PDA

View Full Version : Finley is a damn moron

hater
02-11-2009, 09:30 PM
why didn't he shoot it? its 6 secs left and you are in the game, shoot it :bang:bang

ECZ
02-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah...it was his shot to take

exstatic
Yeah, he didn't get a clean catch, but with that time left, you let 'er rip and crash the boards.

Spurs Brazil
Finley took more than 10000000 bad shots this season and the one he needs to shoot he chokes

SpursFan0728
Fin lovers anywhere?

xtremesteven33
02-11-2009, 09:32 PM
play was called for finley and he passed it up.......

DannyT
if you scared go to church, get a dog, or get the fuck outta the game

TheSpursFNRule
I don't know if youve noticed but Finley isn't very good anymore. He is a fossil.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Even if he didn't catch it clean, he had to get set and get that off. So damn lame.

But the Spurs should have never been that position anyway. Oh well.

slayermin
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Finley shriveled up. WTF? Shoot the fucking ball.

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Even if he didn't catch it clean, he had to get set and get that off. So damn lame.

Tha's true. The defense in the last 3 minutes was so damn lazy

manubili
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
This loss is on Parker horrid defense, not on Finley choking.
:depressed

SpursFan0728
I was bashed a couple of times for saying how crappy Fin played in the past 10 games.

Here is another example of crappy game. Dude can't shoot lately

thekingrobert
ugly game playing a team without their best 2 players....sad

loveforthegame
Finley takes it and misses and he's bashed anyhow.

It's easier to blame him for that last play than to address the real problem tonight.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2009, 09:36 PM

Ukic went off on George Hill in the first half to get going .. not Parker. Parker wasn't stellar, but GHill's defense sucked.

xtremesteven33
02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Play shouldve been called for Manu....what the hell was Pop thinking?

TheSpursFNRule
02-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Trade the fossil!

DannyT

+1

:bang

Deimosfobos
Manu was playing great, Manson had been money on last shoots... why neither got the ball???

slayermin

It's easier to blame him for that last play than to address the real problem tonight.

I could live with him missing. But not being ready for the catch and shoot is inexcusable.

exstatic
02-11-2009, 09:38 PM

Funny, I didn't see Tim go up to Parker after the game and chide him for his defense. He did go over to Finley, though.

xtremesteven33
02-11-2009, 09:38 PM
"I can accept losing but i cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Jayem2
02-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah, he didn't get a clean catch, but with that time left, you let 'er rip and crash the boards.yep, you don't pass with time running out!

way to go finley, thanks for blowing the chance to win

fucking dumbass, pop needs to sit this bum

Deimosfobos
How epic would it of been had Mason shot it and made it lol.

Or Manu, who was playing brillant... both deserved the last shoot...

exstatic

Uh, no. Passing up a shot is a Spurs no no.

timvp
02-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Play shouldve been called for Manu....what the hell was Pop thinking?
That play wasn't drawn up for Finley. His man just went for the steal on the inbounds pass.

The actual play was for Duncan to get the ball, hand off to Parker and then Parker either find a shooter or take it to the rim. Most likely, it would have ended up in RMJ's hands.

When Finley caught the ball wide open, everyone on the Spurs stopped and thought a shot was going up . . .

SpursFan0728
02-11-2009, 09:40 PM

Michael Jordan

damn I wana yell that qoute right up to Finley's face

manufor3
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
shoot the freakin ball

hater
I beleive there is another thread about Tony getting eaten alive by Rocco

this thread is about Finley. This is not the first time he has passed up a shot with less than 5 seconds in the game

Ice009
Maybe Pop will put him in the dog house now. One can only wish.

I'll take this loss if he is in the doghouse and/or traded. Maybe something good can come out of this game?

Ice009
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM

Michael Jordan

I'm not a Jordan fan, but that quote is the truth.

loveforthegame
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I didn't think that play was drawn up for Finley. When has he ever passed up a shot? Especially one that was called for him?

He looked more concerned about carrying out the play than taking the shot himself.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
That play wasn't drawn up for Finley. His man just went for the steal on the inbounds pass.

The actual play was for Duncan to get the ball, hand off to Parker and then Parker either find a shooter or take it to the rim. Most likely, it would have ended up in RMJ's hands.

