PDA

View Full Version : Chandler trade likely ...

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
sons I do not approve of this ....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/11348284

Feb 7
New Orleans: Reports that Chandler could be available are well-founded. The current rumored destination -- Miami, in exchange for Shawn Marion -- makes the most sense. Though the Hornets are under the luxury tax, they are over budget and will be looking to move a big-ticket player -- Chandler, Stojakovic, Peterson or perhaps even James Posey, a luxury that ownership might soon realize it couldn't afford. "They're gonna dump somebody because they're broke," one rival exec said.

Marion is perfect because his $17.2 million contract expires after the season. The Hornets are down on Chandler, but a swap for Marion could be complicated by the same factors that have scuttled (for now) a deal with Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal: Marion is looking for a long-term home and is indicating that he wants an extension from the team that acquires him, according to a source.

One other factor to consider: Though Chris Paul's groin injury isn't believed to be serious, everybody knows the Hornets are going nowhere without him. So if there's a chance the injury could hinder him for the rest of the season, it could accelerate New Orleans' cost-cutting efforts considerably.

IronMexican
02-07-2009, 10:12 AM
This would be dumb.

FreeMason
02-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Wow. Chandler + Paul is a huge annoyance for Spurs.

SenorSpur
02-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Why the hell would the Hornets deliberately torpedo their title-contending hopes?

JamStone
02-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Why the hell would the Hornets deliberately torpedo their title-contending hopes?

They don't think they have very good title contending hopes.

And they are losing money and need to cut costs immediately.

jack sommerset
02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
:lol I don't think they are going to win any title soon.

exstatic
02-07-2009, 11:46 AM

They're a smaller, poorer market than SA. Appreciate the ownership and management that you have in place.

JamStone
02-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Seattle Superhornets.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
They're a smaller, poorer market than SA. Appreciate the ownership and management that you have in place.

indeed son the smaller market was an issue whenever the team was piss poor years ago and the whole Katrina / OKC mess .... but we are okay now and averaging about 17,000 per game. not to mention leading the NBA in new season ticket holders this year. so the problem really isn't that they can't afford it due to reasons like that ... the main problem is Peja's ridiculous contract is going to force the Hornets to TRY and move him or Chandler. Paul will be making top dollar starting next season and just like most NBA teams, they will not be able to afford 3 HUGE contracts. at the time of the Peja signing, we were desperate for a clutch 3 point shooter and the Hornets over paid to get Peja. now that he is in the final highest paying years of the contract, it is biting them in the ass.

exstatic
02-07-2009, 12:13 PM
indeed son the smaller market was an issue whenever the team was piss poor years ago and the whole Katrina / OKC mess .... but we are okay now and averaging about 17,000 per game. not to mention leading the NBA in new season ticket holders this year. so the problem really isn't that they can't afford it due to reasons like that ... the main problem is Peja's ridiculous contract is going to force the Hornets to TRY and move him or Chandler. Paul will be making top dollar starting next season and just like most NBA teams, they will not be able to afford 3 HUGE contracts. at the time of the Peja signing, we were desperate for a clutch 3 point shooter and the Hornets over paid to get Peja. now that he is in the final highest paying years of the contract, it is biting them in the ass.

17000 in the regular seats really doesn't mean much, dollar-wise to the team. The variable that makes a team profitable or not is corporate sponsorship and luxbox sales. Everyone, except the four former ABA teams, gets the same cut of TV money, so the other revenue streams are what differentiates the spending of one team over another.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 12:21 PM
17000 in the regular seats really doesn't mean much, dollar-wise to the team. The variable that makes a team profitable or not is corporate sponsorship and luxbox sales. Everyone, except the four former ABA teams, gets the same cut of TV money, so the other revenue streams are what differentiates the spending of one team over another.

true ... but suite sales are fine as well and they have just as many corporate sponsors as any other team. I honestly think its just what I mentioned above with Peja's contract. mix his big contract in with Paul's, Chandler's, and West getting a raise after next year (since he is considered "untouchable") ..... I think they are just looking towards the future and trying to clear up space now.

