PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio "best team" according to Simmons

admiralfats
02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Bill Simmons discussed his upcoming Trade Value column in a podcast released today, and at the end of it, when his friend asks him who would win between cleveland and SA in the finals, states, "I still think San Antonio is the best team."

link directly to podcast:
http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=3896872

Some other tidbits include simmons "not caring what others think" when he includes manu in a list of franchise players, and saying argentinians are his favorite foreign contingent of players in the league. says they just know how to play when fab comes up. Also says Duncan is still the guy who gives you the best chance of winning the title. :flag:

EricB
02-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Only because they beat his beloved celtics.

admiralfats
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
He actually mentions he still thinks the celtics would beat the spurs in a series. he was doing a matchup rundown. c's> spurs, spurs > lakers & cavs, lakers = c's, lakers > cavs. I think that's what I recall. slightly surprised he said flat out we'd beat the lakers in a series.

Baseline
02-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Simmons is one of the few national sportswriters who gives the Spurs credit for who they are.

It's because he's an East Coast guy, a Boston sport fan.

The Spurs are the Patriots of basketball, a classy team who does things the right way. They worry about themselves, not others. It's that simple.

Also, Simmons is smart enough to realize that Bryant is a good player who is overhyped into being a superman - just like his team. The Lakers haven't done anything yet except get a ton of press every minute of every day.

But Simmons saw Bryant roll over like a little girl in Game 7 last year just like the rest of us, so he's probably not impressed until he sees the guy actually deliver his own ring without Shaquille.

It's one thing to win a single game in Boston in February - and a whole different thing to win a 7-game series.

FromWayDowntown
02-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Simmons' successes (or lack thereof) during the 2008 NBA Playoffs and the 2008-09 NFL Playoffs make me think this sort of prediction isn't one to cherish.

turiaf for president
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Simmons is one of the few national sportswriters who gives the Spurs credit for who they are.

The Spurs are the Patriots of basketball, a classy team who does things the right way. They worry about themselves, not others. It's that simple.

Also, Simmons is smart enough to realize that Bryant is a good player who is overhyped into being a superman - just like his team. The Lakers haven't done anything yet except get a ton of press every minute of every day.

But Simmons saw Bryant roll over like a little girl in Game 7 last year just like the rest of us, so he's probably not impressed until he sees the guy actually deliver his own ring without Shaquille.

It's one thing to win a single game in Boston in February - and a whole different thing to win a 7-game series.

only thing they have in common are multiple rings in the past decade. patriots were caught cheating, and has a douche as a coach. i think spurs > pats when it comes to class

EricB
02-10-2009, 07:36 PM
only thing they have in common are multiple rings in the past decade. patriots were caught cheating, and has a douche as a coach. i think spurs > pats when it comes to class

Class yes.

Everything else?

They're pretty much identical.

Assistant GM goes to run another team.

Assistants constantly getting plucked away.

td4mvp21
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
:lol Amazing how one and win and all of the sudden we're the "best team" in the league. I still think we are 3rd or 4th best (probably 4th ahead of Magic now that they lost Nelson).

wildbill2u
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
We used to get some Simmon's newspaper or magazine columns posted here occasionally. I don't care what you say about him idolizing the Celts (he does and admits it. He used to bleed green afew years ago in every colomn) but he is simply the funniest sportswriter around today, maybe ever.

I love to read his stuff cause I get a belly laugh every time.

IronMexican
02-10-2009, 07:44 PM

Patriots and the word "class" don't belong in the same book.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I'd rank us tied for 3rd with Boston..

we're definitely behind LA..

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I fail to see how he could rate the Spurs above the Lakers after their last regular season matchup.

MarHill
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
I fail to see how he could rate the Spurs above the Lakers after their last regular season matchup.

It is tied 1-1 in the regular season with one more game to go on March 12th.

Also, it will happen in the regular season where a game gets away from you.

And that game in LA was that case!!!

ezau
02-10-2009, 08:46 PM

Simmons just knows how overrated your team is.

DrHouse
It is tied 1-1 in the regular season with one more game to go on March 12th.

Also, it will happen in the regular season where a game gets away from you.

And that game in LA was that case!!!

Bullshit.

The Lakers were missing 3 rotation players and playing a b2b game and only lost by 1pt because of a fluke Fisher foul at the end of the game. That was hardly the kind of "win" that inspires any sort of confidence or that you can extrapolate anything meaningful from. When both teams faced off at full strength and well rested the Lakers slaughtered the Spurs.

Spurs cannot stop the Laker frontcourt attack with Bonner, Thomas, and Duncan. And they aren't beating LAL in a shootout over the course of 7 games. Until that dynamic changes I don't see how any analyst could pick the Spurs over the Lakers. Especially since the Lakers defeated the Spurs last season 4-1 in the playoffs.

DrHouse
Simmons just knows how overrated your team is.

So overrated they beat your team 4-1 last season.

TheManFromAcme
02-10-2009, 08:52 PM

..........to be expected. Mr. Don't-look-now-but-the-Spurs-are-right-around-the-corner-of-mediocre-seasons.

For arguments sake, lets just say the Lakers don't make the finals. And your point? You really think the Spurs are at the cusp of a championship this year? That they are at the heels of the dominating Lakers? Is that what you think?
In case you've been living under a rock, the Lakers are poised for at least a 3-5 year run for the LOB while your team slowly sails it's ship into it's waiting sunset.

No torch is being passed. The Lakers have always had it.

TheManFromAcme
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Bullshit.

The Lakers were missing 3 rotation players and playing a b2b game and only lost by 1pt because of a fluke Fisher foul at the end of the game. That was hardly the kind of "win" that inspires any sort of confidence or that you can extrapolate anything meaningful from. When both teams faced off at full strength and well rested the Lakers slaughtered the Spurs.

Spurs cannot stop the Laker frontcourt attack with Bonner, Thomas, and Duncan. And they aren't beating LAL in a shootout over the course of 7 games. Until that dynamic changes I don't see how any analyst could pick the Spurs over the Lakers. Especially since the Lakers defeated the Spurs last season 4-1 in the playoffs.

The Grim Reaper of basketball seasons is upon the Spurs and they can't swallow it. Maybe not this year, I'll give them that, but it's starring them right in the eye and they can't stomach it.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2009, 08:55 PM
LOL I love Laker fans, they make the funniest comments..

the Laker always had the torch? they haven't won a title since 2002..they haven't won shit with their current core..you better hope they win while Kobe's in his prime, I wouldn't wanna rely on Andrew "Jermaine O'Neal" Bynum..

WildcardManu
02-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Bill Simmons discussed his upcoming Trade Value column in a podcast released today, and at the end of it, when his friend asks him who would win between cleveland and SA in the finals, states, "I still think San Antonio is the best team."

link directly to podcast:
http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=3896872

Some other tidbits include simmons "not caring what others think" when he includes manu in a list of franchise players, and saying argentinians are his favorite foreign contingent of players in the league. says they just know how to play when fab comes up. Also says Duncan is still the guy who gives you the best chance of winning the title. :flag:

Spurs are not cheaters, do not compare them to those losers. Patriots are Manning owned.

TheManFromAcme
02-10-2009, 08:57 PM
LOL I love Laker fans, they make the funniest comments..

the Laker always had the torch? they haven't won a title since 2002..they haven't won shit with their current core..you better hope they win while Kobe's in his prime, I wouldn't wanna rely on Andrew "Jermaine O'Neal" Bynum..

At least you understand that much pea-brained Spur fan.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I've already said LA is currently the best team in the NBA..but don't act like your team has won anything with their core, because nothing is guaranteed at all..especially when Kobe's your leader, since he's struggled in virtually every NBA finals series he's been in..

admiralfats
02-10-2009, 09:04 PM
We used to get some Simmon's newspaper or magazine columns posted here occasionally. I don't care what you say about him idolizing the Celts (he does and admits it. He used to bleed green afew years ago in every colomn) but he is simply the funniest sportswriter around today, maybe ever.

I love to read his stuff cause I get a belly laugh every time.

yeah, he's hilarious. i love reading his stuff. I'm such a spurs homer, it doesn't really bother me that some well-liked writer is a homer, because that's his whole schtick. He is the BOSTON sports guy. i think his NBA insight is normally really good, and he knows and loves the league. as far as predictions go, who cares. the nfl is impossible to predict, i say. uh, part of the reason i posted this is because I was so surprised to hear him just say with no hesitation he thinks we're the best team. i think we're gonna have to play perfect basketball to beat the super deep lakers, but we're totally capable of playing perfect basketball, right? maybe that's what he sees. i didn't post this to be like, "See? We ARE the best team, laker fan!" haha. i come in peace.

TheManFromAcme
02-10-2009, 09:09 PM
I've already said LA is currently the best team in the NBA..but don't act like your team has won anything with their core, because nothing is guaranteed at all..especially when Kobe's your leader, since he's struggled in virtually every NBA finals series he's been in..

....then don't "But this" and "but" that about the Lakers being the best team. Little fellow you have no idea how long I've been following the Lakers so please don't spew this dialogue concerning recent and non-recent championships. This team called the Lakers oozes history. I am about what this franchise will do the next 10-15 years. The Spurs are but a grain of sand in the hour glass of Championship teams as far as I and many fans are concerned.

Jealousy will get you nothing.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2009, 09:15 PM
jealousy of what? LOL I didn't have a "but" in my post..I only insulted the Lakers in reply to your illogical post..I wasn't even born for any of the Lakers titles before Shaq, so I could care less..

why would I be jealous of a core that hasn't won a title? it doesn't make any sense..I also wouldn't want a rapist leading my team, I have morals..as for your history, I wouldn't wanna look back a titles led by an adulterer with HIV..again, I have morals..

Killakobe81
02-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Simmons is a Boston homer ...he does respect teh Spurs though ...predicted you guys last year to face Celts ... no biggie who cares he is a better expert at usless trivia and pop culture refferences ...

TheManFromAcme
02-10-2009, 09:26 PM
jealousy of what? LOL I didn't have a "but" in my post..I only insulted the Lakers in reply to your illogical post..I wasn't even born for any of the Lakers titles before Shaq, so I could care less..

why would I be jealous of a core that hasn't won a title? it doesn't make any sense..I also wouldn't want a rapist leading my team, I have morals..as for your history, I wouldn't wanna look back a titles led by an adulterer with HIV..again, I have morals..

:dramaquee

TheManFromAcme
02-10-2009, 09:26 PM

:dramaquee

MarHill
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Bullshit.

Again..it was a win and it counts on the record.

And there is another game on March 12th!

I'm not going to argue what last happened last year. I've done that enough!

The fact is 1-1 in the regular season and you can't change that.

2Cleva
02-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Simmons would say the Clippers are the best team if he can find away not to admit the Lakers are.

ezau
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Simmons would say the Clippers are the best team if he can find away not to admit the Lakers are.

LOL

DrHouse
02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Again..it was a win and it counts on the record.

And there is another game on March 12th!

I'm not going to argue what last happened last year. I've done that enough!

The fact is 1-1 in the regular season and you can't change that.

Again I say bullshit.

You're sticking your head in the sand and screaming "la-la-la" because you don't want to accept what you probably know deep inside.

Any team can win a regular season game. A team can get hot for a night and shoot the lights out and win. That's exactly what the Spurs did to the Lakers in their win. They didn't play Spur's basketball to beat the Lakers. They got into a shootout and won by 1 pt. You may think the Spurs can score 112 pts for 4 games straight, but the facts say otherwise.

The Spurs are not going to beat a team in a playoff series they cannot defend. They haven't shown any inclination that they can stop the Laker's offense. Kobe Bryant is no longer the problem. It's Pau Gasol. It's Andrew Bynum. It's Lamar Odom. The Spurs simply have no answer to stopping all 3 of these guys in addition to Bryant and the Laker bench.

Popovich was dead on. The margin of error is so small for the Spurs against the Lakers. They need to play near perfect basketball to win. The matchup is just not favorable to SAS, they matchup better with both CLE and BOS far better than they do with the Lakers.

Can they win? Sure. But I wouldn't bet on it.

anakha
02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Lakers defeated the Spurs last season 4-1 in the playoffs.

You're sticking your head in the sand and screaming "la-la-la"

Pot, kettle, black.

MarHill
02-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Again I say bullshit.

You're sticking your head in the sand and screaming "la-la-la" because you don't want to accept what you probably know deep inside.

Any team can win a regular season game. A team can get hot for a night and shoot the lights out and win. That's exactly what the Spurs did to the Lakers in their win. They didn't play Spur's basketball to beat the Lakers. They got into a shootout and won by 1 pt. You may think the Spurs can score 112 pts for 4 games straight, but the facts say otherwise.

The Spurs are not going to beat a team in a playoff series they cannot defend. They haven't shown any inclination that they can stop the Laker's offense. Kobe Bryant is no longer the problem. It's Pau Gasol. It's Andrew Bynum. It's Lamar Odom. The Spurs simply have no answer to stopping all 3 of these guys in addition to Bryant and the Laker bench.

Popovich was dead on. The margin of error is so small for the Spurs against the Lakers. They need to play near perfect basketball to win. The matchup is just not favorable to SAS, they matchup better with both CLE and BOS far better than they do with the Lakers.

First of all, I'm not sticking my head in the sand. I have acknowledge on this forum time after time..the Lakers are a very good team.

Second, you know in the playoffs that both teams will not score 112 points every game. The pace slows down and the games are much tighter.

Also, I will not go on about last year...because that's been done. But, I believe the Spurs have a legitimate shot to win the West if everyone's healthy.

Moreover, Pop isn't going to say our team is better than their team. He's done even in the years when they won the championships.

But you are writing like it's an automatically foregone conclusion...the Lakers are going to win the West. Are they favorites...yes! But, the Spurs have a legit shot and with the Big 3 being healthy I'm not going to count them out yet.

You're right in the regular season wins don't matter much concerning the top teams. However, I could say that about LA beating Boston twice this year. But those wins mean something to LA because of what happened last year

Also, Lamar Odom has been inconsistent at best. Yes he has two great games in the regular season. But I'm not ready to say he's going to be that 2nd option the Lakers want him to be. Or even the 3rd option!!

Lakers are the favorites...yes! But the Spurs have a legit shot and I'm not counting them out until they are eliminated or the Big 3 isn't healthy!!

coachmac87
02-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Lakers had the almost exact same team without Bynum.....And we competed with a injured Manu. I feel if Spurs are healthy and Bynum is not 100% Spurs win in 5 or 6.

ezau
02-10-2009, 10:20 PM
The problem with this Hugh Laurie guy aka Dr. House is that he tries to convince everyone here that the Spurs will fold easily when they see the Lakers. The Lakers are the favorites right now, but so they were last year, but what happened? LA lost against Boston, regardless of the injuries.

Every person who has followed the Spurs knows that you can never count this team out. I don't think the Spurs would get intimidated with the likes of Bynum who hasn't been in the playoffs or Ariza, who just happens to benefit because of all the attention given to Kobe.

Spurs are contenders just like the Lakers and we'll see who's the better team come playoff time. In the meantime, STFU Hugh Laurie :flag:

Amuseddaysleeper
02-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't get how Spurs fans can't grasp that Lakers 2009>>>>>> Lakers 2008

And I agree with Dr. House, the Spurs win by one on their home floor to a Lakers team that was losing some key players on a back to back, meanwhile SA just flat out quits on the game in LA when they get back to back 3's scored on them in the third quarter.

Lakers would beat the Spurs in 6 if the series started today. Hopefully the Spurs can grab another big. Who knows what happens come April/May, but right now it's gonna be tough for any Spurs fan to talk smack to a Lakers fan.

Manufan909
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
....then don't "But this" and "but" that about the Lakers being the best team. Little fellow you have no idea how long I've been following the Lakers so please don't spew this dialogue concerning recent and non-recent championships. This team called the Lakers oozes history. I am about what this franchise will do the next 10-15 years. The Spurs are but a grain of sand in the hour glass of Championship teams as far as I and many fans are concerned.

Being a shithead wil get you nothing either. And "little fellow"? Who are you, Shaq?

Now we know who spursdynasty's counterpart is at least.

Galileo
02-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Lakers had the almost exact same team without Bynum.....And we competed with a injured Manu. I feel if Spurs are healthy and Bynum is not 100% Spurs win in 5 or 6.

People are always makin' excuses that the Lakers don't have Bynum. But we don't have Mahimni. No one outside of SA talks about that.

Mahimni > Bynum

m33p0
02-10-2009, 10:45 PM

And I agree with Dr. House, the Spurs win by one on their home floor to a Lakers team that was losing some key players on a back to back, meanwhile SA just flat out quits on the game in LA when they get back to back 3's scored on them in the third quarter.

Lakers would beat the Spurs in 6 if the series started today. Hopefully the Spurs can grab another big. Who knows what happens come April/May, but right now it's gonna be tough for any Spurs fan to talk smack to a Lakers fan.
the phrase, "hallow victory" comes to mind.

milkyway21
02-10-2009, 10:47 PM
WOW interesting thread :D

Spurs? or Lakers?

I don't know yet. But one thing is for sure recordwise after the Shaq/Kobe tandem, Duncan's Spurs are the only capable team in the west who can win a title in the NBA so far.

Dallas choked:hang
Lakers choked:hang

and I am proud of that. Because I am a Spurs fan.

MarHill
02-10-2009, 10:50 PM

Again, I have acknowledged the Lakers are the favorite in the west. But to automatically say they will win the west....is premature!

I believe the Spurs have a legit shot and to say the Lakers win in six right now is also premature.

I just want the Spurs to be fully healthy and let's see what happens. I know Odom has had two great games....but he's inconsistent and I will need to see that in playoffs.

I will not count out a team with a Big 3 that has 3 rings in 5 years and are still playing very well!

And you know how Pop coaches in the regular season. If a game gets out of hand he will pull Tim, Tony, and Manu. So that's not a big deal.

I believe the March 12th game...will say a lot more about these two teams because it will be the last regular season meeting and closer to the end of the season.

BlackSwordsMan
02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
spurs start doing bad when reporters start to like them

Spur-Addict
02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Bullshit.

DnC says what?

:sleep

TampaDude
02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't think that analogy fits. Bill Belichick is a fucking douchebag coward after every game he loses and the Patroits were rocked with Spygate which I assume was really bad since the NFL took their first round draft pick away and destroyed the tapes.

^ this

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2009, 11:42 PM
it's a shame we play Kobe in the conference finals, and not in the NBA finals..since we all know how he does in the finals..

TampaDude
02-10-2009, 11:55 PM
The Lakers are the best team in the West...for now...but they still got utterly assraped with a sandpaper dildo last year in the Finals. Kobe without Shaq hasn't won shit. I'll smack talk all I want, because 3 > 0, no matter how much dope you smoke, Faker fans... :lmao

K-State Spur
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Bullshit.

Is that anything like a fluke second half comeback in game 1 of a series that was dominated by the Spurs for 40+ minutes even though they had been stuck on the tarmac until all hours the morning before?

(Not excusing that, just making the point for comparison's sake)

TampaDude
02-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Well, seeing as how the Spurs swept the Cavs in 2007, that's a good pick.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM
The Lakers didn't choke against BOS. Choking implies that the better team loses to an inferior team. BOS was a better team last season.

And Marhill I sincerely hope the Spur's FO thinks like you do. We will see if they make a move for another legit bigman. If they do, then you can bet your ass your FO is thinking the exact same thing as what I've explained to you in this thread.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM
The Lakers are the best team in the West...for now...but they still got utterly assraped with a sandpaper dildo last year in the Finals. Kobe without Shaq hasn't won shit. I'll smack talk all I want, because 3 > 0, no matter how much dope you smoke, Faker fans... :lmao

Talk smack all you want to the team that has bested you 4 times in this decade alone. Yea that's real smart.

ezau
02-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Talk smack all you want to the team that has bested you 4 times in this decade alone. Yea that's real smart.

