PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Lebron James have a post up game?

DrHouse
02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Did anyone see when he had Fisher on his back at the F/T line? He simply couldn't back him down or post him up and instead passed off to Wally on the baseline.

How on earth does this guy not have a post game? He'd be far more unstoppable there than on the perimeter jacking up 3's.

timvp
02-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Kobe fan obsessed with LeBron.

Film at 11.

TheMACHINE
Kobe was posting up Lebron...cant believe this guy cant so it either.

jonnybravo
Footwork.

His footwork is abominable for an elite NBA player. Simply atrocious.

SenorSpur
02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
I've often wondered the same thing. Just an example of a hole his his offensive game.

DrHouse
02-08-2009, 06:46 PM
He's so big and strong though, he could back down any SF in this league.

Look at Pierce and how he manufactures points with his strength. Lebron could end all discussion about his poor 3pt shooting if he stuck to shooting the midrange J from the F/T line.

IronMexican
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
He really needs one. What could you do to stop him if he got it? Simply nothing.

ducks
02-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Did anyone see when he had Fisher on his back at the F/T line? He simply couldn't back him down or post him up and instead passed off to Wally on the baseline.

How on earth does this guy not have a post game? He'd be far more unstoppable there than on the perimeter jacking up 3's.

he is overrated

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 06:53 PM
So overrated he's on the verge of smashing Jordan's PER record.

So overrated that he's gonna lead a team with Mo/Zydrunas as the 2nd/3rd best players to a championship

28/7/6... yeah.... might wanna rethink that.

ducks
02-08-2009, 06:55 PM
So overrated he's on the verge of smashing Jordan's PER record.

So overrated that he's gonna lead a team with Mo/Zydrunas as the 2nd/3rd best players to a championship

28/7/6... yeah.... might wanna rethink that.

remind me when he wins something

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah.... Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 29, Lebron's gonna win his first when he's 24.

TheMACHINE
02-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Anyway see Lebron post up Derek Fisher... hilarious. Learn to post Prince James.

sook
02-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Dr House with another asshat thread.
Stop with the premature ejaculation, it was one game.

DrHouse
02-08-2009, 07:17 PM

I don't know who you are and why you have beef with me. But if you don't like me, don't post in my threads with garbage because that is exactly what trolling is.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2009, 07:21 PM

The guy doesn't post up for some inexplicable reason...what's wrong with discussing that?

BUMP
02-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Lebroom is a one trick pony

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
This is actually something I agree w/ DrHouse on (I don't say that very much).....why the hell can't someone who seems to put on 5 pounds of muscle in between every nationally televised game create with his back to the basket?

sook
02-08-2009, 09:21 PM
my apologies House, i thought you were looking to demean Lebron after the loss, i didn't know you were serious about it.

MarHill
02-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Good observation!

I saw that play and thought he was going to score over Fisher. Also, I was hearing Van Gundy talking about Lebron playing the PF spot sometimes in their lineup and if he does that I would figure he would have a post-up game.

I guess he doesn't. Lastly, he needs to be shooting at least 80% from the FT line because he gets fouled so much.

MambaJuice2408
02-08-2009, 09:38 PM
He didn't go to college and he believes that he's so great as it is. Just listen to him talk about his ALMOST triple double in NY. And how he likes to always try to refer to himself as the Leader of EVERYTHING

MambaJuice2408
02-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Good observation!

I saw that play and thought he was going to score over Fisher. Also, I was hearing Van Gundy talking about Lebron playing the PF spot sometimes in their lineup and if he does that I would figure he would have a post-up game.

I guess he doesn't. Lastly, he needs to be shooting at least 80% from the FT line because he gets fouled so much.

Every other elite player would have....No joke. I don't even think you have to be an elite player to score on fish in the post. However Lebron has this flaw. It's mind blowing to me.

sook
02-08-2009, 09:43 PM
well Lebron also can't shoot wortha shit thats a flaw too. Good thing he's only like 23 he will improve..

Lp26
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM

It's actually a little ironic. The Pistons get away with putting Rip on him constantly (who actually does a better job than Prince), and he can't even post Rip up, nor does he even really try.

RyanLeaf
02-08-2009, 10:09 PM
It's actually a little ironic. The Pistons get away with putting Rip on him constantly (who actually does a better job than Prince), and he can't even post Rip up, nor does he even really try.

Why do you think Courtney Lee owned him in the Magic vs. Cavs game. Lee is 6'5 but is as quick as Parker or Rondo. Lebron couldn't post up Lee and couldnt get past him. It was a disgrace.

