PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is mortal after all.

South Side Spurs Fan
02-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Questions for you guys:
What if we don't get 23 from Bonner today?

And just how important is it to have guys who can step up when the opposing defense takes away your favorite option? (TODAY PARKER WAS THAT OPTION!)

As much as I am reassured by today's win, I'm still left wondering who's going to be that guy when we go to L.A.? Matty won't be getting any home cooking there...

ducks
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
spurs would have got 25 from tp
or finley and mason shot more shots

timvp
02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Thread title and post subject don't correspond . . .

Shastafarian
02-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Questions for you guys:
What if we don't get 23 from Bonner today?What if Tim Duncan was drafted by the Celtics.

And just how important is it to have guys who can step up when the opposing defense takes away your favorite option?Um, very.

As much as I am reassured by today's win, I'm still left wondering who's going to be that guy when we go to L.A.? Matty won't be getting any home cooking there...

Home cooking? Did they increase the diameter of the rim every time he shot?

SequSpur
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
TP is a 3 time allstar, 3 Time Champ, Finals MVP, future hall of famer and the ATT center will be renamed after him.

now what was the topic?

South Side Spurs Fan
Then maybe this will connect the dots...

I'd just like to remind you guys of a couple of things I said early on this season.

1) When we are playing great teams, Parker can and many times will be taken out of the game. Top tier teams gameplan to stop Parker, and unlike Manu and Duncan, if you play him right (shut down the lane, don't give him any daylight) he can't create for himself.

That being said, I thought he played a great game today against the Celts, being patient and keeping the offense going without forcing the issue. Despite shooting 25% against a defense that was determined to shut him down, he only had one turnover and 7 assists. That's going to keep us in any game.

2) Mason is still a killer (Just hope he makes a habit of showing up for the rest of the game).

DAF86
Questions for you guys:

And just how important is it to have guys who can step up when the opposing defense takes away your favorite option?

If is not Tony then it will be Manu, if not Mason, Finley, Hill, Thomas, etc.

ducks
Questions for you guys:

And just how important is it to have guys who can step up when the opposing defense takes away your favorite option?

As much as I am reassured by today's win, I'm still left wondering who's going to be that guy when we go to L.A.? Matty won't be getting any home cooking there...booner played well on all road trip except lakers

he is human 1 bad game out of 9 is not bad

Shastafarian
02-08-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm no Parker lover but even so, this thread makes my head hurt.

South Side Spurs Fan
02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm no Parker lover but even so, this thread makes my head hurt.

Sorry about the confusion, I'm just hoping this one won't get trashed like the first one (thanks Timvp!)

ChumpDumper
02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
This is why there are five players on the court.

FreeMason
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
TP is a 3 time allstar, 3 Time Champ, Finals MVP, future hall of famer and the ATT center will be renamed after him.

now what was the topic?

How he sucked today and can't play defense.

ducks
what if allen goes 1-15

jag
lmao how many of these stupid threads are you gonna make? Didnt you just make one?

roycrikside
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM
what if allen goes 1-15

Ducks, you certainly let the board know about it with stupid Trade Manu threads whenever he plays poorly. Rondo ate Tony's lunch today. Just accept it with humility and move on.

We're very lucky Bonner and Timmy played well enough for them to survive an awful game from Tony and an average one from Manu.

EricB
The Parker hater is back again?

Man the last few weeks with him doing good must have pissed you off.

timvp
That being said, I thought he played a great game today against the CeltsDisagree. Parker was far from great. He was far from even good.

But I'll take the win.

When we are playing great teams, Parker can and many times will be taken out of the game. Don't think I agree with this either. Maybe back four or five years ago Parker could be taken out of games by great teams. In recent years, I haven't seen a team take him out of a series. He has bad games sometimes but even if he's made the number one priority to stop, Parker can still find ways. See: Cleveland and Utah, 2007.

EricB
Ducks, you certainly let the board know about it with stupid Trade Manu threads whenever he plays poorly. Rondo ate Tony's lunch today. Just accept it with humility and move on.

We're very lucky Bonner and Timmy played well enough for them to survive an awful game from Tony and an average one from Manu.

Average?

Ginobili had 19 and like 5 rebounds.

Shit...

You guys need to chill.

South Side Spurs Fan
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
When I called for other guys to get incorporated into the offense early in the season (Mason, Hill) TP Fanboys and girls cried "No Need, He's superhuman, <50%, Let Parker take every shot,"

Guess those views were short sighted ay?

DAF86
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM

I think that Manu's game was a lot more than average.

spursfan09
02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
This is why the Spurs are called the Spurs and not the Parkers. Wow the concept of team! Do you understand that when Parker is having an off game other players on the team can step up and perform? And when other players are having off games, TP can step up and perform.

EricB
02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
When I called for other guys to get incorporated into the offense early in the season (Mason, Hill) TP Fanboys and girls cried "No Need, He's superhuman, <50%, Let Parker take every shot,"

Guess those views were short sighted ay?

God would you shut up.

timvp
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM

Guess those views were short sighted ay?Parker sucked but this thread has been more of a fail. Come with it from post one if you are going to call him out.

kace
02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
what's the point of this thread ? i don't even understand.

Parker was trapped and doubled today, that was part of the celtics plan. so, i don't mind him scoring only 7 points (with 7 ass) if that's mean open shots for his teamates (bonner).

but needing 12 shots to score this 7 points means tony had a bad night.

but once again, what's your question ??

spursfan09
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
what's the point of this thread ? i don't even understand.
Parker was trapped and doubled today, that was part of the celtics plan. so, i don't mind him scoring only 7 points (with 7 ass) if that's mean open shots for his teamates (bonner).

but needing 12 shots to score this 7 points means tony had a bad night.

but once again, what's your question ??

Don't try to understand. It just a hater talking shit.

ducks
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
1) When we are playing great teams, Parker can and many times will be taken out of the game. Top tier teams gameplan to stop Parker, and unlike Manu and Duncan, if you play him right (shut down the lane, don't give him any daylight) he can't create for himself.
you are full of it

kace
02-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Parker sucked but this thread has been more of a fail. Come with it from post one if you are going to call him out.

yes, he sucked but will you bring the good points of his game like you do with manu or tim when they have a bad shooting night ?

i mean tony was decent on D, had 7 assists (with 1 TO) and was the main reason bonner scored so much.

his j's was awful though.

ducks
02-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I give props to tp and pop adjusting and tp not forcing alot of shots
and pop adjusting to what boston d did

in past tp would force shots

Pauleta14
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Tony Parker's bad game is probably the best aspect of the win!!!
TP level is not the subject, a bad game happen, especially when opposite team's D is focused on you...

But the good news is that our Spurs look like the old time again, anybody can step up, we don't care about the stats (Now that he is in the ASG, Tony doesn't need to get his numbers...)

I'm quite optimistic after that win!

South Side Spurs Fan
02-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Timvp, you couldn't be more wrong.

Parker did what he was supposed to today: he guided our team to a win. And this is not a Parker hating thread, this is a parker fanboy hating thread! there is a major difference....

Team first!
Go Spurs.

jag
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
*I hate Tony Parker...but when i bring stupid takes and hate on him, people always hate on me. So i'm gonna pull a fast one on everybody...i'll start threads pretending to say good things about Tony when i'm actually trying to expose negative qualities about the guy.

Ya, cause then everyone will know how bad Tony sucks and no one will tell me i'm a shitty poster. Ya!*

South Side Spurs Fan
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
I give props to tp and pop adjusting and tp not forcing alot of shots
and pop adjusting to what boston d did

in past tp would force shots

I totally agree with this post. Thats why I say TP had a great game. Thats why I also so Timvp is overrated as a spurs authority...

jag
02-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I totally agree with this post. Thats why I say TP had a great game. Thats why I also so Timvp is overrated as a spurs authority...

He's one of the most knowledgeable, unbiased posters on this entire board...he's also part owner of this board you stupid cunt.

jack sommerset
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM

now what was the topic?

And the most OVERRATED point guard in the NBA and he is no HOF, he has all that hardware because of one guy,one man and his name is Duncan. A HOF makes me freaken laugh. We will wait. Duncan will be gone soon enough.

Whats TP record when Duncan is out?

spursncowboys
02-08-2009, 05:20 PM
7 assists, 3 rebounds,1 of 3 behind the line and one steal isn't that bad, especially being double teamed and full court pressed. Parker definitely could do better (3 for 12 fg) but he did better than rondo.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2009, 05:48 PM
We understand. You hate Parker. You start the same thread (or something like it with a different twist) over and over after every time Parker doesn't play well. We get it. Move on. Trying to disguise it by saying "Parker did what he was supposed to do" today is just a cover. Parker didn't do what he was supposed to do today at all. He's supposed to relentlessly attack and score. He didn't.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
7 assists, 3 rebounds,1 of 3 behind the line and one steal isn't that bad, especially being double teamed and full court pressed. Parker definitely could do better (3 for 12 fg) but he did better than rondo.

Rondo had over 15 assists. Parker didn't play better than Rondo.

Josepatches_
02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
This is why the Spurs are called the Spurs and not the Parkers. Wow the concept of team! Do you understand that when Parker is having an off game other players on the team can step up and perform? And when other players are having off games, TP can step up and perform.