DrHouse is getting too much Hugh Laurie bullshit everyday. That's why he's been trolling in this forum to prove that his Fakers are better than the Spurs:flag:

admiralfats
02-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Again I say bullshit.

it's really annoying when people talk about sports like it's personal life. "what you know deep down inside"? are you kidding me? We love the spurs but seriously, no one is deluding themselves, nor are they basing their worth or feelings of who they are "deep inside" on the Spurs or spurs games or whether the lakers beat the spurs or not. at least i hope people aren't doing that.

that said, you're right! You have big guys that duncan can't guard all alone! You're right! you guys beat us badly at home and we beat you by 1 at home! The season's not over yet, the Spurs are playing pretty well, you guys are playing pretty well, and we're going to meet in the WCF and someone is going to win. Your depth is really great and you're going to score points on us. Kobe is playing at a really high level, and Gasol is dangerous. Our core is extremely good, tested, and our bench is developing. If people all over the country started betting heavily on the spurs right now to win that matchup, i'd be surprised. But you shouldn't be surprised that spurs fans think that we're gonna get the job done, because we've been fans of this team during an era where they've pulled out a lot of wins, and we don't doubt them.

no one's hiding from the facts here. We have no reason to hide from the facts. nothing has been decided yet.

MarHill
02-11-2009, 12:29 AM

DrHouse,

You keep bringing up that stat!!

It was the Spurs who ended the Lakers chance to win a 4th title in 2003 and they didnt play each other in 2005-2007 playoff seasons and the Spurs won 2 championships during those years.

And the Spurs were clearly the best team in the west those years and if they would played the Lakers in the playoffs...they would have won those series.

Yes the Lakers have won their playoff matchups in this decade...but there is another top team in the west this decade and everybody knows it!!
:flag:

TampaDude
02-11-2009, 12:30 AM

What do you have to show for it??? Certainly not any :lobt: since 2002. Let's take a look at the Spurs and the Lakers during that time, shall we???

2003 - Spurs win the NBA Finals (defeat Nets in 6)
2004 - Lakers knock Spurs out of playoffs (.4 bullshit) but get humiliated by the Pistons in the Finals
2005 - Spurs win the NBA Finals (defeat Pistons in 7)
2006 - Mavs knock Spurs out of playoffs (stupid Manu foul) but get owned by the Heat (with Shaq, HA HA!) in the Finals
2007 - Spurs win the NBA Finals (sweep Cavs)
2008 - Lakers knock Spurs out of playoffs (bullshit plane ride, Manu injured, Barry foul not called) but get ruthlessly assraped by the Celtics in the Finals

So...since 2003, either one of two things happened...either the Spurs won it all, or the team that knocked off the Spurs made it to the Finals, only to be crushed by the Eastern Conference Champion. Interesting pattern there, don't ya think? :hat

2009 - TBD :flag:

MarHill
02-11-2009, 12:31 AM
it's really annoying when people talk about sports like it's personal life. "what you know deep down inside"? are you kidding me? We love the spurs but seriously, no one is deluding themselves, nor are they basing their worth or feelings of who they are "deep inside" on the Spurs or spurs games or whether the lakers beat the spurs or not. at least i hope people aren't doing that.

that said, you're right! You have big guys that duncan can't guard all alone! You're right! you guys beat us badly at home and we beat you by 1 at home! The season's not over yet, the Spurs are playing pretty well, you guys are playing pretty well, and we're going to meet in the WCF and someone is going to win. Your depth is really great and you're going to score points on us. Kobe is playing at a really high level, and Gasol is dangerous. Our core is extremely good, tested, and our bench is developing. If people all over the country started betting heavily on the spurs right now to win that matchup, i'd be surprised. But you shouldn't be surprised that spurs fans think that we're gonna get the job done, because we've been fans of this team during an era where they've pulled out a lot of wins, and we don't doubt them.

no one's hiding from the facts here. We have no reason to hide from the facts. nothing has been decided yet.

Thank you!

I couldn't have written it better myself!!

:toast

milkyway21
02-11-2009, 12:31 AM
One thing is for sure, the Spurs will never cry if they lose to the Lakers....

TampaDude
02-11-2009, 12:32 AM
DrHouse,

You keep bringing up that stat!!

It was the Spurs who ended the Lakers chance to win a 4th title in 2003 and they didnt play each other in 2005-2007 playoff seasons and the Spurs won 2 championships during those years.

And the Spurs were clearly the best team in the west those years and if they would played the Lakers in the playoffs...they would have won those series.

Yes the Lakers have won their playoff matchups in this decade...but there is another top team in the west this decade and everybody knows it!!

^ this :toast

ehz33satx
02-11-2009, 12:42 AM

Do you recall when the San Antonio Spurs had BOTH Kobe Bryant and Derrick Fisher crying on the bench because their season was coming to an end? It's a vivid memory.

StoneBuddha
02-11-2009, 12:46 AM

Bravo! :toast

ezau
02-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Maybe DrHouse needs to remember this:

http://fourhorsementattoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kobe-crying.jpg

Baseline
02-11-2009, 12:54 AM
What do you have to show for it??? Certainly not any :lobt: since 2002. Let's take a look at the Spurs and the Lakers during that time, shall we???

2003 - Spurs win the NBA Finals (defeat Nets in 6)
2004 - Lakers knock Spurs out of playoffs (.4 bullshit) but get humiliated by the Pistons in the Finals
2005 - Spurs win the NBA Finals (defeat Pistons in 7)
2006 - Mavs knock Spurs out of playoffs (stupid Manu foul) but get owned by the Heat (with Shaq, HA HA!) in the Finals
2007 - Spurs win the NBA Finals (sweep Cavs)
2008 - Lakers knock Spurs out of playoffs (bullshit plane ride, Manu injured, Barry foul not called) but get ruthlessly assraped by the Celtics in the Finals

So...since 2003, either one of two things happened...either the Spurs won it all, or the team that knocked off the Spurs made it to the Finals, only to be crushed by the Eastern Conference Champion. Interesting pattern there, don't ya think? :hat

2009 - TBD :flag:

Freaking epic post !

All true. The only thing I would add to that list is that in 2006 against the Mavs in Game 7 (after Manu's fould and Dirk's three-point play tied the game, Duncan got hacked on the last play of regulation on an offensive rebound putback shot, but didn't get a whistle. He would have had two foul shots with one second left. So that was 2006, and the Fisher shot being allowed (the single most bogus call in NBA history) was in 2004.

So in my opinion the Spurs could have easily won rings from 2003-2008.

I'll give the Lakers last year... except for the obvious fact that we would have beaten them if Manu had been healthy.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 01:12 AM
If you're going to bring up Manu then I get to bring up both Ariza and Bynum who DIDN'T EVEN PLAY in that series. We've already seen the outcome this season of both teams at full strength. The Lakers curb stomped the Spurs so badly that Pop didn't even bother playing his Big 3 in the 4th quarter one minute.

Your own coach has admitted how incredibly difficult it is for the Spurs to beat the Lakers at full strength, in a moment of unabashed honesty he flat out said the margin of error is razor thin for the Spurs. A couple bad defensive sequences in a row and they lose the game.

The bottom line is the Lakers are the worst possible matchup for the Spurs out of all the elite contenders. They have a coach that has bested Pop 4-1 in this decade. They have the personell to attack the Spur's biggest weakness, which is their undersized frontcourt. They have a great bench. And thus far they are showing that they now have the mental toughness to close games out and to out tough physical teams and beat them at their own game.

Quite frankly, at full strength I expect the Lakers to handily dismiss the Spurs the way they did last season.

And for the supposed classiest fans in the league ya'll have a lot of trouble admitting that your team just lost. Get over it.

JWest596
02-11-2009, 01:21 AM

Here's a history lesson for you, It seems you forgot. Nice job....

"Game 6 June 17, 2008 Boston 4-2 131-92, W

Boston's 39 point lead surpassed the NBA record in a championship clincher in the largest margin of victory in Association history beating the old record of 129-96 set when the Celtics beat the Lakers in Game 5 in 1965.

Go talk your homer history and selective memory tough talk elsewhere old man. And be sure to claim Minneapolis Laker titles as your own as well.

Legends in your own mind. Your embarrassing standard of excellence will get you no where

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Here's a history lesson for you, It seems you forgot. Nice job....

"Game 6 June 17, 2008 Boston 4-2 131-92, W

Boston's 39 point lead surpassed the NBA record in a championship clincher in the largest margin of victory in Association history beating the old record of 129-96 set when the Celtics beat the Lakers in Game 5 in 1965.

Go talk your homer history and selective memory tough talk elsewhere old man. And be sure to claim Minneapolis Laker titles as your own as well.

Legends in your own mind. Your embarrassing standard of excellence will get you no where

Seriously WTF kind of crack do you have to smoke to ever make a statement like that?

The Laker franchise IMHO could be argued to be the most successful franchise in the NBA. The best winning percentage, most Finals appearances, and since the introduction of the salary cap the most rings.

You bring up BOS's win but forget that YOUR TEAM LOST TO THE LAKERS 4-1. What the fuck does that say about the Spurs that they couldn't beat the team that lost that badly in Game 6? You can't talk shit about what another team did to the Lakers that your team couldn't do. That's weak.

And if you want to bring up past beatdowns, let me remind you of some very relevant history that actually has to do with the Lakers and Spurs.

In 2001 the Lakers swept Duncan and the Spurs by an average margin of 22.3 points per game in the WCF, including a 39 point advantage beatdown. That was the greatest margin of defeat for a conference series in NBA history.

Gutter92
02-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Bullshit.

The people that claim the Lakers would have won the Championship last year with Bynum...try to remember that you would not have had Gasol had the walking injury not gone down.

Gutter92
02-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Also, you are right, DrHouse. Nothing has changed since last year, the Spurs bench scoring has not improved at all, we did not get a player that has ice water in his veins that will come in handy when playing the Lakers, who won(not counting 2 blowouts each) games by 4,2,5(I know its 8, but thats because of Sasha's disrespect to a team that decides not to foul in the last 15 seconds with a 5 point deficit.) I dont see the Lakers winning this year w/o Bynum. The Spurs are winning games while playing sub-par defense.