Lp26
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Why do you think Courtney Lee owned him in the Magic vs. Cavs game. Lee is 6'5 but is as quick as Parker or Rondo. Lebron couldn't post up Lee and couldnt get past him. It was a disgrace.

I remember that. It was funny how frustrated LBJ looked. Magic fans then annointed Lee the LBJ stopper. :lol

If he improved his shooting mechanics and actually developed a post game, he would be ridiculous.

RyanLeaf
02-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I remember that. It was funny how frustrated LBJ looked. Magic fans then annointed Lee the LBJ stopper. :lol

If he improved his shooting mechanics and actually developed a post game, he would be ridiculous.

Well I have seen a bunch of Orlando Games, and Lee is looking like one of the best players in the past draft outside of Mayo and Eric Gordon. He shuts down his assignment a lot more times than not.

He would have been the perfect fit for the Spurs.

m33p0
02-08-2009, 11:28 PM
why post up when he can crab dribble his way to the rim? oh, right. that's travelling.

DrHouse
02-08-2009, 11:31 PM
The reason Pierce and Kobe are able to be effective at this stage in their careers is pretty much because of their great post up games. They can simply back you down and get a high percentage look anytime they want on single coverage.

mardigan
02-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Lebron is still young and relies on his athleticism a little too much. As someone else stated, his footwork needs vast improvement, but it will come. MJ and Kobe didnt start having dominate post games until their athleticism started to slip a little bit, and they had to start working on other things to make them great.

JoeTait75
02-08-2009, 11:40 PM
LeBron's problem is that he doesn't want to play in the post. He's more or less said so a number of times. But he has to develop a post game. He's never going to be more than a streak shooter (IMO) and it'd be easy money for him down in the post if he commits to it. If you're Karl Malone's size and have that much speed and strength, it's a waste to not develop a post game.

robbie380
02-08-2009, 11:42 PM
they should sent lebron to big man camp

dirk4mvp
02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
why post up when he can crab dribble his way to the rim? oh, right. that's travelling.

How many times has he done it since then? oh, that's right. None.

Pelicans78
02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
He must be a Dirk fan.

dirk4mvp
02-08-2009, 11:50 PM
He must be a Dirk fan.

Dirk's improved in the post. When he came into the league, the only difference between him and Peja was hair color. He's alright in the post, not great.

MI21
02-09-2009, 12:24 AM
I did notice that play. The problem with posting Fisher is that he will flop and quite often get the call, particularly against a strong guy like LeBron. So I wasn't to mad at that speicific play, but overall LeBron's lack of post game hurts him big time when defenses are keyed in on his penetration. It is quite puzzling that a guy his size doesn't even have some pivots or a one hand shot/hook out of the post.

But, he is only young, and for a perimeter player, which despite his size, LeBron is, the post game is usually the last thing to come. Here's hoping he works on it as well as his jumpshot and another thing that annoys me, his inability to keep his dribble alive when going left.

(Still has my vote for MVP so far though :toast)

Killakobe81
02-09-2009, 12:26 AM
no great player is flawless ...
Even MJ was not a consistent 3 pt. shooter when he was his most explosive and didnt have a post game ...then he developed his post game but was nowhere near as explosive after baseball ....
LBJ is a great finisher (except today) , great ball-handler, rebounder and is extremely strong and quick.
BUT his jumper is broke, FT stroke iffy, and is a good but not great defender ...I know lot of you are on his nuts but he is NOT the best ...YET he my very well be someday but that is not today ...
Kobe's biggest weakness is his confidence he makes the game harder than it needs to be at times ...but yet that is wht makes him take and make impossible shots to close out games ...also he only plays great d when he respects the opponent, can be baited in to 1on 1 showdowns and doesnt drive enough for my taste ...but he still is the best player in the game

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2009, 12:38 AM
cause he doesn't need one HE HAS TEH HOPZ!!!!!!!!!!

*throws powder in air for no fucking reason*

Trainwreck2100
02-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Dirk's improved in the post. When he came into the league, the only difference between him and Peja was hair color. He's alright in the post, not great.

He still fades away after he backs the guy down, which i'm surprised he hasn't changed

Lp26
02-09-2009, 01:13 AM

:lmao

DrHouse
02-09-2009, 01:16 AM

One of the funniest things you've ever posted.

KidCongo
02-09-2009, 02:41 AM
I'd rather LeBron playing on the perimeter and getting a PF or C that scores in the paint well.

In the future I'd like to see LeBron play in the post more.