PDA

View Full Version : What are the Bobcats doing?

Austin_Toros
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
They have made a few trades but I don't see them as any better than before.

The Bobcats have traded for players that don't really seem to work. The Diaw trade was reasonable as he can basically play any position, but they had to give up their only big scorer in J-Rich. Should Diaw play the 3? Gerald Wallace seems to be there. The 4 or 5? Well Okafor is there and the recently traded Diop is now there. NOW there's also Radmanovic - a big that can shoot - but why they targeted him I don't know. Morrison was a let down but at least Brown was slightly valuable on the bench. And maybe Morrison would have improved.
There's also the signing of Cartier Martin who was signed from the D-League. As far I as know he was no stand-out. I'm guessing this signing was just done because of the need for a swingman that can shoot.

Now, the Bobcats are still stuck with two point guards (DJ, Felton). Wouldn't it makes sense to trade one of these instead? Especially when you consider that Felton is a FA at seasons end and now Relton is being forced to play out of position at SG as DJ is starting. One of these could fetch a player of good value.

The trades that Charlotte have made haven't made them much better. They don't have a true, starting SG and now have to sort out the Diaw-Diop-Radmanovic problem (minutes, starting etc.)
Getting rid of one of their two PGs would make more sense.

:flag: