PDA

View Full Version : A few thoughts on the past month...

SpursDynasty
02-11-2009, 04:07 PM
So I had to leave this forum for a month because of some piece of shit Orlando team. All I have to say is, what now Orlando? :lol Now I'm not the type to wish injury on anybody, but if this means that Orlando is out of contention for the Eastern Conf. Championship, who am I to find anything wrong with that? It's always unfortunate to see a player get injured, but if it means one less team in the way, then I have no complaints. Some players really need to think about when something is worth putting your body on the line for. Is diving to grab a rebound away from Erick Dampier really worth it to lose out on the rest of the season for? Apparently so for Jameer Nelson. Some of these players let All-Star selection get to their heads and think they can do anything on the floor and get away without getting hurt. This is just referring to basketball, I have nothing personal against Jameer Nelson as a person. Orlando will be going home after the semifinals, so they'll have some more time to get ready for next season. Simply put, this Orlando team has overachieved and has no business being a 38-12 team...as for their situation, tough. You supposedly still have 2 All-Stars, right?

Also, the Lakers...I recall not too long ago Kobe not wanting Bynum on the Lakers, wanting to "ship his ass out", well I guess Kobe went ahead and got Bynum out of the game himself. Kobe, a simple layup or PASSING THE BALL TO BYNUM IN THE LANE might have worked better than some fancy ass falling to the floor layup. It's the Memphis Grizzlies, what are you trying to prove? And look what you ended up doing because of your fancy shit. Apparently Kobe doesn't want Bynum to be a 20/10 All-Star. Also, look who won the first meeting between the Spurs and Lakers. What now Lakers? As for the second meeting, the Lakers had 16 more free throws, and Farmar and Ariza won that game for them. Next time we need to knock their asses to the ground. I don't know who they think they are, trying to come out and act like they are veterans against the Spurs. Idiots.

As for the upcoming All-Star game, this year will be more of the same, no watching. I have never watched an ASG in its entirety. This year particularly for some of the clowns that are on the rosters. Allen Iverson? The guy who went to Denver, did nothing, then went to Detroit, and still hasn't done anything? How about LeBron James, who played like SHIT vs. the Lakers in both meetings.... This idiot is 14-for-45 against the Lakers this season...not only that, he commits a foul with under a second to go against the Pacers and costs his team the game. Idiot. I mentioned this on another forum, is it really necessary to score 47 on the Pacers? GET YOUR DAMN TEAMMATES INVOLVED AND YOU MIGHT WIN THE GAME. Let's look at his numbers in some big games:

October vs. Boston: 9-for-21 from the floor
Nov. 1 vs Hornets: 6-for-15 from the floor
Jan. 19 vs Lakers: 9-for-25 from the floor
Jan. 29 vs Magic: 10-for-27 from the floor
Feb. 8 vs Lakers: 5-for-20 from the floor

And this guy is "one of the top two players in the NBA"? Yeah, good going LeBron.

How about Danny Granger? I can honestly say I can't even put a face to that name, I've never seen the guy and if I did, I don't remember who he is. If Chris Paul, Yao, Brandon Roy, Pau Gasol, and David West are considered the best the NBA has to offer in its All-Star lineups, then this league is seriously weakening. I have disappointed in the league as a whole this season. Night after night I tune to see shitty games. 26 out of the 30 NBA teams are unwatchable. And the MVP talks have been a joke. Kobe and LeBron, how original. You want to know who I honestly think should be considered an MVP candidate? Roger Mason. He hit game winners against the Lakers and Celtics. Without Mason, we don't win those games or the Phoenix game on Christmas and we'd be in bad shape momentum wise. I wouldn't give the MVP award to a player who injures the starting center or who costs their team a game against the Pacers with 0.4 seconds to go.

Before I close this message I'll say something about Dallas and Phoenix. What on earth has happened to these 2 franchises? From 2004-February 2008, Phoenix was an entertaining team. They were a team that would never and could never win a win a championship, but at least were fun to watch. They at least would get their 60 win seasons. Then they bring in Shaq? Jason Richardson? Matt Barnes? Maybe Steve Kerr is trying to keep the Spurs on top by sabotaging the Phoenix franchise.

And then Dallas...all I have to say is, sucks to be you. The Kidd-Harris trade has to be the worst trade in the NBA this decade. Even worse than the Gasol trade. Gasol isn't All-Star caliber, he just made the All-Star team because he's a Laker. Dallas still has Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Dampier...the same core that made the Finals and won 67..what the hell is the deal?

As for the Spurs and their big wins, not much to say. I have no reason to trash talk against teams that we're expected to go out and beat on a regular basis, we've beaten everyone we needed to, Lakers, Celtics, you name it. There are only 2 real championship contenders this year, the Spurs and Celtics. We already beat them, no one left to beat. EDIT: One last thought: Rajon Rondo, who the HELL do you think you are, pushing Kobe? Dipshit.

Ghazi
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
lol

duncan228
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Let the games begin.

Welcome back.

Reck
02-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Welcome back SD.

IronMexican
02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
We missed you.

Brazil
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Welcome back SD, the lakers trolls have occupied the ground, it's a relief to see you back. ST is not the same without your very accurate analysis of the things of the NBA.

sook
02-11-2009, 04:18 PM
lol at the Lebron tirade , true thogh

IronMexican
02-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I kind of hope the Lakers lose today just to read SD's reaction:)

Allanon
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Welcome back SD, the lakers trolls have occupied the ground, it's a relief to see you back. ST is not the same without your very accurate analysis of the things of the NBA.

Hahah. Well said. :lol

scanry
02-11-2009, 05:39 PM

Exactly, they've literally camped outside ST. :lol

BTW Welcome back SD, you're probably the only troll ST enjoys. Unlike Lakaluva, you atleast stuck to your end of the deal.

turiaf for president
02-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Exactly, they've literally camped outside ST. :lol

BTW Welcome back SD, you're probably the only troll ST enjoys. Unlike Lakaluva, you atleast stuck to your end of the deal.

not defending lakaluva.........but LOL @ nba dynasty =D

lil_penny
02-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Welcome back

stretch
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
hi jeff, how have your Buffalo Wild Wings gigs with the Josh Daniels Band been going? considering you didnt have any time to post here, i assume your spare time was spent working on your percussionist skills.

timvp
02-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Rogue needs to fire a rebuttal.

j-money24
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Sd Is Back!!
Woooooooo Hoo

Allanon
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Leonard's favorite whipping boy is back, should add to the fun too.

Banzai
02-11-2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/clap.gif (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/clap.gif)

FreeMason
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP Most Valuable Poster MVP MVP MVP!

Brazil
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/clap.gif (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/clap.gif)

:lol

sonic21
02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
welcome back SD

Stump
02-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Now I'm not the type to wish injury on anybody, but if this means that Orlando is out of contention for the Eastern Conf. Championship, who am I to find anything wrong with that?
But they never WERE a true contender! Don't you remember?

Anyway, welcome back.

lil_penny
02-11-2009, 08:25 PM
SD > God

Unholy Turkey
02-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I love you.

Ghazi
02-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Rogue is way, WAY, WAY more clever than SD.

mavs>spurs2
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Rogue is way, WAY, WAY more clever than SD.

Agreed. Rogue is my favorite poster by far :hat

m33p0
02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
:lol

LEONARD
02-12-2009, 11:22 AM
You didn't leave for a month, little bitch...you posted on 1/14...

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3028788#post3028788

You fail at everything...

MacGyver
02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome back :hat

BobcatsDynasty
02-12-2009, 04:34 PM
SpursDynasty is avoiding talking about the Bobcats. He knows who the real NBA champion of the past decade has been.

ManuTP9
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
that was the truth Lmao welcome back

Banzai
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
SpursDynasty is avoiding talking about the Bobcats. He knows who the real NBA champion of the past decade has been.

:rollin:lol

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Some classic stuff in here... :lol

And the MVP talks have been a joke. Kobe and LeBron, how original. You want to know who I honestly think should be considered an MVP candidate? Roger Mason. He hit game winners against the Lakers and Celtics. Without Mason, we don't win those games or the Phoenix game on Christmas and we'd be in bad shape momentum wise.

