PDA

View Full Version : Western Playoffs

jack sommerset
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I wish the season would end today. Some damn good match ups in the West.

Lakers vs Jazz
Spews vs Mavericks
Rockets vs Nuggets
Portland vs Hornets

Even with Bynum out the Lakers look to be the best. I can see Mavericks knocking off the Spews. Rockets over Nuggets and if Portland gets going they could beat the Hornets. Some upsets in the first round a possibility.I would have never guessed the Suns would not make the playoffs. And wanting to trade Amare or anyone but Nash.

sook
02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
this has no substance. I guarantee you that a major trade will upset the order of the west once mroe.

And its deff. going to be Utah or Phoenix

jack sommerset
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
this has no substance. I guarantee you that a major trade will upset the order of the west once mroe.

And its deff. going to be Utah or Phoenix

No doubt but it would be a good first round in West. I think the East is good but it probably won't be good until 2nd round.

Cry Havoc
02-08-2009, 10:33 PM

Lakers vs Jazz
Spews vs Mavericks
Rockets vs Nuggets
Portland vs Hornets

Even with Bynum out the Lakers look to be the best. I can see Mavericks knocking off the Spews. Rockets over Nuggets and if Portland gets going they could beat the Hornets. Some upsets in the first round a possibility.I would have never guessed the Suns would not make the playoffs. And wanting to trade Amare or anyone but Nash.

:lmao

The best thing about your post is how incredibly, obviously afraid of the Spurs you are.

21_Blessings
02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
4-1 without Bynum or a healthy Ariza. Yeah I'm sure he's shaking in his boots at the prospect of a Spurs/Lakres series.

mystargtr34
02-08-2009, 10:42 PM
4-1 without Bynum or a healthy Ariza. Yeah I'm sure he's shaking in his boots at the prospect of a Spurs/Lakres series.

How did that one turn out for ya?

Ghazi
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
4-1

anakha
02-08-2009, 10:47 PM
1) :lmao at the OP's 'rational, objective, and completely unbiased' analysis.

2) :lmao at Laker fan from turning it into Spurs vs. Lakers, yet again.

Biggems

Lakers vs Jazz
Spews vs Mavericks
Rockets vs Nuggets
Portland vs Hornets

Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets
Portland

Lakers
Spurs

Spurs

Biggems
4-1

and so the bandwagoner speaks

Ditty
02-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Lakers vs Jazz
Spews vs Mavericks
Rockets vs Nuggets
Portland vs Hornets

houston wont even get past the nuggets

enjoy another first round exit :toast

Rogue
02-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Lakers are unbeatable to most of the western teams including spurs, except suns that owns Shaq who always Kobe feel disgusted every time they meet.

Pelicans78
02-08-2009, 10:51 PM
i think we would beat Portland in a 7 game series. Chandler will hold his own against Oden, Paul will abuse their PGs and Dwest always outperforms Aldridge. If we limit Roy, then we will win easily.

Ditty
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
i think we would beat Portland in a 7 game series. Chandler will hold his own against Oden, Paul will abuse their PGs and Dwest always outperforms Aldridge. If we limit Roy, then we will win easily.

espically if sean marks is getting 18 points :wow

Pelicans78
02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
espically if sean marks is getting 18 points :wow

He's our secret weapon. He's our Robert Horry, James Posey even though we have James Posey.

djohn2oo8
02-08-2009, 11:22 PM
houston wont even get past the nuggets

enjoy another first round exit :toast

And the spurs will be resting their big three once more when Lakers beat the shit out of em'. :fight

Lars
02-08-2009, 11:28 PM
I dont like the NO vs Portland matchup, neither deserves to be in the second round.

NIH
02-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I'd love to play Portland, that would be an easy 4-0, 4-1 series for us.

DrHouse
02-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I will say this.

If Andrew Bynum is able to come back at 80-90% of what he was before he went down there is not a team in the WC that will beat them in a 7 game series.

Biggems
02-09-2009, 12:05 AM
I will say this.

If Andrew Bynum is able to come back at 80-90% of what he was before he went down there is not a team in the WC that will beat them in a 7 game series.

Except the Spurs

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Except the Spurs

not w/o a couple significant additions before the trade deadline. LA is too big and deep for SA right now

Pelicans78
02-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Its hard to say about the Spurs. I think they are slightly better than last year's team, especially with Mason around. I don't know how Bonner is gonna much about against their bigs. Also, will Manu be healthy this time around? Its easy to rule out the Spurs, but they execute so well in pressure situations they can compete with anyone. They can't afford to blow big leads like they did in Games 1 and 5. I think they can win at least two games this time around, but the Lakers still have the edge in my opinion.

