PDA

View Full Version : Has Sequ appologized yet?

smeagol
02-09-2009, 07:29 PM
For all the shit he gives Bonner?

manufor3
02-09-2009, 07:38 PM
i think. let me check...

Rogue
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
sequ doesn't need to do apologize, he has done nothing wrong, at least he himself still thinks so.

EricB
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
When do you guys get the jist that Sequ is just pulling your guy's collective legs?

SequSpur
02-09-2009, 08:00 PM

gay..............................

mardigan
02-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Too many people give Bonner shit to single out just one.

SpursFanFirst
02-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Sequ's a hater. There's no helping him. :wakeup

BlackSwordsMan
02-09-2009, 08:20 PM
he's yelling all I hear is squeaks

Solid D
02-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Sequ isn't an apologist.

His responses may be sorry but Sequ is never sorry.

:p:

DeadlyDynasty
02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Watch Bonner throw up a goose egg next game...

vander
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
right, ONLY sequ doubted Bonner :rolleyes

just about the whole damn board wanted nothing to do with him

and you were all wrong :flipoff:ihit:frying:

it's me
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
right, ONLY sequ doubted Bonner :rolleyes

just about the whole damn board wanted nothing to do with him

and you were all wrong :flipoff:ihit:frying:

Word ....... this hater knows what is to be wrong.

SequSpur
02-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Sequ isn't an apologist.

His responses may be sorry but Sequ is never sorry.

:p:

Exactly.

:toast

wisnub
02-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Bonner needs more love..but I think deep down Sequ admit he is wrong, but I dont think he will ever said it outloud. I dont know him so this is just what I think....point is Bonner needs more appreciation

stéphane
02-10-2009, 05:01 AM
That's funny how a couple performance make people go all out.
So now people think Matt is the center we need and take advantage for bashing posters (Sequ ie) that have expressed reasonable thoughts...
Reading ST is always a good laugh.
I'm ok with him in the lineup during the regular season but don't tell me he has the guts and talent to be the starting center of a championship team.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 05:02 AM
The day Matt Bonner is the starting center on a championship team is the day I blow my fucking brains out.

timvp
02-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Bonner won't prove anything until the playoffs. While that's true for most new players, it's especially true for Bonner since he's not exactly known for thriving under pressure.

vander
02-10-2009, 11:15 AM
The day Matt Bonner is the starting center on a championship team is the day I blow my fucking brains out.

it's a win/win!

but it won't be Bonner holding us back from a championship, Manu will be the reason we fall short again.

JamStone
02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Sequ is the only reason Bonner ever does anything good on the court.

Spurs fans should be thanking Sequ.

z0sa
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Sequ is just a dumbass - and 10/17 shooting for 23 pts and 8 boards against the defending champs on their home floor in the midst of the RRT is damn good. Bonner was the difference against Boston. If he keeps his play up and continues his defensive improvements, he could be our best big man next to Tim since #50.

BonnerDynasty
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm waiting meester.

smeagol
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Sequ is the only reason Bonner ever does anything good on the court.

Spurs fans should be thanking Sequ.

He is also the reason Manu is again playing like Manu of old . . . :tu

EricB
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
That's funny how a couple performance make people go all out.
So now people think Matt is the center we need and take advantage for bashing posters (Sequ ie) that have expressed reasonable thoughts...
Reading ST is always a good laugh.
I'm ok with him in the lineup during the regular season but don't tell me he has the guts and talent to be the starting center of a championship team.

Why not?

How do you know he doesn't?

He's probobly had 5 minutes combined of playoff minutes EVER.

He's like a rookie. An unknown.

stéphane
02-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Sequ is just a dumbass - and 10/17 shooting for 23 pts and 8 boards against the defending champs on their home floor in the midst of the RRT is damn good. Bonner was the difference against Boston. If he keeps his play up and continues his defensive improvements, he could be our best big man next to Tim since #50.

:wow

EricB
02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
If he averages 10 and 7 he would be the best center this team has seen since David Robinson...

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM
:wow

If he averages 10 and 7 he would be the best center this team has seen since David Robinson...

Exactly, hence the :wow is totally uncalled for.

Bonner > sequ

stéphane
02-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Why not?

How do you know he doesn't?

He's probobly had 5 minutes combined of playoff minutes EVER.

He's like a rookie. An unknown.