Actually they could be called The Duncans because the history of the team is very different since he came here.We have to create the church of TD.

ElNono
02-08-2009, 05:58 PM
We understand. You hate Parker. You start the same thread (or something like it with a different twist) over and over after every time Parker doesn't play well. We get it. Move on. Trying to disguise it by saying "Parker did what he was supposed to do" today is just a cover. Parker didn't do what he was supposed to do today at all. He's supposed to relentlessly attack and score. He didn't.

How is this any different from ducks starting thread after thread hating when Manu has a lousy game?
I personally thought Tony had a good game considering that Rondo wasn't a factor for Boston. Sometimes when the ball is not going in, at least you can hang your hat on what you did in the othe end.

Kori Ellis
02-08-2009, 05:59 PM
How is this any different from ducks starting thread after thread hating when Manu has a lousy game?
I personally thought Tony had a good game considering that Rondo wasn't a factor for Boston. Sometimes when the ball is not going in, at least you can hang your hat on what you did in the othe end.

It's not any different. That's why ducks gets his ass ripped all the time too.

DAF86
02-08-2009, 06:04 PM

:lol And who says timvp is a Spurs authority? He just owns this site that's why you see so many people all over his marbels.

Josepatches_
02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
And the most OVERRATED point guard in the NBA and he is no HOF, he has all that hardware because of one guy,one man and his name is Duncan. A HOF makes me freaken laugh. We will wait. Duncan will be gone soon enough.

Whats TP record when Duncan is out?

TP never could be MVP of the Finals without TD.Manu never could be all star without TD.Robinson would have retired without ring and Pop had been fired long time ago.
It's not only TP who was benefited to play with TD

Kori Ellis
I didn't even know timvp was rated to be overrated. Where's the SpursTalk poster power rankings for Spurs authority? :lol

DPG21920
This is another thread that makes you go Holy Sh**

WalterBenitez
02-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Not sure if TP is mortal, but some games I want make him mortal :D

MarHill
02-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Thank you!! There is someone with common sense!!

:toast

ducks
02-08-2009, 06:11 PM
ducks hardly starts threads starting manu sucks
but everyone thinks ducks does

ducks
02-08-2009, 06:11 PM
TP never could be MVP of the Finals without TD.Manu never could be all star without TD.Robinson would have retired without ring and Pop had been fired long time ago.
It's not only TP who was benefited to play with TD

we will see once duncan retires

roycrikside
02-08-2009, 06:12 PM
ducks hardly starts threads starting manu sucks
but everyone thinks ducks does

He lets Sequ start them and then has 15 posts in them. Quick, let's trade him before his value is nothing!

SequSpur
02-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Rondo had over 15 assists. Parker didn't play better than Rondo.

Spurs won.

Parker > Rondo.

ducks
02-08-2009, 06:16 PM
tp set booner up today

roycrikside
02-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Spurs won.

Parker > Rondo.

that's retarded. Whenever the Spurs win but Manu plays poorly you don't write that Ginobili was > over whoever.

Just accept the facts (and this goes for Ducks too and all the CoT and CoM) out there:

TONY SUCKED OUT LOUD TODAY. HE WAS AWFUL. He was pretty much the worst guy on the floor, especially in the second half. Don't make excuses for it. It happened.

Some games Manu plays poorly. Even Timmy, once in a blue moon, plays a bad game. A lot more often guys like Bonner, Fin, Mace, whoever, play badly. This is why it's a team game. So let's not make threads attacking or defending whoever every game.

superbigtime
02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Questions for you guys:

And just how important is it to have guys who can step up when the opposing defense takes away your favorite option? (TODAY PARKER WAS THAT OPTION!)

Tony is the spurs second most consistent player behind Tim in my opinion. But every now and then he has one of these games. And Rondo countered with a 3 of 11 performance of his own. So it evened out.

InK
02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Its rather sad that some feel the need to call players out on arguably the best W of the season. Tony sucked and we still won, can hardly get better then that.

RC's Boss
02-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I think I'm gonna go smoke one

gilmor
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM
that's retarded. Whenever the Spurs win but Manu plays poorly you don't write that Ginobili was > over whoever.

Just accept the facts (and this goes for Ducks too and all the CoT and CoM) out there:

TONY SUCKED OUT LOUD TODAY. HE WAS AWFUL. He was pretty much the worst guy on the floor, especially in the second half. Don't make excuses for it. It happened.

Some games Manu plays poorly. Even Timmy, once in a blue moon, plays a bad game. A lot more often guys like Bonner, Fin, Mace, whoever, play badly. This is why it's a team game. So let's not make threads attacking or defending whoever every game.

You are wrong.. Tony is still better than Finley

:hat