02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

A least someone loves us....:hat

Hollinger
02-09-2009, 12:02 PM
That's just because Marc's bad at math.

George Gervin's Afro
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Did the Spurs play yesterday? I went to ESPN and found they covered only one game.

benefactor
02-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Stein is probably getting a call from ESPN corporate right now...."Umm, Mark...we think you have the #2 and #4 team backwards."

IronMexican
02-09-2009, 12:28 PM
:hat #1

benefactor
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
:hat #1
...and deservedly so.

mathbzh
02-09-2009, 12:35 PM
That's just because Marc's bad at math.

Hi John, I just want to warn you. One more time, your beloved mathematics will betrayed you... despite your admirable and underrated works on playoffs odds, the Spurs will soon be a lock for the playoff... again...
Maybe you still have time to adjust your model and avoid this shame.
Best regards,
A fan

scanry
02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi John, I just want to warn you. One more time, your beloved mathematics will betrayed you... despite your admirable and underrated works on playoffs odds, the Spurs will soon be a lock for the playoff... again...
Maybe you still have time to adjust your model and avoid this shame.
Best regards,
A fan

Is he really Hollinger? I've always wanted to ask this.

Anyhow his Player's PER are okay, but the team rankings are an embarrassment though.

Death In June
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
I agree with these rankings. The only team I think the spurs have an outside shot of beating (when both clubs are fully healthy) are the lakers. I'm comfortable with the other matchups.

it's me
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Shit....dude is gonna get fired.

FromWayDowntown
02-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Did the Spurs play yesterday? I went to ESPN and found they covered only one game.

It would be funny (to me, at least) for someone to ask Stein in his chat this afternoon if he could confirm the rumor that the Spurs beat the Celtics yesterday, since there was almost no mention of it on ESPN.

YODA
02-09-2009, 01:17 PM
It would be funny (to me, at least) for someone to ask Stein in his chat this afternoon if he could confirm the rumor that the Spurs beat the Celtics yesterday, since there was almost no mention of it on ESPN.

I found this wierd too. I also noticed there wasnt much mentioned of it anywhere. I kinda thought it would be a big thing, but the LA and Clipper game seemed to draw all the attention

CubanMustGo
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Stein has always been the one ESPNite to give Spurs some consistent respect.

endrity
02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Stein has always been the one ESPNite to give Spurs some consistent respect.

Stein lives in Texas, so he covers the Texas teams pretty well. He always gave some love the Mavs when they were good as well.

benefactor
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Stein lives in Texas, so he covers the Texas teams pretty well. He always gave some love the Mavs when they were good as well.
I think he should have the Mavs above Utah though. They have won 5 out of 6 with wins in Orlando, in Miami and against Portland. The loss at Utah should matter about as much as the loss for us at Denver.

Allanon
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
CNNSI too, huge jump for the Spurs.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/paul_forrester/02/09/power.rankings/index.html?eref=T1

2 Last Week: 5 San Antonio Spurs (34-15)

First-year Spur Roger Mason Jr. keeps coming up with big shots. His latest was a go-ahead three-pointer with 20.4 seconds left in Sunday's win at Boston, San Antonio's ninth victory in 11 games. Mason also has nailed clutch, last-minute threes in victories against Phoenix, the Lakers and the Clippers. He ranks ninth in the league in three-pointers made (105) and seventh in percentage (44.7).