PDA

View Full Version : Good game Spurs, and something i still wonder

BUMP
02-08-2009, 04:37 PM
:toastprops to the Spurs for an impressive win in Boston

and why is it that for a decade....literally.....they ALWAYS fly under the radar. its really starting to get old. ppl still call the BIG 4 LA, Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-08-2009, 04:38 PM
People are d-bags.

Shastafarian
02-08-2009, 04:39 PM

and why is it that for a decade....literally.....they ALWAYS fly under the radar. its really starting to get old. ppl still call the BIG 4 LA, Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando.

ESPN Syndrome.

Man In Black
02-08-2009, 04:43 PM
The 4-Letter Network should change their letters to FAIL.

SenorSpur
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Because the NBA is more concerned with promoting soap operas (the old Shaq/Kobe fued) and its "real" stars - like Kobe/Lebron/Wade.

The shallow NBA public is more concerned with style over substance Conversely, the Spurs mantra is the exact opposite. In truth, the Spurs have very little to promote - other than systematic excellence. There's just no material there.

I take the Spurs way over everything else. Just win baby!

Taking it to the Hole
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I prefer to think of the Spurs as flying in STEALTH mode rather than "under the radar". :downspin:

peskypesky
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Two words: David Stern

timvp
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Spurs start off slow. National media and a good percentage of Spurs fans jump off the bandwagon. Then nobody notices the Spurs again until the playoffs.

Manu-of-steel
02-08-2009, 04:51 PM
there are no drama with how the spurs play. and it's monotonous-i mean, all the spurs do is win without much fanfare. when the play offs come, that's the only time they will notice the spurs juggernaut.

BUMP
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
obviously i aint no bandwagoner, but the Spurs definitely do things the right way and yall should be proud of your team even though they dont get a lot of respect.

when healthy, they're the team id least want to face because theyve been there done that, and there's no situation that will phase them that they havent been in before

lefty
02-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Spurs start off slow. National media and a good percentage of Spurs fans jump off the bandwagon. Then nobody notices the Spurs again until the playoffs.

I prefer that.

We started the 2007-2008 season better than usual, but didn't win the title.

Ususally. when we start off slow, we have better chances to win it all.

boutons_
02-08-2009, 09:29 PM
basketball fans appreciate Spurs basketball

Stern has taken (tried) NBA into an entertainment circus for the general public.

30 teams is way too many for the available talent, Stern trying primarily to create and fill $$seats and luxury boxes, the basketball is a side show to money making.

dav4463
02-09-2009, 01:04 AM
I have learned to quit doubting the San Antonio Spurs. "In Pop we trust." "In Duncan we trust."

This team is a true championship caliber team EVERY year. It is a pleasure and a privilege to be a fan of such a team.

I remember my last doubting moment. It was the game where Robert Horry exploded in the 4th quarter in Detroit and hit the big 3 pter to win it. I had just about given up in that game. After that, no more !

It doesn't mean the team always delivers. We were heartbroken by D.Fisher. We were heartbroken by the Manu foul on Dirk, but this team always leaves it on the floor win or lose.....and we win a lot more than we lose!

We as Spurs fans do not realize how incredibly lucky we are to have Pop, Duncan, and all the other parts that fit around these guys year in and year out.

I am proud to be a Spurs fan!:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

m33p0
02-09-2009, 01:31 AM
thanks for the props. :toast

i can't say the spurs, most especially Pop, are completely blameless for being ignored. but it's also the genius of the Spurs' rhythm, with Pop making sure the team peaks at the right moment. it doesn't always work, injury being the chief culprit in many a failed season. but the Spurs have always been there when they are healthy.