PDA

View Full Version : My television nightmare...

Whisky Dog
02-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Seems every time I go to my girl's place if the tv is on it's on stuff like this:

Tool Academy
Real Chance of Love
Rock of Love

and any other of the 100 shows of this nature. Before I got into this relationship I tended to date 3 or 4 women at a time and EVERY one of them watched the same stuff.

What is it that makes this stuff so addictive to women?

DisAsTerBot
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Seems every time I go to my girl's place if the tv is on it's on stuff like this:

Tool Academy
Real Chance of Love
Rock of Love

and any other of the 100 shows of this nature. Before I got into this relationship I tended to date 3 or 4 women at a time and EVERY one of them watched the same stuff.

What is it that makes this stuff so addictive to women?

im not sure.....my gf is the same way. We have dvr so that helps since i refuse to even be in ear shot of those horrid shows. Plus if it's dvr'd then it makes me feel better as to not be contributing to the show ratings (in my mind anyway)

G-Nob
02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Idiocracy at its finest. Pretty soon we'll have a show called Ow, My Balls.

DisAsTerBot
02-11-2009, 01:43 PM

:lol i might watch that one

G-Nob
02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
A lot of people today would. And that's the point of the movie...

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Idiocracy-1775.html

mrsmaalox
02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I've never seen any of those shows. The only un-reality show I've seen is Survivor. But not even that lately.

mexicanjunior
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I watch Rock of Love (Bus)...lots of hot chicks fighting with each other...good times.

ploto
02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Never seen them- must be the kind of girls you like.

G-Nob
02-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Just tell her to watch The Soup and she'll get all the highlights for all of her shows in about 5 mins.

JudynTX
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
I thought this was about the analog to digital switch, NM.

monosylab1k
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Just tell her to watch The Soup and she'll get all the highlights for all of her shows in about 5 mins.

:tu The only good thing about all those shitty shows is that they provide so much material for The Soup to make fun of them.

I've never seen Bromance but after watching it on The Soup, I'm sure it's the worst reality show ever.

G-Nob
02-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah The Soup is one of the funniest shows on TV. :lol

Whisky Dog
02-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Never seen them- must be the kind of girls you like.

I thought the same thing, but I've dated a fairly diverse cross section of women in the last year. Ages range from 20 to 36 and everything from Eastern European (my current gf is Bosnian) to latina, but they all eat this stuff up.

I know there are a lot of ST women here who also eat this stuff up. Don't be shy - tell us what is so appealing about these types of shows.

BTW, The Soup is about the one show both she and I love to watch. Excellent show.

leemajors
02-11-2009, 02:57 PM
rock of love and tool academy are fucking hilarious trash. :tu

Spurminator
02-11-2009, 03:12 PM

They have that show already, but it's called Wipeout.

koriwhat
02-11-2009, 03:14 PM

my buddy is the quiet lawyer in that movie... the korean with the long hair.

"he's like... and we're like... guilty! plus he talks like a fag!" something along those lines. hahahaha.

angel_luv
02-11-2009, 03:42 PM
The shows are horrendous- yet sometimes I sit and watch an episode just to see what something is about. I wanted to know the premise of tool academy, for example.
Rock of love I refused to give credance to once he started season 2 after supposedly finding love in season 1.

I have however set through both the above shows more than once in order to be social with my roommates, while all of us attempted to unwind after long work days.

I had high hopes for Whitney's " The City" being worthwhile. But it is as high school as the Hills became after its first season.

The thing about almost all these reality shows is that once you have seen one you have basically seen them all- same format, same type drama- just with different cast.

My one guilty pleasure is the Bachelor, but I have missed my favorite part of it- the Hometown visits- due to my grueling work schedule at the Rodeo.
I also like Hell's kitchen but haven't been home in time to see that one yet this season either.

SpursWoman
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I love The Soup ... but none of the shows they make fun of on there.

The only reality kind of shows that I like are American Idol & The Biggest Loser.

angel_luv
02-11-2009, 04:00 PM
I forgot about American Idol- another great show the Rodeo is temporarily keeping me from.

CuckingFunt
02-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't watch the VH1 reality shows, but I can kind of understand the appeal. Everyone needs to turn their brains off and appreciate the train wreck every now and then. I was much more willing to give them a chance when their dating shows/reality shows focused on washed up celebrities. Once the nobodies from those dating shows started getting their own dating shows, however, I stopped even trying to watch.

I fully support the reality shows in which people are rewarded for actual talent (in theory), though -- Top Chef, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, and even America's Next Top Model (though, admittedly, this one is far from respectable).

SpursWoman
02-11-2009, 04:20 PM
I fully support the reality shows in which people are rewarded for actual talent (in theory), though -- Top Chef, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, and even America's Next Top Model (though, admittedly, this one is far from respectable).

We just this season started watching Hell's Kitchen ... Gordan Ramsey is such an enormous prick but I love him.

JudynTX
02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
We just this season started watching Hell's Kitchen ... Gordan Ramsey is such an enormous prick but I love him.

:lol He's the reason I watch HK. Did you ever see his other show Kitchen Nightmares, where he renovates restaurants that are on the brink of closing?

SpursWoman
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
:lol He's the reason I watch HK. Did you ever see his other show Kitchen Nightmares, where he renovates restaurants that are on the brink of closing?

Yeah ... I watch the BBC version, too. He's brutal.

mexicanjunior
02-11-2009, 04:27 PM

I watch both of those shows, they are good times. Seeing Ramsey rip into inempt cheifs is hilarious...

angel_luv
02-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Believe it or not, Chef Ramsey has a heart. You have to watch Kitchen Nightmares or far into Hell's Kitchen once he has somewhat bonded with his contestants for a glimspe of it though.

MiamiHeat
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
get yourself a new gf

My wife hates those shows. she's actually intelligent. you need to start picking girls who have both brains and beauty and not just the latter