Before I close this message I'll say something about Dallas and Phoenix. What on earth has happened to these 2 franchises? Dallas...all I have to say is, sucks to be you. The Kidd-Harris trade has to be the worst trade in the NBA this decade. Even worse than the Gasol trade. Gasol isn't All-Star caliber, he just made the All-Star team because he's a Laker. Dallas still has Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Dampier...the same core that made the Finals and won 67..what the hell is the deal?

As for the Spurs and their big wins, not much to say. I have no reason to trash talk against teams that we're expected to go out and beat on a regular basis, we've beaten everyone we needed to, Lakers, Celtics, you name it. There are only 2 real championship contenders this year, the Spurs and Celtics. We already beat them, no one left to beat.

Findog
04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
The original post is so full of win, I'm glad he bumped this.

sook
04-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Some classic stuff in here... :lol

leanord..the obsession is getting a bit out of control

dallaskd
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
And then Dallas...all I have to say is, sucks to be you. The Kidd-Harris trade has to be the worst trade in the NBA this decade. Even worse than the Gasol trade. Gasol isn't All-Star caliber, he just made the All-Star team because he's a Laker. Dallas still has Dirk, Howard, Terry, and Dampier...the same core that made the Finals and won 67..what the hell is the deal?

Kwame Brown for Caron Butler
Brandon Roy for Randy Foye
Eddie Griffen for Richard Jefferson
Robert Traylor for Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown
Shane Battier for Rudy Gay
Luis Scola for 2nd round pick

The Mavs got a Hall of Fame PG. Harris was the number 3 guy in dallas and probably still would be. He needed to go to New Jersey to blossom and the Mavericks are still a contender. It was definatley not the worst trade of the past decade.

Findog
04-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Devin Harris put up pretty much the same per minute numbers in Jersey that he did in Dallas. I think actually he has done a better job of getting to the line in Jersey, adjusted for minutes. His midrange game is better too, so he gets better looks from teams that don't know whether to sag off of him and pack the lane, or play up on him and force him to put the ball on the floor.

Otherwise, he had a couple of monster games and led the Nets to 33 wins in an Eastern Conference that was total shit after the top 3 teams. The only way this trade backfires now for Dallas is if Kidd walks in the summer and next year's pick is a lotto selection for Jersey. I can't believe that they salvaged the trade to this extent. Thanks Jason Kidd.

Ghazi
04-29-2009, 09:49 PM
His improved offense came at the expense of his defense regressing to atrocious though.

I really can't tell where the Mavs would've been w/ Devin Harris this year. Maybe slightly better, maybe the same, maybe slightly worse. Not drastically worse or better though.

Kidd's done a great job this year though, his adjusted +/- is one of the best in the league and he's a good 3-PT shooter and defender against 2 guards. You have to SOMEWHAT attribute the years Dampier/Terry/Barea had to Kidd's presence as well. Durability is important too, and Kidd has played 86 of 87 possible games this year.

Last year I've always felt was just a case of bad luck and timing causing people to pin the Mavs woes on the trade. J-Ho was bad after the ASB and horrible in playoffs, Dirk missed 5 games (4 injury/1 suspension), and Mavs were like 2-8 in games decided in final minute. It really seemed like bad luck, and Avery was pretty bad too.

Kidd was very good last year for the Mavs, and very good this year.

But the trade will end up looking pretty bad if he walks.

Findog
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah, I forgot to mention that. Devin was a good defender with the Mavs. Lawrence Frank doesnt bust his ass to play D.

LEONARD
06-13-2009, 11:49 AM
So I had to leave this forum for a month because of some piece of shit Orlando team. All I have to say is, what now Orlando? :lol Now I'm not the type to wish injury on anybody, but if this means that Orlando is out of contention for the Eastern Conf. Championship, who am I to find anything wrong with that? It's always unfortunate to see a player get injured, but if it means one less team in the way, then I have no complaints. Some players really need to think about when something is worth putting your body on the line for. Is diving to grab a rebound away from Erick Dampier really worth it to lose out on the rest of the season for? Apparently so for Jameer Nelson. Some of these players let All-Star selection get to their heads and think they can do anything on the floor and get away without getting hurt. This is just referring to basketball, I have nothing personal against Jameer Nelson as a person. Orlando will be going home after the semifinals, so they'll have some more time to get ready for next season. Simply put, this Orlando team has overachieved and has no business being a 38-12 team...as for their situation, tough. You supposedly still have 2 All-Stars, right?

