PDA

View Full Version : Tim as a teammate

TDfan2007
02-11-2009, 01:27 AM
I saw several examples this game of how great a teammate and person Tim really is. At every timeout and at the end of every quarter he's the first (and sometimes only) guy out there high fiving his teammates and patting them on the head. Other guys get the headlines for it, but I don't think there's a better teammate/leader in the entire league than Tim. He just gives his teammates so much confidence that they raise their level of play. Perfect examples are SJax in 03, Tony, Manu, Mason, and now Bonner. Tim's willingness to defer to those guys has made all of them better players.

On a side note, did anyone see Tim take a picture with that little kid after the Nets game?

We are so lucky to have him as our team's superstar and I for one am going to dread the day he retires.

TD = :king

Creation88
02-11-2009, 01:28 AM
he's, plain and simple, a badass.

i'm proud to have seen him play.

duncan228
02-11-2009, 01:48 AM
It's been as incredible watching him grow into the leader we see today as it has been watching him play. He's simply the best.

GSH
02-11-2009, 01:54 AM
On a side note, did anyone see Tim take a picture with that little kid after the Nets game?

TD = :king

Heh... just said it in the other post. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116619 Great minds, and all that, huh?

I've never know what the hell he's doing when he hugs the ball like he does, but I'm gonna miss seeing that, too.

TDfan2007
02-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Heh... just said it in the other post. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116619 Great minds, and all that, huh?

I've never know what the hell he's doing when he hugs the ball like he does, but I'm gonna miss seeing that, too.

I think it has something to do with his Mom. Just a guess though. He just seems like someone who cares so much about so many things, important things.

TDfan2007
02-11-2009, 02:15 AM
It's been as incredible watching him grow into the leader we see today as it has been watching him play. He's simply the best.

Definitely

ManuTP9
02-11-2009, 02:17 AM
One of the Greatest.

Rogue
02-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Tim Duncan is definitely the best center in the league, much more respectful than shaq and D Howard, never to mention yao.

Dirk is the best PF on the planet, much better than KG and amare, never to mention Damn West.

Sec24Row7
02-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Tim Duncan is definitely the best center in the league, much more respectful than shaq and D Howard, never to mention yao.

Dirk is the best PF on the planet, much better than KG and amare, never to mention Damn West.

What the fuck does Dirk Nowitzki have to do with the price of tea in China?

Tim has gotten a lot better with really little kids since he had Sydney. It seems like every time you turn around he is doing something to make a little kid a lasting memory.

King K
02-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Did you guys see how Duncan ask Matt Bonner and George Hill to go on captions meet on Nugget game? I think it was really nice of Tim to send them since he wasn't gone a play that game..

After his retirement they should put his statue on River Walk! haha

honestfool84
02-11-2009, 11:23 AM

rXe2n2Y

de Soto
02-11-2009, 11:24 AM
What a revelation to all of us Spurs fans who have attended the games since Tim came on board. You never know about people. Who would have thunk???:rolleyes

honestfool84
02-11-2009, 11:28 AM
What a revelation to all of us Spurs fans who have attended the games since Tim came on board. You never know about people. Who would have thunk???:rolleyes

don't be an ass.

just agree like everyone else - absolutely no need for any contention on this matter.

i am going to dread the day he retires.
i am glad i got the chance to see tim duncan and michael jordan play, in their primes, in my lifetime.

two of THE GREATEST, if not the greatest at their positions.
am i blessed, or what?

i just need shoes from duncan that say "to david, from tim duncan" and im good to go. ;)

sonic21
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM
tim is great.
but i remember tony saying Tim ignored him his whole 1st year :stirpot: