PDA

View Full Version : Tinsley for Felton??

ploto
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Rasho and Nazr teammates again?

The Indiana Pacers and Charlotte Bobcats have engaged in serious discussions on a multiplayer trade centered around point guards Jamaal Tinsley and Raymond Felton, multiple sources told ESPN.com Tuesday.

The discussions between the teams have been ongoing for weeks, though the parameters and pieces have continually changed. If the deal comes to fruition, the sources said, it would likely include Tinsley, Jeff Foster and a third player (Brandon Rush, Stephen Graham, Marquis Daniels) going to the Bobcats for Felton, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May.

One source said there was only one team other than the Bobcats interested in Tinsley, who has been told to stay away from the Pacers since the start of training camp while Indiana tries to trade him. Tinsley has two years remaining on his contract after this season for $7.2 million and $7.5 million, making the task of moving him even more difficult for Indiana president Larry Bird.

The sources who spoke to ESPN.com indicated the current hang-ups in the Bobcats-Pacers talks included:

• The Bobcats' insistence on including Mohammed in any deal, with Charlotte wanting to get rid of his remaining two years ($6.4M and $6.9M) in return for assuming Tinsley's guarantee.

• How much value Charlotte would get in return for Felton, who becomes a restricted free agent July 1 (and whose asking price, the Bobcats fear, will be more than they are willing to pay).

Three sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described the discussions as "active," though none would go so far as to say a Tinsley-Felton deal was likely prior to the Feb. 19 NBA trade deadline.

In a conference call with reporters Tuesday, Bobcats executive Michael Jordan said he likes the improvement Felton has shown, but wouldn't rule out trading him. Though Jordan did add, that's "not what our intent is as of right now."

The sources also said the Bobcats and Pacers had discussed a different version of a Felton-Tinsley deal earlier this season that included Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown, the two players the Bobcats ended up dealing to the Los Angeles Lakers last week for Vladimir Radmanovic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3897431&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

MI21
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I thought Felton was going alright this season for the Bobcats, but I guess they have Augustin there who can do just as good a job and it would allow him to mature quicker. Getting Brandon Rush would be a nice piece and they could start Foster at C to allow Okafor to play his natural role at PF.

As for the Pacers, I wouldn't be giving away Rush in the deal, and I don't really see the point in trading for Felton when they already have TJ Ford. The Pacers would be getting the better end of the deal talent wise, but they don't need Nazr. May could be good if he ever gets his body in shape.

Weird trade idea.

iggypop123
02-11-2009, 12:01 AM
brown knows what guys he wants and he is getting them.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Indiana's doing it for relief, Charlotte is doing it for Larry Brown's interests..

ploto
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM
As for the Pacers, I wouldn't be giving away Rush in the deal, and I don't really see the point in trading for Felton when they already have TJ Ford. The Pacers would be getting the better end of the deal talent wise, but they don't need Nazr. May could be good if he ever gets his body in shape.

Weird trade idea.

They should include Graham and not Rush, I suppose. I think the Pacers would end up with a boatload of expiring contracts.

djohn14
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
If its Graham/Daniels and not Rush then this is a steal for Indy.