J.T.
02-11-2009, 01:44 AM

The Spurs never cheated to win and don't have smug players or a dick for a coach. The Spurs also have more titles than the Patriots, and haven't lost in the Finals the way the Patriots have lost in the Super Bowl (or earlier rounds of the playoffs courtesy of Jay Plummer and a one Peyton Manning). You would never hear Tim Duncan go into a postgame victory conference and say, "I knew they were going to call an offensive foul on Kobe before he put up that last shot. That's why I didn't D him up on that shot" the way Brady was spewing his classlessness in interviews two seasons ago when they were undefeated.

The Spurs could not be more unlike the Patriots, and the only glaring similarity is the Patriots just find a way to be consistently good like the Spurs do. And Pop may sound like an ass when he does interviews but he's a master of sarcasm and deadpan... Belichick is just a 100% grade-A smug asshole.

JWest596
02-11-2009, 01:45 AM
That was the greatest margin of defeat for a conference series in NBA history.

But your Lakers hold the NBA Finals record in margin of defeat. Spare me you obfuscations and diversions. We all saw it. Face it , it was embarrassing. B-ball fans across the world said in unison. "Kobe can't win w/o Shaq". Or maybe they should put an asterick (*=FAIL) in the record as an explanation? Your thoughts?

You see Dr. House, there's a huge difference between a conference final and an NBA Final. You should know this. Oh and huge type posting does nothing but shows your hysterical hissy fit.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 01:46 AM
Also, you are right, DrHouse. Nothing has changed since last year, the Spurs bench scoring has not improved at all, we did not get a player that has ice water in his veins that will come in handy when playing the Lakers, who won(not counting 2 blowouts each) games by 4,2,5(I know its 8, but thats because of Sasha's disrespect to a team that decides not to foul in the last 15 seconds with a 5 point deficit.) I dont see the Lakers winning this year w/o Bynum. The Spurs are winning games while playing sub-par defense.

Did I say nothing has changed?

The Spurs got better offensively and worse defensively. You can try and say they aren't trying on defense but that's simply not the case. They just aren't as good a defensive team now that they are getting older.

Roger Mason, George Hill......these players ultimately do not factor into my admittedly simple analysis. It's all about the front court. That has been the key to the Lakers impressive 6-0 road trip and will be the key going forward into the playoffs. The Lakers utilize their 3 7ft bigmen to generate extremely high percentage looks in the paint and wide open shots for the shooters. If you cannot contain these 3 players, which the Spurs can't do with Bonner and Thomas, you aren't going to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series.

It's that simple my friend.

J.T.
02-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Srsly the Patriots are more like the Lakers. They win a lot, have the best player in the game, 3 championships in the 2000s, asshole coach, asshole players, cheated (I guess in the Lakers case they didn't cheat but .4, Barry foul, and Gasol trade sure is some sketchy bad karma to me), have faggot fans, and haven't won dick in their sports leagues for a long time.

And yes I just admitted Brady is better than Manning since I can't live down ringsmack and 3>1.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 01:51 AM
That was the greatest margin of defeat for a conference series in NBA history.

But your Lakers hold the NBA Finals record in margin of defeat. Spare me you obfuscations and diversions. We all saw it. Face it , it was embarrassing. B-ball fans across the world said in unison. "Kobe can't win w/o Shaq". Or maybe they should put an asterick (*=FAIL) in the record as an explanation? Your thoughts?

You see Dr. House, there's a huge difference between a conference final and an NBA Final. You should know this. Oh and huge type posting does nothing but shows your hysterical hissy fit.

Blah, blah, blah. Spur fan again changing the parameters of his pathetic argument to fit his incredibly idiotic smack talk.

The Spurs and Lakers will never face off in the Finals. Everyone knows in 2001 the WCF was essentially the Finals considering how weak the EC was that year.

And stop taking credit for what another franchise did that your franchise couldn't do. If the Lakers were so pathetic what does it say about your team that couldn't defeat them and lost handily 4-1?

JWest596
02-11-2009, 02:04 AM
Blah, blah, blah.

Don't get scientific and statistical on us.

And your sanctimonious comment is not smack? Spare us all, after all what would the Lakers do without excuses? Face it it was a monumental embarrassment.

If the Lakers were so pathetic what does it say about your team that couldn't defeat them and lost handily 4-1?

So we lost? It happens but there's one thing that the Lakers can't take away. The Great Western Forum, home of the Showtime Lakers of Magic and Kareem was closed down in a sweep by the Spurs defeating a Kobe/Shaq team. That's historical smack of significant importance. We're just a small market team doing the very best with all our limitations who have won three Championships since the "Three Peat" but hasn't done dick despite all the talk and excuses since 2002.

Time marches on. Dance the "Grande Huevos" dance as it seems to bring you such luck.

anakha
02-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Lakers defeated the Spurs last season 4-1 in the playoffs.

They have a coach that has bested Pop 4-1 in this decade.

YOUR TEAM LOST TO THE LAKERS 4-1.

what does it say about your team that couldn't defeat them and lost handily 4-1?

You're sticking your head in the sand and screaming "la-la-la"

JWest596
02-11-2009, 02:17 AM
anakha:

Looks like over compensation and smack of a team that still hasn't gotten the bile of bitter defeat out their mouths from last year's Finals monumentally and historically embarrassing as they were. Did you know that the Lakers set an NBA record for a margin of defeat in an NBA Finals? It surpassed their old 1965 record of defeat. Maybe they are used to it?

Perhaps if they played basketball and overcame their sense of entitlement and expected coronation of being NBA Champions every year, the Celtics would show them some shred of compassion and mercifully not pound their dicks into the dirt.

Then again, they wouldn't be the Lakers.

underdawg
02-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Blah, blah, blah. Spur fan again changing the parameters of his pathetic argument to fit his incredibly idiotic smack talk.

The Spurs and Lakers will never face off in the Finals. Everyone knows in 2001 the WCF was essentially the Finals considering how weak the EC was that year.

And stop taking credit for what another franchise did that your franchise couldn't do. If the Lakers were so pathetic what does it say about your team that couldn't defeat them and lost handily 4-1?

sounds like someone's a little insecure - reminds me of mav fan in 2007. best record in regular season, just beat the spurs in conf. finals and lost in the finals. difference is the obvious title history, but la only has bryant and fisher left from previous titles and history didn't do anything for you last year. so, don't come in here and talk history - our core's been there and will be there again. throw that "last year" and "regular season" garbage where it belongs - this year's title will only be determined by a team's playoff performance period.

Man In Black
02-11-2009, 02:28 AM
They're Past Tense.

Seriously...you can talk all the 4-1 Phil Pop talk but in the last 10 seasons, the best number to point out is 4 rings to 3 rings. You have no answer for that. NONE AT ALL. You will then try to go future tense and say Pop said this and that...everyone knows that what Pop says is tongue and cheek compared to the kind of "Serbian" the organization hears, the stuff you'll never know because you're too busy being force-fed the Laker Kool-Aid.

Hey, where did that get you the last two times in the finals when you guys were going in as the Favorites? Hell, when The LAL lost to the Pistons, the world had pretty much conceded that what happened there was a 5 game sweep. When you lost to the Celtics in such a humiliating fashion, that's all that's talked about here with the media in SO CAL, especially those blowhards at KLAC who keep focusing on the East like they're the only thing that stands in the Lakers way from getting another LOB. Those scrubs treat the Spurs like they're THE-TEAM-THAT-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED.

No...guess again,Silver and Black is back and look...now AB is "all-broke" with an 8-12 week prognosis. Hey, you never know, he could try to come back sooner than that, but if you know basketball, it'll be hard to integrate him in such a limited time-frame and he's gotta get back into shape and the rotation has to change et al.

And this quote right here: :lmao

No torch is being passed. The Lakers have always had it.
What you smell are fumes, if you had a torch, it's been reduced to a match stick.

Just because the team you back is the most popular team in the NBA, that doesn't make them the best. All style, no substance means you haven't won shit since 2002. What does that mean exactly? It means that at least 2 Summer Olympics torches have been lit and extinguished. It means that 2 Presidential Elections have been voted on and done. It means that in this season if your team fails again...that will have meant 7 seasons of falling short. Could be worse...I remember the days of Club Ced and losing the city title to the Clippers.

The only group of fans that expects to win titles more than you are Chokeland Fader fans. But you know what...they ain't won shit either.

RECOGNIZE...this Spurs team ain't going to let the Lakers just win. You'll have to earn it and FACT...A KOBE BRYANT LED LAKER TEAM HAS NEVER WON A TITLE. FACT!!!
See if your minuscule brain can handle that nugget of truth.

ezau
02-11-2009, 02:34 AM
anakha:

Looks like over compensation and smack of a team that still hasn't gotten the bile of bitter defeat out their mouths from last year's Finals monumentally and historically embarrassing as they were. Did you know that the Lakers set an NBA record for a margin of defeat in an NBA Finals? It surpassed their old 1965 record of defeat. Maybe they are used to it?

Perhaps if they played basketball and overcame their sense of entitlement and expected coronation of being NBA Champions every year, the Celtics would show them some shred of compassion and mercifully not pound their dicks into the dirt.

Then again, they wouldn't be the Lakers.

Wow, I know that that the Lakers are everybody's rag in the Finals, especially with their 14/29 record. But to surpass their old record in 1965 by their historical collapse 39-point beat down in 2008? I agree, this team is used to getting humiliated in the biggest basketball show on Earth :toast

underdawg
02-11-2009, 02:35 AM
They're Past Tense.

Seriously...you can talk all the 4-1 Phil Pop talk but in the last 10 seasons, the best number to point out is 4 rings to 3 rings. You have no answer for that. NONE AT ALL. You will then try to go future tense and say Pop said this and that...everyone knows that what Pop says is tongue and cheek compared to the kind of "Serbian" the organization hears, the stuff you'll never know because you're too busy being force-fed the Laker Kool-Aid.

