PDA

View Full Version : AROD is a Tool (Juicer)...Allegedly

Kermit
02-07-2009, 10:45 AM
In 2003 per ESPN. So much for that Arod is clean bullshit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3890785

djohn14
02-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Arod is a complete prick. He used to be one of my favorite players....but damn hes a prick.

IronMexican
02-07-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd rather have him have the All-time HR record than Barroid.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 12:26 PM
like this is a surprise? 90% of MLB star power hitters have juiced at one point or another ... its just a matter of time before all of the big name hitters get exposed. Pujols should be next ....

Kermit
02-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I'd rather have him have the All-time HR record than Barroid.

Aroid. Has a nice ring to it.

Whisky Dog
02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
This is a surprise to anyone? Aroid's head has gotten almost as big as Barroid's. His mind has gone into a steroid mush evidenced by him banging Madonna's old ugly ass. This was pretty obvious.

BRHornet45
02-07-2009, 01:39 PM
sons its to the point where anyone who hits more than 30 home runs in a season is questionable.

djohn14
02-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Not CHIPPER JONES!

dbreiden83080
02-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Considering A-Rod hit 50 plus HR's just 2 years ago, with the Yanks, having taken all the tests and passed, i seriously question this. This happened 6 years ago and we are just hearing about it now. I don't know about, this one.. Most of these sluggers that took steroids, one off them totally fell apart. A-Rod is the same player today he was 7 or 8 years ago.. Of course though everyone will throw him under the bus, since he has so many haters..

djohn14
02-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Considering A-Rod hit 50 plus HR's just 2 years ago, with the Yanks, having taken all the tests and passed, i seriously question this. This happened 6 years ago and we are just hearing about it now. I don't know about, this one.. Most of these sluggers that took steroids, one off them totally fell apart. A-Rod is the same player today he was 7 or 8 years ago.. Of course though everyone will throw him under the bus, since he has so many haters..

You dont think that the league would try to protect one of their best players?

dbreiden83080
02-07-2009, 03:37 PM
You dont think that the league would try to protect one of their best players?

I just think there is a lot we don't know here, i mean this is right out of the article..

"Information and documents relating to the results of the 2003 MLB testing program are both confidential and under seal by court orders. We are prohibited from confirming or denying any allegation about the test results of any particular player[s] by the collective bargaining agreement and by court orders. Anyone with knowledge of such documents who discloses their contents may be in violation of those court orders."

So who ratted A-Rod out here and how do we know for sure it is the truth?? I just heard a radio interview, from a player who was part of that testing process and he said "He was assured it was 100% anonymous and was never told, was his result was" So i don't know for sure what to make of this.. Someone said something but it is awful hard for A-Rod to defend something that happened 6 years ago..

djohn14
02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I see what your saying. This is something I hate about baseball. If you fail a drug test, your name should be thrown out to the public.

greenroom
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM

So do you think the same thing about Barry Bonds?? Since he is being killed for the same stuff and the same time?

dbreiden83080
02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
So do you think the same thing about Barry Bonds?? Since he is being killed for the same stuff and the same time?

I think it is clear Bonds took roids and it elevated him from being a great player to a legendary one. A-Rod, well if he took them he didn't need them. A-Rod has passed every steroid test he has taken since 2004 and he has won 2 MVP's with the Yanks. Hit 54 HR's 2 seasons ago.. Some of these guys fell to pieces after they stopped taking them. A-Rod is the same player.. So i don't know 100% what to make of this, i want more info.

greenroom
02-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I think it is clear Bonds took roids and it elevated him from being a great player to a legendary one. A-Rod, well if he took them he didn't need them. A-Rod has passed every steroid test he has taken since 2004 and he has won 2 MVP's with the Yanks. Hit 54 HR's 2 seasons ago.. Some of these guys fell to pieces after they stopped taking them. A-Rod is the same player.. So i don't know 100% what to make of this, i want more info.

Neither Bonds or Arod needed to take the roids. Bonds, Clemons and ARoid have all taken the juice. I am also willing to bet that Pujols and other great players have also taken part of the juicing. That is why I find hard to believe that Bonds will not make it into the HOF.

dbreiden83080
02-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Neither Bonds or Arod needed to take the roids. Bonds, Clemons and ARoid have all taken the juice. I am also willing to bet that Pujols and other great players have also taken part of the juicing. That is why I find hard to believe that Bonds will not make it into the HOF.

