PDA

View Full Version : Amare talks about trade rumors

lurker
02-07-2009, 01:42 AM
I personally like the part where he defends his not "rallying the troops" because he's not a captain. Salty much?

When Amaré Stoudemire started talking about Mike D'Antoni in the past tense last April - before the then-Suns coach departed - D'Antoni's exit appeared increasingly likely.

After meeting Friday morning with Suns General Manager Steve Kerr about trade rumors, Stoudemire sounded like he had started packing.

He talked as if he expected to be traded before clarifying that he wishes to be "a Phoenix Sun forever" and sign a contract extension this summer.

"It's kind of good that a lot of teams want me right now," said Stoudemire, who is under contract for two more years worth $34.1 million. "That's positive. Obviously, probably a little bit of financial decision going on. Probably trying to clear things up from their standpoint. A lot of times, when something like this happens it's more of a business move than anything else.

"I know for sure, wherever I go, we're going to definitely be playoff contenders. I bring a lot to the table."

When noted that he sounded like he anticipated a trade, Stoudemire said he "would love to stay here. You just never know what happens. You would never have thought Shawn Marion would get traded when they did it or Raja (Bell) or Boris (Diaw). Just to be a step ahead, I always try to look forward and turn anything into a positive."

Stoudemire emphasized how well he gets along with teammates but made it clear that he is getting an unfair share of blame for the Suns' underwhelming season.

"To whom much is given, much is expected," coach Terry Porter said on whether criticism of Stoudemire was unfair.

"Half the time, it's pretty much on me," Stoudemire said. "But I'm not a captain. So you can't put too much of the blame on me. It's not my job to rally the troops and get everybody on board. It's the captains' job to do that. I pretty much play my position. I go out there and play hard and try to lead us in scoring and try to do the intangibles. I try to get better defensively, and I have gotten better defensively."

Stoudemire was a captain last season but the players voted for Grant Hill, Steve Nash and Shaquille O'Neal as captains for this season. He said Kerr told him anybody on the team could be traded and admitted the trade rumors have been "a little bit of a distraction."

Kerr said the Suns have been taking "a lot of calls" on Stoudemire.

"We're not playing to our capabilities, so that's the way it goes when that happens," Kerr said. "I think we can still be good this year, but we also have to make sure we can sustain our success. The last five years, we've made a concerted effort to keep our talent around. We've built up a really big payroll. We've traded some first-round picks, some young assets, so we've got to keep that mind, too."

Nash also addressed trade talk after Friday's shootaround, which O'Neal missed for traffic school.

"Of course I want to be here," Nash said, noting that he heard about a Yahoo report that he was "untouchable."

"I love playing here. I want to see it work out here. I apologize to the fans that it's been a tough year. It's killing me, and I'm sure it's really hurting the fans. I want to see a positive outcome and a resolution to the trouble."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 01:56 AM
"I know for sure, wherever I go, we're going to definitely be playoff contenders. I bring a lot to the table."

Yeah you're gorilla game, Sun Tzu garbage or whatever retarded crap you've come up with lately have carried so many teams to the finals.

"Half the time, it's pretty much on me," Stoudemire said. "But I'm not a captain. So you can't put too much of the blame on me. It's not my job to rally the troops and get everybody on board. It's the captains' job to do that. I pretty much play my position. I go out there and play hard and try to lead us in scoring and try to do the intangibles. I try to get better defensively, and I have gotten better defensively."

whatever happened to being THA MAN!!!?

I can't wait to hear Paul and Jmarks make an excuse for this piece of shit comment.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 02:01 AM
I try to get better defensively, and I have gotten better defensively.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

m33p0
02-07-2009, 02:04 AM
amare for david west. do their salaries match?

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 02:11 AM
David West is older than Amare and worse than Amare.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 02:22 AM
David West is older than Amare and worse than Amare.

