PDA

View Full Version : Lakers trade Radmanovic for Morrison and Brown

neboat
02-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Bobcats send Morrison to Lakers for Radmanovic

CHARLOTTE, N.C. —The Charlotte Bobcats sent struggling forward Adam Morrison and reserve Shannon Brown to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday for forward Vladimir Radmanovic.

The move is the third trade the Bobcats have made this season in a roster shakeup under first-year coach Larry Brown.

Morrison was the third overall pick of the 2006 draft and managing partner Michael Jordan’s first major move since buying into the Bobcats. But Morrison had failed to crack the starting lineup and his minutes had declined under Brown.

Morrison will give the Lakers an outside shooting threat, while the 6-foot-10 Radmanovic gives the Bobcats more depth up front.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArRab0wUrNUyJ0xHtlzr9hm8vLYF?slug=ap-lakers-bobcatstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

Spur-Addict
02-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Nice pick up of Shannon Brown who has been playing well defensively as of late.

Gino
02-07-2009, 03:30 PM
LMAO.

Pure salary dump.

RedsLakers24
02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Lol, Vlad was usless,

BruceBowenFan
02-07-2009, 03:33 PM
They got him for his outside shooting hmmm. I thought vladimir was a better outside shooter oh well.

timvp
02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Vlad has historically played well against the Spurs. Last season he lit up Manu in Game 1.

Good riddance.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
LOL, they trade garbagonovich for the trash 'stach, seems like two equally useless players.

crc21209
LOL FAIL on both sides I think. The Lakers picked up Morrison for outside shooting? Riiiiggghhht. That guy hasnt hit the side of a barn in awhile. He's DONE.

manufor3
02-07-2009, 03:46 PM
good. just another reason to hate morrison...

LA24
02-07-2009, 03:59 PM
LOL FAIL on both sides I think. The Lakers picked up Morrison for outside shooting? Riiiiggghhht. That guy hasnt hit the side of a barn in awhile. He's DONE.

Pure salary dump.

exstatic
02-07-2009, 04:03 PM
They got him for his outside shooting hmmm. I thought vladimir was a better outside shooter oh well.

No team will ever come out and say "we did a pure salary dump".

Adam Morrison: .337 career 3G%

Yeah, what a fucking sniper. :lol

exstatic
02-07-2009, 04:08 PM
The Lakers were only ever going to keep one of Odom or Radman. I guess they chose defense over shooting. Good for SA. Rad was one of the purest shooters and most consistent floor spacers for the Lakers. They had two guys over 40%, Rad(44%) and Fish(43%), and a few guys bunched around 34-36%, average 3 point shooters. Look for teams to fucking collapse the lane on Bynum, Gasol and Kobe.

Universe
02-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Honestly, who is running the Bobcats?

First Diop and now Vlad?

rayray2k8
02-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Um.. Wrong Forum???

2Cleva
02-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Great deal! Now LA can afford to keep LO and Ariza if they choose to. Vlad wasn't playing for LA but now they got a last year and a cheap rookie K player that will be gone soon.

Great salary move.

exstatic
02-07-2009, 04:28 PM

First Diop and now Vlad?

Here's a clue: when he was running the Wizards, he traded Rip Hamilton for Jerry Suckhouse.

ducks
02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Um.. Wrong Forum???
timvp thread he could have moved it
lakers effect spurs

Sausage
02-07-2009, 04:45 PM
hahahahahaha

tav1
02-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Since Brown's arrival, the Cats are doing a pretty good job of remaking themselves.

Most of it is his coaching, but they've brought in better pieces. Radmanovic, for whatever you think of him, is much better than Morrison.

manustarting2gd
02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Vlad has historically played well against the Spurs. Last season he lit up Manu in Game 1.

Good riddance.

+1 Amen, Brotha.

Bender
02-07-2009, 05:28 PM
doesn't Morrison have some sort of handicap?

vander
02-07-2009, 05:31 PM

go to hell :flipoff

Morrison will have a career resurgence with the LAL, doubling, maybe even tripling his PPG :lol :(

now if only they still had Turiaf, that would be cool

Allanon
02-07-2009, 05:40 PM
doesn't Morrison have some sort of handicap?

