PDA

View Full Version : Devin Harris Making Nets Fans Forget Jason Kidd

duncan228
02-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Devin Harris making Nets fans forget Jason Kidd (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-02-11-2881915656_x.htm)

Indazone
02-11-2009, 05:46 PM
cruel but..

:tu

sribb43
02-11-2009, 06:32 PM
until they get to the Finals twice or how about even make the playoffs, Devin Harris aint done shit for that franchise

jacobdrj
02-11-2009, 06:45 PM
JK was truly the MVP from 2001 to 2003... Had Byron not been a bonehead, J-Kidd might have even won a title in 2003...

Indazone
02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Yi is the face of the NJ Nets! lol

At least until Lebron starts to play for them.

SpursDynasty
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Dallas is 48-37 since Kidd joined. Did Dallas really turn down a Baron Davis for Kidd trade? Idiots.

Indazone
02-11-2009, 07:11 PM
:D

Welcome back Spursdynasty! :tu

dirk4mvp
02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Jason Kidd is one of the best PG's to ever play. Who the fuck is Devin Harris?

Universe
02-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Jason Kidd was one of the best point gaurds to play the game before attitude kicked in.

endrity
02-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Jason Kidd was one of the best point gaurds to play the game before age kicked in.

corrected

baseline bum
02-12-2009, 12:22 AM
JK was truly the MVP from 2001 to 2003... Had Byron not been a bonehead, J-Kidd might have even won a title in 2003...

:lmao

You can't be serious.

lefty
02-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Dh !

Rogue
02-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Why the F didn't coach K select Devin harris to his dreamteam as long as he is better than Kidd? Kidd used to be the league's best PG and now he is still among the best ones even at the age of 35. Harris still needs a gold medal and some tripple doubles to make those BS come ture that "harris > Kidd". Harris has the potential to be as good as kidd is today, but it's hard to say whether he is gonna reach the level Kidd has ever been at.

dirk4mvp
02-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Why the F didn't coach K select Devin harris to his dreamteam as long as he is better than Kidd? Kidd used to be the league's best PG and now he is still among the best ones even at the age of 35. Harris still needs a gold medal and some tripple doubles to make those BS come ture that "harris > Kidd". Harris has the potential to be as good as kidd is today, but it's hard to say whether he is gonna reach the level Kidd has ever been at.

:tu This is how you put the faggots in their place.

ElNono
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
How can you ever compare the number 2 player in the entire NBA with number 1200000...
Please. We use a system that took us 8 years to develop, and Donnie and I let it run the team.
Let's see what's the next suggested trade: Jason Terry for Robin Lopez...

djohn2oo8
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
until they get to the Finals twice or how about even make the playoffs, Devin Harris aint done shit for that franchise

Just like Kidd

JonG
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Harris still lacks basketball IQ and he's not a great distributor either.

For this season and even next, I'd much rather have Kidd at the point than Harris. It's in future years that the Harris for Kidd swap will backfire, not currently. For this season, Mavs are in great shape at the starting PG position.

Rogue
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I Just like Kidd
thanks, I'm delighted to see your love for him. It's your first step to give up the sucking rockets and to join us?

confined
02-12-2009, 11:59 AM

You can't be serious.

That claim really isn't that ridiculous....

Twisted_Dawg
02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Those Mav fans are real fucking sensitive about that Kidd/Harris trade and the debate on who got the better deal.

Hey Mav fans: your owner fucked up...AGAIN!

Findog
12-16-2009, 11:55 AM
http://netsarescorching.com/2009/12/16/the-early-struggles-of-devin-harrs-is-he-turning-a-corner/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+NetsAreScorching+(Nets+Are+Scor ching)&utm_content=Twitter

Headed into this season, the Nets roster had two known quantities: Brook Lopez and Devin Harris. A quarter of a season in, Brook Lopez has more than held up his end of the deal as he’s on the verge of putting together a 20-10 season. Devin Harris on the other hand, is a bit of an enigma right now. After dealing with injuries in training camp and at the beginning of the regular season, Devo’s been back for the last 13 games and has struggled to find his shot, though there are some signs that he’s on the verge of turning it around..