Ditty
02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
hilton armstrong would be murdered by tim duncan

JamStone
02-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Peja's contract, while definitely big, is not the type of cumbersome contract that should force a team to trade a young guy like Tyson Chandler. The team has to be losing money.

td4mvp21
02-07-2009, 01:14 PM
This would pretty much screw them against the Spurs and even more so against the Lakers.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Peja's contract, while definitely big, is not the type of cumbersome contract that should force a team to trade a young guy like Tyson Chandler. The team has to be losing money.

well rumor has it that ownership is not happy with Chandlers lack of offense and rebounding this season.

Findog
02-07-2009, 01:50 PM
:lmao

Hope you enjoyed your one year of relevance, Hornets fans. Told you the League has no viable future in New Orleans. They'll leave New Orleans someday.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 01:52 PM
:lmao

Hope you enjoyed your one year of relevance, Hornets fans. Told you the League has no viable future in New Orleans. They'll leave New Orleans someday.

son keep on talking you little bitch you .... you are nothing more than a small cum bubble. how bout them Mavs?

Trainwreck2100
02-07-2009, 01:59 PM
son keep on talking you little bitch you .... you are nothing more than a small cum bubble. how bout them Mavs?

Say what you want about the Mavs but t5he truth is, when they trade to fuck up their franchise, it's not a money thing.

Findog
02-07-2009, 02:01 PM
how bout them Mavs?

Mark Cuban will always spend money to keep his team competitive.

I can't wait to see Chris Paul wearing a green and gold Seattle SuperSonics uniform in 2014.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Findog what is your beef with smaller market teams son? is your ass still sore from the beat downs the Hornets have put on your Mavs in the playoffs and this season? you are always ragging on New Orleans, cracking Katrina jokes, and turning the other cheek whenever the facts come out about the fan support for the Hornets. Since you find the need to hate on New Orleans .... look at the New Orleans Saints for example ... they have been a bullshit team since the 70's (with the exception of a few years), yet they still sellout every game and have a 20,000-30,000 person waiting list for season tickets. The Hornets took a little longer than expected to gain strong fan support there is no doubting that .... but in fairness, they never put a half ass decent team on the court until the last 2-3 years and our team was relocated for over a season. so it took a little longer than expected to build a strong fan base for them ... so what? Now we have 11,000 season ticket holders and are averaging nearly a sellout every single game in a city that has a metro area of just 1 million people.

what I want to know is why do you find the need to constantly make Katrina jokes and rag on the teams future in New Orleans? are you not paying attention to our attendance since midway through last season? you do realize that Shinn is about to lock the Hornets into a new deal with the state that will keep them in New Orleans for another 10 years? It sure is easy for you to run your mouth whenever you are supporting a team owned by a celebrity billionaire in a city with a metro area of 6 million people (6 times the amount of people we have).

Findog
02-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Findog what is your beef with smaller market teams son? is your ass still sore from the beat downs the Hornets have put on your Mavs in the playoffs and this season? you are always ragging on New Orleans, cracking Katrina jokes, and turning the other cheek whenever the facts come out about the fan support for the Hornets. Since you find the need to hate on New Orleans .... look at the New Orleans Saints for example ... they have been a bullshit team since the 70's (with the exception of a few years), yet they still sellout every game and have a 20,000-30,000 person waiting list for season tickets. The Hornets took a little longer than expected to gain strong fan support there is no doubting that .... but in fairness, they never put a half ass decent team on the court until the last 2-3 years and our team was relocated for over a season. so it took a little longer than expected to build a strong fan base for them ... so what? Now we have 11,000 season ticket holders and are averaging nearly a sellout every single game in a city that has a metro area of just 1 million people.

what I want to know is why do you find the need to constantly make Katrina jokes and rag on the teams future in New Orleans? are you not paying attention to our attendance since midway through last season? you do realize that Shinn is about to lock the Hornets into a new deal with the state that will keep them in New Orleans for another 10 years? It sure is easy for you to run your mouth whenever you are supporting a team owned by a celebrity billionaire in a city with a metro area of 6 million people (6 times the amount of people we have).