Hey, where did that get you the last two times in the finals when you guys were going in as the Favorites? Hell, when The LAL lost to the Pistons, the world had pretty much conceded that what happened there was a 5 game sweep. When you lost to the Celtics in such a humiliating fashion, that's all that's talked about here with the media in SO CAL, especially those blowhards at KLAC who keep focusing on the East like they're the only thing that stands in the Lakers way from getting another LOB. Those scrubs treat the Spurs like they're THE-TEAM-THAT-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED.

No...guess again,Silver and Black is back and look...now AB is "all-broke" with an 8-12 week prognosis. Hey, you never know, he could try to come back sooner than that, but if you know basketball, it'll be hard to integrate him in such a limited time-frame and he's gotta get back into shape and the rotation has to change et al.

What you smell are fumes, if you had a torch, it's been reduced to a match stick.

Just because the team you back is the most popular team in the NBA, that doesn't make them the best. All style, no substance means you haven't won shit since 2002. What does that mean exactly? It means that at least 2 Summer Olympics torches have been lit and extinguished. It means that 2 Presidential Elections have been voted on and done. It means that in this season if your team fails again...that will have meant 7 seasons of falling short. Could be worse...I remember the days of Club Ced and losing the city title to the Clippers.

The only group of fans that expects to win titles more than you are Chokeland Fader fans. But you know what...they ain't won shit either.

RECOGNIZE...this Spurs team ain't going to let the Lakers just win. You'll have to earn it and FACT...A KOBE BRYANT LED LAKER TEAM HAS NEVER WON A TITLE. FACT!!!

well done

phyzik
02-11-2009, 02:37 AM
As much time as DrHouse spends claiming the Lakers are better than the Spurs (which they are right now, no one doubts it) you would think someone so secure in their team would just STFU and quit talking so much trash. Its clear he fears the Spurs.

DrHouse is definately a troll, probably SpursDynasty fucking around or some shit. I've given up arguing with his dumb ass. He still believes his Lakers can go 82-0 and 16-0 in the playoffs. Whatever. Its like argueing with a retarded child.

milkyway21
02-11-2009, 02:57 AM
. If the Lakers were so pathetic what does it say about your team that couldn't defeat them and lost handily 4-1?

What about the Spurs 4-0 sweep of the Lakers in 1999 playoffs? Disregard that one? :oops

JWest596
02-11-2009, 03:02 AM
As much time as DrHouse spends claiming the Lakers are better than the Spurs (which they are right now, no one doubts it) you would think someone so secure in their team would just STFU and quit talking so much trash. Its clear he fears the Spurs.

DrHouse is definately a troll, probably SpursDynasty fucking around or some shit. I've given up arguing with his dumb ass. He still believes his Lakers can go 82-0 and 16-0 in the playoffs. Whatever. Its like arguing with a retarded child.

Too many Laker fans are like that. IMO, most of them are fair weather fans who jump on the bandwagon. With their legions of fans, it must be unavoidable.

They are like people you know and who you invite into your home for the first time who sit down and stick their muddy shoes on the coffee table and stick around for dinner. Your civility, hospitality and manners prevent a scene but you never ask them back.

And I've never heard a Laker explain how a Kobe Bryant Laker teams fails to make the playoffs. Nor did they ever get past Phoenix twice when D'Antoni was there either. They should thank the Spurs for eliminating that albatross around their necks last year.

TheManFromAcme
02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
What about the Spurs 4-0 sweep of the Lakers in 1999 playoffs? Disregard that one? :oops

............you mean just like when Kobe single-handedly closed down the Alamodome in 2001? Yeah, I remember that one. :rolleyes

TheManFromAcme
02-11-2009, 07:11 AM
They're Past Tense.

Nice piece. Nice to know that all things Lakers dominate what little gray matter you have. Thank you for taking the effort to write such a piece all centralized on the one thing that is in your mind...LAKERS. As for my "no torch has been passed" comment; Glad to know that the control panel to your buttons are that accessible. :fishing. I' am glad I know this now.

You are about as truthful as Obama.......not.

Extra Stout
02-11-2009, 07:57 AM
This thread was predictable. It's been the same thing for ten years -- if a national journalist says something nice about the Spurs, they are heroes for eternity; if they say something bad, they have been evil and depraved since time began. These threads are more fun when the same journalist says something good and then bad about the Spurs in the space of two weeks and the same posters who were calling for carving his face on Mount Rushmore start cursing his mother.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Don't remember the Laker trolls being so arrogant until they stole Gasol, in fact I remember non other than Mike freaking D'Antoni joking with them because they were Suns' bitches in the early playoff rounds.

One thing history teaches everone with an ounce of brain in their heads is humility. Everybody can talk smack, but few are there to admit they were wrong when things don't go their way.

Demo Dick Marcinko
02-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Nice piece. Nice to know that all things Lakers dominate what little gray matter you have. Thank you for taking the effort to write such a piece all centralized on the one thing that is in your mind...LAKERS. As for my "no torch has been passed" comment; Glad to know that the control panel to your buttons are that accessible. :fishing. I' am glad I know this now.

You are about as truthful as Obama.......not.

Let me see if I'm getting this right? You're insinuating that a poster is obsessed with the Lakers, and this is coming from a person who lives on a Spurs board? Catch the irony here? For being such a dumb ass you sure do have an over inflated opinion of yourself. Trust me no one here thinks you're that bright or takes anything you say as gospel. Get over yourself.

I don't know that MIB or anyone 'cept maybe you would write a "centralized" (broke out the old thesaurus I see) post because that's all they have in their mind. Remember you're the only one that lives on his team's rivals forum. The rest of us have lives. Yeah I know, the mind moves in the area of it's most predominant thought, but I think in this case MIB dwelled on a singular topic, namely Faker futility and kept it concise because, well frankly you're a little dimwitted and feeble minded. You should be thanking him.

TheManFromAcme
02-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Let me see if I'm getting this right? You're insinuating that a poster is obsessed with the Lakers, and this is coming from a person who lives on a Spurs board? Catch the irony here? For being such a dumb ass you sure do have an over inflated opinion of yourself. Trust me no one here thinks you're that bright or takes anything you say as gospel. Get over yourself.

I don't know that MIB or anyone 'cept maybe you would write a "centralized" (broke out the old thesaurus I see) post because that's all they have in their mind. Remember you're the only one that lives on his team's rivals forum. The rest of us have lives. Yeah I know, the mind moves in the area of it's most predominant thought, but I think in this case MIB dwelled on a singular topic, namely Faker futility and kept it concise because, well frankly you're a little dimwitted and feeble minded. You should be thanking him.

Nice choice of words.
I am at work, enjoying a cup of Joe here in good old New Braunfels taking it easy for once, having what I thought was fun and you spew the declaration of independence?

What's so ironic about a Laker fan being on a Spurs board? Is life that shallow for you to point out where I can and can't be?

Excuse me if I am wrong but I thought ALL OF THIS was for fun.
I save the real rhtetoric for blogs, forums, discussion that matter and make a difference in my life, i.e., the economy, politics, health care, etc., etc.

I am tickling you, you shmuck. Teasing you and your loyalty to your team, that's all.

Get over it.

hater
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
wake up homers

Spurs are tied as 3rd best team in the league with Cavs.

Need a lot of work if they want to be better than lakers/celtics... but they are on the right path

ElNono
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Do we need to add another car to the bandwagon? We have a bunch of guys jumping in around this time...

1usamotorsports.com
02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Lakers are the same team as last year except if bynum plays in the play offs. Lakers are playing with alot more heart than last year because they got slaughterd by the celtics .

Its a fact that manu was hurt . Spurs now have mason , hill , and bonner is shooting his lights out . Spurs are playing alot better than last year . If spurs are healthy come play off time I would bet on the spurs.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Thus far nobody has disputed the fact that the Spurs have no answer for the Laker's front court. Bonner and Thomas have both shown they are incapable of guarding Gasol, Odom, and Bynum. Hell not even Duncan could slow Bynum down in their last matchup. The Spurs will not defeat a team they cannot defend, their offense is good but it's not as good as the Lakers.

The key and linchpin to an efficient Laker offense is running through the post, not through Kobe. Kobe is the decoy, but for Kobe to be a decoy his teammates have to be legitimate threats that need to be doubled. If you cannot stop Gasol, Odom, and Bynum there really isn't much of a chance you'll beat the Lakers 4 times in 7 games.

Somehow the majority of you think that the playoffs are going to make those matchups somehow different. That Bonner and Thomas are going to magically gain a few inches and find the fountain of youth to regain some actual athleticism.

A few rational posters have realized the exact same thing I am saying now. The Spurs need to make a trade for a legit big or they are not getting past the Lakers.

JWest596
02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Thus far nobody has disputed the fact that the Spurs have no answer for the Laker's front court. Bonner and Thomas have both shown they are incapable of guarding Gasol, Odom, and Bynum. Hell not even Duncan could slow Bynum down in their last matchup. The Spurs will not defeat a team they cannot defend, their offense is good but it's not as good as the Lakers.

Who are you trying to convince? Yourself?

A few rational posters have realized the exact same thing I am saying now

Like an arrogant smack talking Laker homer hanging around his teams' greatest threat fan site looking for affirmation and love? Considering that the Lakers haven't won another championship with Kobe by himself since 2002. You're now giving us pontifications and touting your team after the debacle of last year's 2008 Finals that was humiliated with pretty much the same team you brag about now?

Sheer comedy gold.

ElNono
02-11-2009, 12:10 PM

I did plenty of times, troll. You're just the douchebag that don't want to listen.
The Lakers frontcourt is the least of our problems. Drill it in your head already.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I did plenty of times, troll. You're just the douchebag that don't want to listen.
The Lakers frontcourt is the least of our problems. Drill it in your head already.

:lmao

One can only hope your FO is thinking the same thing.

Baseline
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Not only has a Bryant-led team never won a ring, your overblown star shot 6-17 in an ugly Game 4 loss at Staples Center, but topped it off with a magnicent 7-22 performance in the fatal Game 6 massacre.

Last year's Finals was the first since 1998 to not feature either Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal. And in 1996-98, there was a guy named Michael Jordan on the floor.

