PDA

View Full Version : Rumor 2/11: Blazers packaging best offer yet for Amare?

layupdrill
02-11-2009, 07:24 PM
With the trade deadline quickly approaching, many teams have expressed great interest in Phoenix Suns All-Star power-forward Amar’e Stoudemire.
The most recent trade rumor has been reported from CBS Sports (http://www.sportsline.com), involving the Portland Trail Blazers giving up power-forward LaMarcus Aldridge, rookie point-guard Jerryd Bayless, and the $12.7 million expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz.
Although the trade is highly unlikely to be processed, Amar’e would be a great addition to the young up and coming Blazers.

In other news…the New Jersey Nets have had talks with numerous teams about dealing away high-flying Vince Carter. While Carter believes that the Nets are contenders for making the playoffs, he cannot control if he gets traded or not. He does believe that it would be unfortunate to break the team apart.

http://layupdrill.com/2009/02/blazers-join-the-amare-trade-sweepstakes/

TheMACHINE
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge > Amare

jonnybravo
02-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Wow why would Portland do that?

JMarkJohns
02-11-2009, 08:14 PM
From another board, but reports from KTAR in Phoenix have Suns ups saying there's nothing to this rumor. Weird to here something like this from the Suns' side before the Blazers'. They are the one losing in the trade.

Allanon
02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
"LaMarcus Aldridge, rookie point-guard Jerryd Bayless, and the $12.7 million expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz."

Way too much for Amare.

lil_penny
02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
this is way more stupid than the darius miles emails.. this has to be some false ass shit phoenix made up to try and up the value of amare.. at least i hope so.. damn portland management to hell if they are actually considering this.

JMarkJohns
02-11-2009, 08:19 PM
this is way more stupid than the darius miles emails.. this has to be some false ass shit phoenix made up to try and up the value of amare.. at least i hope so.. damn portland management to hell if they are actually considering this.

It could be, but why then would they be the first to deny it?

lil_penny
02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
i have no clue........ im just hoping at this point lol

JMarkJohns
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm hoping to... that KTAR is a liar and this trade becomes reality after the weekend!

lil_penny
02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
both on Opposite Ends Of The Spectrum haha.. ive been hoping if they try and move lamarcus it would be for bosh somehow maybe if this happens it would be to just trade amare to toronto is some cluster fuck of a way

JMarkJohns
02-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Toronto only wants Amare if they can pair him with Bosh as the PF/C tandem. I think Toronto's main offer will center around Bargnani, some expiring contracts and it's 2009 1st rounder, if not maybe a future 1st as well.

lurker
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
That would pretty much be armed robbery for Phoenix. If it's true that the Sarver/Kerr got this offer and they don't take it, they're even bigger idiots than I thought.

pawe
02-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Send Amare to OKC or some other team in the shithole. That dude's a spoiled brat who can never get satisfied with what he gets.

lil_penny
02-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Phoenix should trade amare to the t wolves for big al and start thinking about next year.

m33p0
02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
did Amare himself proposed this deal? coz that's what it sounds like to me.

baseline bum
02-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Why in the hell would Portland move Aldridge in any deal not involving Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, or Dwight Howard? Aldridge is a hell of a player with nowhere to go but up. If I'm Phoenix, I make that trade this second.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Send Amare to OKC or some other team in the shithole. That dude's a spoiled brat who can never get satisfied with what he gets.

:tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM
did Amare himself proposed this deal? coz that's what it sounds like to me.

Yo bitches, I'm gorilla man, Portland gon trade dat THE MAN!!! wannabe Aldridge and that little bitch Bayless for yours truly, THA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!, A'm'a'r'e Tardemire. Dats how dat shit goes down and thank the good lord Tupac Shakur for giving me that prophecy.

tlongII
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
I see no way this trade happens. I wouldn't trade Aldridge for Amare straight up!

turiaf for president
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Why in the hell would Portland move Aldridge in any deal not involving Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, or Dwight Howard? Aldridge is a hell of a player with nowhere to go but up. If I'm Phoenix, I make that trade this second.

agreed aldridge is a hell of a player with upside but only those three? i think your over valuing him too much. cp3, bosh, wade?

Rogue
02-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Portland blazers are interested in rebuilding? they are likely to break into the playoffs this season, which they haven't managed to do during the past several years when they were rebuilding. amare is good individually yet harmful to his team's chemistry, and he also has got a injuried season during which he just played 3games. trading him for tmac seems more fair to suns, but I'm afraid tmac doesn't want to be traded to phoenix where the medical survice is not as good as that in houston. for sure tmac doesn't want to travel too much during pregnancy, so it's better for him to give birth to his baby in a local medical center. We all expect the birth of tmacII.

dirk4mvp
02-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Portland blazers are interested in rebuilding? they are likely to break into the playoffs this season, which they haven't managed to do during the past several years when they were rebuilding. amare is good individually yet harmful to his team's chemistry, and he also has got a injuried season during which he just played 3games. trading him for tmac seems more fair to suns, but I'm afraid tmac doesn't want to be traded to phoenix where the medical survice is not as good as that in houston. for sure tmac doesn't want to travel too much during pregnancy, so it's better for him to give birth to his baby in a local medical center. We all expect the birth of tmacII.

:lmao :rollin :lmao

Ghazi
02-12-2009, 01:14 AM
How lame would it be if Amare wound up in Cleveland. Then he'd piggyback the King to 3-4 titles, and people would start considering him one of the best PF's of all time, which is lame.

Watch it happen, people rewrite history all the time! Amare had a bad rap now, but if he wound up alongside the King that is just an unstoppable duo.

Anywho, to the person who said send him to OKC, OKC"s future is very bright. They're 10-11 in their last 21 games, Westbrook/Durant/Green is a nice core and they have 5 draft picks in the next 2 years.

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2009, 01:36 AM
that trade is daylight robbery....who needs the stimulus...fuck the suns...

remove aldridge and put in frye who has done shit all

baseline bum
02-12-2009, 03:45 AM
agreed aldridge is a hell of a player with upside but only those three? i think your over valuing him too much. cp3, bosh, wade?

Yeah, you're right about Paul and Wade. As for Bosh, he's not better than Aldridge by enough for me to trade his younger legs and potential (same thing with Amare). I'd never trade Aldridge unless I was getting superstar talent in return (ie., the trade would have to be a no-brainer, like for Kobe, LeBron, Paul, Wade, D Howard). Not when he's this good at 23.

Jeremy
02-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Am I missing something here? Aldridge for Amare a steal? Aldridge's numbers are actually down from last year, and his rebounding is worse than Amare's! In fact, all of his stats are worse than Amare's (in Amare's worst season ever).

Aldridge has already been in the league for 3 years and his numbers are down from last season. I don't see big upside.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Amare Sweepstakes: Portland fails, Heat takes lead

Talks between the Suns and Portland Trail Blazers about Amare Stoudemire have unraveled, CBSSports.com has learned. Phoenix is now focused on Eastern Conference teams -- and not just Chicago. The Bulls remain a serious contender due to Drew Gooden's expiring contract and Larry Hughes' expiring deal next season, plus the largest expiring trade exception in the league ($5.2 million). But Miami is the latest team to emerge as a serious landing spot for Stoudemire, a person with direct knowledge of the talks said Wednesday night. The deal Portland was discussing with Phoenix involved LaMarcus Aldridge, Jerryd Bayless, and Raef LaFrentz's $12.7 million expiring contract. "That deal is dead," the person familiar with the talks said. One reason could be that Portland is really looking to acquire an elite point guard, according to an NBA team executive.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba

layupdrill
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
The Blazers dont believe in Blake or Bayless can get them to the promised land. They are too scared to trade for Baron Davis, so they may have to try to get someone like Jamaal Tinsley, Raymond Felton, or if they are really desperate, Jason Kidd.

lil_penny
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
There is no fucking way in hell they are getting kidd.. if that happens I will walk in front of a tri met bus, haha

mystargtr34
02-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah, you're right about Paul and Wade. As for Bosh, he's not better than Aldridge by enough for me to trade his younger legs and potential (same thing with Amare). I'd never trade Aldridge unless I was getting superstar talent in return (ie., the trade would have to be a no-brainer, like for Kobe, LeBron, Paul, Wade, D Howard). Not when he's this good at 23.

Really? You wouldnt do Aldridge for Chris Bosh. Im not having a go at you specifically, but god damn people over rate Aldridge on this board.

1) Between Bosh and Aldridge. Bosh is only 1 year older, he seems like hes been around a lot longer. They faced each other in High School.

2) Bosh is better in literally every single aspect of the game. Hes also more athletic, has a better jump shot, has better handles and also better range. He dominates Aldridge statistically, and in terms of impact on the game.

Aldridge is a good young talent, but he isnt anywhere good enough to be a second option on a championship team. Despite trying to persuade people he isnt, he is still remarkably soft, doesnt have a post game, and doesnt rebound (6.9 boards in 37 MPG).

Im not bagging on him, just saying he isnt anywhere near the caliber of Chris Bosh.

iggypop123
02-13-2009, 12:39 AM
The Blazers dont believe in Blake or Bayless can get them to the promised land. They are too scared to trade for Baron Davis, so they may have to try to get someone like Jamaal Tinsley, Raymond Felton, or if they are really desperate, Jason Kidd.

those guys are elite?