He's had diabetes since 13.

He regulates his blood sugar levels with a pump.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Here's a clue: when he was running the Wizards, he traded Rip Hamilton for Jerry Suckhouse.

Another clue......people didn't laugh at him when he played....they just laugh at him as a GM.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I see this as good for the spurs. But knowing how everything goes LA's way, watch Morrison start tearing it up Dunleavy style.

02-07-2009, 06:04 PM
i forgot radmanovic was still on that team. morrison is still young and a former lottery pick so the lakers are going for higher risk, higher reward. probably a kwame brown type of risk. this wasn't a salary move since morrison only makes $1 million less per year than rad over the next two years. moving a 44% 3pt shooter is kind of weird for the lakers. you would think they want more of them since only fisher spreads the floor in the starting lineup. out of all the lakers only fisher and vujacic are proven 3 pt shooters.

DMX7
02-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Good god, MJ is the worst ever GM... picked Morrison #3 and now trading him for nothing.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Good god, MJ is the worst ever GM... picked Morrison #3 and now trading him for nothing.

He has a long way to go to catch up with Isiah Thomas for that title

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 06:20 PM

Good riddance.
with a whopping 10 points!...No way!
he averaged 8 ppg that series as a STARTER
Let's take a look at two game against SA this year:
First: 2 points, 2 rebs, 2 assists, 0-4 from 3-point
Second: 0 points, 1 reb, 1 assist, 1 turnover.

Damn, how could we trade this guy?!!!

Slinkyman
02-07-2009, 06:22 PM

To be fair to MJ Morrison was not who he wanted to pick, but since he had only just become GM he trusted the rest of the brass in Charlotte since they had been scouting everyone for a while. Drafting Augustin and stealing away Diaw and Bell from PHX were really good moves.

iggypop123
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
isiah at least drafted well- tmac, chandler, lee etc. mj-kwmay, morrison

K-State Spur
02-07-2009, 06:30 PM

Good riddance.

but the fact that they were able to play him defensively on Manu without getting torched should end any debate by the Laker fans who still argue that Manu wasn't playing on one leg.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 06:41 PM
but the fact that they were able to play him defensively on Manu without getting torched should end any debate by the Laker fans who still argue that Manu wasn't playing on one leg.

I won't doubt that Manu was injured, but LA still won the series 4-1. If we're gonna talk injuries, let's bring up Bynum's absence too...it's a wash--LA still wins

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I won't doubt that Manu was injured, but LA still won the series 4-1. If we're gonna talk injuries, let's bring up Bynum's absence too...it's a wash--LA still wins

Bynum was a 20 point per game All star last year?

Link to that?

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:05 PM
isiah at least drafted well- tmac, chandler, lee etc. mj-kwmay, morrison

Yeah that Renaldo Balkman draft pick was just stellar.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Bynum was a 20 point per game All star last year?

Link to that?

you're blind if you can't see Bynum's impact. His post presence essentially makes Parker and Ginobil jump shooters, taking away those cake lay-ups they get when it's just Pau in there. Once again, all things being equal (both teams fully healthy) they would have been stomped all the same. I just hope we meet again, at full strength, so you guys finally see what you're up against.

Bender
02-07-2009, 07:19 PM
He regulates his blood sugar levels with a pump.
yeah, I thought I remembered something about him. And yet he plays professional sports...
Kind of stupid to "hate" the guy.

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm a troll ignore me.

Got it.

Obstructed_View
02-07-2009, 07:28 PM
LMAO.

Pure salary dump.

By whom?

Def Rowe
02-07-2009, 07:29 PM
YES... YES... YES!

Just get rid of his ass. Space cadet...

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:30 PM
By whom?

I'd say the Lakers.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Got it.