DrHouse
02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
The Spur's problem against the Lakers is they don't really have the personnel to stop the Laker's frontcourt attack. The Lakers have shown in the two regular season games that they can get a lot of easy pts in the paint. The Spurs were relegated to mostly jump shots.

I don't know about you but I'll take the team that's scoring easy pts in the paint over the team that has to hit jumpshots any day of the week in a 7 game series.

Ditty
02-09-2009, 12:35 AM
And the spurs will be resting their big three once more when Lakers beat the shit out of em'. :fight

and the rockets favorite team the jazz elmianates the rockets once again but shit at least we got to the lakers :rollin

ElNono
02-09-2009, 12:38 AM
The Spur's problem against the Lakers is they don't really have the personnel to stop the Laker's frontcourt attack. The Lakers have shown in the two regular season games that they can get a lot of easy pts in the paint. The Spurs were relegated to mostly jump shots.

I don't know about you but I'll take the team that's scoring easy pts in the paint over the team that has to hit jumpshots any day of the week in a 7 game series.

I'm really not concerned about the Lakers frontline, Gasol specifically. I'm more concerned about our players staying healthy. We'll talk about matchups when and if we get there. But I like the Spurs chances against any team when they're all healthy...

Rapper
02-09-2009, 01:05 AM
I still think that Mavs is the only team can beat the spurs in playoffs except Lakers

Ditty
02-09-2009, 01:08 AM
I still think that Mavs is the only team can beat the spurs in playoffs except Lakers

i highly doubt it

the last 2 years we have played the mavs 2 times late in the season in dallas and we have won both because the spurs had it together and finally saw how other teams exploited the mavs this aint the same mavs team that was better than us for ONE PLAY they dont have avery johnson anymore, they probably wont have crackhouse or devin harris im not saying we will win a sweep i say we would win in 6 games at worse this spurs team is so much etter than the 2006 team DALLAS WOULDNT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST MARK MY WORD well see about this later this month :flag:

Kobe™
02-09-2009, 01:45 AM
I don't see anyone taking us farther then 5.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2007212.gif

Ghazi
02-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Oh hasn't history taught us anything?

It was the same story last year in the playoffs, the Lakers were heavily favored against the Celtics, I'm sure many forgot that after the 131-92 ass kicking, but despite their superior record and regular season, the Celtics were underdogs.

The Lakers were favorites, their bench was lauded yet grossly outplayed by the Celtics bench. The Zenmaster was lauded but grossly outcoached by Doc Rivers. The primadonna drama queen team adulterer was lauded but shot an abysmal 40%.

Same story, different year. The Lakers are a good team, very good in fact, but over hyped at the same time. Still too soft, still too reliant on finesse bullshit.

There are many years where this years Lakers team would win a title, but the problem for them this year is the King.

The Kobe/Pau/Bynum Lakers will not win a championship within the next 2-3 years. After that, their roster will be aged and the up and coming teams like the Jazz, Blazers, and Thunder will be ready to overlap them as Western juggernauts.

djohn2oo8
02-09-2009, 07:14 AM
I think suns Lakers could be a good matchup, but they did just play detroit (no fucking defense), so it might just be cake for the lakers.

Killakobe81
02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Oh hasn't history taught us anything?

It was the same story last year in the playoffs, the Lakers were heavily favored against the Celtics, I'm sure many forgot that after the 131-92 ass kicking, but despite their superior record and regular season, the Celtics were underdogs.

The Lakers were favorites, their bench was lauded yet grossly outplayed by the Celtics bench. The Zenmaster was lauded but grossly outcoached by Doc Rivers. The primadonna drama queen team adulterer was lauded but shot an abysmal 40%.

Same story, different year. The Lakers are a good team, very good in fact, but over hyped at the same time. Still too soft, still too reliant on finesse bullshit.

i agree most TV experts picked the Lakers ....and i told some fellow Laker fans without Bynum i was nervous ...I dont think we are clear favorites and without Bynum I dont feel that way this year but with Bynum we are best in the league
There are many years where this years Lakers team would win a title, but the problem for them this year is the King.

The Kobe/Pau/Bynum Lakers will not win a championship within the next 2-3 years. After that, their roster will be aged and the up and coming teams like the Jazz, Blazers, and Thunder will be ready to overlap them as Western juggernauts.

djohn2oo8
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Lakers will win 10 more championships before Mavs get their first one

sook
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Lakers will win 10 more championships before Mavs get their first one

really?!?! I always thouguh 11

dirk4mvp
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
really?!?! I always thouguh 11

You should hope LeBron decides to play football for a year later in his career, or the Rockets won't be winning any titles either.