Well Mcgwire appears to be never getting in the Hall. His congress testimony, just destroyed him. But if A-Rod wins another couple MVP's while continuing to pass drug tests, how do you justify keepinig the man out of the Hall??

Biernutz
02-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Is Jr. the only clean home run hitter in baseball?

greenroom
02-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Well Mcgwire appears to be never getting in the Hall. His congress testimony, just destroyed him. But if A-Rod wins another couple MVP's while continuing to pass drug tests, how do you justify keepinig the man out of the Hall??

He has already tested positive for Roids. I personally think he should but no matter what he does he will never get a break from the media or most fans. You will have fans just like Barry Bonds has that no matter what kind of numbers that he puts up will never be accepted.

K-State Spur
02-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Is Jr. the only clean home run hitter in baseball?

No reason to assume that he is completely clean.

K-State Spur
02-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I just think there is a lot we don't know here, i mean this is right out of the article..

"Information and documents relating to the results of the 2003 MLB testing program are both confidential and under seal by court orders. We are prohibited from confirming or denying any allegation about the test results of any particular player[s] by the collective bargaining agreement and by court orders. Anyone with knowledge of such documents who discloses their contents may be in violation of those court orders."

So who ratted A-Rod out here and how do we know for sure it is the truth?? I just heard a radio interview, from a player who was part of that testing process and he said "He was assured it was 100% anonymous and was never told, was his result was" So i don't know for sure what to make of this.. Someone said something but it is awful hard for A-Rod to defend something that happened 6 years ago..

Who ratted him out is irrelevant. That's between A-Rod, the players union, MLB and (potentially) a court of law.

As fans, all that should matter is whether or not he did them. Evidence obtained illegally or unethically may be thrown out of a trial. But it is completely admissible in the court of public opinion.

A-Fraud it is...

jack sommerset
02-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Another one bites the dust.

Obstructed_View
02-08-2009, 06:52 AM
I love how ESPN reports on someone else's report, and somehow it's a fact now.

Like Jon Lovitz once said playing a reporter on SNL: "When you add two half-truths, you get the whole truth."

jack sommerset
02-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Like Jon Lovitz once said playing a reporter on SNL: "When you add two half-truths, you get the whole truth."

Every media outlet does that. Pretty pathetic.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM

What reason would ESPN have for reporting this? Their entire cash base is from sports. If A-Rod's legacy is torpedoed from this, it's going to hit baseball extremely hard. He is the chosen one, and even I had hopes that he would cleanly break Bonds' record. Baseball might be immune to this stuff now that attendance is skyrocketing, but if it's not, this will do a great deal of harm to the game.

I think it's arguable that even if it doesn't hurt ticket sales as much, it's still another blight on a sport that is full of questionable and tragic superstars.

Extra Stout
02-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Here's a clue, people:

Ordinary human beings do not develop giant swollen heads with protruding, Neanderthal-like brow ridges when they reach their thirties. Nor do they develop huge spongy hands. There are two things that cause that to happen: 1) a pituitary tumor that causes the body to produce too much human growth hormone, or 2) illicitly taking human growth hormone as a performance-enhancing drug.

K-State Spur
02-08-2009, 02:17 PM
What reason would ESPN have for reporting this? Their entire cash base is from sports. If A-Rod's legacy is torpedoed from this, it's going to hit baseball extremely hard. He is the chosen one, and even I had hopes that he would cleanly break Bonds' record. Baseball might be immune to this stuff now that attendance is skyrocketing, but if it's not, this will do a great deal of harm to the game.

I think it's arguable that even if it doesn't hurt ticket sales as much, it's still another blight on a sport that is full of questionable and tragic superstars.

That was really baseball's last chance at getting its records back. The one thing it really had going for it compared to other sports was meaningful, comparable, and memorable records. No sport has the stat geeks that baseball has.

As it is, those records have lost all meaning except with a token few. By the time the next generation comes along, they'll be all but gone.