Shut the fuck up asshole. I've never made a Katrina joke. Ever. Find the post where I did or kindly shut the fuck up. Forever preferably.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
oh and another thing Findog ... trading Chandler would not "fuck up our franchise". I wouldn't necessarily like the trade because I am a Chandler homer .... but you act as if we are losing Chris Paul.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Shut the fuck up asshole. I've never made a Katrina joke. Ever. Find the post where I did or kindly shut the fuck up. Forever preferably.

oh fuck you coward. you know damn well what you have said. tell me though bitch ... what is your beef with N.O. that you find the need to talk shit in every post? you talk a big game behind that keyboard little man.

Findog
02-07-2009, 02:26 PM
oh fuck you coward. you know damn well what you have said. tell me though bitch ... what is your beef with N.O. that you find the need to talk shit in every post? you talk a big game behind that keyboard little man.

You're a cowardly liar. You know how to use the search function, right? Put up or shut up. You can't do it because those posts don't exist.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 02:37 PM
You're a cowardly liar. You know how to use the search function, right? Put up or shut up. You can't do it because those posts don't exist.

son I will give you props. you are not one of the MANY Mavericks fans on here who have cracked Katrina jokes. I searched and you were not on the list (or at least the ones I briefly looked over). so my bad for accusing you of that, but in fairness, with you mavs fans its hard to tell the difference.

however with that said ... you are still a bitch. EVERY thread I searched by you about New Orleans has you talking shit about the city .... one in particular is pretty funny. you start talking your usual shit about there being no "long term" future for the Hornets in New Orleans and of all people, Laker fans started throwing facts in your face about attendance and Shinn renewing his contract with the state. you got owned over and over by them until you eventually quit posting lol.

BUMP
02-07-2009, 02:38 PM

you idiot, ive been here a lot longer than you, nobody here is constantly making Katrina jokes. i guess it just now hit you that your best season ever = beating the Mavs and losing in the 2nd round.

congratulations:clap

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 02:39 PM
sons for you viewing pleasure .... here is the classic Hornets/Mavs thread that findog repeatedly got owned in (nothing new there). even Cavs fans took their turn LOL ...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108514&highlight=katrina

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 02:40 PM
you idiot, ive been here a lot longer than you, nobody here is constantly making Katrina jokes. i guess it just now hit you that your best season ever = beating the Mavs and losing in the 2nd round.

congratulations:clap

lol good try lurker. do you need me to look up every post about Katrina? at least once a week someone is making fun of it as a cheap shot with the Hornets. are you blind son?

Pelicans78
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Screw you Findog, you know you're an a-hole.

Findog
02-07-2009, 02:45 PM
sons for you viewing pleasure .... here is the classic Hornets/Mavs thread that findog repeatedly got owned in (nothing new there). even Cavs fans took their turn LOL ...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108514&highlight=katrina

Where are the Katrina jokes, dumbass? You don't get to make lazy accusations like that and not get called on your bullshti.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Where are the Katrina jokes, dumbass? You don't get to make lazy accusations like that and not get called on your bullshti.

findog come on son ... are you really this damn slow? I already told you about the Katrina comment. read the above jackass!!! lazy!!!

BUMP
02-07-2009, 02:52 PM
lol good try lurker. do you need me to look up every post about Katrina? at least once a week someone is making fun of it as a cheap shot with the Hornets. are you blind son?

:lol

Findog
02-07-2009, 02:56 PM
findog come on son ... are you really this damn slow? I already told you about the Katrina comment. read the above jackass!!! lazy!!!

Where are the Katrina jokes, dumbass? They're not present in the link you provided. You don't get to make lazy accusations without being called on your bullshit.

