MarHill
02-06-2009, 09:52 PM
San An frickin tonio?

The Spurs are not better than the Cavs this year.

The Spurs are a 30-18 team if not for fluke wins. The Spurs win their games by 3.3 points or so, the Cavs win their games by 10.3 points. Cavs > Spurs

There you go again....with this fluke thing and San Antonio.

That's just silly...for a team that's averaged 58 wins in the last 6 seasons and are on pace to do that again.

They win the close games...period. You are what your record says you are.

I could do a what if scenario on every team's record in the league.

I know you don't like SA...but please keep the word fluke away from them.

Yikes!! :bang

:flag:

cobbler
02-06-2009, 10:07 PM
...and in the Olympics, when they were teamates, who deferred to who in crunch time of the gold medal game.

Apparently, even Lebron knows who the CLOSER is.

Ghazi
02-06-2009, 10:09 PM
If the Olympics meant anything, I'd think Hamed Haddadi is an elite shot blocker and rebounder.

(Who?)

j-money24
02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Sunday should put the Lakers or Cavs debate to rest. I don't think the Cavs can even come close to beating the Lakers..they just don't match up well.

And who knows, it may even end the Kobe vs LeBron debate for the rest of the season.

Personally, I think there are only 5 teams capable of taking out the Lakers in the Playoffs:

1) The Magic (before Jameer got injured)
2) The Spurs (if they trade or get another big man)
3) The Rockets (if they're healthy)
4) The Bobcats (if they get out of the East)
5) The Kings (if they make the Playoffs)

I would have added the Pistons but they look like they're going nowhere fast.

so the kings and the bobcats are going somewhere?
lmfao
and no man, stop understimating the cavs,
in my opinion cavs have been the best team in the league this year and cavs dont only have lebron..
if u think about it cavs have 3 all-stars and 1 former all-star.
lebron is one, in my books mo williams is an all-star, and ilquaskas would have made it because he is clearly the 2nd best center in the east but he was injured for like a month and ben walllace use to be at a all-star level, he still decent though.
szerbiak or how ever u spell his name was an all-star b4..
il say it again
CAVS are underrated

cobbler
02-06-2009, 10:23 PM
If the Olympics meant anything, I'd think Hamed Haddadi is an elite shot blocker and rebounder.

(Who?)

If you don't think the Olympics meant anything to the players after watching all the interviews from Lebron, Kobe etc... then you are obviously a bigger tard than even your posts project.

Allanon
02-06-2009, 10:27 PM
so the kings and the bobcats are going somewhere?
Obviously not, but if by some "fluke" they were to play the Lakers in the Playoffs/Finals, I'd be scared as hell.

and no man, stop understimating the cavs,
in my opinion cavs have been the best team in the league this year and cavs dont only have lebron..
if u think about it cavs have 3 all-stars and 1 former all-star.
lebron is one, in my books mo williams is an all-star, and ilquaskas would have made it because he is clearly the 2nd best center in the east but he was injured for like a month and ben walllace use to be at a all-star level, he still decent though.
szerbiak or how ever u spell his name was an all-star b4..
il say it again
CAVS are underrated

That's all good and all but will the Cavs beat the Lakers on Sunday? :D

BTW, I'll put my sig or avatar where my mouth is. Lakers will win on Sunday, any doubters, let's make a sig/avatar bet.

j-money24
02-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Obviously not, but if by some "fluke" they were to play the Lakers in the Playoffs/Finals, I'd be scared as hell.

That's all good and all but will the Cavs beat the Lakers on Sunday? :D

BTW, I'll put my sig or avatar where my mouth is. Lakers will win on Sunday, any doubters, let's make a sig/avatar bet.

look im hoping we beat them on sunday but its gonna be hard, its really hard to sweep the 2 of the best 3 teams in the nba, and plus delonte and ilguaskas was out that game and lakers wont have bynum and the cavs are 23-0 at home and they definitly want revenge, so i dont know, i would say im expecting a loss on sunday but i hope they prove me wrong.and going 6-0 on a hard road trip is also hard to do, u feel me?haha

Allanon
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
look im hoping we beat them on sunday but its gonna be hard, its really hard to sweep the best 2 of the best 3 teams in the nba, and plus delonte and ilguaskas was out that game and lakers wont have bynum and the cavs are 23-0 at home and they definitly wont revenge, so i dont know, i would say im expecting a loss on sunday but i hope they prove me wrong.and going 6-0 on a hard road trip is also hard to do, u feel me?haha

I'm feelin' yah bro.