To be honest, I'm not Pop to know if he's mentally strong enough to perform in a high intensity close playoff game. But you can't argue that he has big defensive lapses and that his defensive toughness on one on one in the low block is horrible (just take the iso with Perkins against the C's) . Add to that the fact that his rebounding for a center is so so at best. Ok his 3 point stroke spread the floor well on offense and that he's allways giving all he's got but he's obviously the weak spot in our lineup.

stéphane
02-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Yup and so far it's 8,4 and 4,8. That's not that close.

vander
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Yup and so far it's 8,4 and 4,8. That's not that close.

and he's also the cheapest since DRob :clap:

slayermin
02-10-2009, 03:40 PM
We need to figure out a way to get all those New Hampshire people to the Staples Center in May.

SequSpur
02-10-2009, 04:08 PM
lmao at the Drob references... :lmao

Raise the bar.

vander
02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
lmao at the Drob references... :lmao

Raise the bar.

time frame references, not talent level references

but you knew that

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
To be honest, I'm not Pop to know if he's mentally strong enough to perform in a high intensity close playoff game. But you can't argue that he has big defensive lapses and that his defensive toughness on one on one in the low block is horrible (just take the iso with Perkins against the C's) . Add to that the fact that his rebounding for a center is so so at best. Ok his 3 point stroke spread the floor well on offense and that he's allways giving all he's got but he's obviously the weak spot in our lineup.

You're just a hater, and its honestly that plain and simple.

stéphane
02-10-2009, 04:32 PM
You're just a hater, and its honestly that plain and simple.

I'm not hating, learn to read.
So when I say that he's an interesting offensive weapon but a liability at times on D I'm hating?
And you Mr Genius think Matt is an awesome rebounder and as good on D as on O right? :lol

SequSpur
02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
huh? d as on o?

this place is getting to lax.

smeagol
02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
gay..............................

Gey . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

mookie2001
02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
He is also the reason Manu is again playing like Manu of old . . . :tuyeah good stretch, i was looking at the calendar isnt it time for him to be banged up?

hopefully next year he can show up before february

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-10-2009, 06:28 PM
So when I say that he's an interesting offensive weapon but a liability at times on D I'm hating?
And you Mr Genius think Matt is an awesome rebounder and as good on D as on O right? :lol

Pointing out as many of a player's flaws as possible while minimizing their positive aspects = hating.

:toast for being an obtuse broken record, then denying it.

vander
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
He is also the reason Manu is again playing like Manu of old . . . :tu

hmm, are you sure you are watching the right station, you might be on ESPN classics. Manu has NOT been playing like the Manu of old.
I thought you were a Manu fan, Why would you insult him like that?

EricB
02-10-2009, 06:44 PM
yeah good stretch, i was looking at the calendar isnt it time for him to be banged up?

hopefully next year he can show up before february

Yeah and maybe UT's basketball team could manage to beat Nebraska.

stéphane
02-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Pointing out as many of a player's flaws as possible while minimizing their positive aspects = hating.

You're the one being obtuse. I'm not minimizing anything. That's a fact. Matt brings something, I'm not denying that. But Defense wins championship and Matt is an offensive weapon as much as he's at times a liability on defense. I'm a spurs fan and like defense. I'd prefer to have a strong defensive asset as a starting center, if that's hating on Matt then whatever...

vander
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM

Off hand, I can't think of any other big man in the NBA making less than 3 million (not on their rookie contract) who is bringing more on both ends of the floor than Bonner. and yet it's still not good enough...

stéphane
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Off hand, I can't think of any other big man in the NBA making less than 3 million (not on their rookie contract) who is bringing more on both ends of the floor than Bonner. and yet it's still not good enough...

Yeah he's playing well beyond the money we're giving him right now. But as I said in the answer I just gave, it's not about if he's good or not, it's about his role. I'll try to say it again (do my english plainly sucks or what? :lol), he spreads prefectly the floor on offense, but I don't think he's the piece we'll need in the playoff. We, imo (and disagree all you want, it's an internet message board), need a center with toughness, rebounding, and defensive skill on the low block (and that doesn't miss defensive rotations once every four possessions). Kendrick friggin Perkins scores on him all he wants, what will he do against top offensive Center?

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-10-2009, 06:56 PM

You're the one being obtuse. I'm not minimizing anything. That's a fact. Matt brings something, I'm not denying that. But Defense wins championship and Matt is an offensive weapon as much as he's at times a liability on defense. I'm a spurs fan and like defense. I'd prefer to have a strong defensive asset as a starting center, if that's hating on Matt then whatever...

There's your answer. For a VERY low paid, low maintenance big man, Matt Bonner has exceeded all expectations 100% and contrary to your malicious bantering, has improved in all areas including defense this season - and has more potential to grow.

Hater is all you are. Get real and give Matt Bonner some fucking props already.

stéphane
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Hater is all you are. Get real and give Matt Bonner some fucking props already.