Hate to sound cliche with this line, but you can't handle the truth...so go ahead and put me on ignore if the facts are too much for your fragile psyche:rolleyes

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Hate to sound cliche with this line, but you can't handle the truth...so go ahead and put me on ignore if the facts are too much for your fragile psyche:rolleyes

No I can't handle people that have their heads up their butts and troll other people's teams message boards with mindless drivel that everyone knows isn't true.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 07:42 PM
No I can't handle people that have their heads up their butts and troll other people's teams message boards with mindless drivel that everyone knows isn't true.

OK then...listen carefully: A fully healthy Lakers team beats a fully healthy Spurs team. That's all I'm saying. You'd be hard-pressed to find anybody outside of SA who doesn't agree with that. Do you really deny that? Dude not even Popovich would deny that, which is why he's gonna make a move before the deadline. Case closed, stop bitching about the Manu injury.

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Mmmff mmmfff.

Might wanna yank it out of there soon pal.

exstatic
02-07-2009, 07:44 PM
yeah, I thought I remembered something about him. And yet he plays professional sports...
Kind of stupid to "hate" the guy.

I don't hate on the guy, I just think he's a borderline NBA rotation player, but he was picked #3 overall. Pointing out someone's overratedness isn't hating.

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
He never was thought of as going to be an NBA superstar I don't believe.

Maybe by Dickie V, but other than that retard, no one else.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 07:48 PM

you're pissing into the wind...

vander
02-07-2009, 07:48 PM

recently, you have stood out as being very obnoxiously and aggressively wrong all the time. you should spend less time proclaiming your ignorance.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't hate on the guy, I just think he's a borderline NBA rotation player, but he was picked #3 overall. Pointing out someone's overratedness isn't hating.

I dont love or hate him...hopefully he can knock down a couple 3s here and there...if not, he'll just rot on the bench and be as useless as VladRAD, only cheaper though

EricB
02-07-2009, 07:52 PM
recently, you have stood out as being very obnoxiously and aggressively wrong all the time. you should spend less time proclaiming your ignorance.

You should spend more time minding your own business.

Thanks.

xellos88330
02-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Odd move by the Lakers. I wonder what they could be up to. Pop needs to send his spies in there.

maddnezz
02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
LMAO.

Pure salary dump.
:toast:toast:toast

SpurSupremacist
02-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Good, he was a matchup problem for the Spurs.

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 08:05 PM
lol, matchup problem for the Spurs?

Vladamir Fucking Radmanovic?

He sucks.

Your matchup problems are: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum. Lakers still have plenty of shooters.

Not Vladimir fucking Radmanovic.

This move doesn't make the Lakers better or worse, but saves $ and hence is a good move.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Good, he was a matchup problem for the Spurs.

how so? He averaged 8ppg as a STARTER in the playoff series against SA last year and he's scored a grand total of 2 points in 2 games vs the Spurs this year. He doesn't rebound or defend either. That's a matchup problem?

Russ
02-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Larry Brown is notorious for bad trades so look for a Morrison rebirth (as impossible as that seems).

EricB
02-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Larry Brown is notorious for bad trades so look for a Morrison rebirth (as impossible as that seems).

Eh, Morrison looked like crap before brown showed up.

Rogue
02-07-2009, 08:23 PM
radmanovic's minutes had already been taken by walton and ariza, but he is likely to get some game time on bobcats at least. Lakers traded an abandoned SF for an ugprade on PG and a potential youngster though he is not consistant.

DAF86
02-07-2009, 08:28 PM
radmanovic's minutes had already been taken by walton and ariza, but he is likely to get some game time on bobcats at least. Lakers traded an abandoned SF for an ugprade on PG and a potential youngster though he is not consistant.

Let me guess New Orleans is next.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-07-2009, 08:30 PM

First Diop and now Vlad?

You ignore the big trade though - Diaw and Bell have been a perfect fit forthe Bobcats. This gives them insurance behind Crash Wallace, who tends to get himself hurt, and allows Diaw to go back to the 4. I like this trade for the Cats.

