PDA

View Full Version : LakeShow is the Best Team in the NBA

JoeTait75
02-08-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm not so sure it's even close at this point. If Lamar Odom continues to play even close to the way he played @ Boston and @ Cleveland, and if the defense is at least adequate, they are going to be almost impossible to beat in a series, and that isn't even factoring in Bynum's return for the playoffs. The only team that might match up decently with L.A. is Orlando, and with Jameer out, it'll be a long shot for the Magic to get that far anyway.

Best in the league with a bullet. The LakeShow took that game today and shoved it right up the rectal cavities of "our beloved Cavs" and made them like it.

djohn2oo8
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Isn't a little early to proclaim who's the best???

JoeTait75
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Isn't a little early to proclaim who's the best???

At this point, they're the best by a considerable margin.

Findog
02-08-2009, 08:17 PM
It certainly looks that way, but Odom is inconsistent, and Cleveland wasn't exactly blown out. Right now though, for whatever it's worth, LA is playing the best ball in the League. If the playoffs started today, they would be the favorites.

IronMexican
02-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Way too early to give them the title or anything. But, as of today, they are definitely the best. But so were the Mavs at this point in 07.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm not so sure it's even close at this point. If Lamar Odom continues to play even close to the way he played @ Boston and @ Cleveland, and if the defense is at least adequate, they are going to be almost impossible to beat in a series, and that isn't even factoring in Bynum's return for the playoffs. The only team that might match up decently with L.A. is Orlando, and with Jameer out, it'll be a long shot for the Magic to get that far anyway.

Best in the league with a bullet. The LakeShow took that game today and shoved it right up the rectal cavities of "our beloved Cavs" and made them like it.

Don't take this one too hard JT, it's a long season and both teams have a long way to go...Knowing the Lakers they are going to bookend this 6-0 road trip w/ home losses to the Bobcats and Thunder:lol
Good luck the rest of the way and hope to see you or the Celts in the finals:toast

Reck
02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
They can be the best all they want now.

We'll see how good they are when it really counts.

JoeTait75
02-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Cleveland wasn't exactly blown out.

62-24 points in the paint. It was total domination.

FreeMason
02-08-2009, 08:24 PM
It's true; Kobe, Shaq, Malone, and Payton could never lose.

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Joe Tait, do not say such things. The Cavs are the best team in the NBA because the King is the best player in the NBA.

If Lamar Odom can sustain that type of play? Lamar Odom is not a 28/17 player, Lamar is an inconsistent pothead 9/6 player. He shows flashes here and there, but he withers when it counts, as he did in the Finals.

How often is Lamar frickin odom gonna outplay Lebron James? How often is Kobe gonna shoot almost 50% in a Finals game?

The game was lost in the 3rd quarter, when Odom had 15 points and 10 rebounds. that's a 60/40 game, that's a fluke if I ever saw one.

"Right now" doesn't mean much, a few weeks ago I could've said the Twolves were the best team in the NBA because they were undefeated in 2009. Now that wouldn't have made much sense, now would it?

An impressive stretch for the Lakers, but the Cavs are still the best team in the NBA.

I will agree though that the 62-24 points in the paint stat was very troubling.

But the Cavs have the King, and the King will lead a team to a title even without much offensive production from the 4/5 slots, just like Jordan did.

DeadlyDynasty
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Joe Tait, do not say such things. The Cavs are the best team in the NBA because the King is the best team in the NBA.

If Lamar Odom can sustain that type of play? Lamar Odom is not a 28/17 player, Lamar is an inconsistent pothead 9/6 player. He shows flashes here and there, but he withers when it counts, as he did in the Finals.

"Right now" doesn't mean much, a few weeks ago I could've said the Twolves were the best team in the NBA because they were undefeated in 2009. Now that wouldn't have made much sense, now would it?

An impressive stretch for the Lakers, but the Cavs are still the best team in the NBA.

But the Cavs have the King, and the King will lead a team to a title even without much offensive production from the 4/5 slots, just like Jordan did.
We need to frame this. Ghazi's first post without the word "fluke":wow:wow:wow

Kai
02-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Yes, yes they are.

lebomb
02-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Again........no respect. The Spurs just biatch slapped the Celtics at home and no mention at all. Yes, the Lakers are probably the best right now, but the Spurs along with the Celtics are in the same sentence with Cleveland for sure. :rolleyes

MambaJuice2408
02-08-2009, 09:06 PM
We need to frame this. Ghazi's first post without the word "fluke":wow:wow:wow

True. And this Ghazi guy is a trip. Talk about denial.

Let me add by saying that nothin is won or lost in February. AND yes too, Lamar doesn't have a history of coming up big in big games. And even tho this is just the regular season. Lamar is atleast showing signs that he might be turning the corner in terms of that mental state of mind. I know hes not a 28/17 guy, but if we get 16 -20 pt lamar and 10 boards guy. NO ONE IS BEATING LA even without Bynum. He's such a mismatch and he exploits it like this then watchout NBA.

Lebron didn't have his A game I'll admit. But I think the Lakers D had alot to do with that as well. Making others guy beat them and for playing his dribble drives well. I won't make too much of this win other than we exploited them. However, I'm not that scared of the Cavs or Lebron James at this point. This is moreless the level the Lakers will play at come playoff time. This I don't believe is how the Cavs will play come playoff time. I know they are better.