After last night’s game against Cleveland where Harris had 22 points on 7-18 shooting, Devin has scored more than 20 points in back-to-back games for the first time this season. His performance Sunday, against the was probably his finest all-around game to day when he scored 23 points and made 9 assists, in an otherwise irrelevant blowout loss where the Nets gave up 130 points. Against Cleveland, Devin struggled with his shot early, but went 5-8 in the second half, before committing a flagrant foul on Jamario Moon and getting ejected.

What’s been most concerning about Devo at the quarter-season mark, is how his numbers seem to be regressing back to his days in Dallas when he far from the first option on offense like he is now in New Jersey. While the 2007-08 Devin Harris was a solid player and nice get for Rod Thorn when he dumped Jason Kidd that spring, he’s not necessarily the kind of player you build your entire roster around.

Looking at some advanced statistics, Harris is actually currently playing at a lower level than he did when the Nets first acquired him from Dallas in 2008. Headed into Tuesday’s game, his Player Efficiency Rating (PER) is at 16.39, only a little above average, compared with 17.63 in 07-08. While his usage rate is up to about 26.2 possessions per 40 minutes (compared to 22 in 07-08), his assist ratio is 21.5, down from 27.2 and his True Shooting Percentage, which takes into account three-pointers and free throws, is a pedestrian 49 percent, down from 57.3 percent two years ago.

In reality, it’s Devin’s shooting that is most concerning and is the likely root of his regression. For a small point guard with durability issues, Harris has always been a fantastic finisher at the rim, shooting 56 percent on shots at the rim last season, and 60 percent the year before – spectacular numbers for a point guard. This season, he’s shooting 50 percent at the rim, while his free throw rate remains on par from the season before, and higher than it was in Dallas. So he’s attacking the basket with the same veracity, but on plays when he doesn’t get fouled, he’s not finishing as much. Harris is also scuffling on shots less than 10 feet from the rim. Last season he averaged about one of those shots per game, and shot 53 percent from that distance. This season, he’s settling for more short range jumpers, about 1.3 per game, and is shooting only 29 percent within 10 feet.

Meanwhile, while Harris has never been much of a long-range jump shooter, his field goal percentage on threes and long twos is even lower than it’s been in the past. He’s shooting 28 percent from 16-23 feet this year, compared with 39 percent last year, and 37 percent the year before, according to Hoop Data. On threes, his effective field goal percentage is 32.6 percent, compared with 43.7 percent last year and 48.0 percent the year before.
It’s also worth noting when Devin is shooting. Because he’s the first option on offense, he’s getting the ball with more consistency with the shot clock is winding down. According to 82games, 14 percent of Devin’s field goal attempts are coming with 4 seconds or less left on the shot clock, compared with 11 percent last year.

Now, a lot of this has to do with Devin’s teammates. Obviously, having a wingman like Vince Carter last season, and having guys like Dirk Nowitzski on in Dallas, took a lot of the opposition’s focus off of Harris. Now that he’s “the guy,” defenses know that if they stop Devin, the Nets can only turn to Brook Lopez, or hope someone like Courtney Lee or Chris Douglas-Roberts can emerge as a consistent weapon on offense. It hasn’t happened yet, and as a result, Harris is going to struggle more often than not.

Still, these numbers give pause to the idea that Devin Harris is an organizational centerpiece, aka “superstar,” that he appeared to be a year ago. Hopefully the past two games are the start of something good for Devin. If not, the Nets have to reevaluate if he’s really the cornerstone building block he was made out to be this past summer, when the organization traded the last of their all-stars away.

sribb43
12-16-2009, 12:28 PM
:lmao nets

Muser
12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Harris isn't even the best player on that team, and that team has the worst record in the league, so idk how you can compare him to JK.