Doesn't help the Lakers at all though. Strange trade for them, and not a salary dump since Morrison and Rad earn about the same, and both have contracts through 2010 (Rad has an option on 2011). Did the Lakers really, really want Shannon Brown??? :lol

2Cleva
02-07-2009, 09:18 PM
You ignore the big trade though - Diaw and Bell have been a perfect fit forthe Bobcats. This gives them insurance behind Crash Wallace, who tends to get himself hurt, and allows Diaw to go back to the 4. I like this trade for the Cats.

Doesn't help the Lakers at all though. Strange trade for them, and not a salary dump since Morrison and Rad earn about the same, and both have contracts through 2010 (Rad has an option on 2011). Did the Lakers really, really want Shannon Brown??? :lol

Do the math. Rad will pickup that option (no one is giving him 6.8 in FA). So thats a year. Do the luxtax and that amount doubles so LA almost saves $14 mil.

What's more - if LA can deal Morrison again for a last year (like to the Bucks for Damon Jones) they have plenty of money to bring back LO and Ariza.

Great move for LA.

SpurSupremacist
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
lol, matchup problem for the Spurs?

Vladamir Fucking Radmanovic?

He sucks.

Your matchup problems are: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum. Lakers still have plenty of shooters.

Not Vladimir fucking Radmanovic.

This move doesn't make the Lakers better or worse, but saves $ and hence is a good move.

Yes, that would allow them to employ a giant front line. This makes them a little smaller. We don't have a hard time guarding the Lakers, we have a hard time with their size, and that's it. Radmanovic is one less 6'9" wing player you have to worry about crashing the glass on a smaller player like Finley.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes, that would allow them to employ a giant front line. This makes them a little smaller. We don't have a hard time guarding the Lakers, we have a hard time with their size, and that's it. Radmanovic is one less 6'9" wing player you have to worry about crashing the glass on a smaller player like Finley.

you didnt have to worry about that when he was still here

Ghazi
02-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I promise you, if the Spurs somehow beat the Lakers in the playoffs it will NOT be due to them losing Vlad fucking Rad.

MarHill
02-07-2009, 09:58 PM
I have to agree with Lakers fans on this one...Radmanovic hit a few shots in the series..but he wasn't the difference that the Spurs fans are making him out to be.

Second, a Laker fan posted that Spurs fans should stop crying about the Manu's injury from last year's WCF.

I have given the Lakers credit for winning the series. But the importance of Manu to the Spurs can't be overstated.

He is the X-Factor for the Spurs. He's the playmaker (and not just scoring) and Mr. Intangible. Without him a full strength....put the Spurs at a big disadvantage.

I know the counter argument...that Bynum was out. Well he was out of that series before it even started and I'm sorry Ariza is a nice player but he isn't the defensive stopper yet at this point in his career.

So Spurs fans (and rightly so)...Manu's injury at that time in the series was a huge difference.

And yes I want both teams to be fully healthy..so this argument can be settled in May!!

:flag:

MarHill
02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I promise you, if the Spurs somehow beat the Lakers in the playoffs it will NOT be due to them losing Vlad fucking Rad.

I would agree with that!!

IronMexican
02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
73-9

MarHill
02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
73-9

Now...Laker fan isn't being realistic!!

C'mon man!! :lol

Ice009
02-07-2009, 10:03 PM

I think last seasons series would have been somewhat fair if Manu was healthy with Bynum out cause I still think that Gasol trade was BS.

Lakers fans really need to stop talking shit after getting the Paul Gasol gift wrapped trade. If the Spurs got Gasol last season for Matt Bonner and other expiring contracts how would you guys feel? You'd be fucking livid so don't go telling me last season was a wash because Bynum was out. I'd also love to have seen what Kobe and Phil Jackson's opinion was if they were the ones stuck in NO at the end of game 7. You guys had a lot of things go right for you last season and you fucked it up in the finals.

IronMexican
02-07-2009, 10:04 PM
It was a joke. This is a good move to free up some cap room to sign Ariza, and possibly Odom. But, my main concern is hoping Kuppy locks up Trevor.

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I have to agree with Lakers fans on this one...Radmanovic hit a few shots in the series..but he wasn't the difference that the Spurs fans are making him out to be.

