PDA

View Full Version : Repub Congressman Plagerized speech

JohnnyMarzetti
03-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Full Story (http://www.elkodaily.com/articles/2005/03/03/news/local/news1.txt)

ELKO - The speech delivered by U.S. Rep. Jim Gibbons, R-Nev., during Friday night's Lincoln Day Dinner in Elko was largely plagiarized from a copyrighted speech by Alabama State Auditor Beth Chapman.

Chapman told the Elko Daily Free Press this morning Gibbons had not requested permission to use her speech, which she said she delivered Feb. 2, 2003, at a Stand Up for America rally in Alabama.

She said Gibbons apologized today for using large portions of her speech.

"I spoke with him this morning and he has apologized," she said.

Chapman, a Republican, said Gibbons told her he did not realize the speech was copyrighted.

During his speech at Friday night's Lincoln Day Dinner, Gibbons did not mention that the speech had been written and previously delivered by Chapman.

"I don't remember where I got it," Gibbons said this morning. "I had no idea it was copyrighted."

Where are the family values people?
If adultery was something that pissed the right-wingers off and one of the Ten Commandments they hold up is also "Thou shalt not steal", where the hell are they?
This is stealing. Why aren't they outraged? :cuss

exstatic
03-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Yoni would say that he just borrowed it, and that nothing wrong was done. Of course, Yoni is a high order plagiarist himself, so take that for what it's worth. :lol

Nbadan
03-05-2005, 04:39 AM
It's amazing the contempt the GOP shows for the rights of intellectual property. From Sean Insannity stealing songs for his opening introduction, to the GOP playing songs at W pre-election war rallies that weren't cleared with the owners first and now this.

Useruser666
03-05-2005, 02:17 PM
It was wrong. He admitted it. He apologized. Case closed.

desflood
03-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Priorities, man, priorities. This is a tiny little evil in a world of great big evils. There are more important fish to fry, don't you think?

JohnnyMarzetti
03-05-2005, 06:55 PM
So was a blowjob.

Hook Dem
03-05-2005, 07:09 PM
So was a blowjob.
Nope!!!! Blow job= monumental! :lol :lol (on company time and company property)

Guru of Nothing
03-05-2005, 11:49 PM
If given the opportunity to pass on thievery, I'd pass, but ...

I'd never pass on a pretty face and a BJ ....

Well, not so long as I'm single. [/monica]

Back to the subject, the man plagiarized. Put his ass in a hot skillet and quit acting like it's okay. It's dishonesty in my book.

Bigger fish to fry my ass.

NeoConIV
03-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Plagarism is wrong and reprehensible. Indicates depravity of character.

Sincerely,

Sen Joe Biden

desflood
03-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Good Lord, when did I say it was okay? :lol It's wrong, of course. What, you don't think there are more important things to worry about right now?

desflood
03-06-2005, 12:00 PM
By the way, Clinton's bj? Also not a big deal. That was blown out of proportion (no pun intended).

2pac
03-06-2005, 12:40 PM
You idiots do realize that Clinton's problem wasnt the blowjob, but rather the lying about it under oath?

JohnnyMarzetti
03-06-2005, 12:49 PM
What you idiots don't realize is the freakin' millions of dollars wasted on "lying" about a blowjob. Why don't we spend millions on finding out if Bush snorted cocaine? So fuckin' what if he lied about a blowjob?

Conservatives bitch about government spending and yet they find no fault of the wasted money spend on trying to ruin one of our most popular presidents.

ChumpDumper
03-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Nice attempts at changing the subject.

Useruser666
03-06-2005, 04:18 PM
It was wrong. He admitted it. He apologized. Case closed.

What is faulty with my logic? I think, if you did something wrong and you are confronted about it, this is the best course of action you can take.

Spurminator
03-06-2005, 04:24 PM
Thread #745639 in which Johnny Marzetti brings up the Clinton impeachment.