Findog
12-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Can people dial back the "Worst Trade of All-Time" talk? At least that's what Bill "The Sports Putz" Simmons says. That was clearly a trade that should be win-win for both teams: Mavs get a better PG to help them win NOW, while the Nets got a nice piece for the future.

For a Celtics fan, he sure seems to have forgotten about Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers for Joe Johnson.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Harris still lacks basketball IQ and he's not a great distributor either.

For this season and even next, I'd much rather have Kidd at the point than Harris. It's in future years that the Harris for Kidd swap will backfire, not currently. For this season, Mavs are in great shape at the starting PG position.

I agree.

And Harris will never be as good as Kidd in his prime, that's grotesque. He's a fringe top-10 pg in the league and that's pretty much his ceiling.

mogrovejo
12-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Can people dial back the "Worst Trade of All-Time" talk? At least that's what Bill "The Sports Putz" Simmons says. That was clearly a trade that should be win-win for both teams: Mavs get a better PG to help them win NOW, while the Nets got a nice piece for the future.

For a Celtics fan, he sure seems to have forgotten about Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers for Joe Johnson.

Nah, that trade was spectacular because by moving JJ Chris Wallace got to clear playing time for his lottery draft pick, future super-star Kedrick Brown. :bang

DAF86
12-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Until the Mavs choke away a 2-0 lead in the NBA finals against a much crapier team than them, Jason Kidd aint done shit for that franchise.

dirk4mvp
12-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Jason Kidd > Manu

Findog
12-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Jason Kidd > Manu

Barbaro > Manu

lefty
12-16-2009, 01:36 PM
You realize that Harris has a very shitty team round him, right?

dirk4mvp
12-16-2009, 01:37 PM

A shitty team in which he's not even the best player on. Everyone knows that.

monosylab1k

You realize they were a borderline playoff team before Harris got traded there, right?

DAF86
Jason Kidd > Manu

Harris > Kidd > Manu > Dirk

lefty
12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
You realize they were a borderline playoff team before Harris got traded there, right?
Yeah, byt they got worse from that point

monosylab1k
12-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah, byt they got worse from that point

Why? they just made a blockbuster steal of a raping of a trade with Dallas, which should have improved their team by leaps and bounds according to all the Spurs fans here.

Findog
12-16-2009, 01:46 PM

I thought Devin was supposed to be a #1 piece?

lefty
12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
I thought Devin was supposed to be a #1 piece?
He is doing the best he can.

But there is such a negative energy around that franchise right now...

monosylab1k
12-16-2009, 02:05 PM
He is doing the best he can.

So he's that bad?

monosylab1k
12-16-2009, 02:06 PM
So let me get this straight - With Jason Kidd the Nets were a borderline playoff team. After making the TRADE OF THE MILLENIUM and getting Devin Harris Christ, not only do they miss the playoffs, but rather than try to build a championship roster around HarrisChrist/Carter/Jefferson the GM decides to blow the whole thing up and rebuild.

Makes sense :td

Findog
12-16-2009, 02:08 PM
The truth is that Kidd has more left in the tank than people gave him credit for and Harris got more touches last year as a co #1 option in NJ than as a #4 option in Dallas. It's not a bad trade for either team: Kidd wasn't going to stick around for that mess, so the Nets got something for him, and Kidd is a much better option for the Mavs with Dirk's window closing.

Harris is a good player, but I think teams are learning how to defend him better...especially without Vince Carter to worry about. If his jumper has regressed, he becomes an infinitely more mortal player. You can just pack the lane on him. I think it's obvious by now that his status as a cornerstone for a franchise to build around is in flux. He can be part of a contending team's core, but he can't be your main piece. If the latter were the case, the Nets wouldn't be 2-23 or whatever they are now.

lefty
12-16-2009, 02:14 PM
So he's that bad?
:lol

Anyway, right now: Nets > Spurs

HarlemHeat37
12-16-2009, 03:10 PM
As I said last year while everybody was gushing over this trade, Harris is very overrated..he has also become a horrible defender as he's established himself as an offensive threat..

Ghazi
12-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I remember the Mavs nation was feeling so blue... this time last year... 121-97 loss to the Nets where Devin exploded for over 40 points and 10 assists.

Just goes to show how quickly perceptions can change... especially about that trade. I don't think regardless of how this season turns out Mavs fans will say "if only we had Devin...".

Basketballgirl25
12-16-2009, 05:39 PM
do people really still talk about this trade? Really sad how people still talk about it. It happened so long ago here's what we all should know

Kidd is old and Harris will never be as good as Kidd. Now with that said everyone should stop watching basketball and go find Pikey and Frankie and met them, because Pikey and Frankie are both better then Kidd and Harris put together

mystargtr34
12-16-2009, 09:22 PM

Vince Carter
Richard Jefferson

DAF86
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Vince Carter
Richard Jefferson

lol, thread.

monosylab1k
12-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Vince Carter
Richard Jefferson

Yeah, that's my point. Did you even read what I posted ON THIS SAME PAGE?

So let me get this straight - With Jason Kidd the Nets were a borderline playoff team. After making the TRADE OF THE MILLENIUM and getting Devin Harris Christ, not only do they miss the playoffs, but rather than try to build a championship roster around HarrisChrist/Carter/Jefferson the GM decides to blow the whole thing up and rebuild.

Makes sense :td

At least now it's confirmed you're a fuckin retard.

endrity
12-16-2009, 11:44 PM
If anything Devin has seriously regressed ever since he left the Mavs. The freedom of being the number 1 option on offense has made him forget everything that once made him good, defense, penetrate and dish, fast breaks. He has become a bad volume shooter, and nothing more.

Same thing happened to Smokey when Avery wanted to build him up as 1b option on offense, he stopped doing the things that made him successful up until that point.

badfish22
12-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Good trade for both teams. It should just be left at that.
Kidds played fantastic this year for us.

Culburn369
12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
If anything Devin has seriously regressed ever since he left the Mavs. The freedom of being the number 1 option on offense has made him forget everything that once made him good, defense, penetrate and dish, fast breaks. He has become a bad volume shooter, and nothing more.

Same thing happened to Smokey when Avery wanted to build him up as 1b option on offense, he stopped doing the things that made him successful up until that point.

Matzel, matzel, good things.

Findog
01-21-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't understand. I thought New Jersey pulled off the heist of the century

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12467/nets-pulling-brakes-on-harris-trade-talk

The Nets’ willingness to move point guard Devin Harris has been a popular topic since our own Chad Ford included Harris – even with visions of Harris' 2008-09 breakout season still so fresh – on ESPN.com’s list of 25 prime trade candidates before the league’s Feb. 18 deadline.

Chad subsequently mentioned a possible Harris-for-Caron Butler scenario in a SportsNation chat earlier this week, which was followed by ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher reporting on the NBA Today podcast with Ryen Russillo that the Lakers have inquired about Harris because of concerns about their ability to contain quicker guards defensively.

One source close to the situation, however, cautioned Wednesday night that the Nets do prefer to keep Harris for the rest of this season – specifically through the draft lottery in May at a minimum – before dealing him.

The Nets still regard second-year center Brook Lopez as their only untouchable and are undeniably somewhat dismayed that Harris hasn’t been able to follow up last season’s All-Star appearance with a next-step season.

The Nets, though, also concede that it would be far easier to shop Harris if they know they’ve just won the right to draft Kentucky’s John Wall with the No. 1 overall pick. If they don’t win the Wall lottery, with no other impact point guards forecasted to be available in the draft or through free agency, dealing Harris based on what they’ve seen during this nightmare season might prove to be a hasty call.

endrity
01-21-2010, 09:54 AM
... and compare that to the recent play by Kidd, with an over 7 to 1 assist-turnover ratio!