What happened to all that shit the Rocketfans were talking in the preseason?

Xylus
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Suns are making the playoffs, sons!

pauls931
02-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Suns are making the playoffs, sons!

I just hope porter takes not of yesterday's game. The Pistons suck, but the suns need to run a running offense when shaq is on the bench. Then slow it down and feed him when nash is on the bench. Of course D is a problem, but no need to f'up both Offense and Defense...

sook
02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
You should hope LeBron decides to play football for a year later in his career, or the Rockets won't be winning any titles either.

What happened to all that shit the Rocketfans were talking in the preseason?

you need to chill. I don't have any beef with Dallas, i have relatives there and have been to games and cheered them on. In other words, it was a joke.

jack sommerset
02-09-2009, 04:30 PM

The best thing about your post is how incredibly, obviously afraid of the Spurs you are.

I am so afraid of the Spews. I can't sleep the night before I play the Spews. I am afraid I will get shut out, I won't be able to defend the Mangoo, Duncan will go for 30 points and 20 rebounds. I pray coach keeps me on the bench.:lmao

You are a homer. I'm talking about if the season ended today that the NBA would have a pretty damn good 1st round in the West but the lame ass homer you are only can see I said the Spews could lose to the Mavericks.

"Obviously" such a fag.

stretch
02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
LMAO @ drhouses signature pic

another insecure kobe cocksucker

LMAO when the Cavs beat the Lakers 4-2 in the Finals.

j-money24
02-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't see anyone taking us farther then 5.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2007212.gif

its time to take out that lamar garbage pic.
and dayum that gurl in ur avatar is sexy

j-money24
02-09-2009, 10:02 PM
in my opinion, rockets are the only team i see that has portential and get it together by playoff time that would beat my lakers.

sook
02-09-2009, 10:05 PM
FUCK te rockets don't even have their damn pick. This team will go nowhere WAKE THE FUCK UP MOREY AND DO SOMETHING

ezau
02-09-2009, 10:31 PM

Get out of the first round with T-Maybe and we'll talk

Ghazi
02-09-2009, 10:38 PM
in my opinion, rockets are the only team i see that has portential and get it together by playoff time that would beat my lakers.

Please, the Rockets don't have any potential. They've been an "on paper" team for years now.

No team with T-Quitter and Yao in its core will ever win a championship

Yao is an "empty stats" big man ala David West, Elton Brand, Al jefferson etc etc. These guys do not impact the gay in a way the likes of Shaq (in his prime), Duncan, and Hakeem do.

And then you have T-Quitter, the problem with T-Quitter is his mentality. T-Quitter isn't thinking about a championship, and thus doesn't play with an urgency that contending teams do. T-Quitter is thinking about shutting the critics up by getting out of the 1st round. But he's not even capable of that, due to his mental and physical frailties.

Oh, and then you have Ron Artest. Ron Artest isn't thinking about winning a championship, and thus does not play with the urgency contending teams do. He is thinking about his next rap album. Not to mention Artest was never a great player anyway.

But then you have a nice little bench and role players for the Rockets, the problem is role players and benches don't win championships if they're not complimenting superstars. The Rockets have no superstars.

Pelicans78
02-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Please, the Rockets don't have any potential. They've been an "on paper" team for years now.

No team with T-Quitter and Yao in its core will ever win a championship

Yao is an "empty stats" big man ala Dirk Nowitzki, David West, Elton Brand, Al jefferson etc etc. These guys do not impact the gay in a way the likes of Shaq (in his prime), Duncan, and Hakeem do.

And then you have T-Quitter, the problem with T-Quitter is his mentality. T-Quitter isn't thinking about a championship, and thus doesn't play with an urgency that contending teams do. T-Quitter is thinking about shutting the critics up by getting out of the 1st round. But he's not even capable of that, due to his mental and physical frailties.

Oh, and then you have Ron Artest. Ron Artest isn't thinking about winning a championship, and thus does not play with the urgency contending teams do. He is thinking about his next rap album. Not to mention Artest was never a great player anyway.

But then you have a nice little bench and role players for the Rockets, the problem is role players and benches don't win championships if they're not complimenting superstars. The Rockets have no superstars.

Fixed. :lol

Ghazi
02-09-2009, 10:58 PM
No, it's not even close. Dirk makes a huge impact on the offenisve end of the floor. Brand/Jefferson/West/Yao just put up stats.

Defenses are always thrown in flux by our beloved Nowitzki, and if we had a back to basket player, slasher, or shooters, it'd cause fits.