Findog
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
BRHornets is about to unleash some epic self-ownage. Still waiting for those Katrina jokes links. Don't paint me with the same brush as somebody else. Own your words. Own your accusations. I've said a lot of things, but making fun of Katrina is not among them. Put up or shut up.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 03:00 PM
findog can you not read??? look at the first paragraph of the post from earlier that I already told you to read. I jumped to conclusions with you about Katrina jokes. I already admitted that you moron. it is very easy to get you mixed up with the other maverick dipshits who make fun of Katrina. in case you still have trouble ... here it is for you

son I will give you props. you are not one of the MANY Mavericks fans on here who have cracked Katrina jokes. I searched and you were not on the list (or at least the ones I briefly looked over). so my bad for accusing you of that, but in fairness, with you mavs fans its hard to tell the difference.

however with that said ... you are still a bitch. EVERY thread I searched by you about New Orleans has you talking shit about the city .... one in particular is pretty funny. you start talking your usual shit about there being no "long term" future for the Hornets in New Orleans and of all people, Laker fans started throwing facts in your face about attendance and Shinn renewing his contract with the state. you got owned over and over by them until you eventually quit posting lol.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
BRHornets is about to unleash some epic self-ownage. Still waiting for those Katrina jokes links. Don't paint me with the same brush as somebody else. Own your words. Own your accusations. I've said a lot of things, but making fun of Katrina is not among them. Put up or shut up.

son are you that fucking stupid??? READ AND COMPREHEND BEFORE YOU POST! LOOK!!! OPEN YOUR EYES ASSCLOWN!!!! LMAO

Findog
02-07-2009, 03:02 PM
findog can you not read??? look at the first paragraph of the post from earlier that I already told you to read. I jumped to conclusions with you about Katrina jokes. I already admitted that you moron. it is very easy to get you mixed up with the other maverick dipshits who make fun of Katrina. in case you still have trouble ... here it is for you

Sorry, scrolled past it. I've been using chrome and it renders content differently. My apologies. Props on the correction.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I haven't seen many on Spurstalk, if any non-troll fans who have even mentioned Katrina, except as a fact that it happened, BRH45.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry, scrolled past it. I've been using chrome and it renders content differently. My apologies. Props on the correction.

son it is ok but this is the internetz and it is seriuz biznezz. god bless

Findog
02-07-2009, 03:07 PM

I honestly don't care about the Hornets or the city of New Orleans. It's my opinion that the state has such pressing fiscal priorities that they will not be able to keep an NBA team long-term. Teams can get out of leases, see Seattle. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and the Hornets will still be there 10 years from now, but I doubt it. If I poke you with a stick, it's because you're an asshole, not because you're a Hornets fan or I have something against your city. I'll needle Indazone but leave The Franchise or Matchman alone. I have no problems with IronMexican or Lakers_55 but I'll give Dazed and Confused and 21 Palins shit all day long.

It's not about the team you root for, it's that you're a shitty poster. Correct that and we might start to get along.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I haven't seen many on Spurstalk, if any non-troll fans who have even mentioned Katrina, except as a fact that it happened, BRH45.

alright son. since you seem to over look the jokes about katrina .... I will make a post just for you. look for it soon. I will search for em ... oh and by the way, when do I bring up Katrina? the only time I talk about it is whenever we are discussing their past problems.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I honestly don't care about the Hornets or the city of New Orleans. It's my opinion that the state has such pressing fiscal priorities that they will not be able to keep an NBA team long-term. Teams can get out of leases, see Seattle. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and the Hornets will still be there 10 years from now, but I doubt it. If I poke you with a stick, it's because you're an asshole, not because you're a Hornets fan or I have something against your city. I'll needle Indazone but leave The Franchise or Matchman alone. I have no problems with IronMexican or Lakers_55 but I'll give Dazed and Confused and 21 Palins shit all day long.

It's not about the team you root for, it's that you're a shitty poster. Correct that and we might start to get along.

I am shitty poster, yet you have been called an asshole on a daily basis. hate me all you want son, but I would rather be known as a shitty poster (by someone like YOU) than a class A douch bag which you are.

Findog
02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I am shitty poster, yet you have been called an asshole on a daily basis. hate me all you want son, but I would rather be known as a shitty poster (by someone like YOU) than a class A douch bag which you are.

God bless you, sons.

Biggems
02-07-2009, 03:16 PM

A wing is so much easier to find than a big....keep Chandler and say bye to Peja

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Chandler is a scrub, I don't see why people think he's good.