Amaretard is more retarded than West and more cancerous than West.

pauls931
02-07-2009, 03:00 AM
I'm guessing it's going to happen. It will be interesting to see the interviews that happen if Kerr trades shaq too. Nash untouchable? Do him a favor and send him to NY with Amare. Another thing I find funny is someone mentioning Miami has interest. Guess that would mean marion bolting somewhere. Back to phoenix?

bonesinaz
02-07-2009, 09:16 AM
:lol

Amare has about 2 neurons firing in that cavernous space between his ears.

layupdrill
02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
He knows hes gone

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Nash untouchable? Do him a favor and send him to NY with Amare.

LMFAO, I'm sure Nash would consider being forced to play with Amaretard on another team anything but a favor. This makes about as much sense as thinking D'antoni would ok a trade for the player that threw him under the bus less than a year ago.

You Amare lovers crack me up.

lurker
02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't see how it would be doing Nash a favor to trade him to another team with Amare. :lol I bet Nash and Hill threw Amare under the bus many times in those closed door meetings.

Amare has a lot of talent, but it goes to waste because of laziness, stupidity and an over-inflated ego. It's a shame.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 03:58 PM
pauls931, can you please give me the perspective of an Amare excuse maker/homer about his team captain comments? I need a good laugh today.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't see how it would be doing Nash a favor to trade him to another team with Amare. :lol

It wouldn't, the Amare groupies assume that I'm the delusional one with the wacky idea that none of his teammates like him, when really they're the delusional ones thinking that Amare is liked and respected by his teammates.

pauls931
02-07-2009, 04:01 PM
pauls931, can you please give me the perspective of an Amare excuse maker/homer about his team captain comments? I need a good laugh today.

I'm trying to think of a way to explain things that can get through your thick skull. Their problems are more than just Amare. Does that work?

lurker
02-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Is anyone saying Amare is the only problem the Suns have?

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 04:10 PM

I don't think anyone is outright saying that, but the extent that some posters bash him certainly infers they think he's the biggest.

I would disagree with even that. He's a large part, but not anymore than Sarver, Kerr, Porter and Nash. Even escaped players/coaches still have some fault in this mess. Certain attitudes of those now departed helped cultivate the current lockerroom.

If the Suns can get near fair current value for Amare, or a nice bundle of youngsters/picks, then I'm all for trading him. But I'm just as eager to trade everyone, start completely over and play the youth they have draft/aquired and see who develops, then in a few years play the free agent market once you know what you have and what you need.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 04:26 PM

No, Pauls931's comment is code for he has no way to make an excuse for Amare's mental retardation so he would rather put words in my mouth and attempt to change the subject.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't think anyone is outright saying that, but the extent that some posters bash him certainly infers they think he's the biggest.

I would disagree with even that. He's a large part, but not anymore than Sarver, Kerr, Porter and Nash. Even escaped players/coaches still have some fault in this mess. Certain attitudes of those now departed helped cultivate the current lockerroom.

Wtf did Kerr do wrong other than draft Robin Lopez? He did his best given the inflexibility and lack of options Sarver gave him.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Wtf did Kerr do wrong other than draft Robin Lopez? He did his best given the inflexibility and lack of options Sarver gave him.

I would agree with some of this, but he also drafted Tucker, who's barely played or shown anything when he has. He allowed himself to be Sarver's bitch-ass puppet, trading James Jones and a Rudy Fernandez for crap that same draft, and then failed to put any sort of protection on the picks he traded along with Kurt Thomas to Seattle, a mistake that now looks HUGE as the Suns suck and that pick could be top-10 next year. He hired Porter, a former teammate. He also gave lottery pick money to Dragic, who now sits on the bench.

Some of this was certainly heavily influenced by Sarver, but Kerr hasn't had any backbone in any of this. His ideas of the direction of this team have changed about as often as months on a calander. He's been too wishy washy to prove himself a leader compitant and capable of assembling a true winner.

IMO, and this is as a HUGE Kerr fan from UA days and his NBA career, he may not be THE problem, but he's not been anything close to a solution.