Pelicans78
02-09-2009, 11:11 PM
No, it's not even close. Dirk makes a huge impact on the offenisve end of the floor. Brand/Jefferson/West/Yao just put up stats.

Defenses are always thrown in flux by our beloved Nowitzki, and if we had a back to basket player, slasher, or shooters, it'd cause fits.

Dirk is supposed to be a back to basket player. He's had 10 years in the league to master that game. David West is 6'8 or 6'9 at the most so he has to face up and shoot against bigger defenders. Dirk is taller than most PFs in the league. It's his job to post up down low.

j-money24
02-09-2009, 11:52 PM
dirk is soft

ezau
02-10-2009, 02:40 AM

4-1 with a Ginobili walking with one leg.

LA's winning percentage in the Finals= 48 %
Spurs' winning percentage in the Finals= 100 %

dirk4mvp
02-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Dirk is supposed to be a back to basket player. He's had 10 years in the league to master that game. David West is 6'8 or 6'9 at the most so he has to face up and shoot against bigger defenders. Dirk is taller than most PFs in the league. It's his job to post up down low.

Is that some kind of rule?

dirk4mvp
02-10-2009, 02:43 AM
dirk is soft

So is Kobe.

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 04:13 AM
4-1 with a Ginobili walking with one leg.

LA's winning percentage in the Finals= 48 %
Spurs' winning percentage in the Finals= 100 %

14 > 4. How many times do you have to get owned to understand this? Nobody on this forum outside of yourself would rather have 4 rings than 14 rings.

And Ginobili was not walking on one leg or else he wouldn't have scored 30pts in Game 3. He was impaired, but not enough to where he couldn't play. The bottom line is at least you had him available.

Lakers had no Bynum. No Trevor Ariza. Two KEY players who make a tremendous defensive impact on the team.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 04:19 AM
the 48% v 100% is the most arbitrary statistic evar.

I'd rather lose in the Finals half the time than lose in the 1st, 2nd, WCF, or MISS the playoffs that year instead.

ezau
02-10-2009, 04:50 AM
14 > 4. How many times do you have to get owned to understand this? Nobody on this forum outside of yourself would rather have 4 rings than 14 rings.

And Ginobili was not walking on one leg or else he wouldn't have scored 30pts in Game 3. He was impaired, but not enough to where he couldn't play. The bottom line is at least you had him available.

Lakers had no Bynum. No Trevor Ariza. Two KEY players who make a tremendous defensive impact on the team.

Do you know what percentages are all about? You can't argue with numbers and the fact that the Spurs have a better winning percentage than the Lakers in the Finals, tell the other side of the story that most Laker fans are forgetting. I suggest that you stop watching any show with Hugh Laurie in it and try understanding percentages instead.

ezau
02-10-2009, 04:53 AM
the 48% v 100% is the most arbitrary statistic evar.

I'd rather lose in the Finals half the time than lose in the 1st, 2nd, WCF, or MISS the playoffs that year instead.

Try to win a championship and we'll talk. Sorry to blow your bubble but it appears that your team will not be winning in the next two decades. Enjoy your trolling because your team will be in rebuilding mode next season

Sportstudi
02-10-2009, 06:35 AM

Why? Only because it's common? Many teams have problems to guard Dirk because he has a perimeter game. IMO that shows his ability to cause problems for other players because they are not used to his game. I read stories earlier (in the his first 3-4 years in the league) that many people criticized Dirk due to his game like "it's not common", "a guard should do his job" etc... You're talkin' about a 7-footer who is one of the best scorers in the league. Yes, he has his flaws on defense, but on offense you can't ask about much more. Up to now he has already scored over 18,000 points and if he retires with something around 25,000 I wouldn't wonder.

Shastafarian
02-10-2009, 08:15 AM
14 > 4
How many of those were you alive for?

ElNono
02-10-2009, 08:47 AM

3 > 0. That's how many rings THIS Spurs team have won vs how many rings THIS Laker team have won. Truth is, this Laker team just falls short when it matters the most.

Please. Ginobili was our leading scorer and most consistent player last season. It would be like taking Kobe out of the Lakers equation. You think you had a chance against us without Kobe?

You have a good team right now, with a bright future. You're just going to fall short to the Spurs, a multiple-championship team. There's no shame in that at all. The time for your team to succeed will come, just not this season.

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
3 > 0. That's how many rings THIS Spurs team have won vs how many rings THIS Laker team have won. Truth is, this Laker team just falls short when it matters the most.

Please. Ginobili was our leading scorer and most consistent player last season. It would be like taking Kobe out of the Lakers equation. You think you had a chance against us without Kobe?