This Mavs team has problems, or better yet limitations. It needs better offensive play by their wing positons especially. But Kidd is not the problem, if anything it has allowed Dirk to be Dirk more than ever.

Basketballgirl25
01-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Here's something about Harris and Kidd, what player doesn't need Kidd to be good? Oh yeah, Brook Lopez.

Dirk needing Kidd to win is funny. Guess he isn't as good as people think he is

endrity
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Dirk playing off you is 100 times better than Brook Lopez playing off Magic Johnson, just to make things clear.

Basketballgirl25
01-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Dirk playing off you is 100 times better than Brook Lopez playing off Magic Johnson, just to make things clear.

Dirk isn't playing off me:lol, he is playing off Jason Kidd and Dirk will be out of the league before Brook Lopez, who hasn't missed a game yet(knock on wood) so I don't have to worry about Dirk much longer, maybe 3 or 4 years at best:toast

Basketballgirl25
01-21-2010, 02:36 PM

and I'm not saying Dirk isn't good, because he is, people I know(no one on here) are saying Dirk is playing well because of Kidd, if that is true then he isn't as good as people think. IMO you have yours and I have mine all well ends well. We can both agree Brook and Dirk will both be playing longer then Kidd:toast

badfish22
01-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Dirk needing Kidd to win is funny. Guess he isn't as good as people think he is

Basketballgirl25
01-21-2010, 03:11 PM

hey just saying Dirk needing Kidd is dumb, Dirk doesn't need Kidd, Dirk is still the Mavs best player. Kidd just needs to get Dirk the ball, Harris did that with Dirk on the Mavs. So far I'd say Dirk and Harris is better then Dirk and Kidd at least Dirk and Harris were in the finals, lost but still better then nothing. Kidd and Dirk haven't been in the finals and won't be again this year:toast

mavs>spurs2
01-21-2010, 03:54 PM
we've been through this a thousand times, harris is shooting 38% from the field or something alike and sucks, while kidd had 15 assists last night. kidd > harris for the duration of his stint on the mavericks, and harris wasn't going to be a longterm cornerstone to build on anyway. he's hardly starting pg material

Findog
01-28-2010, 06:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/12669/the-nets-on-a-decade-long-spin-cycle

A decade ago, the Nets were sad, divided and disappointed.

They had an alpha-dog point guard who had arrived from a better team, ready to show what he could really do. They had a coach who was really smart and friendly but maybe a tad too soft-spoken and thoughtful to take command of the situation. They had a big man, drafted high, who went long periods without touching the ball.

Which is all true today.

Back then, the leading characters were Stephon Marbury, Don Casey and Keith Van Horn.

Now it's Devin Harris, Kiki Vandeweghe and your choice of Brook Lopez or Yi Jianlian.

I hear you Devin Harris fans. You're saying: How dare you compare this talented young player to the icon of self-centered gunners?

By now it's well accepted that Marbury was more or less a bust just about everywhere he went -- the kind of super-talent who could always get his but never cared much about the rest of his team, and as a result did a heck of a lot of losing.

Harris is a long way from that. But maybe not as far as you might think.

Did you notice that the Nets had their best game of the season on Wednesday, when Harris sat out with a sprained wrist?