Second, a Laker fan posted that Spurs fans should stop crying about the Manu's injury from last year's WCF.

I have given the Lakers credit for winning the series. But the importance of Manu to the Spurs can't be overstated.

He is the X-Factor for the Spurs. He's the playmaker (and not just scoring) and Mr. Intangible. Without him a full strength....put the Spurs at a big disadvantage.

I know the counter argument...that Bynum was out. Well he was out of that series before it even started and I'm sorry Ariza is a nice player but he isn't the defensive stopper yet at this point in his career.

So Spurs fans (and rightly so)...Manu's injury at that time in the series was a huge difference.

And yes I want both teams to be fully healthy..so this argument can be settled in May!!

:flag:

That would be me, bud. Trust me I know how valuable he is to the Spurs and I'm not diminishing his contributions...I just dont think you can brush aside the counter-argument as "well, bynum was injured anyway (paraphrasing). Look, injuries happen--it's part of the game, especially at the end of a long season. They both are extremely valuable to their respective teams and lets leave it at that:toast

DeadlyDynasty
02-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I think last seasons series would have been somewhat fair if Manu was healthy with Bynum out cause I still think that Gasol trade was BS.

Lakers fans really need to stop talking shit after getting the Paul Gasol gift wrapped trade. If the Spurs got Gasol last season for Matt Bonner and other expiring contracts how would you guys feel? You'd be fucking livid so don't go telling me last season was a wash because Bynum was out. I'd also love to have seen what Kobe and Phil Jackson's opinion was if they were the ones stuck in NO at the end of game 7. You guys had a lot of things go right for you last season and you fucked it up in the finals.

oh christ are we really gonna go down this road again? how bout tanking the season in 97 to get your franchise hero (and please, don't even attempt to justify how long D-Rob sat). And yes, I would be pissed if you guys got him--but at Memphis. Save your venom for the grizz, we didnt hold a gun to their heads. Fucked it up in the finals? They had the best record in the league all year and proved it in the finals. They exposed our faults like no other team did and we are better this year for that.

MarHill
02-07-2009, 10:28 PM
That would be me, bud. Trust me I know how valuable he is to the Spurs and I'm not diminishing his contributions...I just dont think you can brush aside the counter-argument as "well, bynum was injured anyway (paraphrasing). Look, injuries happen--it's part of the game, especially at the end of a long season. They both are extremely valuable to their respective teams and lets leave it at that:toast

I'm okay with that.

My only point was that Bynum wasn't going to play in that series before it started while Manu played at best as he could.

I'm with you though...I'm tired of arguing about it. I'm looking for to March 12 the last regular season matchup and hopefully they will meet in the WCF.

:toast

Ice009
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
oh christ are we really gonna go down this road again? how bout tanking the season in 97 to get your franchise hero (and please, don't even attempt to justify how long D-Rob sat). And yes, I would be pissed if you guys got him--but at Memphis. Save your venom for the grizz, we didnt hold a gun to their heads. Fucked it up in the finals? They had the best record in the league all year and proved it in the finals. They exposed our faults like no other team did and we are better this year for that.

Well unfortunately for you Pop would agree with me. He pretty much said the trade was BS and there should be a committee for those sort of lop sided trades. Whether or not he still thinks the same thing I don't know.

Look the Lakers are definitely an awesome team this season, but you haven't done anything yet. What I am saying is last season you had a lot of stuff go right for you. Do you not agree with that? I mean with out Gasol you might not have even made it to the finals with Bynum out. You still had a chance to win it, but some of your players didn't play on the same level they did against the Spurs.

wisnub
02-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Time to bring Vinsanity to our rotation...and keep Bonner at the same time

mystargtr34
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Well unfortunately for you Pop would agree with me. He pretty much said the trade was BS and there should be a committee for those sort of lop sided trades. Whether or not he still thinks the same thing I don't know.

Look the Lakers are definitely an awesome team this season, but you haven't done anything yet. What I am saying is last season you had a lot of stuff go right for you. Do you not agree with that? I mean with out Gasol you might not have even made it to the finals with Bynum out. You still had a chance to win it, but some of your players didn't play on the same level they did against the Spurs.

The Finals? Without Pau and Bynum that Laker team doesnt make the playoffs. Without Pau alone, they are probably in the group with Houston, Dallas and Phoenix.

Pau Gasol takes them from being a pretender, to Championship favourites.

Can you imagine the Spurs being gift wrapped a guy like Chris Bosh today? What would that mean for the rest of the NBA.

Ice009
02-08-2009, 12:00 AM
The Finals? Without Pau and Bynum that Laker team doesnt make the playoffs. Without Pau alone, they are probably in the group with Houston, Dallas and Phoenix.

Can you imagine the Spurs being gift wrapped a guy like Chris Bosh today? What would that mean for the rest of the NBA.

I wouldn't be running around taking shit if we were gift wrapped Chris Bosh. I'd try and be humble and say we ripped them off and got a steal.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2009, 12:32 AM

and without that dinner and a movie your mom and dad had, you wouldn't be here today...but guess what?, both scenarios happened. Don't blame LA for accepting a trade that any other NBA team also would've taken in a new york minute. Was it a steal? fuck yeah it was and our GM got it done.

and Ice...what "shit" have I talked? I haven't said anything untrue, and you'd be confident too if your team was dominating the conference

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2009, 12:39 AM
You forget the fact that we just played a tuff 7 game with NO while u guys rested, Bynum is not better than Gasol and for the spurs who had 3 scorers to lose one is fatal.

We should have beat you guys game 1, just ran out of gas. And one game at home we should have won.

Spurs knew without Manu we had no chance so that factored into the 4-1, Had manu be healthy it goes 7.

You guys lost Ronnie T, who played very well against us and is a better Defender and rebounder than Bynum. You guys just traded Vlad, who played well against the spurs and his loss of size will benefit us.

Grab Morrison?? He looks to be a bust, but Im willing to give him 1 more year due to him comming of Knee injury, but he doesnt fit the run game you guys play, he can only play one spot I think for this year its a bad trade for you guys.

If Ian can play, or we grab a big you guys are in trouble. As it stands now, I think who ever has home court will win, but I still think we have an outside shot to win even as the second seed if Bonner shoots well.
you just played a tough game 7 with NO? TOUGH SHIT, IT'S THE PLAYOFFS. If you dont like the draw you had than take care of business in the regular season and get homecourt. LA had more rest because they took care of bizz. Too many woulda coulda shouldas. Hey, we shoulda given the Celts a series but they whooped our asses. Turiaf a better rebounder and defender? Ok, you take Ronny and I'll take drew then...
VladRad had little to no impact. He doesnt rebound or defend. he averaged 8 ppg as a STARTER in the spurs series last year and tallied up a grand total of 2 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists in 2 contests with you this year....NOW THAT'S IMPACT

TheManFromAcme
02-08-2009, 12:50 AM
You forget the fact that we just played a tuff 7 game with NO while u guys rested, Bynum is not better than Gasol and for the spurs who had 3 scorers to lose one is fatal.

We should have beat you guys game 1, just ran out of gas. And one game at home we should have won.

Spurs knew without Manu we had no chance so that factored into the 4-1, Had manu be healthy it goes 7.

You guys lost Ronnie T, who played very well against us and is a better Defender and rebounder than Bynum. You guys just traded Vlad, who played well against the spurs and his loss of size will benefit us.

Grab Morrison?? He looks to be a bust, but Im willing to give him 1 more year due to him comming of Knee injury, but he doesnt fit the run game you guys play, he can only play one spot I think for this year its a bad trade for you guys.

If Ian can play, or we grab a big you guys are in trouble. As it stands now, I think who ever has home court will win, but I still think we have an outside shot to win even as the second seed if Bonner shoots well.

You grab one big and the Lakers are in trouble?:wtf
It's been a while since I've posted in here but dear Lord I had no choice but to interject here. Assume you do land a Rasheed that's "big". Your front line still doesn't match up with the length the Lakers bring. Are we forgetting the overall bench depth here?.....Advantage Lakers. "Long" this, "Big" that. The fact of the matter is is that at the end of the day, Spurs bench just doesn't have the personnel that the Lakers bench has. In case you haven't noticed, there has been a plethora of games where the Laker bench is the unit out on the floor that does most of the damage.

Enough with the blinders-on syndrome here. It's now bordering on ridiculous and ludicrous. The Spurs are definitely still contenders and good ones at that, but they were exposed a couple of weekends ago. Still a damn good team but very apparent that they are not in the same league as this years Lakers team goes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Now if you'll excuse me.......:rollin

Man In Black
02-08-2009, 05:02 AM
OK then...listen carefully: A fully healthy Lakers team beats a fully healthy Spurs team. That's all I'm saying. You'd be hard-pressed to find anybody outside of SA who doesn't agree with that. Do you really deny that? Dude not even Popovich would deny that, which is why he's gonna make a move before the deadline. Case closed, stop bitching about the Manu injury.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/Spurs-Celtics_Old_champs_take_shot_at_new_champs.html

“Everybody talks about the Lakers,” Boston coach Doc Rivers said. “I'm amazed people keep forgetting about the Spurs. They're just a fundamentally sound, great basketball team.”

Boston center Kendrick Perkins went a step further, intimating he was relieved it was the Lakers, and not the Spurs, who came out of the Western Conference last season.

“I think if they had made it, it would have been a tougher (NBA) Finals,” Perkins said.

“You can't ever count the Spurs out,” Perkins said. “They're going to come with it. They're a championship team.”

RECOGNIZE :flag:

Spork KIller
02-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Recognize The Spanking You Are Going To Get ...

Poor Piss Spurm Fans ^^

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 05:31 AM
Why are Spurs fans upset about the Gasol trade? After all, all it really did is prevent the Spurs from losing to the Celtics in the Finals last year and from losing to the Cavs in the Finals this year. That's good, right? After all, it's all about your Finals winning %.

In the end, all the Gasol trade did was assure the Lakers a trip to the Finals last year and a trip to the Finals this year. Last year they were slayed by the Celtics, this year they'll be slayed by all the King's men.

Kobe will realize after this year that the Lakers roster simply lacks the "it" of champions, opt out of his contract and sign for the league minimum with the Mavs. Kidd will resign for the minimum as well... and Dirk, Kidd, and Kobe will retire with 5 straight NBA championships, with Kobe having 8 titles he will be regarded as the greatest player of all time.

And then I shall come on here and claim Dirk is better than Duncan, for he has 5 championships to Duncans 4. And then you shall say Dirk rode the coattails of Kobe, whereas Duncan did it all by himself.

And then I shall say: five rings faggot.

InK
02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Kobe will realize after this year that the Lakers roster simply lacks the "it" of champions, opt out of his contract and sign for the league minimum with the Mavs. Kidd will resign for the minimum as well... and Dirk, Kidd, and Kobe will retire with 5 straight NBA championships, with Kobe having 8 titles he will be regarded as the greatest player of all time.

And then I shall come on here and claim Dirk is better than Duncan, for he has 5 championships to Duncans 4. And then you shall say Dirk rode the coattails of Kobe, whereas Duncan did it all by himself.

:lmao:lmao:lmao Good post

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Why are Spurs fans upset about the Gasol trade? After all, all it really did is prevent the Spurs from losing to the Celtics in the Finals last year and from losing to the Cavs in the Finals this year. That's good, right? After all, it's all about your Finals winning %.

In the end, all the Gasol trade did was assure the Lakers a trip to the Finals last year and a trip to the Finals this year. Last year they were slayed by the Celtics, this year they'll be slayed by all the King's men.

:lmao

Harry Callahan
02-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Larry Brown never met a roster he didn't blow up. The most impatient coach I've ever seen.

TheManFromAcme
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM

oookaaay....

IronMexican
02-08-2009, 12:17 PM
A lot of you Spur fans are acting like Radmonavic was getting any playing time. This was another great move by Mitch.