Hope for the best.

lefty
02-06-2009, 10:36 PM
The Cavs are the 2009 Eastern Conference Champions

Allanon
02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
The Cavs are the 2009 Eastern Conference Champions

THIS, I can buy...or the Celtics as EC Champs.

Bad break for the Magic, they coulda made some real noise this year and would have given the West a helluva series...swept both the Lakers and Spurs this year I think.

DazedAndConfused
02-06-2009, 10:52 PM
The Lakers already beat the Cavs quite convincingly this season (17pt blowout).

The problem for CLE is their bench sucks and their offense is too Bron-centric. As soon as Lebron goes out the entire team falls apart.

I just have a hard time seeing a team that imbalanced winning it all.

lefty
02-06-2009, 10:54 PM
THIS, I can buy...or the Celtics as EC Champs.

Bad break for the Magic, they coulda made some real noise this year and would have given the West a helluva series...swept both the Lakers and Spurs this year I think.

It does suck for Orlando, although Boston sent them a message by beating them on their court (before Jameer's injury)

Man, Nelson worked so hard to get at this level :depressed

Allanon
02-06-2009, 11:00 PM
It does suck for Orlando, although Boston sent them a message by beating them on their court (before Jameer's injury)

Man, Nelson worked so hard to get at this level :depressed

Yup, I remember people were saying Nelson just wasn't good enough to be an NBA starting guard. He proved the haters wrong.

lefty
02-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Yup, I remember people were saying Nelson just wasn't good enough to be an NBA starting guard. He proved the haters wrong.

While I always thought Nelson was good enough to play in the NBA, I would never have thought he would play at that level either.
He is like a righty Fisher on steroids

Brickhouse
02-06-2009, 11:28 PM
Since when have people started taking SpursDynasty seriously?

Killakobe81
02-07-2009, 12:56 AM

that is TRUE no ring no KING!

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Lebron's winning at least 3 NBA championships.

Medvedenko
02-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Since when have people started taking SpursDynasty seriously?

Exactly....this dude Ghazi should be treated the same way. I still think they're the same dude. Same old rhetoric and word balance. Just flip the teams he thinks are flukes, rinse and repeat.

ElNono
02-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Lebron cockslobbering thread... :tu

Findog
02-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Exactly....this dude Ghazi should be treated the same way. I still think they're the same dude. Same old rhetoric and word balance. Just flip the teams he thinks are flukes, rinse and repeat.

You're an idiot.

xoxo,

Findog

Rogue
02-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Same old rhetoric and word balance.
look who is talking

However, I also have to repeat something here:"some country needs to adjust their policies on immigration."

mystargtr34
02-07-2009, 03:56 AM

The problem for CLE is their bench sucks and their offense is too Bron-centric. As soon as Lebron goes out the entire team falls apart.

While i think LA is the slightly better team. Do you not think Big Z being out made any difference?

Hes a borderline All-Star, 15 and 8 Center. Albeit in a weak East for Centers.

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 04:04 AM
A team can be Bron centric because Lebron James is the fucking King. The best thing since Jordan.

MambaJuice2408
02-07-2009, 04:33 AM
I think the Lakers win at the Q on Sunday. I think they might be turning the corner as far as addressing toughness issues. That and Gasol is a bonafide superstar in big games now. He's shown up in every big game we've had this year and remarkably efficient. Kobe and Bron will do their thing and come close to neutralizing each other. Pau will make a big difference I think, maybe even Odom too now that he actually showed balls in Boston

MambaJuice2408
02-07-2009, 04:35 AM
that is TRUE no ring no KING!

Prince Lebron??? :lmao

m33p0
02-07-2009, 07:30 AM
While i think LA is the slightly better team. Do you not think Big Z being out made any difference?

Hes a borderline All-Star, 15 and 8 Center. Albeit in a weak East for Centers.
15 and 8 hardly makes a difference especially from a big who prefers to play the perimeter which is what Big Z has become.

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Uhhh, okay.

Delonte was out too.

2 starters out, on the road , pretty significant difference.

CavsFan
02-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Sunday should be a great game!

This thread though, lol!!! Come on, Lakers fans, you say your 17 point win was legit with 40% (2 of 5) of our starters out. Yet, you say a win this Sunday by the Cavs won't be legit because you are missing 20% (1 of 5) of yours.