You have a good team right now, with a bright future. You're just going to fall short to the Spurs, a multiple-championship team. There's no shame in that at all. The time for your team to succeed will come, just not this season.

So Ginobili = Kobe???

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ElNono
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM

So Ginobili = Kobe???

Their value towards their team is what I compared. Ginobili was the leading Spurs scorer last season. Kobe was the Lakers leading scorer.
I was clear the first time I posted it. Obviously retards like you have reading comprehension problems.

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
14 > 4?

Parker: 3 titles, 1 Finals MVP

Kobe: 3 titles, 0 Finals MVP

Parker > Kobe

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 12:48 PM
14 > 4?

Parker: 3 titles, 1 Finals MVP

Kobe: 3 titles, 0 Finals MVP

Parker > Kobe

Wait wait.....now Parker > Kobe????

ElNono
02-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Sucks to be a Laker fan when you realize this team is a virgin when it comes to NBA Championships. There's always that doubt 'Are they good enough to take that last step?'. At that point you remember the complete ass beating Boston put on that team.

Reminds me of Mav fans the year after they dropped the ball in Miami. They were winning regular season games like there was no tomorrow. Then came Golden State and the Spurs lifted the trophy.

Or even earlier, in 2004, when the Lakers thought they had us figured out, went to choke on the Finals and had to tear that team apart. They pumped up Detroit to justify their mess, and we ended up lifting Mr Larry by beating that same Detroit team a year later.

History has a way of repeating itself...
I tell you what, if we win the championship this year (and beating Boston), that's some mother fucking Deja Vu!

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
This edition of the Spurs are NBA championship virgins as well :)

Mason and Hill weren't around for the titles, same with Kurt Thomas

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
It's going to be Spurs Lakers. Nothing else matters, that's the inevitable WCF.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Not if our beloved motherfucking MAVERICKS have anything to say about it.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure what to make of the Spurs just yet.

They've had so many close calls this year that you feel they're a little bit lucky to have achieved their 34-15 record.

Denver and Portland have superior margin of victories, although not by much.

If the Spurs play with fire in the last 33 like they have for the first 49, their record may not be all that impressive. Their record in close games is a tad lucky.

I think they need to play better. :)

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh, and Matt Bonner as the starting 5 is a gimmick if I've ever heard of one. That's like Barea starting at the 2, shit just won't work in the long term.

They must address that, for no team with Bonner as the center will ever win a championship.

ElNono
02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
This edition of the Spurs are NBA championship virgins as well :)

Mason and Hill weren't around for the titles, same with Kurt Thomas

Our core (Pop/Bowen/Manu/Tony/Timmy) is intact. You know it's what matters, the rest of the parts are replaceable. That core won championships with Barry, Finley, Mohammed, Nesterovic, Willis, Rose, SJax...

The Lakers, on the other hand, got rid of Shaq, one of their main core guys. Can they win it with Gasol? So far they can't...

ElNono
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh, and Matt Bonner as the starting 5 is a gimmick if I've ever heard of one. That's like Barea starting at the 2, shit just won't work in the long term.

They must address that, for no team with Bonner as the center will ever win a championship.

I'm sure we're looking into something... that said, if Pop thinks we can fly with that, then we'll fly with that. I certainly trust more his understanding of the game than yours...

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
I think the Spurs have a shot against the Lakers if they address the gimmick that is Bonner starting at the 5 and if Bynum is out

It's kinda odd that a 21 YO center with a history of knee injuries is a bother to the greatest PF of all time, but that's exactly what Bynum is to Duncan.

The_Game
02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
lakers will win the title if healthly, they are simple the best team. They made the finals without two key players. Lets see how L.A do if they stay healthly...nothing should stop them.

unless Pop makes a move at the deadline we will be looking at losing in 5 to L.A once again.

ElNono
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
It's kinda odd that a 21 YO center with a history of knee injuries is a bother to the greatest PF of all time, but that's exactly what Bynum is to Duncan.

I would wait until they play a series in the playoffs... Tim's intensity goes up several notches then... We'll see if Bynum can handle him then...

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Sucks to be a Laker fan when you realize this team is a virgin when it comes to NBA Championships. There's always that doubt 'Are they good enough to take that last step?'. At that point you remember the complete ass beating Boston put on that team.

Reminds me of Mav fans the year after they dropped the ball in Miami. They were winning regular season games like there was no tomorrow. Then came Golden State and the Spurs lifted the trophy.

Or even earlier, in 2004, when the Lakers thought they had us figured out, went to choke on the Finals and had to tear that team apart. They pumped up Detroit to justify their mess, and we ended up lifting Mr Larry by beating that same Detroit team a year later.