KidCongo
02-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Yep, Lakeshow are the best in the league right now.

dirk4mvp
02-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Again........no respect. The Spurs just biatch slapped the Celtics at home and no mention at all. Yes, the Lakers are probably the best right now, but the Spurs along with the Celtics are in the same sentence with Cleveland for sure. :rolleyes

The Spurs didn't exactly bitch slap the Celtics. It was a combination of Mason hitting a huge shot and KG performing his usual 4th quarter disappearing act hoping Pierce or Allen will bail him out.

DrHouse
02-09-2009, 02:21 AM
How many games has Mason single-handedly won for the Spurs?

I think they're like a .500 team without his game winners :lmao

Allanon
02-09-2009, 02:30 AM

Great game to watch Joe Tait. Good luck in the ECF, maybe there will be a rematch in the Finals.

mystargtr34
02-09-2009, 03:50 AM

3 when they were behind in the final 24 seconds, GayAndConfused.

phyzik
02-09-2009, 11:48 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0208/nba_g_kobedime_576.jpg

Kobe=Bowen

JoeTait75
02-09-2009, 11:50 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0208/nba_g_kobedime_576.jpg

Kobe=Bowen

Kobe got stripped as he was going up to shoot. Not even comparable.

JamStone
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
If Jameer Nelson didn't get hurt, would the Orlando Magic be the best team in the league, having a comparably great record and having beaten the Lakers twice?

z0sa
02-09-2009, 12:06 PM
If Jameer Nelson didn't get hurt, would the Orlando Magic be the best team in the league, having a comparably great record and having beaten the Lakers twice?

If they could get through Boston and Cleveland, then yes.

SpursFanFirst
02-09-2009, 12:22 PM
If the playoffs started today, they would be the favorites.

Let's be honest, they'd be the "favorites" anyway...just ask the media.

SpursFanFirst
02-09-2009, 12:24 PM

:lmao

galvatron3000
02-09-2009, 12:26 PM

actually Manu won the game with the in-bound steal, Mason put them ahead by 1.

SpursFanFirst
02-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Kobe got stripped as he was going up to shoot. Not even comparable.

When you get stripped, you kick your foot in the air? :reading

02-09-2009, 12:43 PM
lakers are actually better without bynum. odom allows the lakers' offense to flow better and lets the offense come to him rather than trying to force it and take away shots from gasol.

LnGrrrR
02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Agreed. Right now (sadly) the Lakers are the best.

I'm hoping the Celts don't go into another tailspin. Lakers have some C's kryptonite this year.

DazedAndConfused
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
lakers are actually better without bynum. odom allows the lakers' offense to flow better and lets the offense come to him rather than trying to force it and take away shots from gasol.

Offensively yes.

Defensively no.

What matters more in the playoffs?

Killakobe81
02-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Tt's still just reg season but if Bynum is even 90% what he was pre-injury i would say we west favorites ...it would be disrespoectful not to place celts as overall favorites ...

02-09-2009, 03:26 PM
lakers were 22-4 last season when gasol was healthy and playing. bynum's lost won't do much to slow the lakers. if you extrapolate those stats into around where the season is right now it turns into 44-8, even better than where the lakers are right now. it was also during a long stretch of road games. so bynum's impact during the regular season is very small. his shot blocking is always useful though but lakers will be the best team with or without him.

urunobili
02-09-2009, 03:59 PM
today they are indeed

Supergirl
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
"If Lamar Odom continues to play even close to the way he played @ Boston and @ Cleveland, and if the defense is at least adequate..."

Man, those are two big ifs. Odom is nothing if not inconsistent. If Phil Jackson could get Odom to produce like that night in and night out - well, he'd be COY for sure. And the Lakers defense is inconsistent at BEST.

lefty
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Since Odom is inconsistent, maybe Pop should put Bowen on him (instead of guarding Kobe)

j-money24
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Joe Tait, do not say such things. The Cavs are the best team in the NBA because the King is the best player in the NBA.

How often is Lamar frickin odom gonna outplay Lebron James? How often is Kobe gonna shoot almost 50% in a Finals game?

The game was lost in the 3rd quarter, when Odom had 15 points and 10 rebounds. that's a 60/40 game, that's a fluke if I ever saw one.

you're getting pretty annoying now.

endrity
02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Ghazi is officially a douche, I don't know what happened to him, his "beloved" shtick was really annoying, but now he has turned into a complete troll.

As for the question, there is no doubt the Lakers right now are far and away the best team. Bynum is important somewhat to their defense, but their offense flows so much better with Odom and Gasol. If Ariza can lock down the perimeter, I don't think it's impossible to argue that the Lakers are actually better with Odom and Gasol as starters. I know Bynum was playing impressively before he got hurt, but it was just a stretch. He had had a subpar season before that. Right now there is no beating them, and Kobe is headed towards a second straight well deserved MVP, eventhough stats wise LeBron is having a superb season.

IronMexican
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Yup, Ghazi definitely turned into a fag. He was a real cool dude.

DPG21920
02-09-2009, 11:05 PM
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/house-ten-reasons-why-its-so-disappointing-this-season--112