That got me thinking more about the idea that Harris might have a little Marbury in him, exactly a decade later. Some things I have learned:
The Nets have been shockingly bad when Harris is on the court. When Harris plays, the team scores about 100 points per 100 possessions, and gives up more than 116 -- a devastating number. When his replacement Keyon Dooling is in, according to basketballvalue.com, the numbers are dramatically better: The Nets score about two fewer points per 100 possessions, but instead of giving up 116, they give up just 101. 15 points better on defense! Wow. (There are lots of reasons to take this analysis with a grain of salt. Harris generally plays with and against starters, while Dooling plays with and against backups. However, adjusted plus/minus, which attempts to account for those differences, ranks Harris as percentage points from being this season's worst Net.)
Dooling ran the show last night, and keyed the win. In the game-deciding fourth quarter run, Dooling had two buckets, two assists and a steal. He made all five of his shots in the fourth quarter. Notable was that not only did Dooling play well, but he also got several Nets in the mix. Terrence Williams, Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, Chris Douglas-Roberts ... there have not been a lot of Harris-led games with so many Nets shining.
You who say Harris is not nearly as selfish as Marbury, let's compare. A decade ago, yes Marbury used more possessions than Harris does now: 28.2% compared to 24.9 for Harris. And Marbury shot more about 20% more per minute. But he also shot more accurately (53% true shooting percentage compared to 49%), and most importantly passed the ball far more. Marbury had an assist rate of .39, while Harris is just .32. Harris is 14th in usage rate among point guards, but his assist rate is way down the list at 39th. What's more, Harris has a PER of 14.9 this year, while Marbury was at 20.7 a decade ago. Also worth noting: Harris is 26. Marbury, then, was just 22.

You could keep going on with the comparisons between the teams. Harris had played with an MVP big man in Dirk Nowitzki before coming to the Nets. Marbury had played with Kevin Garnett. Kerry Kittles -- an athletic "D and 3s" guy is not dissimilar from Courtney Lee.

And there's one last similarity. Today's Nets are essentially praying for a savior from out of town who will show up, change the culture, and lead them to the Finals immediately. LeBron James, perhaps. It might seem like a crazy gambit. But stranger things have happened. Jason Kidd arrived in the summer of 2001, and that very next year those same players who had been so miserable for so long were in the Finals.

AnthonyM
01-28-2010, 06:14 PM
We get it, Findog.

You don't like when people say the Kidd-Harris trade was one of the worst of the decade.

Findog
01-28-2010, 06:16 PM
We get it, Findog.

You don't like when people say the Kidd-Harris trade was one of the worst of the decade.

Worst of the decade for whom? The Nets?

AnthonyM
01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Worst of the decade for whom? The Nets?

I have my own thoughts about it.

But you bump this thread like once a month.

All I'm saying is we get it. The guy's been injured and Kidd is averaging around 9 assists and Dirk is havign a great season.

Anything else is beating a dead horse.

Findog
01-28-2010, 06:22 PM
I have my own thoughts about it.

But you bump this thread like once a month.

All I'm saying is we get it. The guy's been injured and Kidd is averaging around 9 assists and Dirk is havign a great season.

Anything else is beating a dead horse.

Well, there were a lot of threads last year when he had Vince Carter to play off of and got his Chris Gatling/Jamaal Magloire-esque All Star selection.

AnthonyM
01-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Well, there were a lot of threads last year when he had Vince Carter to play off of and got his Chris Gatling/Jamaal Magloire-esque All Star selection.

Right. But it's a Spurs board full of fans who love to see the Mavs fail...so threads to make the Mavs as a team or their FO look stupid/wrong are bound to pop up.

For the record, I don't disagree with you that this trade isn't as lopsided as most people thought it was when it happened.

My main problem with the trade was that Harris didn't ever seem to be the problem for Dallas, I mean they made it to the finals with that team. But I didn't like the trade because I wonder if the Mavs are considering the team post Dirk-era. Also, bringing in Kidd for Harris gave up defensive quickness on the perimeter in Harris.

That said, it's near the same as the Spurs all-in mentality this year being that the Mavs were trying to do what's best for their team now. It's not as terrible as some people thought and I don't think the Mavs front office is as incompetent as people made it seem also. However, I still don't think I would have traded Harris for Kidd, but that's just me.

Sure, Harris is doing bad now, but it's easy to bump threads now when he's been hurt all year and is putting up piss poor numbers which are killing my fantasy team.