If the Hornets don't think they can win it all this year (they can't), then they should save $

NIH
02-07-2009, 05:03 PM

Since the Hornets have a fairly new building and a decently long lease, I don't see how the state's fiscal matters will affect the team.

Biggems
02-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Chandler is a scrub, I don't see why people think he's good.

If the Hornets don't think they can win it all this year (they can't), then they should save $

When he is healthy, he is a very good on the defensive end. Offensively, he is average at best.

His value comes from rebounding, blocking, and altering shots.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 05:18 PM
God bless you, sons.

god bless son

FreeMason
If Findog were a Hornets fan, he'd be demanding his daddy Obama subsidize the organization.

I guess rich whitey isn't so bad when he is running your team.

BRHornet45
A wing is so much easier to find than a big....keep Chandler and say bye to Peja

I agree son ... I hope they keep Chandler

Purple & Gold
02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
This would be a great trade for the Lakers

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 05:21 PM
When he is healthy, he is a very good on the defensive end. Offensively, he is average at best.

His value comes from rebounding, blocking, and altering shots.

EXACTLY ... Chandler is not going to be an offensive threat. that isn't why he is out there. his defense and rebounding is why he is there and occasionally he will surprise us with some extra offense other than the lob from CP3. the problem with Chandler is he doesn't seem motivated every game this year like he was last year. I don't know whats up with that, but in the last 4 games before his injury he seemed to have gotten his groove back and was averaging a double double all 4 games. We need his numbers from last year ... 12 points, 11 rebounds per game. not 8 and 8

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 05:22 PM
If Findog were a Hornets fan, he'd be demanding his daddy Obama subsidize the organization.

I guess rich whitey isn't so bad when he is running your team.

LMAO

iggypop123
02-07-2009, 06:30 PM
cant dump peja so they are trying chandler. salary reasons

Biggems
02-07-2009, 07:40 PM
I think it is so stupid that all these teams overpay for players....then trade them cause they dont like the contract.

even dumber.....a team trades for a player whose contract they dont like, and then they turn around and trade that player to someone else just to free themselves of the contractual burden.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I think it is so stupid that all these teams overpay for players....then trade them cause they dont like the contract.

even dumber.....a team trades for a player whose contract they dont like, and then they turn around and trade that player to someone else just to free themselves of the contractual burden.

I agree son ... but then again, its stupid how much MOST of these players are making to begin with.

Spurs Brazil
02-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Are The Hornets In Financial Trouble?

Hornets center Tyson Chandler has been mentioned in trade rumors, and a source told CBS Sports that the team is likely to shed some of their long-term salaries.

"They're gonna dump somebody because they're broke," one rival exec said.

Chandler's name has been linked to the Heat, in a trade involving Shawn Marion, which would make sense for the Hornets because of Marion's expiring contract.

New Orleans is under the luxury tax threshold, but are considered to be over-budget and could look to move Chandler, Peja Stojakovic, Morris Peterson or even James Posey.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57086/20090207/are_the_hornets_in_financial_trouble/

itzsoweezee
02-07-2009, 09:18 PM
why the hell would they keep stojacobitch and trade away a very effective center? if the hornets do this, they're morons and will never get past the first round.

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Again, Chandler is a FUCKING scrub.

Pelicans78
02-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I would keep Peja and Chandler and trade West instead.

Killakobe81
02-07-2009, 10:45 PM
They don't think they have very good title contending hopes.

And they are losing money and need to cut costs immediately.

they are NOT title contenders they shot their load early last year and couldnt close out the Spurs ... no way they can beat the Lakers so if they cant beat either of those 2 in a series why not cut payroll and build around CP3?!

exstatic
02-07-2009, 10:50 PM
why the hell would they keep stojacobitch and trade away a very effective center? if the hornets do this, they're morons and will never get past the first round.

Because they have to dump a contract, and effective centers have a much larger demand than overpaid injured jumpshooting forwards. They would rather trade Peja, but there is no demand.