IMO, I don't think there's a single player the Suns should say is untouchable. If they keep some youngsters like Dragic, Tucker and Lopez, then play them.

lurker
02-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't think anyone is outright saying that, but the extent that some posters bash him certainly infers they think he's the biggest.Don't you think Amare brought that on himself with comments he's made over the years? If Nash was walking around saying the same things as Amare about wanting to be the man, bringing out his gorilla game (lol), claiming he's better defensively when he's clearly not, etc. he'd be getting the same bashing. Don't hype yourself up if you can't deal with the flack you'll get when you don't live up to the expectations you set.

Banzai
Will Kerr trade Amare to an Eastern Conference team? New York Knicks? or Miami?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
I would agree with some of this, but he also drafted Tucker, who's barely played or shown anything when he has. He allowed himself to be Sarver's bitch-ass puppet, trading James Jones and a Rudy Fernandez for crap that same draft, and then failed to put any sort of protection on the picks he traded along with Kurt Thomas to Seattle, a mistake that now looks HUGE as the Suns suck and that pick could be top-10 next year. He hired Porter, a former teammate. He also gave lottery pick money to Dragic, who now sits on the bench.

He works for Sarver lol, what alternatives does he have? If Kerr was hired knowing he would have to be influenced by Sarver, he had no other options.

Tucker was taken 29th overall.....can't expect an immediate contributor at that spot.

Kurt Thomas trade was 45% Sarver's fault 45% D'antoni's fault and 10% Kerr's fault. I don't fault him for that.

he hired Porter because he was cheap and Kerr could say he had head coaching experience. IMO Sarver put a cap on how much he could pay the coach.

Some of this was certainly heavily influenced by Sarver, but Kerr hasn't had any backbone in any of this.

I wouldn't say going against your boss's wishes is having a backbone, I'd say it's having stupidity.

His ideas of the direction of this team have changed about as often as months on a calander. He's been too wishy washy to prove himself a leader compitant and capable of assembling a true winner.

Who would be capable of assembling a winner when the owner wants Amare to be a franchise player even though he isn't, when the owner wants draft picks sold, and when the fans/players/media constantly bust a nut for a style of basketball that doesn't win titles.

IMO, I don't think there's a single player the Suns should say is untouchable. If they keep some youngsters like Dragic, Tucker and Lopez, then play them.

There shouldn't be. Nash, Amare, and Shaq, should all be traded for whatever value possible. The post trade deadline product should be the 2009 tankapalooza Suns with the motto "eyes on a top 10 pick".

ducks
02-07-2009, 04:51 PM
if amare attacks and plays d
he is not part of the problem
the problem is he thinks he does not have to play d
and he does not rebound consistent

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 04:56 PM
He works for Sarver lol, what alternatives does he have? If Kerr was hired knowing he would have to be influenced by Sarver, he had no other options.

Tucker was taken 29th overall.....can't expect an immediate contributor at that spot.

Kurt Thomas trade was 45% Sarver's fault 45% D'antoni's fault and 10% Kerr's fault. I don't fault him for that.

he hired Porter because he was cheap and Kerr could say he had head coaching experience. IMO Sarver put a cap on how much he could pay the coach.

I wouldn't say going against your boss's wishes is having a backbone, I'd say it's having stupidity.

Who would be capable of assembling a winner when the owner wants Amare to be a franchise player even though he isn't, when the owner wants draft picks sold, and when the fans/players/media constantly bust a nut for a style of basketball that doesn't win titles.

There shouldn't be. Nash, Amare, and Shaq, should all be traded for whatever value possible. The post trade deadline product should be the 2009 tankapalooza Suns with the motto "eyes on a top 10 pick".

I think this is all very well argued. However, Kerr was supposed to be a voice of experience. He was a close friend of Sarver. He was supposed to have some sway. To this point, he's only caved on every little thing asked of him.

Not throwing some protection on the 2010 pick was very, very costly, regardless of the pressures he faced. As an aging team that routinely trades away its youthful assets for bags of chips, you have to have the foresight to protect a pick that has a good change of being a lottery pick.

Again, Kerr may not have a ton of fault, but he has some and until I see some of his trades/drafts/decisions work out, he hasn't proven capable enough for me to want to keep him around.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Again, Kerr may not have a ton of fault, but he has some and until I see some of his trades/drafts/decisions work out, he hasn't proven capable enough for me to want to keep him around.

You don't look for reasons to fire people IMO. Kerr should be judged for the team we see in 2010-2011. Not a day sooner. He took over a team on the decline with no chance at a title, not his fault.

Kerr had no FO experience when hired, don't fault him for making mistakes, fault an owner who hired someone with no front office experience AND no background in business and expected a GM who made flawless decisions.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 05:15 PM
You don't look for reasons to fire people IMO. Kerr should be judged for the team we see in 2010-2011. Not a day sooner. He took over a team on the decline with no chance at a title, not his fault.

Kerr had no FO experience when hired, don't fault him for making mistakes, fault an owner who hired someone with no front office experience AND no background in business and expected a GM who made flawless decisions.

I do fault Sarver. I hate Robert Sarver. However, Kerr hasn't shown the ability to construct a team, nor shown the backbone to stand up when Sarver is hurting the team... you say keep him, but the problem is Sarver is likely to continue being the Suns owner, so if he can't succeed under him now, then how will he in the future? Sarver is unlikely to become any less of an cheap ass and this team is only getting less and less talented as each year passes.

If I had my choice, absolutely I'd choose Sarver to depart of the two. However, Sarver the likeliest of the two to stick things out, and if Kerr han't figured out how to manage under Sarver early when he had a ton of fan support and a good team to build upon, then I'm afraid Kerr is unlikely to improve when fan support wanes and wins cease to exist.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 05:23 PM
I do fault Sarver. I hate Robert Sarver. However, Kerr hasn't shown the ability to construct a team, nor shown the backbone to stand up when Sarver is hurting the team... you say keep him, but the problem is Sarver is likely to continue being the Suns owner, so if he can't succeed under him now, then how will he in the future? Sarver is unlikely to become any less of an cheap ass and this team is only getting less and less talented as each year passes.

If I had my choice, absolutely I'd choose Sarver to depart of the two. However, Sarver the likeliest of the two to stick things out, and if Kerr han't figured out how to manage under Sarver early when he had a ton of fan support and a good team to build upon, then I'm afraid Kerr is unlikely to improve when fan support wanes and wins cease to exist.

The reason I say keep Kerr is because there aren't any better alternatives. If Sarver is control freak over his friend, then he'll be a control freak over anyone.

Remember that it's pointless to get rid of Kerr if the new GM isn't any better.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
If the Suns are gonna get rid of Amare they better come up with something BIG. Amare is a one-of-a-kind talent that cant easily be replaced. He has all the tools--just not the motivation. D'Antoni is a soft coach. Terry Porter should be coaching the WNBA--he seriously is fucking useless. Give the Suns a HC w/ some respect and they'll get the best out of Amare

pauls931
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure about being cheap, I always thought the suns had one of the higher payrolls in the league?

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 08:28 PM
I'm not sure about being cheap, I always thought the suns had one of the higher payrolls in the league?

It's a cheap bastard indeed who can still be cheap while spending money.

Sarver sold off/traded every single draft pick the Suns owned or acquired except the Tucker selection of 2007 and the Lopez selection of 2008. And were not talking just one or two other picks. Try upwards of double-digit 1st-rounders.

This, plus trading inexpensive/veteran quality in James Jones, Kurt Thomas and Jim Jackson, low-balling Joe Johnson three times vs. market-value, letting quality role players like Tim Thomas, Steven Hunter and Eddie House leave for reasonable rates elsewhere - and now - finally, the rumors of Sarver being more concerned with expiring contracts than talent and picks in an Amare deal.

Rogue
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
amare is gonna be traded but can hardly get a player in return who is as good as amare. trading him for several role players won't make a big difference to suns team which is already filled with plenty of good role players.
I would asked the rockets for a trade that will send suns yao for amare, if i were terry porter. Our rockets team sucks and most of the fans just blame tmac to our sucking performances, but they didn't notice that yao is also a shit.

Xylus
02-07-2009, 08:38 PM
The Suns don't have many role players, we just have a lot of scorers. It seems like our FO has always been about creating the best starting 5 in the league, rather than worrying about building a solid bench with guys that can shoot 3's, defend, rebound, do the intangibles, etc.

Like JMark mentioned, Sarver and Co. have made a habit of undervaluing these types of players. Why not keep Eddie House, who single-handedly won 5 or 6 games the season we had him? James Jones slumped from long range, but he was a really good defender. Kurt Thomas was the only reason we were in the '07-'08 season, yet we get rid of him and a few draft picks in the following offseason?

pauls931
02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Ya, pre Kerr, thing that got my goat the most was Joe Johnson getting away. He would have left to start somewhere eventually but if they paid him well for a couple more years, that probably would have put the suns over the top.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Trading James Jone and Kurt Thomas along with three 1st-rounder, one of which was Rudy Fernandez happened under Kerr. Maybe he couldn't have done a damn thing about it, but when you just seemingly roll over and trade picks and players like that then you're no better, and probably guilty by association.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Trading James Jone and Kurt Thomas along with three 1st-rounder, one of which was Rudy Fernandez happened under Kerr. Maybe he couldn't have done a damn thing about it, but when you just seemingly roll over and trade picks and players like that then you're no better, and probably guilty by association.

You're not making any sense, he works for Sarver. If Sarver tells him to do something job related, he needs to do it. It's that simple.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
You're not making any sense, he works for Sarver. If Sarver tells him to do something job related, he needs to do it. It's that simple.

I'm making plenty of sense. Yeah, ultimately it could get him fired, but he was supposed to be a voice of reason and his first two trades on the job find him continuing the firesale. A real GM stands firm on things. Kerr has yet to be anything but a puppet for Sarver. Whether it's Sarver's ideas or not, Kerr is stll rolling over, rather than keeping the best interest of the team in mind. As the GM, he needs to insist on something when it's detrimental to the team.

I have yet to see him do anything to sway Sarver. Yeah, that's mostly Sarver, but if you're not part of the solution, then your part of the problem and to me, the problems must go.

FreeMason
02-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Thank god the Spurs have a great coach who can shape players' characters.

Amare was pure beast back in the day but then kinda quit growing.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 10:41 PM

With this same logic and a trickle-down effect, then Porter is safe as well... he works for Kerr, can be fired by Kerr, and Kerr wants Shaq to be the focal point. Right now he is and the Suns aren't winning. So is Porter safe simply because he's doing Kerr's bidding?

I will not ask if I just stumbled into yet another reason for Kerr to be fired.

Hell, you could probably even apply this trickle-down logic to take the blame off Nash and Amare for their inability on the offensive end all of a sudden. They play for the coach, who wants to make Shaq the focal point, which takes them out of their games. Are they now excused for their inconsistent offensive play because obeying the coach minimizes their effectiveness?

It's a reach, but you can extend this to Amare's apathy on defense as D'Antoni failed to develop and emphasize this. If Amare would make a silly foul, he'd get admonished on the sideline and pulled. This cultivated his inability and lack of desire. Amare couldn't play as agressive for fear of fouls and their consequences. Is Amare justified because his boss told him to nevermind defense to the point that it's poisoned his mentality owards the game?

Ultimately the player is responsible for his failings, as is the coach, as is the GM. Yes, Sarver is the prime culprit here, but nobody with fault should escape blame.

I'm actually surprised that someone as gung-ho about player accountabilty and know-how excusing Kerr's mistakes because of his boss and lack of experience.

pauls931
02-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Thank god the Spurs have a great coach who can shape players' characters.

Amare was pure beast back in the day but then kinda quit growing.

I'd cringe if Pop ever got a hold of him and was able to keep duncan...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm making plenty of sense. Yeah, ultimately it could get him fired, but he was supposed to be a voice of reason and his first two trades on the job find him continuing the firesale. A real GM stands firm on things. Kerr has yet to be anything but a puppet for Sarver. Whether it's Sarver's ideas or not, Kerr is stll rolling over, rather than keeping the best interest of the team in mind. As the GM, he needs to insist on something when it's detrimental to the team.