When Finley caught the ball wide open, everyone on the Spurs stopped and thought a shot was going up . . .

So it's Tim's fault for giving it Finley ;)

slayermin
02-11-2009, 09:46 PM
I didn't think that play was drawn up for Finley. When has he ever passed up a shot? Especially one that was called for him?

He looked more concerned about carrying out the play than taking the shot himself.

It doesn't matter if the play was drawn up for him. He was wide open. His job was simple. Be ready and shoot it if your open. I know Bowen would have been ready.

stéphane
02-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Horrible decision, I'm not going to find him any excuse but his shooting form is not looking good atm, his back hurting maybe.

Spurs Brazil
02-11-2009, 09:47 PM
So it's Tim's fault for giving it Finley ;)

Let's trade that Duncan guy. We may get a good player for him and that Parker guy that doesn't play D

Kori Ellis
02-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Horrible decision, I'm not going to find him any excuse but his shooting form is not looking atm, his back hurting maybe.

Yes he's having back spasms. But if he's well enough to be on the court, then he has to shoot in that situation.

hater
02-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I like Finley and feel bad for calling him a damn moron. but YOU SHOOT THE FUCKING BALL!!!!

td4mvp21
02-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm pretty frustrated with Finley lately. He's been bringing NOTHING to the table (and still getting plenty of minutes...), I haven' tbeen wanting him to shoot, and then one time I want him to shoot he fucking passes it. The bitch...

alchemist
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
why didn't they give it to Mason, the guy will chuck it from anywhere :lol :wakeup.

stéphane
02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes he's having back spasms. But if he's well enough to be on the court, then he has to shoot in that situation.

I couldn't agree more but I was just pointing out the fact about his shooting form. We're all used to Mike's shooting slumps but if he's bothered by his injury why don't we sideline him for a couple games?

coyotes_geek
02-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Finley needed to shoot.

Tony needed to do something other than stand there and watch Ukic shoot a 3 in his face with a minute left.

The Spurs as a whole needed to take the game seriously instead of just going through the motions waiting for the raptors to just give up.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Finley shouldn't be starting for a team as good as ours..I've been saying this for a while..I can accept him as a bench scoring spark, but he shouldn't be starting..

Russ
02-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Good lord, Finley is the most undervalued player by Spurs fans.

weebo
02-11-2009, 10:23 PM
If you want to blame anyone, blame the entire damn suck ass defense in the fourth. Let's be honest here, if the D doesn't crank up...NO CHAMPIONSHIP.

Oh ya and Bonner sucked ass too.

loveforthegame
02-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Why blame the team? It's only Finley that sucks on this team.

I can't wait to hear Pop and other players on Finley fucking up.

tomtom
02-11-2009, 10:27 PM
hypocrites... you know you'd be pissed as shit if he took the last shot and missed

Manu-of-steel
02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
finley has been a big help for the spurs this season, although for this game, he did not make the correct decision. if his back spasm is still bothering him, why not give ime or malik some playing time to see what else they can bring to the table. but this loss to an inferior team should wake us up. hope pop rips them for this loss. then we'll bounce back stronger and hungry to get that 5th ring.

fiona_yin
02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
we just had a suck defense the last two minutes then we lose
poor finley,he should shoot

weebo
02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Why blame the team? It's only Finley that sucks on this team.

I can't wait to hear Pop and other players on Finley fucking up.

Last I checked, there is more than one player on the team. The game was lost due to a combination of fucks by different players through out the game. It is unfair to single out one guy for not taking a shot that is not very high percentage to begin with.

The Spurs lost to the Raptors who by the way were missing their two best players. We shouldn't put it on only one player for this lost. The big three for all their effort did a piss poor job of setting up the rest of the guys for good shots.

Although I'm not a big Mike Fin fan, this was a total team fuck up.

EricB
02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Good lord, Finley is the most undervalued player by Spurs fans.

Nah let em go, They act like they know what they are talking about.

loveforthegame
02-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Last I checked, there is more than one player on the team. The game was lost due to a combination of fucks by different players through out the game. It is unfair to single out one guy for not taking a shot that is not very high percentage to begin with.

The Spurs lost to the Raptors who by the way were missing their two best players. We shouldn't put it on only one player for this lost. The big three for all their effort did a piss poor job of setting up the rest of the guys for good shots.

Although I'm not a big Mike Fin fan, this was a total team fuck up.

I was being sarcastic because many feel like we only lost because of Finley not taking the shot. He wasn't in there for the last 5 minutes when the defense was horrific.

I already pointed out how pissed off they would be if he had taken it and missed. Though they try to say they'd be ok with him missing.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 10:42 PM
who cares if it was a team effort? that isn't what the thread is about..there are already threads about the team's effort..THIS thread is about Finley's stupidity, which is a different issue..

how is Finley undervalued? he's a guy that provides shooting, and that's it..what am I supposed to give him credit for? he's a guy that makes open shots, but can't shoot off the dribble..he tries on D, but he can't be successful, due to age and lack of quickness..he always has random streaks of great shooting, followed by longer streaks of mediocrity..

what am I undervaluing? Finley should be a bench player getting 15 MPG..he should be a bench scoring spark, not a starter for an elite team..

EricB
02-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I was being sarcastic because many feel like we only lost because of Finley not taking the shot. He wasn't in there for the last 5 minutes when the defense was horrific.

I already pointed out how pissed off they would be if he had taken it and missed. Though they try to say they'd be ok with him missing.

Finley could have 25 points and the people would bitch he took shots from Ginobili and didn't rebound enough.

Finley has taken over for Elson and Udrih as the whipping boys.

baseline bum
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
hypocrites... you know you'd be pissed as shit if he took the last shot and missed

I doubt it. No one's pissed at Manu for missing the shot 10 second before that. Finley was wide open and should have put that shit up just like he did in the New Jersey game.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Finley's ONLY use is shooting..he does nothing other than that..so it doesn't make sense for him to be passing up shots..simple as that, he fucked up..

EricB
02-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Finley's ONLY use is shooting..he does nothing other than that..so it doesn't make sense for him to be passing up shots..simple as that, he fucked up..

ROWR!!!

Feel better yet?

Josepatches_
02-11-2009, 11:02 PM
I beleive there is another thread about Tony getting eaten alive by Rocco

this thread is about Finley. This is not the first time he has passed up a shot with less than 5 seconds in the game

Yes.I remember the last playoffs.Down by 3 against phoenix in game1.He didn't shoot.I remember game 7 against Dallas in 2006.He didn't shoot either.

Tonight maybe he thinked Toronto could have enough seconds to win the game if he shoots early.Maybe even Pop told them that they had to shoot in the last second.

Who cares about tonight's game? We lost in Denver too.This is not the playoffs.

EricB
02-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Finley has won more games, than hes lost when the ball was in his hands with under 10 seconds to go as a Spur. Move on.

WalterBenitez
02-11-2009, 11:54 PM
old moron

TDMVPDPOY
02-12-2009, 12:07 AM
someone tell finley go hard the fuck up or get out

lefty
02-12-2009, 12:12 AM
http://www.j-archive.com/media/2006-03-23_J_26.jpg
http://991.com/newgallery/Billy-Ocean-Love-Is-Forever-322876.jpg

dastrey
02-12-2009, 01:00 AM
If Fin isnt shooting the ball , what good is he? He cant do anything else.

And he is a very streaky shooter. The Spurs really need to upgrade the starting SF position. I would take Trenton Hassel over Finley as a starter.

Blake
02-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Finley needed to shoot.

Tony needed to do something other than stand there and watch Ukic shoot a 3 in his face with a minute left.

The Spurs as a whole needed to take the game seriously instead of just going through the motions waiting for the raptors to just give up.

what's this? a CG sighting?

Brutalis
02-12-2009, 02:11 AM
B2B or not, this loss is unacceptable.

Spurs#1
02-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Fin has checked out, sit his ass on the end of the bench.

Rogue
02-12-2009, 03:32 AM
who much the sh!t did spurs pay fin in the past two seasons? how much had mavs paid him?

he played for spurs while taking millions of dollars from spurs' rival. feeding fin is not quite different from selling unclear weapons to Ts, Cuban is f***ing an idiot.

baseline bum
02-12-2009, 03:56 AM
Finley has won more games, than hes lost when the ball was in his hands with under 10 seconds to go as a Spur. Move on.

