PDA

View Full Version : Amara heading to Chicago?

BullsDynasty
02-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Suns may prefer Tyrus over Beasley

Posted by mikemcgraw on Tue, 02/10/2009 - 00:33
In a somewhat surprising development Monday, several sources indicated the Phoenix Suns do not have much interest in Miami's Michael Beasley and would prefer Tyrus Thomas in a trade for all-star power forward Amare Stoudemire.
In my view, Beasley has star potential and tremendous scoring ability. There's little chance the Bulls will ever regret choosing Derrick Rose with last year's No. 1 pick, but Beasley (the No. 2 selection) is going to be good.
The chatter on Monday, though, suggested the Suns aren't convinced Beasley would fit into their offensive system and they don't want to take back Marion, even for less than half a season. Marion has a $17 million expiring contract and was sent to Miami for Shaquille O'Neal a year ago.
In the meantime, Suns GM Steve Kerr sees the same thing the Bulls did the past two weeks: The light bulb is starting to go on for Thomas and he may still be a long way from reaching his ceiling. Thomas just completed the best six-game stretch of his pro career, averaging 15.3 points, 9.8 rebounds and 2 blocks.
It appears the Suns are open to a package of Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha, Drew Gooden, Cedric Simmons and undetermined draft picks for Stoudemire. One question now is whether better offers will come at the Suns in the days leading up to the Feb. 19 trade deadline.
The Bulls aren't necessarily afraid of losing Stoudemire for nothing as a free agent in 2010. All they have to do is fork out the cash and they'll be able to make the best offer. The NBA's collective bargaining agreement is designed to favor players staying put.
The concern is whether the Bulls could build a championship-caliber team if Stoudemire's salary ends up rising beyond $20 million, which is a realistic possibility. Maybe he would cut the Bulls a break and sign a cheaper extension to help ensure a winning situation, maybe not.
Could a lineup of Stoudemire, Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and either Ben Gordon or Kirk Hinrich pose a realistic threat to LeBron James or the Celtics? That's a question the Bulls will ponder during the next week or so.
The Bulls would also ask to see Stoudemire's medical records before agreeing to a trade. The 6-foot-10 power forward had microfracture knee surgery in 2005. So far, it hasn't been a problem, but who knows what the future holds for such an injury?
The Suns don't figure to be in any hurry to agree to a deal. Remember, Stoudemire was voted a Western Conference starter in Sunday's All-Star Game, which is in Phoenix. I'd say there's little chance a trade occurs until next week.
HUGHES UPDATE
The quest to trade Larry Hughes continues and the most promising destination still appears to be Washington for forward Etan Thomas and guard Mike James.
Thomas is injured, but that hardly matters. James, a 6-4 scoring guard, might be a personality risk. He's played on eight teams in the past six seasons. If that wasn't enough of a red flag, his family appeared on a recent episode of “Supernanny.” Let's just say if James takes coaching advice in basketball as well as he took parenting advice from Supernanny, the Bulls would be in for some headaches.
I'm hearing there are other possibilities for Hughes, but my idea of sending him to Sacramento for Mikki Moore and Kenny Thomas appears to have no legs.

My Only concern is lets just hope Tyrus Thomas keeps up his performance for another week so that his trade value doesnt go down.

By the way Amare* not Amara

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2009, 11:05 AM
In a somewhat surprising development Monday, several sources indicated the Phoenix Suns do not have much interest in Miami's Michael Beasley and would prefer Tyrus Thomas in a trade for all-star power forward Amare Stoudemire.

If this is true Kerr really is a moron. Hey Kerr you also liked Lopez over Speights, maybe you should stop considering your talent evaluation important.

turiaf for president
02-10-2009, 11:09 AM
^ is it kerr or the owner?

regardless, this is a retarded trade for the suns. thomas is overrated and thabo is serviceable at best. i would ask for noah instead of simmons. people knock on amare but he IS still an All star caliber player

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2009, 11:16 AM
^ is it kerr or the owner?

regardless, this is a retarded trade for the suns. thomas is overrated and thabo is serviceable at best. i would ask for noah instead of simmons. people knock on amare but he IS still an All star caliber player

It's horrible for the Suns even though Amare isn't an all star w/o D'antoni's system.

Ty Thomas is VERY overrated, and I'd have a hard time watching him in a Suns jersey.

turiaf for president
02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
It's horrible for the Suns even though Amare isn't an all star w/o D'antoni's system.

Ty Thomas is VERY overrated, and I'd have a hard time watching him in a Suns jersey.

yea. i think the best deal so far is biedrins and randolph from the warriors. at least you get a rebounder (taller david lee) and a young stud to develop

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
yea. i think the best deal so far is biedrins and randolph from the warriors. at least you get a rebounder (taller david lee) and a young stud to develop

I hadn't heard about that but yeah for sure, Randolph is a young stud. Biedrins is a stud as well but Porter would probably find a way to misuse him. He'd probably try to turn him into Shaq.

JamStone
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
The Warriors' offer might be one of the better packages in terms of young talent, but a major reason to trade Amare is to cut costs. Biedrins being in a trade package is doing the opposite of that, especially considering he's got five more years after this season left on his contract.

pauls931
02-10-2009, 01:06 PM
If pho didn't get Richardson, I sorta wish they could have pried Stephen Jackson from the warriors and something else... I just like that guy. He's tough and can back it up....

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
If pho didn't get Richardson, I sorta wish they could have pried Stephen Jackson from the warriors and something else... I just like that guy. He's tough and can back it up....

Why not just get him to pair w/ Richardson, they've played together before.

Nash
J-Rich
Hill
Captain Jack
beidrins

Won't win anything but it'll give Sarver that cash cow "fun" team he's so focused on.

layupdrill
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
The Warriors could offer a better combination of talent, but I dont think Phoenix wants to take on some of those contracts.

Ghazi
02-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Shoulda kept JJ, shoulda kept Rudy, shoulda drafted Farmar/Rondo, shoulda hoped Atlanta didnt get teh 3rd draft pick, etc.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Shoulda kept JJ, shoulda kept Rudy, shoulda drafted Farmar/Rondo, shoulda hoped Atlanta didnt get teh 3rd draft pick, etc.

Thanks for the enlightenment, you're the first person to post something about any of this. Seriously, where did you come up with such a brilliant original idea, keep JJ, whoda thunk it?

Rogue
02-10-2009, 09:14 PM
I think the bulls will have to lose one of their deng/Gordon/Rose if they insist to acquire.

amare is overrated by he is still an all-star caliber player instead of a tmac-like player. amare isn't worthy that much but the bulls are willing to give up more than suns expect for amare, bulls have been thirst for a real superstar since Jordan's second retirement. Bulls even begged for a tmac-trade several seasons ago, :lmao fortunately rockets were foolish enough to reject that trade. :lol