PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill 2/9: Beasley for Amare? Wally for Camby?

layupdrill
02-09-2009, 06:41 AM
As the Amare Stoudemire trade watch (http://layupdrill.com/2009/02/nets-make-official-offer-for-stoudemire/) continues, word out of South Beach is that the Heat want to talk. The Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/basketball/story/894804.html) reports this morning that the Heat may be offering up Michael Beasley, the 2nd overall pick is this past summers NBA Draft, along with a future draft pick for Amare. While this may intrigue the Suns, Miami doesn’t seem to be resting solely on that move. Other names being rumored to be on their radar in exchange for Shawn Marion include Jermaine O’Neal, Brad Miller, and Tyson Chandler. Heat management seem intent in bringing in a big man who can help Dwayne Wade win now, and convince him to re-sign next summer. Stay tuned….
After their first home loss of the season to the Lakers, two things seemed clear: 1. Cleveland needs helps in the paint, and 2. they better trade Wally Szczerbiak while he’s hot. The Cleveland Plain Dealer (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/02/trade_deadline_looming_cavs_in.html) reports today that Cleveland may focus on the first one, and may need to use Wally to accomplish it. The two forward/centers on their radar are the Clippers Marcus Camby and Joe Smith from the OKC Thunder. In Camby, they may have to trade a combination of Delonte West along with Wally. OKC may take the expiring contract of Wally alone. Some may feel they are going for broke this year, but with no certainty that Lebron James is going to re-sign next year, wouldn’t you?
In an update from yesterdays report (http://layupdrill.com/2009/02/nets-make-official-offer-for-stoudemire/)that the Nets had made a concrete offer for Amare Stoudemire, The NY Post reports different. Nets GM Kiki Vandeweghe did confirm there has been “exploratory talk” regarding a deal, however nothing official had been offered yet. Most league executives feel the Pistons are the favorites in the Amare trade watch, with the potential to offer expiring contracts in Rasheed Wallace, Allen Iverson, or Richard Hamilton and Teyshaun Prince.

http://layupdrill.com/2009/02/miami-offering-michael-beasley-for-stoudemire/

KidCongo
02-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Cavs can't trade for Joe Smith.

Chieflion
02-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Wally for Camby?
Here are your 2009 NBA champions, the Cleveland Cavaliers.

MrChug
02-09-2009, 07:04 AM
I think Beasley to the PHX Suns isn't the WORST move they'd ever make. Beasley needs to breathe some life into that team. They're flatlining.

layupdrill
02-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I think Beasley to the PHX Suns isn't the WORST move they'd ever make. Beasley needs to breathe some life into that team. They're flatlining.

I agree. I think if Miami gambled and felt they could get Amare to sign an extension beyond next year, you seriously think about making that move.

TDMVPDPOY
02-09-2009, 08:01 AM
i doubt the spurs are lookn at any big name players to come here in a trade

most possible scenario are players at the end of playing careers being traded here who can still contribute....

vinsanity no. and i prefer we dont do any trades to the mavs, suns, lakers, hornets, celtics...

Supergirl
02-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Pistons better not give up Tayshaun Prince. They'd be idiots to give him up for a guy who can't play defense. AI or Sheed are probably expendable for them.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Beasley would be nice, but I'm really tired of players who don't seem to care if the team wins or loses. Beasley's attitude is frustrating.

baseline bum
02-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Wally for Camby?
Here are your 2009 NBA champions, the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Cleveland already has a massively overrated past his prime defensive center. What they need is more scoring.

crc21209
02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Why would Cleveland want another big when they have Z and Wallace? I dunno Camby and Wallace seem like the same player to me. Wally for Camby is a ripoff for the Clips, gotta get more than that, Wally blows.

pauls931
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Anyone who trades for wally is going to get duped. He's hot because Lebron is drawing the D giving him wide open shots.

Double-Up
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't know if you make that Beasley for Amare deal if I'm Miami. He's still just a kid and I think he will develop into a force once he gets some experience. Amare has a questionable attitude and knees with no post game or man defense.

Ghazi
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
The Cavs have an 80% chance of winning a title as currently constructed. If they can turn Wally into a useful player, it becomes 100%

Wally has been good for the Cavs lately but I feel he is still expendable. They have enough shooters, especially when Delonte comes back.

JamStone
02-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Anyone who trades for wally is going to get duped. He's hot because Lebron is drawing the D giving him wide open shots.

Not if they trade for him strictly for his expiring contract.

pauls931
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Not if they trade for him strictly for his expiring contract.

yup, I didn't think about the money side of the equation.

Killakobe81
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
only way cleveland wins it all if they get a Gasol or KG type of steal ...plus a KG deal would not be enough because they sacrificed AL ...the Celts best player at the time ...
Ghazi no team has an 80% chance to win the title ...
Here's my guess
Lakers 30% (if Bynum is healthy less that if he is hurt)
Spurs 25%
Celts at 25%
Cavs 20%

If bynum is out
celts 30%
Laker Spurs at 25%
Cavs still at bottom of the four at 20%

angelbelow
02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
amare back with marion? lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
only way cleveland wins it all if they get a Gasol or KG type of steal ...plus a KG deal would not be enough because they sacrificed AL ...the Celts best player at the time ...
Here's my guess
Spurs Lakers at 25% celts 30% Cavs still at bottom of the four

That's a good way to put it. There's never been a team in NBA history with an 80% chance to win it all at the all star break.

iggypop123
02-09-2009, 09:21 PM
stein already said clippers consider gordon and camby their only players they dont want o move

Biggems
02-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Here's my guess
Spurs 25%
Celts at 25%
Cavs 20%

If bynum is out
celts 30%
Laker Spurs at 25%
Cavs still at bottom of the four at 20%

i agree...the best anyteam has is a 50% chance and that only happens once it is in the finals.

Ghazi
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
When you have the King, you have an 80% chance of winning a title.

DrHouse
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Ghazi you're kind of embarrassing yourself. Even Mav fans are disowning you.

Stick to your team and get off the King James bandwagon.

Ghazi
02-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Im just being a realist.

Chieflion
02-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Cleveland already has a massively overrated past his prime defensive center. What they need is more scoring.

Eh, no.

13 million to 10 million. Filler needed for Clippers.

To add on, Ilgauskas and Wallace may get injured anytime and there is not much big man depth.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 05:24 AM

Cleveland has the 3rd most efficient offense behind LA and Portland, scoring isn't an issue.

Their defense is solid too.

I think they need to address the lack of low post scoring or get an explosive wing to compliment Lebron. Lebron's shooting 35% v ORL/LA/BOS is probably somewhat related to Wally/Sasha getting significant minutes.

Camby isn't a low post scorer, but his offensive skills are much better than Ben's.