Face it Laker fans - your boy is simply not in the pantheon of a Duncan or an O'Neal. This fact was glaringly evident last year.

And will be equally so come summer time this year.

And what nobody ever talks about is another fact - if it weren't for the Gasol trade, Bryant probably would have whined himself out of LA because he "didn't have any help." So by his own admission he needs a significant big man to win a ring for him. The rest of the world already knows this. But the heads of Laker fans are so far up the entrails of Mr. Bryant that they can't see the forest for the trees.

TheManFromAcme
02-11-2009, 12:29 PM
ElNono and JWest596...............quit wearing your emmotions on your sleeves. This Spurs sight is for everyone and yes, even trolling Laker fans. If the mods live with it, so can both of you. In fact, you have no choice but to live with it and if you choose, ignore dialogue with myself and other annoying Laker fans and spew B.S. among yourselves. You guys don't know how to have fun with this and take things personally. Get over yourselves.

The Spurs front and back court don't match well with the Lakers even with the addition of a big. You can throw all the tall guys you want but you lack overall athleticsm even with Drew out. Grant it, I'll give that Hill kid major props. He's up and coming and will be a factor for years to come but come on now enough is enough with your obvious desperation to have your team taken really seriously. I take them seriously and still consider them a threat but $$$ says Lakers are the sure bet. Call it a hunch.

I know you guys are worried what the next couple of years will bring. T.D., although still very effective, is at some point going to retire. Manu? Well, Manu is Manu and a heck of a threat. Tony? Mr. Rollercoaster himself if he can somehow provide more consistency you guys can be dangerous on a night in, night out basis.

Tell you what. If it makes you feel better I'll add this:

The Spurs are of course still somewhat of a threat. Damn good coach. Good organization of course the best power foward to play the game in T.D. if you'll concede that the Lakers even with Drew out are a much better team than the Spurs and that overall your goose is cooked for the next couple of years.

What do you say?

Phenomanul
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Charlotte Bobcats >> L.A. Lakers

:downspin:

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
we've all acknowledged that the Lakers frontcourt is our main problem, and we probably wouldn't beat them without a trade, IF Bynum is healthy..

Lamar Odom is NOT a concern..he couldn't even dominate Oberto last year, so he's not even going to be a worry for us..he's one of the most inconsistent, overrated players in the NBA..he's the same player as last year..

we have yet to see a healthy Bynum have more than a 2-3 week stretch of good basketball in his entire career..there's absolutely no guarantee he's going to be healthy in May, let alone back to his peak level..it's also funny that nobody mentions the first game, where Duncan dominated him outside of the 1st, where he was settling for Js..

Gasol doesn't play well when Duncan guards him, we've seen that throughout his career..

if Bynum isn't healthy, WE WILL beat the Lakers, even without a move..the addition of Ariza is cancelled out by a healthy Manu..and then you throw in Hill, Mason, and a useful Bonner..the difference is Jermaine O'Bynum, which is where we would need a trade..

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
It is funny to see Spur fan get all riled up, it's quite clear the Lakers are in their heads no matter how much they don't want to admit it. If there is any franchise that has gotten the best of the Spurs over the last decade it is without question the Lakers. Hell the Spurs would probably be sitting on 5-7 championships right now if it wasn't for the Lakers.

The Lakers had to rebuild after Shaq left. Why you choose to criticize Bryant for not being able to lead Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, etc. to a championship is an exercise in stupidity. The fact is as soon as Kobe got teammates worth a damn he took them to the Finals. But they clearly weren't ready to beat BOS last season. The parallels to 1984 are so eery, Lakers were the clear favorites that season as well but ultimately folded to BOS's physical play. This season they appear to be on a mission, playing with a chip on their shoulder. They are matching the physical play of teams like BOS and CLE and taking it to them.

The bottom line is with a healthy Andrew Bynum none of this even matters. The talent disparity is so huge that the little intangibles that might favor the Spurs may not matter at all. They simply cannot compete against a healthy frontline of Odom, Gasol, and Bynum with Bonner, Thomas, and Duncan. It's just not happening, and neither regular season game has shown any inkling that it will.

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-11-2009, 12:49 PM
SpurFan: Manu was injured.
DrMouth: 4-1

SpurFan: Scheduling favored LA.

SpurFan: Spurs overall were injured/older/missing new components compared to 2009's team.

SpurFan: Spurs lost 15+ point leads in 3 of the 4 losses, while blowing out the Lakers in their one win.
DrMouth: 4-1, 4-1, 4-1 HEE HAW HEE HAW HEE HAW

The_Game
02-11-2009, 12:50 PM
i really wish spurs fans would stop mentioning Manu being hurt..NEWSFLASH HE WAS NO MORE HURT THAN KOBE WAS

both were struggling but both played so you can't use that as an excuse. lakers are a better team than last year even without bynum. Having a healthly Ariza is huge...also having Gasol for a full year will make it even better for L.A.

time will tell i guess but without a trade being made the spurs will not beat the lakers in a 7 game series wether Bynum is there or not.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 12:50 PM
well Kobe had a pretty good supporting cast in 2004, didn't he? you do remember, when he absolutely killed his own team with his horrible shot selection and 38% shooting, right? while Shaq was still playing great and being single covered..

Kobe always plays below his regular season play in the finals..he's never had a good finals series, which isn't something you should say about a top 15-20 player of all-time..

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 12:51 PM
i really wish spurs fans would stop mentioning Manu being hurt..NEWSFLASH HE WAS NO MORE HURT THAN KOBE WAS

:lol:lol:lol

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 12:51 PM
if Bynum isn't back, I guarantee we beat the Lakers in 5 or 6 at most..

Bandwagon Spurs Fan
02-11-2009, 12:52 PM

both were struggling but both played so you can't use that as an excuse. lakers are a better team than last year even without bynum. Having a healthly Ariza is huge...also having Gasol for a full year will make it even better for L.A.

time will tell i guess but without a trade being made the spurs will not beat the lakers in a 7 game series wether Bynum is there or not.

you're probably some fat guy whose never played ball on a fucked up ankle if you believe that.

nkdlunch
02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Spurs best in the West. no question about it. anything else is pure Laker delusion

If Bynum comes back. and that's a huge IF. Maybe Lakers might compete. But for now Spurs > Lakers

The_Game
02-11-2009, 12:55 PM
you're probably some fat guy whose never played ball on a fucked up ankle if you believe that.

I played at a very high level and you could tell Manu was out but no where near as bad as people on here were stating..just a sorry ass excuse to the asskicking by the lakers wasn't so bad.

Kobe struggled big time due to his injury and you could see it effected him..the difference is..kobe is a great player who can play through pain while Manu is a very good role player...thats the main difference.

lefty
02-11-2009, 12:56 PM
if Bynum isn't back, I guarantee we beat the Lakers in 5 or 6 at most..

We'll destroy them even with Bi-num

The_Game
02-11-2009, 12:57 PM

:lol you are really overrating the Spurs, even without bynum the lakers wouldn't lose more than 1 game against the spurs. The Spurs frontcourt is garbage, unless a trade is made nothing will change the series of lakers in 5.

MarHill
02-11-2009, 01:11 PM
It is funny to see Spur fan get all riled up, it's quite clear the Lakers are in their heads no matter how much they don't want to admit it. If there is any franchise that has gotten the best of the Spurs over the last decade it is without question the Lakers. Hell the Spurs would probably be sitting on 5-7 championships right now if it wasn't for the Lakers.

The Lakers had to rebuild after Shaq left. Why you choose to criticize Bryant for not being able to lead Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, etc. to a championship is an exercise in stupidity. The fact is as soon as Kobe got teammates worth a damn he took them to the Finals. But they clearly weren't ready to beat BOS last season. The parallels to 1984 are so eery, Lakers were the clear favorites that season as well but ultimately folded to BOS's physical play. This season they appear to be on a mission, playing with a chip on their shoulder. They are matching the physical play of teams like BOS and CLE and taking it to them.

The bottom line is with a healthy Andrew Bynum none of this even matters. The talent disparity is so huge that the little intangibles that might favor the Spurs may not matter at all. They simply cannot compete against a healthy frontline of Odom, Gasol, and Bynum with Bonner, Thomas, and Duncan. It's just not happening, and neither regular season game has shown any inkling that it will.

DrHouse,

You posted earlier that Lakers have beaten the Spurs 4-1 in this decade. I mentioned in response that the Lakers dominated the early part of the decade and the Spurs dominated the middle part of the decade. Now, this last part of the decade is up for grabs.

You somehow forgot....that 2005-2007 the Spurs and Lakers didn't play each other during the playoffs and if they would have played...the Spurs were clearly the better team.

Hmm...interesting fact.

As I said all along, I have a healthy respect for the Lakers and what they have accomplished. But to continue to post it's a forgone conclusion they will win the West is premature at best and arrogant at worst.

Also, I will not go on about last year playoffs....that's done. But you continue to make this argument about Bynum and Ariza not being there. Bynum was already out for that WCF and Manu was playing on the bad ankle he suffered from the Phoenix series. There's a huge difference...when a player is already out and wasn't going to play than a player who played in the prior series and didn't have it for the WCF.

I have given the Lakers' credit for winning the series fair and square. They did. Also, while Ariza is a nice player he hasn't become a Bruce Bowen yet on defense and a healthy Manu would still be able to do the things on the court he would always have done.

Yes, the Lakers' frontline is nice. However, you keep forgetting that TD had a good series and Gasol can't stop him. Bynum would make a difference with his size....but if he's isnt there TD will still dominated Gasol.

Also, Lamar Odom had two great regular season games probably the best in his Lakers' career. But he's an engima. Until I see real consistent play for him...I'm not jumping on his bandwagon. He is very talented but he can have games of 8 pts and 3 rebs just as easily as he had games against Boston and Cleveland last week.

Lastly, it's funny how you write that the talent gap between the Spurs and Lakers is so huge. Wow!! This same core of Spurs have won three out of the last six championships. This isn't Dallas or Phoenix trying to win their first championship. And to somehow dismiss them like they don't have a legit chance to win the west is just ridiculous.