Good look finding a GM who cares more about the team than keeping his job.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm actually surprised that someone as gung-ho about player accountabilty and know-how excusing Kerr's mistakes because of his boss and lack of experience.

I'm not excusing Kerr's mistakes.....I'm saying he's done nothing to prove that he's a bad GM with complete control of decision making and that anyone would be a horrible GM if they knew they would be fired by going against Sarver's wishes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
With this same logic and a trickle-down effect, then Porter is safe as well... he works for Kerr, can be fired by Kerr, and Kerr wants Shaq to be the focal point. Right now he is and the Suns aren't winning. So is Porter safe simply because he's doing Kerr's bidding?

I will not ask if I just stumbled into yet another reason for Kerr to be fired.

Hell, you could probably even apply this trickle-down logic to take the blame off Nash and Amare for their inability on the offensive end all of a sudden. They play for the coach, who wants to make Shaq the focal point, which takes them out of their games. Are they now excused for their inconsistent offensive play because obeying the coach minimizes their effectiveness?

It's a reach, but you can extend this to Amare's apathy on defense as D'Antoni failed to develop and emphasize this. If Amare would make a silly foul, he'd get admonished on the sideline and pulled. This cultivated his inability and lack of desire. Amare couldn't play as agressive for fear of fouls and their consequences. Is Amare justified because his boss told him to nevermind defense to the point that it's poisoned his mentality owards the game?

Ultimately the player is responsible for his failings, as is the coach, as is the GM. Yes, Sarver is the prime culprit here, but nobody with fault should escape blame.

To some extent Porter's faults do rest on Kerr, and a large amount of Amare's problems are cause of Porter/D'antoni. IMO it shows that Amare isn't a franchise player because he is so dependent on good coaching. Maybe Kerr isn't a good GM because he is so dependent on good ownership, however good luck finding a GM who can succeed under Sarver.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 11:33 PM
That we can agree on. I've never said I want to see Kerr gone. I've only said I could care less if he goes. I do think he could succeed, but just not here. He obviously isn't given the ability to prove himself and while that sucks, many of the decisions he has been allowed to make haven't worked out very well. That's what I'm saying.

Obviously I'd love to get rid of Sarver more than any single entity within the Suns organization. I despise him and what he's done to a franchise I've bled for for more than 20 years.

However, it is my opinion that nobody on this current is worth keeping around at the moment. Those who are productive should be shopped, because most won't be with the team within two years. Those who aren't should then be given PT enough to see if they are worth anything. If not, as you suspect, then ship them out or cut them.

This team needs to completely start over. A truly smart Gm could work with this and bring about a future for this franchise. If Kerr can pull that rabbit out of a hat, then I'll enthusiastically apologize for saying he was inable/unwilling to do what it took. If he fails to bring in actual talent or high-potential picks, and merely ends up bringing in expiring contracts to save his master some moola, then I say he should be gone. If all he's going to be is the puppet and fall boy for the detrimental whims of Sarver, then this team is no better for having him.

ducks
02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
trading amare for expiring contracts
why not just for marion back with his expiring contract

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 11:41 PM
trading amare for expiring contracts
why not just for marion back with his expiring contract

I'd trade Amare/Barnes/Dragic to Miami for Beasley/Marion or Amare/Barnes for Marion and the Heat's 1st this year (unprotected) and a future 1st.

They get a head start on the likely Wade/Amare 2010 duo. Phoenix gets its expiring contract and two 1st-rounders or Beasley

ElNono
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Last rumor has Amare to the Lakers for Morrison, Mihm and a protected second round pick... :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2009, 12:40 AM
That we can agree on. I've never said I want to see Kerr gone. I've only said I could care less if he goes.

Ok then this this whole argument we just had was pointless because that's my opinion :lol

I just don't want Kerr and/or Porter to get fired and then everyone thinks that every problem is fixed.

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Shoulda kept JJ, shoulda kept Fernandez, shoulda drafted Rondo, shoulda hoped Atlanta fell to 4th. etc.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Last rumor has Amare to the Lakers for Morrison, Mihm and a protected second round pick... :lol

:lol you know it

JMarkJohns
02-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Ok then this this whole argument we just had was pointless because that's my opinion :lol

Not pointless... we just took the scenic route to discover we share roughly the same opinion.

I just don't want Kerr and/or Porter to get fired and then everyone thinks that every problem is fixed.

As long as Sarver owns the Suns, he will always be numero uno on my "people to kill" list. And unlike in Billy Madison, it's going to take more than a phone call apology and an invitation for a cup of coffee for me to forgive him.

Even if the Suns were to win a Title under his watch, I'd still begrudge him for all the Titles he cheapskated away during this stretch. They were never far off. One, maybe two key players each year at a specific position like backup PG and backup PF or C. He had every opportunity to draft them and failed.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Not pointless... we just took the scenic route to discover we share roughly the same opinion.

As long as Sarver owns the Suns, he will always be numero uno on my "people to kill" list. And unlike in Billy Madison, it's going to take more than a phone call apology and an invitation for a cup of coffee for me to forgive him.

Even if the Suns were to win a Title under his watch, I'd still begrudge him for all the Titles he cheapskated away during this stretch. They were never far off. One, maybe two key players each year at a specific position like backup PG and backup PF or C. He had every opportunity to draft them and failed.

I agree completely.....fortunately Saver doesn't plan on owning the team for more than 5 more years.

RedsLakers24
02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
The Suns should Consider this, all Memphis has to do is Throw in a pick or so
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3195~3206~2794~1727&teams=21~21~21~29&te=&cash=

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2009, 01:22 PM
The Suns should Consider this, all Memphis has to do is Throw in a pick or so
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3195~3206~2794~1727&teams=21~21~21~29&te=&cash=

I'd be happy with that, nothing spectacular but some pieces.....I'm just not a big conley fan.....he doesn't seem to care very much.

JMarkJohns
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
That Memphis trade is only so so... They'd need to include this year's 1st (unprotected) and a future 1st for me to even consider that.

Memphis' best option to attain Amare would need to include Gay and either Arthur or Conley and, depending on which player is selected from the previous, either Warrick or Lowry.

I would be pretty happy with a Gay/Arthur/Lowry/Darko for Amare/Dragic/

kcplayboi_26
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
That Memphis trade is only so so... They'd need to include this year's 1st (unprotected) and a future 1st for me to even consider that.

Memphis' best option to attain Amare would need to include Gay and either Arthur or Conley and, depending on which player is selected from the previous, either Warrick or Lowry.

I would be pretty happy with a Gay/Arthur/Lowry/Darko for Amare/Dragic/

that would be pretty nice

kcplayboi_26
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
but i think memphis has 0 interest in trading Gay

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Memphis obviously isn't giving Mayo, but as JMarks said a Gay, Darko, Arthur, Lowry package for Amare is good in my book. Lowry probably won't be starting at PG on a contender any time soon, but neither will Conley.

pauls931
02-09-2009, 01:00 PM
After watching yesterday's game I think pho could be ok just getting a new coach or playing without one. Detroit sucks but I didn't even notice porter was out and was wondering why they were running more than usual and then dumping the ball to shaq when nash was out. I think porter is an ok coach, just not for this team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
After watching yesterday's game I think pho could be ok just getting a new coach or playing without one. Detroit sucks but I didn't even notice porter was out and was wondering why they were running more than usual and then dumping the ball to shaq when nash was out. I think porter is an ok coach, just not for this team.

Idk what the point would be in going back to a system proven to lose in the playoffs.

pauls931
02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Idk what the point would be in going back to a system proven to lose in the playoffs.