Also, the Lakers...I recall not too long ago Kobe not wanting Bynum on the Lakers, wanting to "ship his ass out", well I guess Kobe went ahead and got Bynum out of the game himself. Kobe, a simple layup or PASSING THE BALL TO BYNUM IN THE LANE might have worked better than some fancy ass falling to the floor layup. It's the Memphis Grizzlies, what are you trying to prove? And look what you ended up doing because of your fancy shit. Apparently Kobe doesn't want Bynum to be a 20/10 All-Star. Also, look who won the first meeting between the Spurs and Lakers. What now Lakers? As for the second meeting, the Lakers had 16 more free throws, and Farmar and Ariza won that game for them. Next time we need to knock their asses to the ground. I don't know who they think they are, trying to come out and act like they are veterans against the Spurs. Idiots.

As for the upcoming All-Star game, this year will be more of the same, no watching. I have never watched an ASG in its entirety. This year particularly for some of the clowns that are on the rosters. Allen Iverson? The guy who went to Denver, did nothing, then went to Detroit, and still hasn't done anything? How about LeBron James, who played like SHIT vs. the Lakers in both meetings.... This idiot is 14-for-45 against the Lakers this season...not only that, he commits a foul with under a second to go against the Pacers and costs his team the game. Idiot. I mentioned this on another forum, is it really necessary to score 47 on the Pacers? GET YOUR DAMN TEAMMATES INVOLVED AND YOU MIGHT WIN THE GAME. Let's look at his numbers in some big games:

October vs. Boston: 9-for-21 from the floor
Nov. 1 vs Hornets: 6-for-15 from the floor
Jan. 19 vs Lakers: 9-for-25 from the floor
Jan. 29 vs Magic: 10-for-27 from the floor
Feb. 8 vs Lakers: 5-for-20 from the floor

And this guy is "one of the top two players in the NBA"? Yeah, good going LeBron.

How about Danny Granger? I can honestly say I can't even put a face to that name, I've never seen the guy and if I did, I don't remember who he is. If Chris Paul, Yao, Brandon Roy, Pau Gasol, and David West are considered the best the NBA has to offer in its All-Star lineups, then this league is seriously weakening. I have disappointed in the league as a whole this season. Night after night I tune to see shitty games. 26 out of the 30 NBA teams are unwatchable. And the MVP talks have been a joke. Kobe and LeBron, how original. You want to know who I honestly think should be considered an MVP candidate? Roger Mason. He hit game winners against the Lakers and Celtics. Without Mason, we don't win those games or the Phoenix game on Christmas and we'd be in bad shape momentum wise. I wouldn't give the MVP award to a player who injures the starting center or who costs their team a game against the Pacers with 0.4 seconds to go.

Before I close this message I'll say something about Dallas and Phoenix. What on earth has happened to these 2 franchises? From 2004-February 2008, Phoenix was an entertaining team. They were a team that would never and could never win a win a championship, but at least were fun to watch. They at least would get their 60 win seasons. Then they bring in Shaq? Jason Richardson? Matt Barnes? Maybe Steve Kerr is trying to keep the Spurs on top by sabotaging the Phoenix franchise.

As for the Spurs and their big wins, not much to say. I have no reason to trash talk against teams that we're expected to go out and beat on a regular basis, we've beaten everyone we needed to, Lakers, Celtics, you name it. There are only 2 real championship contenders this year, the Spurs and Celtics. We already beat them, no one left to beat. EDIT: One last thought: Rajon Rondo, who the HELL do you think you are, pushing Kobe? Dipshit.

sook
06-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Leanord stop sucking cock and bumping such old threads