PDA

View Full Version : Report: TNT's Barkley set to return

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Charles Barkley will return to the TNT network as an NBA analyst soon after its airing of the All-Star Game on Sunday, the Sports Business Journal has reported.

Barkley
Barkley, who faces a drunken-driving charge after a Dec. 31 arrest, took a leave of absence last month. Test results revealed Barkley had a blood-alcohol level at .149, nearly twice the legal limit of .08 in Arizona.

"It wasn't a hard decision for me to give him some time off to get his legal matters straight and to get his personal life in order," Turner Sports president David Levy said, according to the report. "The question is, when is the right time to bring him back? There is no magic answer to that. It's just a gut feel."

While waiting for results of the blood test, TNT considered suspending Barkley if the results showed his blood-alcohol content was over the legal limit, a source told ESPN.com.

The network has not chosen a specific date for his return to its "Inside the NBA" studio show, the Sports Business Journal reported, and plans are forthcoming as to how Barkley will address the incident.

"We haven't really thought about it, but I'm sure Charles will have something to say," Levy said. "What's really nice is that he's had so much support from a lot of people in this challenging time for him. He's humbled a little bit."

pauls931
02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
If anyone has balls, they'd attach a breathalizer to the table where charles sits and make him take a whiff before he gets to talk. Or if he says something dumb, make him take a test...

SenorSpur
02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Barkley has a lot of followers and supporters. He owes it to them all to address this issue. However, he owes it to himself to address his problem.

DAF86
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiii!

baseline bum
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
If anyone has balls, they'd attach a breathalizer to the table where charles sits and make him take a whiff before he gets to talk. Or if he says something dumb, make him take a test...

I wouldn't want them to make light of Barkley's DUI like it's some joke. It's a pretty serious offense, and supremely selfish. Having met Barkley a few times, he's a really good guy, but he owes it to his fans to get out there and tell everyone how stupid he was to take his and others' lives into his hands like he did.

galvatron3000
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Charles doesn't owe me anything, I hope we all move on as no one was injured and he realizes it was dumb. case close, welcome back to the set Chuck,

pauls931
02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Charles doesn't owe me anything, I hope we all move on as no one was injured and he realizes it was dumb. case close, welcome back to the set Chuck,

:toast

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2009, 02:17 PM
we've all gotten behind the wheel before above the legal limit (that doesn't mean we were buzzed at all), and it was a stupid mistake for someone who can actually afford a cab, but hopefully he's learned and I can't wait to see him back

urunobili
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I miss chuck

Sec24Row7
02-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Thank God...

jonnybravo
02-09-2009, 05:55 PM
His gut feeling was probably seeing the ratings for GP in place of Chuck. I'm surprised it took this long.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-09-2009, 06:45 PM

agreed.

sonic21
02-09-2009, 07:31 PM
welcome back Chuck :tu