02-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Hill played very well in the 4th.

Good D and big shots.

Nice to see Hill making those long Js

Definitely agree and I hate the idea of any trade involving Hill and Mason

EricB
02-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Georgie was huge in that 4th.

Most overlooked though will be his fantastic defense.

kace
02-08-2009, 03:53 PM
sorry to make the party popper but the two J's he took were bad shots. He wasn't able to create anything on these plays and was forced to take these bad shots. he made them and that's great.

but i really prefer his 3rd play where he attacked the rim and made the layup.

i don't mind him taking J's if he has to, after a P,R, or after a ball rotation where he ends open, but these 2 plays were just bad plays.

his defense was good, though and his confidence seemed high.

jag
02-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Georgie was huge in that 4th.

Most overlooked though will be his fantastic defense.

His length was great against Rondo...i was impressed.

Bartleby
02-08-2009, 03:56 PM
I remember hearing that one of the reasons the Spurs picked Hill in the first rather than waiting for him to fall to the second round was that they thought Boston planned to pick him. Looks like both teams had the right idea.

Manu-of-steel
02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
hill has hit the wall already. trade hill, bonner, and mason- says some of spurs "fans". here's a game to shut your mouths and just believe what coach pop and the spurs are doing. enough of your hare-brained propositions.

SequSpur
02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
hill played well. i would've supported him playing the last 3 minutes instead of parker...

Agloco
02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Hill played very well in the 4th.

Good D and big shots.

Nice to see Hill making those long Js

Bout damm time. Both need to show up big in the post season if we are to have any chance of beating LA.

timvp
02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
sorry to make the party popper but the two J's he took were bad shots. He wasn't able to create anything on these plays and was forced to take these bad shots. he made them and that's great.

but i really prefer his 3rd play where he attacked the rim and made the layup.

i don't mind him taking J's if he has to, after a P,R, or after a ball rotation where he ends open, but these 2 plays were just bad plays.

his defense was good, though and his confidence seemed high.Those weren't bad shots. The Celtics had cut everything off and it was up to Hill to create. If he doesn't shoot those jumpers, the Spurs weren't going to get a cleaner look.

And yeah, props to Hill. Came up huge and shook off that stinger. A good thing about him is it never seems like the level of competition affects his play.

EricB
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
It seems the better the opponent, the better he plays actually.

HarlemHeat37
02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
like I said in the previous thread about Hill..it's not a physical or talent issue at all, he's shown the ability..it's just mental for him, which is typical for rookies, especially late picks..

SequSpur
02-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Hill doesn't rush his shots and when he is on his shots goin like butta...

BuzzerBeater
02-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Hill got it done in Celt's house, took the blow and let his game extract a measure of revenge, will he ever get to fall asleep tonight.:toast

FreeMason
02-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I can't wait to watch this guy on defense when he has a couple years under him.

I hope he is leaching off Bowen's knowledge every day.

timvp
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I can't wait to watch this guy on defense when he has a couple years under him.

I hope he is leaching off Bowen's knowledge every day.Anyone notice Pop has been putting Hill into games late for defensive purposes? Even a few times over Bowen. Today he put Hill on Allen in one of the Celtics' late possessions.

Good to see Pop's confidence in Hill growing :tu

SenorSpur
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Anyone notice Pop has been putting Hill into games late for defensive purposes? Even a few times over Bowen. Today he put Hill on Allen in one of the Celtics' late possessions.

Absolutely. At first, I just Pop was tinkering - maybe he really is. It's good to see the young fella redeem himself in the 2nd half.

loveforthegame
02-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Hill was big today. Big time shots with the clock running out and had some nice defense on display.

Red Hawk #21
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Seriously, I think Hill is going to be a future all-star

Taking it to the Hole
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I think a lot of the credit for this win has to go to Bonner for having an outstanding first half and George Hill for hitting some key shots. Kurt Thomas and Fab got some key offensive rebounds and putbacks that kept us afloat for awhile. Overall, this was a good quality win for the team. They kept their mental focus which is even more satisfying. I would have liked to see Hairston get some playing time in this type of game, but I realize too much was at stake for Pop to risk inserting him in.

kace
02-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Those weren't bad shots. The Celtics had cut everything off and it was up to Hill to create. If he doesn't shoot those jumpers, the Spurs weren't going to get a cleaner look.

And yeah, props to Hill. Came up huge and shook off that stinger. A good thing about him is it never seems like the level of competition affects his play.

let's say we disagree on these plays. A defensor was in front of him on both. he made them but didn't create anything. still great he had the confidence to try.

Anyone notice Pop has been putting Hill into games late for defensive purposes? Even a few times over Bowen. Today he put Hill on Allen in one of the Celtics' late possessions.

Hill seems to have everything to be a great defensive player. but he was far from good on D lately. his D against Paul was awful recently.

anyway, i still prefer having bowen in the last minutes. On D, he's way better and even on Offense, Bowen has always made the clutch 3's we needed. with tony, manu and tim on the court, and now mason, that's all we need from of our 5th player on offense.

but hill was great on both sides in this little run he had tonight.
and i like the kid. he seems to have the good attitude.

usckk
02-08-2009, 05:24 PM

Is it more about Hill's good defense or more about Bowen's defensive skills diminishing that Pop is putting Hill more into games for defensive purposes though?

AFBlue
02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I was worried when Hill started out cold in the first half...he didn't seem comfortable on the court at all. But, he completely redeemed himself with some stellar D and even a couple shots of offense down the stretch.

I don't mean to overstate it, but IMO Hill won this game for the Spurs. Think about it...Parker had one of his worst games of the season offensively and if the backup had be JV, I'm not sure the Spurs pull this one out.

Taking it to the Hole
02-08-2009, 05:46 PM
let's say we disagree on these plays. A defensor was in front of him on both. he made them but didn't create anything. still great he had the confidence to try.

Hill seems to have everything to be a great defensive player. but he was far from good on D lately. his D against Paul was awful recently.

anyway, i still prefer having bowen in the last minutes. On D, he's way better and even on Offense, Bowen has always made the clutch 3's we needed. with tony, manu and tim on the court, and now mason, that's all we need from of our 5th player on offense.

but hill was great on both sides in this little run he had tonight.
and i like the kid. he seems to have the good attitude.

And he is pretty tough! I was worried when he went to the floor, I thought for sure he had separated his shoulder or something. I know him and TP are listed as the same weight, but I think he may have more muscle mass than TP does because he bounced back pretty quickly.