Darkwaters
02-08-2009, 04:46 AM
We all knew that the Hornets would hit problems when they repatriated to New Orleans from OKC. They signed Peja to that massive deal after the first OKC year (arguably because they were actually making money in Oklahoma and thought they would be allowed to stay) and we all knew Peja would break their back financially. Everyone saw this coming though. New Orleans was a small market pre-Katrina, and now it's considerably smaller. They have done well with their Suite sales and corporate sponsorships, but obviously things aren't working out.

It's a shame, but they should have never left OKC. Then the Seattle fans would still have their team and you wouldn't have to evict the Bees...again.

I guess a bailout bill would be in order here, huh?

Pelicans78
02-08-2009, 09:20 AM
We all knew that the Hornets would hit problems when they repatriated to New Orleans from OKC. They signed Peja to that massive deal after the first OKC year (arguably because they were actually making money in Oklahoma and thought they would be allowed to stay) and we all knew Peja would break their back financially. Everyone saw this coming though. New Orleans was a small market pre-Katrina, and now it's considerably smaller. They have done well with their Suite sales and corporate sponsorships, but obviously things aren't working out.

It's a shame, but they should have never left OKC. Then the Seattle fans would still have their team and you wouldn't have to evict the Bees...again.

We actually made money last season, especially from the playoffs. The big reason ownership doesn't think we're gonna make a deep run into the playoffs this season, plus the fact that CP3's contract is going to increase to the max next season. That leaves us with 4 guys making 10+ million in Chandler, Peja, West, and Paul. Thrown in Posey's 6 milllion and everyone else.

Also, alot of our fans come from Baton Rouge where most of the population went after the hurricane. They make the drive to New Orleans. We sell out most games, and the private suites as well. The team's not in financial trouble. They don't think its worth paying so much for a team that probably can't contend for the championship.

BRHornet45
02-08-2009, 09:34 AM

son please get your facts straight. New Orleans is not broke. they are just a small market team. last year the team made profit and this year they will make even more and just as much (if not more) than any other NBA team. they are far from "broke". they are selling out damn near every game, suite sales, corporate sponsors, etc. .... they are just a small market team and cannot afford huge long term salaries from 3-4 players. Chris Paul will be making NBA top dollar next season, Peja making 15 million, Tyson around 12 million, and David West will want a big raise after next year.

They are simply just trying to unload a long term contract to make room for a possible big free agent signing in 2010. they know that Peja and Tyson are replaceable and are looking to unload one of them (although in my opinion I wish they would trade West). if they were broke, then why are we hearing rumors about them trading Chandler for someone like Marion who is making like $17 million this year? Take a look at a team like Orlando for example ... they about as small as us. do you see them signing 3 or 4 guys to huge long term deals? no because they can't afford to do that like MOST NBA teams.

Darkwaters
02-08-2009, 09:38 AM
We actually made money last season, especially from the playoffs. The big reason ownership doesn't think we're gonna make a deep run into the playoffs this season, plus the fact that CP3's contract is going to increase to the max next season. That leaves us with 4 guys making 10+ million in Chandler, Peja, West, and Paul. Thrown in Posey's 6 milllion and everyone else.

Also, alot of our fans come from Baton Rouge where most of the population went after the hurricane. They make the drive to New Orleans. We sell out most games, and the private suites as well. The team's not in financial trouble. They don't think its worth paying so much for a team that probably can't contend for the championship.

I hate to say it but I'm not sure I'm just going to take you at your word on that one. The team performed very well last year, and with a nice run in the playoffs they got several more opportunities to sell tickets.

However, I also remember reports of thousands of tickets being handed out for free early in the season to get people in the seats. Not exactly a "sell-out" if the seats weren't actually sold.

But thats neither here nor there. Nobody other than the people involved can attest to their financial strength. But I think it's a strong possibility that they're hurting more than you think.

Darkwaters
02-08-2009, 09:45 AM
son please get your facts straight. New Orleans is not broke. they are just a small market team. last year the team made profit and this year they will make even more and just as much (if not more) than any other NBA team. they are far from "broke". they are selling out damn near every game, suite sales, corporate sponsors, etc. .... they are just a small market team and cannot afford huge long term salaries from 3-4 players. Chris Paul will be making NBA top dollar next season, Peja making 15 million, Tyson around 12 million, and David West will want a big raise after next year.

They are simply just trying to unload a long term contract to make room for a possible big free agent signing in 2010. they know that Peja and Tyson are replaceable and are looking to unload one of them (although in my opinion I wish they would trade West). if they were broke, then why are we hearing rumors about them trading Chandler for someone like Marion who is making like $17 million this year? Take a look at a team like Orlando for example ... they about as small as us. do you see them signing 3 or 4 guys to huge long term deals? no because they can't afford to do that like MOST NBA teams.

:lol So they just all of a sudden realized "crap, our payroll is going to get ridiculous here pretty soon. We should do something about that" and opened their guys up to auction? They should join congress, they'd fit right in. No, I'm not sure that makes any sense. They would have realized this was a problem a while ago. Posey doesn't seem to make much sense as a signing then. Not for 6M. Not with all these contracts coming due.

I should get all my facts straight? You act as though you have them all. For some reason I doubt all their dirty laundry is out in the open.

Pelicans78
02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
I hate to say it but I'm not sure I'm just going to take you at your word on that one. The team performed very well last year, and with a nice run in the playoffs they got several more opportunities to sell tickets.

However, I also remember reports of thousands of tickets being handed out for free early in the season to get people in the seats. Not exactly a "sell-out" if the seats weren't actually sold.

But thats neither here nor there. Nobody other than the people involved can attest to their financial strength. But I think it's a strong possibility that they're hurting more than you think.

If they were in financial trouble, why would they outbid Boston for Posey? They felt they had a legitimate chance to win a championship. However, this season hasn't gone as expected so they're trying something else. I haven't read any reports in local paper about the Hornets financial troubles. They made money in Oklahoma for two seasons, made money last season in New Orleans, made money from last season's All-Star game and are doing well this season in attendance. This is basically a team saying we're not good enough to win a championship so lets shed some payroll. I agree with 45 about trading West instead of anyone else. I would trade Posey as well.

BRHornet45
02-08-2009, 10:33 AM
:lol So they just all of a sudden realized "crap, our payroll is going to get ridiculous here pretty soon. We should do something about that" and opened their guys up to auction? They should join congress, they'd fit right in. No, I'm not sure that makes any sense. They would have realized this was a problem a while ago. Posey doesn't seem to make much sense as a signing then. Not for 6M. Not with all these contracts coming due.

I should get all my facts straight? You act as though you have them all. For some reason I doubt all their dirty laundry is out in the open.

no son its just that SOME of you on here look for ANY reason to hate on New Orleans. how is a team that is MAKING PROFIT broke? the Peja signing was a mistake and they are now realizing that. the dude is gonna be making like 15 million ... he isn't worth half of that, but at the time the Hornets were desperate for a 3 point shooter so they over paid for him. now that Paul is making big money (which at the time he wasn't), Tyson in the big money years of his contract, and David West due for a big raise soon .... they are looking to move one of them to make room for another signing in 2010. its basic GM work man. every team does it. you act as if New Orleans is the ONLY team looking to move a big contract around lol. also, it wouldn't surprise me if they keep all of them and move someone like Morris Peterson.

BRHornet45
02-08-2009, 10:37 AM
If they were in financial trouble, why would they outbid Boston for Posey? They felt they had a legitimate chance to win a championship. However, this season hasn't gone as expected so they're trying something else. I haven't read any reports in local paper about the Hornets financial troubles. They made money in Oklahoma for two seasons, made money last season in New Orleans, made money from last season's All-Star game and are doing well this season in attendance. This is basically a team saying we're not good enough to win a championship so lets shed some payroll. I agree with 45 about trading West instead of anyone else. I would trade Posey as well.

son its not even worth arguing with some of these clowns anymore. they are simply just hell bent on hating on the Hornets whenever they know next to nothing about the situation. sure the Hornets took some time to build a good fan base in New Orleans, but times have changed and they are here to stay. Shinn is going to be renewing his contract with the state any month now to keep the team in New Orleans for another 10 years. the organization is making money, the team is doing well, and the fan base is steadily growing selling out the majority of home games. some people just want to hate ... thats all there is to it.