I give him all the props you want for the half of regular season he played well. But if you can't understand my preference for a defensive piece at the center position for playoff ball, there's no point arguing together.

SequSpur
02-10-2009, 11:39 PM
hmm, are you sure you are watching the right station, you might be on ESPN classics. Manu has NOT been playing like the Manu of old.
I thought you were a Manu fan, Why would you insult him like that?

yeah, the spurs have played 40+ games this year and manu has shown up to 6 of them and actually contributed... most of them recently.

manu isn't even close to his old self, and I doubt he ever will,.

wisnub
02-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I feel sorry for Bonner. He did need to prove that he can play in playoffs. But so far he didnt got chance to play more than 5 minutes in playoffs so we still didnt know how he gonna perform. I would like a nice surprise from him, like same thing what he did against Boston..but now i understand more why people hating him. I believe he still can develop some defensive attributes along the line,he's still young and the boy is eager to learn.The point is he need to prove himself and so far he deserved credit. lets stay positive and pray this will follow through to playoffs. For people who bitch that no way he should be starting center in championship team i suggest you find a replacement for him since KT or Oberto is not up to the task. Spurs is known for reserving money and operate under luxury tax so large deal is unlikely, although honestly I hope they dare to do it if its necesary...i think people in this forum should be more positive but i respect all views even the hating or should i said "concerned" ones.

SequSpur
02-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Why so serious?

Bonner is doing great right now. Who is feeling sorry for him? I think it's awesome... Hell Bonner was one of the main reasons the spurs beat the celtics recently.

sorry?

whottt
02-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Have the Scola fans apologized yet for raising hell about trading Luis "the difference Abdur Rahim" Scola?

If the Rockets miss the playoffs this year every last one of you that complained needs to go fuck yourselves immediately.

FreeMason
02-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Stephen Jackson sucks. The Warriors suck.

wisnub
02-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Why so serious?

Bonner is doing great right now. Who is feeling sorry for him? I think it's awesome... Hell Bonner was one of the main reasons the spurs beat the celtics recently.

sorry?

Nice to know you finally praised him :) I know you only want this team to get better and that we all want Bonner to increase his defensive intensity, lets hope Spurs got the "odd year" factor this time :toast. I believe they can go all the way with the current roster. Key is everyone keeping the same intensity every single game, no more laying down and empty bench on 3rd quarter. Im sure Pop told Bonner to learn more defense and we all know how hard Pop coach a person so i guess everything will be okay...

SequSpur
02-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Lakers > Spurs.

Solid D
02-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Lots of apologies needed, starting with Ghost Writer.

Matt Bonner Blows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know he is white and has red hair and you homers root for him, but he does not warrant any minutes.

Tonight's extended minutes was embarrassing.

I know F. Oberto was out, but play anyone besides Bonner.

He has no confidence, game savvy or skill.

All he can do is shoot the ill-advised 3.

The Spurs love their obligatory 6-10 stiff who chuck treys, but c'mon.

Danny Ferry in his fiinal years wasn't this bad.

Robert Horry's dead corpse will be more effective.

cabass88
02-11-2009, 01:55 AM
lol has sequ apologized? and btw bonner is a pretty good offensive center because u RARELY find a team who has a center/forward who is top 10 in 3pt shooting... yah he does need definsive work but geez sodoes parker and i dont see people all on parker for his OK d skills!

smeagol
02-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Bonner is quietly shutting the haters :lol

Solid D
02-11-2009, 08:24 AM
lol has sequ apologized? and btw bonner is a pretty good offensive center because u RARELY find a team who has a center/forward who is top 10 in 3pt shooting... yah he does need definsive work but geez sodoes parker and i dont see people all on parker for his OK d skills!

You rarely find a player like Bonner who is listed as a Center. Emphasis on "listed". Bonner doesn't really play Center, even when the Spurs go small and Timmy is sitting, Kurt and Fabri play the 5, not Matt. Matt is as much a Center as Pete Chilcutt or Matt Bullard were in the mid-late 90s in Houston.

rascal
02-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Bonner is a role player who has had a few good games. Many role players have good games throughout the year in the nba. Bonner is only starting because the spurs can't find a true quality starting center.

rascal
05-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Bumped this back up.
Lets see who was fooled by a few good Bonner games.

mouse
05-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Forget Sequ, when is Tpark going to appologize for the swine flu?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/swine.jpg

05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/flu.jpg

IronMexican
05-06-2009, 02:02 PM

:lmao

SA210
05-06-2009, 02:04 PM

:lmao:rollin

rayray2k8
05-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Haha. :lol
Bonner still sucks... :|