History has a way of repeating itself...
I tell you what, if we win the championship this year (and beating Boston), that's some mother fucking Deja Vu!

Except the Spurs have shown no indication that they can compete against a fully healthy Laker squad in a 7 game series.

The Lakers frontcourt simply dominates the Spurs. The Lakers can get high percentage looks whenever they want. I'll take the team that is generating shot attempts in the paint over the team that is bombing 3's any day of the week in a 7 game series.

The writing is on the wall. Unless the Spurs make serious changes to their front court they aren't going to the Finals.

ElNono
02-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Except the Spurs have shown no indication that they can compete against a fully healthy Laker squad in a 7 game series.

They did. We're 1-1 in the season, and Manu was not even fully recovered when we beat you the first game.

The Lakers frontcourt simply dominates the Spurs. The Lakers can get high percentage looks whenever they want. I'll take the team that is generating shot attempts in the paint over the team that is bombing 3's any day of the week in a 7 game series.

Not true. Gasol is STILL Duncan's bitch. There's also two tidbits about this: When Ginobili got in the paint, he did whatever he wanted (Game 1 this season). We also have beat opponents that outscored us in the paint plenty of times this season (For example, Boston last weekend). And that has to do with our improved offense. Our defense will be there when we need it. We were too beat down last season by the time we got to face you. Pop has done something about it this time around.

The writing is on the wall. Unless the Spurs make serious changes to their front court they aren't going to the Finals.

We're rested. We're fresh. We're healthy. If we stay that way we can beat anybody at any time. Including the Lakers.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2009, 02:21 PM
The Lakers get the edge in a series right now, but it would be a 6-7 game series for sure.

As unfortunate as it sounds, there aren't really any teams that could upset the Lakers or Spurs prior to the WCF. It's pretty inevitable.

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 02:52 PM
6-7 games is being generous.

The Spurs simply do not matchup well with the Lakers. Their frontcourt has shown it is incapable of shutting down the paint and stopping easy baskets. There is no way the Spurs can win unless they address that problem.

If you look at how they won by 1pt against a Laker team playing a b2b and missing 3 rotation players, they simply bombed 3's all game long. They shot the lights out and were only able to win by 1pt because of a fluke Fisher foul at the end of the game. The loss showed me the Lakers have nothing to fear. The Spurs can't replicate the kind of shooting necessary for them to win 4 times. We saw what happened in the next matchup against a fully healthy rested Laker team. The Spurs got blown out so badly Pop didn't even bother playing his Big 3 in the 4th. All it took was two back-to-back 3's and the game was blown wide open.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Spurs fans are sure confident. if we discount mason's fluke shot, the lakers are 7-1 in their last 8 games against the Spurs (including the playoffs).

If Spurs are allowed such confidence, then we Mavs fans should be confident as well :). We're 0-5 in our last 5 against the Lakers, but 4 of those came down to the final minute and we had a double digit lead 4 of those games! 2 without our beloved J-Ho!

but of course, when you lose to a team 5/5 times, chances are you'll be unable to beat them 4 times out of 7.

same goes for if you lose to a team 7/8 times (6/8 if we count Mason's fluke).

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
that spurs "win" earlier this year was a moral defeat anyway. the lakers ate up a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter against the spurs, in San Antonio, and the spurs needed lucky duncan and mason shots to win the game, by 1 point.

that was the problem last year for Spurs, offensive droughts at inopportune times.

I think they've done better in that regard this year... I did see it v the Lakers and v the Hornets though.

Sportstudi
02-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Spurs fans are sure confident. if we discount mason's fluke shot, the lakers are 7-1 in their last 8 games against the Spurs (including the playoffs).

If Spurs are allowed such confidence, then we Mavs fans should be confident as well :). We're 0-5 in our last 5 against the Lakers, but 4 of those came down to the final minute and we had a double digit lead 4 of those games! 2 without our beloved J-Ho!

but of course, when you lose to a team 5/5 times, chances are you'll be unable to beat them 4 times out of 7.

same goes for if you lose to a team 7/8 times (6/8 if we count Mason's fluke).

Well, I can of course only speak for me, but I don't like him that much... He pissed me off way too often in the past. And I don't have a problem to post it even on a spurs-board.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah, J-Blunt is one of my least favorite Mavs.

but we must support him as long as he wears the uniform, in spite of his drug addiction and anthem bashing ways,.

ElNono
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
The Lakers just don't have the material to challenge the Spurs come playoff time. Outside of Kobe and Fisher, nobody else knows what it takes to win it all. Their front court is the least of my worries. We do need another mobile big because we need to defend guys like West (who's been sucking lately), Dirk, and Shaq (because Tim has to take him and that wear him out). Thomas can defend Bynum just fine, and TD can bitchslap Gasol like usual. Plus at the end of the day, when the game is close, Kobe taking the last shot not anybody in the frontcourt (If the bigs were REALLY getting whatever look they wanted, you would think a smart coach like Phil would go with the easy shot).

We've been resting players, looking at the big picture, and in the meantime developing out bench with guys that can contribute. So far everything is coming along according to plan. Barring any injury, we should be in a great position to get our 5th Larry in 10 years. Now, if we could only stop guys like Hollinger from jumping in our bandwagon, the journey would be even sweeter.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
David West?

Shit, Matt Bonner could lock down david west.

ElNono
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
that spurs "win" earlier this year was a moral defeat anyway. the lakers ate up a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter against the spurs, in San Antonio, and the spurs needed lucky duncan and mason shots to win the game, by 1 point.

that was the problem last year for Spurs, offensive droughts at inopportune times.

I think they've done better in that regard this year... I did see it v the Lakers and v the Hornets though.

We're taking the regular season for what it is: A practice session for the veterans and to give young guys experience.
No better example than the Cavs beating us badly twice in the regular season in 07, followed by a NBA Finals sweep by the Spurs.
We're just throttling. We'll be ready when the playoffs come around.
And we're confident because we've been there before with this same core, and while there's always room for improvement, we're playing top notch ball again.

2Cleva
The Lakers just don't have the material to challenge the Spurs come playoff time. Outside of Kobe and Fisher, nobody else knows what it takes to win it all. Their front court is the least of my worries. We do need another mobile big because we need to defend guys like West (who's been sucking lately), Dirk, and Shaq (because Tim has to take him and that wear him out). Thomas can defend Bynum just fine, and TD can bitchslap Gasol like usual. Plus at the end of the day, when the game is close, Kobe taking the last shot not anybody in the frontcourt (If the bigs were REALLY getting whatever look they wanted, you would think a smart coach like Phil would go with the easy shot).

That would have been a decent argument last playoffs. LA has been there, done that, when it comes to the Spurs in the playoffs and even with Ginobili healthy, LA is a better team this year than last year - with or without Bynum.

But hey, positive thinking never hurt.

ElNono
David West?

Shit, Matt Bonner could lock down david west.

He gave us a lot of problems in the last playoff series. Then again, he was playing incredibly well back then. You should remember better than most.

ElNono
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM

That would have been a decent argument last playoffs. LA has been there, done that, when it comes to the Spurs in the playoffs and even with Ginobili healthy, LA is a better team this year than last year - with or without Bynum.

But hey, positive thinking never hurt.

Really? I would have sworn the Boston Celtics won the title, and the Lakers fell short. Backdoor sweep anyone?
You beat us with a Ginobili injured and a team that was beat up. This year we're taking measures to address that. And our team is also better than last year team.
I would rather have Bynum playing too. So you don't get any excuses either. But it's not up to us what happens with Andrew.

2Cleva
02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Really? I would have sworn the Boston Celtics won the title, and the Lakers fell short. Backdoor sweep anyone?
You beat us with a Ginobili injured and a team that was beat up. This year we're taking measures to address that. And our team is also better than last year team.
I would rather have Bynum playing too. So you don't get any excuses either. But it's not up to us what happens with Andrew.

Wrong on so many levels.

I could have swore the Lakers beat the Spurs in the playoffs? I could have swore LA won games 3 & 5 against Boston - what kind of sweep was that.

SA is more athletic than last year. They are also worse on defense and less physical than in the past.

But I'll leave it alone for now. We'll see come May.

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
The Lakers have already beaten the Spurs 4 times in this decade alone.

Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, and Derek Fisher have all had experience in the 4 playoff wins in this decade. They won decisively last season 4-1. There is no question of IF the Lakers can beat the Spurs, they already have done it. Phil Jackson knows exactly how to beat Pop's teams and the proof is in the pudding, 4-1.

ElNono
02-10-2009, 03:58 PM

Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant, and Derek Fisher have all had experience in the 4 playoff wins in this decade. They won decisively last season 4-1. There is no question of IF the Lakers can beat the Spurs, they already have done it. Phil Jackson knows exactly how to beat Pop's teams and the proof is in the pudding, 4-1.

And the Spurs have beaten the Lakers with Phil Jackson before and after the 3-peat also. With Shaq to boot. Pop also knows how to beat Phil. You guys luckied out last year, with Ginobili being injured, and with us getting the tough matchup in the previous round.
Those problems have been addressed this season. The question is wether the Lakers will lucky out again with one of our guys getting injured to make the series competitive. Otherwise, it's the Spurs and no longer than 6 games really.

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-10-2009, 04:00 PM

SpurFan: Manu was injured.
DrMouth: 4-1

SpurFan: Scheduling favored LA.

SpurFan: Spurs overall were injured/older/missing new components compared to 2009's team.

SpurFan: Spurs lost 15+ point leads in 3 of the 4 losses, while blowing out the Lakers in their one win.
DrMouth: 4-1, 4-1, 4-1 HEE HAW HEE HAW HEE HAW

The_Game
02-10-2009, 04:33 PM
manu was no more injured than kobe in that playoff series

fact is all idiots on here do is point to many not being healthly? HELLO....bynum and ariza weren't there at all

anonoftheinternets
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
manu was no more injured than kobe in that playoff series

fact is all idiots on here do is point to many not being healthly? HELLO....bynum and ariza weren't there at all

Whatever you say, laker fan

ElNono
02-10-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm just trolling the troll I'm supposed to troll. Nothing new there.
Talk is cheap. I can sure do it too.
Like 2Cleva said, we'll see where we're at when May comes around.

ezau
02-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Not if our beloved motherfucking MAVERICKS have anything to say about it.

why are you so up with your loser team when everybody knows that it's done this season? Your team hasn't proven anything and I believe that Dirk should ask for a trade before his physical skills begin to deteriorate.

Mavs= chokers, losers, and underachievers

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 08:28 PM
4-3 faggot

ezau
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM
4-3 faggot

4 rings bitch. Talk shit if you've got rings to back you up

:lobt2:See this? That's a Championship trophy and you won't be seeing one in the next 30 years. Give it 50 years and the Mavs might get one

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 08:36 PM

:lobt2:See this? That's a Championship trophy and you won't be seeing one in the next 30 years. Give it 50 years and the Mavs might get one

14 >>>>> 4.

Talk shit if you got the rings to back it up.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 08:39 PM

You didn't go through the Mavs for any of those titles, except 2003 which was a fluke injury and Kerr hitting fluke shots.

So dont talk shit, you hit some fluke shots against the garbage Nets and Cavs, big fucking deal.

ezau
02-10-2009, 08:41 PM
You didn't go through the Mavs for any of those titles, except 2003 which was a fluke injury and Kerr hitting fluke shots.

So dont talk shit, you hit some fluke shots against the garbage Nets and Cavs, big fucking deal.

4 rings bitch. Your Mavs are done and no one will talk about your team in 30 years time.

:lobt2:Take a good look at this trophy because you ain't getting one faggot

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Living vicariously through your Spurs, how cute :toast

ezau
02-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Living vicariously through your Spurs, how cute :toast

:lobt2:Is this cuter? i bet it is, you've never seen one and you'll never will. Mavs fan doesn't have any right to talk shit about the Spurs. Win a championship first you'll get the privilege to trash talk:flag:

Rogue
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
14 >>>>> 4.

ezau
02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
so Dallas has 14 championships already? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

4/4 in NBA Finals bitch

I'd take trash talking from a Laker fan because they have the right to, but from a Dallas fan? Oh pleeeease, :lobt2:take a good look at that trophy loser

mavs>spurs2
02-10-2009, 09:07 PM
4 Rings Faggot!!!

ezau
02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
4 Rings Faggot!!!

So now you're cheering for the Spurs? hahahahahahaha:lmao

i know that Dallas is pathetic but to cheer against your team's rival is just plain pathetic. Seriously, I pity you Mavs fan.

Shastafarian
02-10-2009, 10:38 PM
14 >>>>> 4.

I'll ask again. How many of those 14 have you been alive for? How many have you actually seen?

dirk4mvp
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
4 Rings Faggot!!!

When did this happen?

ezau
02-11-2009, 12:31 AM
14 >>>>> 4.

100 percent is better than 48 percent. :lobt:

mavs>spurs2
02-11-2009, 12:34 AM
100 percent is better than 48 percent. :lobt:

14 is more than 4 :lobt2:

ezau
02-11-2009, 02:40 AM
14 is more than 4 :lobt2:

Dallas has 14 rings? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

endrity
02-11-2009, 09:00 AM
^I am starting to think it as well. This Spurs team is starting to resemble a typical Spurs championship team. Slow starter, pick it up in the Rodeo trip with some big wins, big three playing really well, defense coming together. Honestly, I think their biggest matchup problem is the Lakers because of the speed and agility of their frontcourt compared to the Spurs one. But if they get past the Lakers I think the Spurs can beat both the Cavs/Boston. Those two teams like to play the Spurs game, tough and slow, but the Spurs at their peak are just better at it.