Here's to hoping both teams are healthy when we face each other in the finals. :toast

j-money24
02-07-2009, 11:14 AM

its the ssame thing with the lakers..
u take out kobe, the whole offense falls apart.

JoeTait75
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
15 and 8 hardly makes a difference especially from a big who prefers to play the perimeter which is what Big Z has become.

Other than those 15 and 8, his stretching of defenses to open driving lanes, his execution with LeBron of the pick-and-pop, and the fact that he's the only seven-footer on this roster, no, Z does absolutely nothing for the Cavaliers. 7'3" centers with the shooting touch of a small forward hardly make a difference.

I love how people just dismiss the other players on Cleveland's roster, like they don't make any difference.

TheMACHINE
02-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Uhhh, okay.

Delonte was out too.

2 starters out, on the road , pretty significant difference.
yah..warrants a 17 point difference right?

Let me see...Lakers, back to back, on the road, 1 starter out, against the champs with 12 straight wins....wins the game.

But two starters out, on the road = 17 point blow out....riiight.

Thunder Dan
02-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I'll be at the game tomorrow- 3rd row behind the Lakers bench....you better believe Sasha Vuacic will know he is a pussy with Paris Hilton's headband before the game is over

TheMACHINE
02-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I'll be at the game tomorrow- 3rd row behind the Lakers bench....you better believe Sasha Vuacic will know he is a pussy with Paris Hilton's headband before the game is over

ohhh where something crazy so we can see u!

Thunder Dan
02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
ohhh where something crazy so we can see u!

I'll be wearing this shirt- no hat or anything, I'm in my 20's. Keep an eye out.

http://www.cavaliersteamshop.com/fangear/assets/product_images/1000002271.jpg

MambaJuice2408
02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I Hope Cavs are wear those jerseys they wore when the beat the Celts at the Q. Their gonna need it to beat a Laker team spewing with confidence

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 03:48 PM
yah..warrants a 17 point difference right?

Let me see...Lakers, back to back, on the road, 1 starter out, against the champs with 12 straight wins....wins the game.

But two starters out, on the road = 17 point blow out....riiight.

It's just a one game sample. It was not as if the game was dominated by the Lakers throughout, they really pulled away in the final 6-7 minutes.

We shouldn't draw conclusions from that game just as we shouldn't draw conclusions from the Lakers losing to the Kings. The Lakers frontline dominated and Z being out contributed to that, and as the Cavs fan earlier alluded to Z's shooting touch spaces the floor properly for the King to get into the lane.

Allanon
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Allanon
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I personally don't think the Cavs are that good.

The Lakers already beat them by 17 in a game that wasn't even as close as the score. You might say no Big Z.

Well, the Bynum-less Lakers will beat the Cavs on Sunday too.

Allanon
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM

21_Blessings
02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Cavs were pooped on without Bynum. They're seriously garbage when they face a good team (see: the Lakers).

I'll see you guys at Figueroa. :lobt2:

Btw, thank you Roger Mason :flag:

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Like I said, fluke loss. The Cavs are 0-2 against the Lakers, but better than the Lakers. Just like the Lakers are 0-2 against the Magic, but better than the Magic.

Nothing to conclude from this game other than when Lamar Odom puts up 28/17, the Lakers are a better team. I'll tip my hat if he can do that 4 times in a 7 game series.

21_Blessings
02-08-2009, 06:43 PM
No Bynum and Kobe had the flu. Kill yourself, Ghazi.

On the road as well.

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 06:51 PM
If Bynum played I doubt Odom would flukishly go for 28/17.

And in spite of his flu Kobe went 8-17, which is a higher % than he is expected to shoot in the Finals.

Again, nothing personal against the Lakers, they're the 2nd best team in basketball, but today's win was a fluke.

Allanon
02-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Lakers bench played most of the 4th quarter while the Cavs starters played the entire 4th.

Cavs still lost by 10.

sook
02-08-2009, 07:14 PM
If Bynum played I doubt Odom would flukishly go for 28/17.

And in spite of his flu Kobe went 8-17, which is a higher % than he is expected to shoot in the Finals.

Again, nothing personal against the Lakers, they're the 2nd best team in basketball, but today's win was a fluke.

what? You have a new team now?

Killakobe81
02-08-2009, 08:06 PM
op is a moron ...flukes LMAO

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 08:08 PM
what? You have a new team now?

No

MambaJuice2408
02-09-2009, 12:46 AM
We lost to the Magic twice because we match up the worst with them than any of the other contenders and because played with no defensive intensity....But yeah your right with the we're better part.