I have written all along the Lakers are the favorite this season to come out of the west...but to continue to try to put the Spurs in the rear view mirror is just plain foolish.

Also, the Spurs' offense has evolved with the additions of Mason and Hill and Bonner's long range shooting. You bet....those factors are something Phil Jackson and the Lakers will have to game plan for if they met in the WCF this season.

The Lakers are not in my head and I respect their team like I respect the Celtics and any other elite team. But, the Spurs will be right there in the end and not to acknowledge that is not being objective and flat out wrong.

MarHill
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
:lol you are really overrating the Spurs, even without bynum the lakers wouldn't lose more than 1 game against the spurs. The Spurs frontcourt is garbage, unless a trade is made nothing will change the series of lakers in 5.

You are really underrating the Spurs' experience and championship savvy. And to give the series to the Lakers in Feb is premature at best and arrogant at worst.

I just want both teams to be healthy and they meet each other in WCF...then we can see what happens.

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
having read through this thread, I'm only marginally surprised that I haven't seen our resident Laker fans argue that this year's Lakers' team would destroy any other team in the history of basketball. It's as if such an awesome assemblage of talent has never before been seen in the history of the game. Even All-Star teams . . . hell, even the 1992 Dream Team . . . haven't had enough talent to deal with these Lakers.

I exaggerate, but the smugness is striking.

I frankly think Simmons is wrong and I remain convinced that the Lakers are clearly the favorites to win the West. But I'm tired of the smugness of Laker fan.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Bynum clearly had a huge impact in both games, especially the 2nd game..I can't really see how anybody believes the Lakers would beat this much improved Spurs team(talent-wise) without Bynum..

ElNono
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM

Wait, is this a Spurs forum, and are you a Lakers fan? Is this a thread that has nothing to do with the Lakers?

I think we all know who keeps San Antonio in their heads...
Just make it short, admit you're scared, and let's move on.

As I said in another thread about this same subject and that you obviously completely avoided, when the game is close or on the line, Kobe takes the shots. Not Gasol, or Bynum. If that frontcourt you speak so highly of has so many easy shots, you would think a smart coach like Phil would go for the easy shot, not the tough one. Yet Kobe takes it.
You have a decent frontcourt, that's all. We have the best PF to ever play the game, and a couple of serviceable parts around him. We would need one more mobile big to deal with players like Nowitzki and West, and to take turns guarding Shaq so TD doesn't wear out. That's about it. The Lakers frontcourt doesn't enter in that picture at all. Gasol has been Duncan's bitch forever, and it's not changing anytime soon. And Bynum has not played against the playoff version of TD.

You or your team don't scare anybody here, and until you win it all with this Lakers team you're not getting any respect either. If you wanna gloat on your regular season accomplishments, you can always go to Lakergrounds or such forums.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
don't listen to Laker fans..they are by far the most insecure fans in sports..

most of the people in this thread have admitted the Lakers would beat us in a series right now, yet they're still getting defensive as hell, as usual..they go as far as defending the rape of a woman..they're ridiculous..

JWest596
02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
ElNono and JWest596...............quit wearing your emmotions on your sleeves. This Spurs sight is for everyone and yes, even trolling Laker fans. If the mods live with it, so can both of you. In fact, you have no choice but to live with it and if you choose, ignore dialogue with myself and other annoying Laker fans and spew B.S. among yourselves. You guys don't know how to have fun with this and take things personally. Get over yourselves.

The Spurs front and back court don't match well with the Lakers even with the addition of a big. You can throw all the tall guys you want but you lack overall athleticsm even with Drew out. Grant it, I'll give that Hill kid major props. He's up and coming and will be a factor for years to come but come on now enough is enough with your obvious desperation to have your team taken really seriously. I take them seriously and still consider them a threat but $$$ says Lakers are the sure bet. Call it a hunch.

I know you guys are worried what the next couple of years will bring. T.D., although still very effective, is at some point going to retire. Manu? Well, Manu is Manu and a heck of a threat. Tony? Mr. Rollercoaster himself if he can somehow provide more consistency you guys can be dangerous on a night in, night out basis.

Tell you what. If it makes you feel better I'll add this:

The Spurs are of course still somewhat of a threat. Damn good coach. Good organization of course the best power foward to play the game in T.D. if you'll concede that the Lakers even with Drew out are a much better team than the Spurs and that overall your goose is cooked for the next couple of years.

What do you say?

Good grief.

You're an admitted troll. You're so arrogant and so immature enough to think your comments warrant substantive replies and concessions from Spurs fans as a condition? Like some insecure adolescent looking for friends?

No one has ever said you could not post here, that's your own psychosis at work. The form is SpursTalk, not "Lonely Laker Trolls' in Need of Love and Affirmation Talk". You come here talking shit and how Spurs fans must concede to you POV, just how fucking old are you?

As to wearing anything on my sleeve look back on this thread at the 24 point Laker troll reply to comments because they were shown to be fools, they think shouting in 24 pt characters amounts to legitimacy?

Please spare me your ridiculous condescension and boiler plate common "Spurs need a big man" argument. Dis you come up with that all by yourself? That's been a concern since DROB left in 2003 yet the FO has acquired a Rasho, a Nazr Mohammed and they evolved them into a championship component of this team. Perhaps you missed this when the Lakers and the "GOAT Kobe" missed the playoffs or when Phoenix handed you your walking papers in the first round TWICE. It happens to band wagon fans.

The Spurs are on track as per usual to (minus any possible Pop and RC quiet machinations they are known for) to develop Bonner and Oberto and Thomas as the help they need for Tim. They've proven they can do it and have a track record to show for it where as you Laker trolls haven't seen a championship in nearly seven years despite two humiliating tries in the Finals since 2002. The simple fact remains Kobe hasn't done it and you hysterical POV that this year is the year and that you mean it this time, well I'm not impressed. We all saw how smug, righteous and arrogant when Payton and Malone signed up.

Post away, say stupid things, pontificate on the greatness of Lakerdom but at least have the common decency to line your sandbox with newspaper because your trolldom pretty much stinks.. BTW getting called out on another team's fan site is normal, being a Laker troll or a current front runner grants you no special privileges.

TheManFromAcme
02-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Good grief.

You're an admitted troll. You're so arrogant and so immature enough to think your comments warrant substantive replies and concessions from Spurs fans as a condition? Like some insecure adolescent looking for friends?

No one has ever said you could not post here, that's your own psychosis at work. The form is SpursTalk, not "Lonely Laker Trolls' in Need of Love and Affirmation Talk". You come here talking shit and how Spurs fans must concede to you POV, just how fucking old are you?

As to wearing anything on my sleeve look back on this thread at the 24 point Laker troll reply to comments because they were shown to be fools, they think shouting in 24 pt characters amounts to legitimacy?

Please spare me your ridiculous condescension and boiler plate common "Spurs need a big man" argument. Dis you come up with that all by yourself? That's been a concern since DROB left in 2003 yet the FO has acquired a Rasho, a Nazr Mohammed and they evolved them into a championship component of this team. Perhaps you missed this when the Lakers and the "GOAT Kobe" missed the playoffs or when Phoenix handed you your walking papers in the first round TWICE. It happens to band wagon fans.

The Spurs are on track as per usual to (minus any possible Pop and RC quiet machinations they are known for) to develop Bonner and Oberto and Thomas as the help they need for Tim. They've proven they can do it and have a track record to show for it where as you Laker trolls haven't seen a championship in nearly seven years despite two humiliating tries in the Finals since 2002. The simple fact remains Kobe hasn't done it and you hysterical POV that this year is the year and that you mean it this time, well I'm not impressed. We all saw how smug, righteous and arrogant when Payton and Malone signed up.

Post away, say stupid things, pontificate on the greatness of Lakerdom but at least have the common decency to line your sandbox with newspaper because your trolldom pretty much stinks.. BTW getting called out on another team's fan site is normal, being a Laker troll or a current front runner grants you no special privileges.

:blah:blah:dramaquee

God, your easy.....

JWest596
02-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Dyan Cannon is easy. You're predictable. After all. I'm not on Club Laker and Lakerground trolling.

Fear and insecurity aren't my motivation for posting. What's your excuse?

TheManFromAcme
02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Dyan Cannon is easy. You're predictable. After all. I'm not on Club Laker and Lakerground trolling.

Fear and insecurity aren't my motivation for posting. What's your excuse?

Because THIS > :wakeup is what I like to do when I get the chance.
You know West, your a piece of work but I like you. Don't know why but I do.

Your funny. It's a shame you take things so seriously. Lighten up and loosen that neck-tie.

Sometimes doing this > :downspin: helps.

Relax. Have a martini. Listen to some Sinatra and you'll see that living for your Spurs is not everything unless of course you want to do all that I suggested PLUS catch a Laker game. :p:

Silly guy.

Ghazi
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
A lot of Spurs Kool Aid being drank lately. they're still the 5th best team in basketball.

Also, they're like 5 shots away from being 30-20.

Lakers on the other hand are an INDY fluke shot and Mason fluke shot away from being 44-7.

TDomination
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I will wait until the Spurs win the championship this year to claim them as the best team.

There are a lot of good teams this year, and I think a Lakers/Spurs playoff could easily go 7 games. Should be fun to watch.

FromWayDowntown
02-11-2009, 02:52 PM
A lot of Spurs Kool Aid being drank lately. they're still the 5th best team in basketball.

Also, they're like 5 shots away from being 30-20.

Lakers on the other hand are an INDY fluke shot and Mason fluke shot away from being 44-7.

I think the thing that's getting noticed -- more than the record -- is the clearly improved play of late. Yeah, 5 shots from being 30-20 perhaps, but this team is 20-5 since 1/1 (including the punted loss in Denver -- a game that I think they might have lost anyway), going 9-3 on the road during that span. Despite their slow start, the Spurs are better on the road than everyone in the association not named Lakers, Magic, and Celtics.

I think you're right that the fawning over the Spurs is a bit premature, but I think there are indications that the Spurs might actually be better than their record would suggest, too.