Basketballgirl25
01-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Harris isn't making Net fans forget Kidd, people got in all wrong Brook Lopez is making Net fans forget all about Kidd. The Kidd-Harris talk has to die like now. Talk Brook Lopez. He looks good and he doesn't play with Kidd, can you picture if Kidd was on the Nets playing with Brook, of course if Kidd was still on the Nets we would have made the playoffs prob and missed out on Brook so this trade was even. Let go a good player and got another up and coming good player in Brook

John Kerry
01-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Harris isn't making Net fans forget Kidd, people got in all wrong Brook Lopez is making Net fans forget all about Kidd. The Kidd-Harris talk has to die like now. Talk Brook Lopez. He looks good and he doesn't play with Kidd, can you picture if Kidd was on the Nets playing with Brook, of course if Kidd was still on the Nets we would have made the playoffs prob and missed out on Brook so this trade was even. Let go a good player and got another up and coming good player in Brook

Stop posting.

Basketballgirl25
01-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Stop posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBKUZWg0i3M

21_Blessings
01-31-2010, 01:01 AM
Andre Miller making Dallas fans miss Devin Harris.

mavsfan1000
01-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Andre Miller making Dallas fans miss Devin Harris.
Andre Miller would probably overpower Harris as well to be honeest.

21_Blessings
01-31-2010, 01:08 AM
Andre Miller would probably overpower Harris as well to be honeest.

Never in his life would he drop 52 on Devin Harris.

That's why you don't trade a young athletic pg + 2 1st rounders for washed up, wife-beating 36 year old shooting guards.

badfish22
01-31-2010, 01:11 AM

That's why you don't trade a young athletic pg + 2 1st rounders for washed up, wife-beating 36 year old shooting guards.

You're right. If only we had a young athletic pg who had length. Than we would have won this game for sure!

mavsfan1000
01-31-2010, 01:12 AM

Hey I'm probably the most angry fan on that trade out of everyone. I think I remember a game where Miller went off on Harris as well. Of course not 52 but I believe he got like 30 something points.

Ghazi
01-31-2010, 01:12 AM

lol @ you bringing up the 1st rounders.

Oh no Ryan Anderson! :tears

mystargtr34
01-31-2010, 01:26 AM
lol @ you bringing up the 1st rounders.

Oh no Ryan Anderson! :tears

Never underestimate the value of a first round draft pick.

Courtney Lee
George Hill
Nic Batum
Serge Ibaka
CDR
Dragic

All of these guys have been better than your average late 1st round/early second round pick.

Pelicans78
01-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Miller was having a decent game against the Hornets a few nights ago until they put Collison on him. Collison's quickness, long arms, and toughness gave Miller fits in the 4th. I'm sure Harris would have done something similar. CP3 didn't start having success against Dallas until Harris was traded for Kidd.

Doesn't mean the Kidd trade was a bad one.

21_Blessings
01-31-2010, 01:51 AM

It was completely lateral at the time before you even mention the 2 first rounders. Only douche bag homers would defend giving up those picks in that trade.

badfish22
01-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Miller was having a decent game against the Hornets a few nights ago until they put Collison on him. Collison's quickness, long arms, and toughness gave Miller fits in the 4th. I'm sure Harris would have done something similar. CP3 didn't start having success against Dallas until Harris was traded for Kidd.

Damn your right. Quickness and long arms, thats what we need. Too bad no one like that exist on the Mavs

Pelicans78
01-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Damn your right. Quickness and long arms, thats what we need. Too bad no one like that exist on the Mavs

Sounds like Marion a few years ago.

Darthkiller
01-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Never underestimate the value of a first round draft pick.

Courtney Lee
George Hill
Nic Batum
Serge Ibaka
CDR
Dragic

All of these guys have been better than your average late 1st round/early second round pick.

rudy fernandez was a late first as well

mystargtr34
01-31-2010, 02:14 AM
rudy fernandez was a late first as well

Yep there's many more those guys i listed were just from the one draft in which the Mavs traded their first rounder. I think Fernandez was picked a year earlier.

mystargtr34
01-31-2010, 02:16 AM

Beabuois... although Miller could probably have taken advantage of him in the post.