You missed the part about dumping it into Shaq when nash is off the floor. The thing that has killed Pho for years in addition to D was the team imploding every time nash sat. They can stabilize this by making sure shaq is on the floor when he's out to compensate for having no backup PG. Also shaq is actually putting backspin on his freethrows so someone there must've got through to him... If that was porter, I take back every bad think I've ever said about him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
You missed the part about dumping it into Shaq when nash is off the floor. The thing that has killed Pho for years in addition to D was the team imploding every time nash sat. They can stabilize this by making sure shaq is on the floor when he's out to compensate for having no backup PG. Also shaq is actually putting backspin on his freethrows so someone there must've got through to him... If that was porter, I take back every bad think I've ever said about him.

This perpetual attitude to maximize the offense and welcome the label as a top 5 worst defensive team is not going to win any championships. They are still one of the top 5 offensive teams in basketball, offense with/without Nash on the floor isn't the issue. Defense is the biggest issue, and until it is addressed the Suns won't be going anywhere.

pauls931
02-09-2009, 01:25 PM
This perpetual attitude to maximize the offense and welcome the label as a top 5 worst defensive team is not going to win any championships. They are still one of the top 5 offensive teams in basketball, offense with/without Nash on the floor isn't the issue. Defense is the biggest issue, and until it is addressed the Suns won't be going anywhere.

Ok, then here's what I don't get. They now have shaq to anchor the D and their d still sucks. back when they had marion and bell Gginobilli, parker, snails, slothes, and grass would drive to the hoop uncontested just as they did now. Sure the players can be to blame, but all the moves made so far and coaching has done 0 to improve the D.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Ok, then here's what I don't get. They now have shaq to anchor the D and their d still sucks. back when they had marion and bell Gginobilli, parker, snails, slothes, and grass would drive to the hoop uncontested just as they did now. Sure the players can be to blame, but all the moves made so far and coaching has done 0 to improve the D.

Porter cannot improve the D when the players refuse to work with him. Amare and Nash handicap this team so much on D it's impossible for them to be any good.

pauls931
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Porter cannot improve the D when the players refuse to work with him. Amare and Nash handicap this team so much on D it's impossible for them to be any good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Y38z_QC04

better include barbosa and shaq....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Y38z_QC04

better include barbosa and shaq....

huh?

pauls931
02-09-2009, 03:32 PM
huh?

There were 4 defenders on the play and no one did anything... It's more than a nash/amare problem...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
There were 4 defenders on the play and no one did anything... It's more than a nash/amare problem...

yeah, it's a problem spread throughout the team because it's captain and self-proclaimed leader doesn't play defense.

Spurs Brazil
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Warriors 'Very Active' In Pursuit Of Amare

The Warriors are intent on pursuing Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, who appears likely to change addresses before the Feb. 19 trade deadline passes.

"They've gotten very active with the Stoudemire stuff," said one NBA source of Golden State.

If the Warriors aren't able to land Stoudemire, sources also claim that they'll try to get involved with another young big man.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57118/20090209/warriors_very_active_in_pursuit_of_amare/

JMarkJohns
02-11-2009, 01:26 PM
The only trade I'm interested in with the Warriors is Ellis/Randolph/Wright/Azubuike

Anything else doesn't appeal to a team rebuilding.

hater
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Amare on Warriors would be a beast. Warriors would be dangerous in reg season.

A trade of Amare for Magette/Biedrins would also benefit suns. that would be the way to go 4 both teams

JMarkJohns
02-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Why the hell would Phoenix want Maggette?

Phoenix needs expiring contracts or YOUNG talent. Maggette is not an answer to help them now, nor later.

Ellis/Randolph/Wright/Azubuike or no trade. They could keep Azubuike if they include an expiring contract.

dirk4mvp
02-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Amare isn't worth any of that.

Ghazi
02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
The only trade I'm interested in with the Warriors is Ellis/Randolph/Wright/Azubuike

Anything else doesn't appeal to a team rebuilding.

Warriors would be d-u-m

Way too much for a scrub PF :)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
You're dreaming if you think they would give all of that for someone who is gonna leave whatever team he's on in 2010.

Xylus
02-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Just say no to Bad Porn.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Just say no to Bad Porn.

Agreed, I guess the one good thing about Sarver's cheapness is no Bad Porn.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Warriors would be d-u-m

why do you think they're trading for Amare?

Stupid team stupid player.