PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix - NO Trade Idea

mystargtr34
02-07-2009, 03:49 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=984~656~671~1765~614&teams=21~21~21~3~3&te=&cash=

Why Phoenix would do it -

Chandler
Amare
Hill
Richardson
Nash

If Porter was willing to give the keys to Nash, that could be one hell of a team. It would allow Amare to be the focal point on Offense and become a dominant 25 PPG scorer again - but this time with a defensive 7 footer behind him who wouldnt take anything away from their up and down game - in fact it would add another dimension to their running game. Chandler was the type of player Dantoni seemed to missing during his time at Phoenix. A shotblocking 7 footer next to Amare who could run the floor and finish.

Posey adds toughness and Defense as well as long range shooting. Peterson has range and they still have Barbosa as their sixth man.

Why NO would do it -

Shaq
West
Stojakovic
Butler
Paul

Chris Paul excells in the half court game and Shaq could be the piece that gets them over the hump. It gives the Hornets a badly needed third player who can create offense for himself. Shaq's still ungaurdable one-on-one, and with so many shooters in the lineup it will make it incredibly tough for teams to shut West, Shaq and Paul down. It would obviously be a move for the short term, but they also clear nearly $50 million between Peterson and Posey alone over the next 4 years.

It would be interesting to see what both teams could do with these lineups.

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 04:00 AM
That would be a STEAL for New Orleans... they get the better player AND save money. probably become real contenders instead of pretenders too.

mystargtr34
02-07-2009, 04:03 AM
That would be a STEAL for New Orleans... they get the better player AND save money. probably become real contenders instead of pretenders too.

They pay Shaq $42 million just for 2 seasons though

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 04:05 AM
So? SO?!

Xylus
02-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Tyson Chandler is exactly the type of player the Suns needed in recent years. A defensive big man who can score, but doesn't demand a whole lot of touches.

Unfortunately, this trade would make the Hornets scary good.

mystargtr34
02-07-2009, 05:43 AM
Tyson Chandler is exactly the type of player the Suns needed in recent years. A defensive big man who can score, but doesn't demand a whole lot of touches.

Unfortunately, this trade would make the Hornets scary good.

Theres a few different ways you can do the deal. At this point i think the Suns have to worry about themselves. Nash and Amare + Shaq obviously isnt working. They could try with this group one more time, go back to the old Suns + a 7 foot shot blocker who runs the floor. Its a perfect fit.

They could ask for Peja instead of Mo Pete and Posey. Draft picks etc. If i were a fan of either team, i would be pretty excited with the potential of both.

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 05:47 AM
The old Suns are never coming back

RIP SSOL era :(

Sarver has cheated the beloved Suns fanbase out of what could've been a beautiful 6-8 year stretch of basketball.

Mal
02-07-2009, 05:48 AM
That would be great if only
Peja is healthy
Shaq is still motivated

Yorae
02-07-2009, 05:50 AM
But that makes both teams better......now can we have a decent big man along with tim?

wijayas
02-07-2009, 10:42 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=984~656~671~1765~614&teams=21~21~21~3~3&te=&cash=

Why Phoenix would do it -

Chandler
Amare
Hill
Richardson
Nash

If Porter was willing to give the keys to Nash, that could be one hell of a team. It would allow Amare to be the focal point on Offense and become a dominant 25 PPG scorer again - but this time with a defensive 7 footer behind him who wouldnt take anything away from their up and down game - in fact it would add another dimension to their running game. Chandler was the type of player Dantoni seemed to missing during his time at Phoenix. A shotblocking 7 footer next to Amare who could run the floor and finish.

Posey adds toughness and Defense as well as long range shooting. Peterson has range and they still have Barbosa as their sixth man.

Why NO would do it -

Shaq
West
Stojakovic
Butler
Paul

Chris Paul excells in the half court game and Shaq could be the piece that gets them over the hump. It gives the Hornets a badly needed third player who can create offense for himself. Shaq's still ungaurdable one-on-one, and with so many shooters in the lineup it will make it incredibly tough for teams to shut West, Shaq and Paul down. It would obviously be a move for the short term, but they also clear nearly $50 million between Peterson and Posey alone over the next 4 years.

It would be interesting to see what both teams could do with these lineups.

As far-fetched as this may look like, this is probably the best outcome that can happen to both team. However, given the strained relationship between Amare and the Suns management, I doubt he will stay a Suns. That's really too bad.

layupdrill
02-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Nice idea...but not gonna happen especially with both being in the West.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Sarver isn't paying for a team that can't make the Finals. This team is closer, but not close enough. I don't see Sarver taking on Peterson and Posey. Therefore it dies.

IronMexican
02-07-2009, 11:07 AM
SHIT. Shaq and Cp3 on the same team? Don't do it PHX.

jack sommerset
02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
When was the last somewhat big trade or big trade by 2 West teams or 2 East teams? Anyone know?

kcplayboi_26
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I would do that in a heartbeat

pauls931
02-07-2009, 01:23 PM
bring back dantoni and it might work. Porter/Kerr would figure a way to f'it up...

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
bring back dantoni and it might work. Porter/Kerr would figure a way to f'it up...

D'Antoni wouldn't play Chandler because he hasn't the skillset to flourish within his SSOL system. Run AND shoot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
D'Antoni wouldn't play Chandler because he hasn't the skillset to flourish within his SSOL system. Run AND shoot.

Agreed on that.

This is a horrible trade idea for the Suns, Phoenix is 2-5 w/o Shaq this season and that's because of his offense, not his defense.

Amare is bitching about Shaq clogging the lane, and Chandler is a huge lane clogger on offense considering the fact he can't make shots outside 5 feet.

I hope they trade Shaq for garbage like this for several reasons:

1) All the idiots blaming Shaq as the newest reason why Amare is under achieving would see that's not true.
2)They would be so bad it wouldn't be a question as to whether or not they are still a contender, and it would lock up a top 10 pick this year.
3) The new excuse Amare homers make for Amare is sure to be equally hilarious and assonine.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 03:00 PM

Yeah seriously.....D'antoni was such a great coach last year.....the 6th seed and less playoff wins than the Atlanta Hawks......god I miss the 2007-2008 Suns.

JMarkJohns
02-07-2009, 03:24 PM
This team is too flawed to fix with just one trade.

I'd held out hope that Brand would be healthy and then the Suns and 76ers could swap Amare/Nash for Brand/Miller... Nash and Amare fit better within the running style of Philly while Brand and Miller bring defense and halfcourt know-how to the Shaq/Hill-led halfcourt offense of the Suns. Too bad Brand had to be done for the year, and at this point, I'm not sure I'd make an Amare for Brand trade with Brand's recent inability to even stay on the floor.