Ghazi
02-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Ill buy that, Ill buy that. A few weeks ago 2-9 in the West still seemed up in flux. Spurs have gained separation, now it looks like 3-9.

FreeMason
02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I am nervous about the PO every year but I guarantee it will be Spurs and Lakers in the WCF if no more players get injured.

I still view the Spurs as a level or so below L.A. but they have a decent puncher's chance.

Man In Black
02-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Kobe led the Lakers to 3 titles.
Oh really, how many Finals MVP's did he get?
And when he clearly tried to take over the Detroit Series, what happened then? A five game sweep and Shaq pissed off saying trade me.

For a Doctor...YOU ARE INCREDIBLY DENSE.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT HE ISN'T HEALTHY AND PROBABLY WON'T BE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

I don't think you know shit about Sports Medicine. I know the Lakers just as well as any Laker Fan, hell even better. While you guys keep drinking that Kool-Aid, there are 5 teams with enough ammunition right now that can beat your team provided they can bring it when it counts.

Oh and Acme...while you fancy yourself as some sort of Deepak Chopra of Laker Fandom, you're inability to comprehend even the most direct points of these posts, show that you lack insight and would prefer to dance in the moisture of your own self-made"Golden Shower".

You know what...that applies to you too Dr. House.

:king

z0sa
02-11-2009, 03:24 PM
If Spurs play great defense, they will only need a decent offensive showing to put the Lakers away. It's all riding on just how far we can turn up the intensity on that end of the court. Personally, I believe the Spurs are better than the Lakers and will prove it come playoff time.

I also think Pop will have outcoached Phil clearly this season when its all said and done. Pop always has IMO, but Phil is excellent at exposing player's mental weaknesses. This year, Pop's got proven shooters for Phil's "collapse the paint area" style of defense he loves against our pick n roll/post up driven offense. I don't think Bonner, Mason, Bowen, Finley, and even Parker will be missing many open jumpshots. Manu healthy of course brings a whole new set of ideas to the table.

I think Lakerfan writing us off is very stupid, which again will be proven at the end of the season.

Brazil
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Props to Doc House ! He is the perfect troll. He is saying the same thing again and again and again and he lights a big fire each time. It's a really good job.

JWest596
02-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Because THIS > :wakeup is what I like to do when I get the chance.
You know West, your a piece of work but I like you. Don't know why but I do.

Your funny. It's a shame you take things so seriously. Lighten up and loosen that neck-tie.

Sometimes doing this > :downspin: helps.

Relax. Have a martini. Listen to some Sinatra and you'll see that living for your Spurs is not everything unless of course you want to do all that I suggested PLUS catch a Laker game. :p:

Silly guy.

Martinis and Sinatra are for for faux sophisticates from LA. I'll bet you carry a roll of dimes and drink your peach vanilla tinis little finger out extolling the virtues of Gery Goose over Stoli. No thanks.
I don't take myself seriously not do I live "for the Spurs" or troll other team sites to assuage my fears and insecurities. It's a game and a team I like and admire from a town whence I came and have done so since the first Pearl Beer nights in the HemisFair Arena.

And to lighten up and gather some humor I listen to the preachers of Lakerdom extol their hallucinations and basketball acumen.

In fact let's check the Laker's fan headlines for today shall we? You can really push those smilie buttons to express your advance psychological basketball sophistication.

"Most talented team in NBA History", Always. Year after year. It's not like it's last years team . LOL!
"NBA Finals tickets", Stern is having them engraved as we speak.
"you be Kobe and here is my interview" A FAcebook reject?
"if this team gets 70+ wins , is it BEST team in nba history?" Winning the rest of your games with no losses? Impressive.
"If there is any question about who the best player in the game is, call me, call me collect if you want to", Somebody got a new Iphone?
"Don't Look Now... Lakers Forming Identity", Non arrogant, humble,intelligent sincere? Impossible
"Kobe created a new shot", high arching turn around jumper...whoddathunkit?

That's just sad. And Laker trolls say our expectations are unrealistic? No wonder Laker fans come here. They're home space ports in LALand are contagious bastions of nonsense.

"Silly guy." you say?

Laker trolls on SpursTalk.com....sheer comedy gold.

ambchang
02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
One thing that the Spurs will need to do is to shoot quickly. The Laker's have enough length and speed to both collapse the paint and rotate on to the shooters. They can always close the passing lanes quickly.

The Lakers are probably the best team at exploiting weaknesses of the Spurs since the Mavs of 06.

As for who will win in a series, I always predict the Spurs. What kind of fan would I be if I chose otherwise.

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Props to Doc House ! He is the perfect troll. He is saying the same thing again and again and again and he lights a big fire each time. It's a really good job.

You really make it quite easy.

I know full well many Spur fans have deep seated feelings about the Lakers, in a similar way to how many Laker fans feel about the Celtics. They might not admit it publicly, but based on how easy it is to incite a large number of people on this forum it's quite obvious.

Very few fans can actually be objective and rational when talking about their own team. I distinctly remember hearing last season from some friends of mine, who were Spur fans, how the Spur's offensive droughts in the regular season didn't mean anything and that come playoff time none of that would matter. Well guess what, they did mean something. The Spurs defense did its job, but the offense went through huge droughts and that's why they lost in the playoffs.

This season the situation reversed itself. Offense got better but defense got worse. Can't remember a time when the Spurs let other teams shoot near 46% from the field against them. And I can guarantee my Spur friends will be saying the same thing about the defense this year that they did about the offense. And the result will be the same.

Lakers win.

hater
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM

I know full well many Spur fans have deep seated feelings about the Lakers, in a similar way to how many Laker fans feel about the Celtics. They might not admit it publicly, but based on how easy it is to incite a large number of people on this forum it's quite obvious.

Very few fans can actually be objective and rational when talking about their own team. I distinctly remember hearing last season from some friends of mine, who were Spur fans, how the Spur's offensive droughts in the regular season didn't mean anything and that come playoff time none of that would matter. Well guess what, they did mean something. The Spurs defense did its job, but the offense went through huge droughts and that's why they lost in the playoffs.

This season the situation reversed itself. Offense got better but defense got worse. Can't remember a time when the Spurs let other teams shoot near 46% from the field against them. And I can guarantee my Spur friends will be saying the same thing about the defense this year that they did about the offense. And the result will be the same.

Lakers win.

talk about being insecure.

anybody can go to an opponent site and rile up a bunch of kids. It takes no skill. But if a pat in the back is what you are looking for. Here you go. Props for riling up the under 15 population of spurstalk. :rolleyes

DrHouse
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
talk about being insecure.

anybody can go to an opponent site and rile up a bunch of kids. It takes no skill. But if a pat in the back is what you are looking for. Here you go. Props for riling up the under 15 population of spurstalk. :rolleyes

I enjoy the back and forth debate on here that doesn't exist on homer ass Laker forums where you get banned for saying even the slightest derogatory comment against the team.

ElNono
02-11-2009, 03:57 PM

The word rational fan and you are mutually exclusive.
We had scoring droughts when our leading scorer got injured. But a douche like you already knew that.

Lakers win.

If there's something that always come around under Pop, is the defense. The question, if any, is wether we can keep the offense clicking as it is right now. We definitely have some players this year contributing a lot towards that, but everybody can get on a slump.
So the defense will come, and if the offense stays the same, this is not even debatable.

Spurs win.

Brazil
02-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Lakers win.

Admit it you're a troll, a damn good troll but a troll. Don't get me wrong it's a compliment, there are so many weak trolls on this board I'm happy to see a good one for once.

You could let the things go but hell no you come again and again with the same inflammatory arguments, as a result we have a load of outraged posters here that try to convince you you should be afraid to play the spurs in PO. Once again good job.

I wish lakers and spurs an healthy end of season and I hope to see both teams in the WCF, we will figure out then.

Spurs win.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM
did House really write that Kobe led the Lakers to 3 titles?..

hater
02-11-2009, 05:02 PM
did House really write that Kobe led the Lakers to 3 titles?..

you sound surprised

Nathan Explosion
02-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I'll bet you carry a roll of dimes and drink your peach vanilla tinis little finger out extolling the virtues of Gery Goose over Stoli.

Hey, don't be going there in a Grey Goose vs. Stoli argument. While Grey Goose is my favorite, Stoli, is a damn fine vodka. The last bottle of vodka I had was Stoli 100 proof. So good.

So, if someone wants to have an intelligent debate as to which is better and why, I say one thing: Who cares?

Both of them taste good, are smooth as silk, and will fuck you up beyond belief if you don't respect them.

I need a drink. :toast

TheManFromAcme
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Martinis and Sinatra are for for faux sophisticates from LA. I'll bet you carry a roll of dimes and drink your peach vanilla tinis little finger out extolling the virtues of Gery Goose over Stoli. No thanks.
I don't take myself seriously not do I live "for the Spurs" or troll other team sites to assuage my fears and insecurities. It's a game and a team I like and admire from a town whence I came and have done so since the first Pearl Beer nights in the HemisFair Arena.

And to lighten up and gather some humor I listen to the preachers of Lakerdom extol their hallucinations and basketball acumen.

In fact let's check the Laker's fan headlines for today shall we? You can really push those smilie buttons to express your advance psychological basketball sophistication.

"Most talented team in NBA History", Always. Year after year. It's not like it's last years team . LOL!
"NBA Finals tickets", Stern is having them engraved as we speak.
"you be Kobe and here is my interview" A FAcebook reject?
"if this team gets 70+ wins , is it BEST team in nba history?" Winning the rest of your games with no losses? Impressive.
"If there is any question about who the best player in the game is, call me, call me collect if you want to", Somebody got a new Iphone?
"Don't Look Now... Lakers Forming Identity", Non arrogant, humble,intelligent sincere? Impossible
"Kobe created a new shot", high arching turn around jumper...whoddathunkit?

That's just sad. And Laker trolls say our expectations are unrealistic? No wonder Laker fans come here. They're home space ports in LALand are contagious bastions of nonsense.

"Silly guy." you say?

Laker trolls on SpursTalk.com....sheer comedy gold.

:lmao

Damn that was good West. Epic!