Sure, people might get into it while it's happening, like they did with Manning/Brady's TD pass record. But the aura will fade just as quickly.

jack sommerset
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
These players justify it because "everyone else does it" and they get paid a fuck load of cash. Might look like crap to us but the friends and family of these players will support them.

Biernutz
02-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Before 2002,

MLB had no official policy on steroid use among players. As part of a collective bargaining agreement, players and owners agree to hold survey testing in 2003. If more than 5% of results from the anonymous tests are positive, formal testing and penalties will be put into place the next year.

• Baseball announces after the season that 5% to 7% of test results were positive, triggering the new policy in 2004.

A-Roid was one who tested positive. No penalty for using till 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_drug_policy

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/legendary/steroids_baseball.shtml

whottt
02-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Disappointing but unsurprising, I won't be surprised to see Pujols get tagged for roids as well. And it's also blatantly obvious that MLB has something to gain to protecting these guys from getting busted...

It's one thing to throw guys like McGwire, Bonds and Palmeiro who are at the end of their careers or out the league, entirely under the bus when people are calling for heads...

Entirely another for them to do it to their present and future with guys like Arod and Pujols...but it's prettyy easy to imagine that in an era when everyone is doing roids, the guys putting up the best numbers, not only of the era, but also in MLB history, are the most likely culprits to be using roids.

As for Griffey Jr...he's never been busted but Griffey Jr is the freaking poster boy for steroids symptoms, I won't be surprised to find out he did them...I'll be surprised to find out he didn't.

He has the freak seasons, the freak injuries, he had the puffy face and packed on some muscle...he also had acne that got worse as he progressed into his 30's
(and his numbers went through the roof)...he has some attitude issues, he has at least one attempted suicide via OD in his past...and he also has a football background.

Jr isn't the last guy I'd suspect of roid usage...outside of McGwire, he'd be the first.

And he has a career path similar to McGwire...only not quite as injury prone.

JudynTX
02-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Not Mr. Pretty Boy?

peewee's lovechild
02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
That was really baseball's last chance at getting its records back. The one thing it really had going for it compared to other sports was meaningful, comparable, and memorable records. No sport has the stat geeks that baseball has.

As it is, those records have lost all meaning except with a token few. By the time the next generation comes along, they'll be all but gone.

Sure, people might get into it while it's happening, like they did with Manning/Brady's TD pass record. But the aura will fade just as quickly.

Who's to say that the records held by previous players weren't tainted to begin with?

Baseball has a long history of cheating. Everyone knows this.

What if Banks, Mays, DiMaggio, Mantle, Marris, etc. were all taking something to give them an edge? Before steriods came around, didn't a lot of baseball players take amphetamines to give them an edge?

All this is bullshit.

Sure, they took steroids and should be called out for it, but to say that there's some kind of sanctity to previous records is bullshit. There's no way to know if previous record holders took something to give them that extra edge.

baseline bum
02-09-2009, 12:25 PM
If you can establish Aaron, Ruth, Mays, etc. cheated, then their records should be tainted. That link is unquestionably established for Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens, etc. I don't blame the players nearly as much as the commissioner who saw this shit happening and let it be swept under the rug because the home run chase took all the heat off him for the strikes.

K-State Spur
02-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Who's to say that the records held by previous players weren't tainted to begin with?

Baseball has a long history of cheating. Everyone knows this.

What if Banks, Mays, DiMaggio, Mantle, Marris, etc. were all taking something to give them an edge? Before steriods came around, didn't a lot of baseball players take amphetamines to give them an edge?

All this is bullshit.

Sure, they took steroids and should be called out for it, but to say that there's some kind of sanctity to previous records is bullshit. There's no way to know if previous record holders took something to give them that extra edge.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we can be blissful in our ignorance of how the records were previously achieved.

But when you get your hand caught in the cookie jar, it can't be ignored or swept under the rug.

peewee's lovechild
02-09-2009, 05:06 PM
In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we can be blissful in our ignorance of how the records were previously achieved.

But when you get your hand caught in the cookie jar, it can't be ignored or swept under the rug.

I'm not saying to ignore it, not at all.

I'm saying that people place too much faith in previous records. Sure, there isn't any evidence, but there is a high probability that those records are tainted as well.

Baseball has a loooooooooong tradition of cheating.