Which is why he should have put that shot up. He's almost always one of our best late-game options; he has been since he came to SA. He's got good range and he's big enough to get his shot off pretty cleanly even when defended well (kind of like what Jack gave us, since he's 6'8").

WalterBenitez
02-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Thinking about that play, why did he got the ball, I'd go with Mason, Manu or penetration by TP, even Bruce is more confident than Mike in these days.

kace
02-12-2009, 07:16 AM
i wonder if some people are reading the thread before answering.

Who said that The whole team wasn't too passive ? who said that tony couldn't have defended better on some last plays ? what's the point of saying that Manu missed some shots at the end , at least he tried.

in a game, you can miss shots, you can be beaten in defense. and even if the lazyness should be prohibited, it happens some nights.

but the point is why Finley didn't take this fuckin' shot. He HAD TO. point.

The spurs are a team where every player on the court in the last minutes aren't afraid of taking shots. it's true for tim, manu, tony. it's true for bowen, oberto and now mason. it's been true for horry or barry.

and Fin has always taken this kind of shots. Today, he refused a good look.
he simply can't do that. he has an history of taking, and often making, these shots for us so that's probably not a big deal but tonight he sucked.

m33p0
02-12-2009, 08:09 AM
i wonder if some people are reading the thread before answering.

Who said that The whole team wasn't too passive ? who said that tony couldn't have defended better on some last plays ? what's the point of saying that Manu missed some shots at the end , at least he tried.

in a game, you can miss shots, you can be beaten in defense. and even if the lazyness should be prohibited, it happens some nights.

but the point is why Finley didn't take this fuckin' shot. He HAD TO. point.

The spurs are a team where every player on the court in the last minutes aren't afraid of taking shots. it's true for tim, manu, tony. it's true for bowen, oberto and now mason. it's been true for horry or barry.

and Fin has always taken this kind of shots. Today, he refused a good look.
he simply can't do that. he has an history of taking, and often making, these shots for us so that's probably not a big deal but tonight he sucked.
from what i've read on some of the posts, fin didn't get a clean catch. it's probable that, with still a few seconds left on the clock, he thought that a better shot was available.

i'm sure, after they review the tape, he won't be hesitating next time.

stéphane
02-12-2009, 08:25 AM
i'm sure, after they review the tape, he won't be hesitating next time.

It's not like Mike is a rookie...

urunobili
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
can't help but feel frustrated about this loss... the Spurs deserved better luck but i guess that after winning so many close games you have to lose one before it happens int he playoffs... anyhow... Fin... :pctoss

tmtcsc
02-12-2009, 09:23 AM
It was pretty obvious to me that the guys were tired tonight. They just didn't have it. I think they had the All Star break fever....except Manu of course. Tonight's the 1 year anniversary of him going toe to toe with Lebron and scoring 40 something points in Cleveland.

dougp
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm still frustrated that Mike was in the game instead of Bonner - Bonner might not have had a good night, but he's still the #1 3pt shot in the game. I'd rather him take the shot than Finley right now.

stéphane
02-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm still frustrated that Mike was in the game instead of Bonner - Bonner might not have had a good night, but he's still the #1 3pt shot in the game. I'd rather him take the shot than Finley right now.

Do you think, given Matt was having a night off, he would have taken that shot?

MoSpur
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Finley might have something on Pop. There is no way Finley deserves this many minutes in all these games. Why does Pop give him so many minutes? Does he feel sorry for him? Is he a Billy Ocean fan?

EricB
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Which is why he should have put that shot up. He's almost always one of our best late-game options; he has been since he came to SA. He's got good range and he's big enough to get his shot off pretty cleanly even when defended well (kind of like what Jack gave us, since he's 6'8").

I agree 100%.

41times
02-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Finley took more than 10000000 bad shots this season and the one he needs to shoot he chokes

Which is exactly why we paid him $15 Million to get the hell out of town.

He has sucked for 4 years people.

EricB
02-12-2009, 10:50 AM
It was pretty obvious to me that the guys were tired tonight. They just didn't have it. I think they had the All Star break fever....except Manu of course. Tonight's the 1 year anniversary of him going toe to toe with Lebron and scoring 40 something points in Cleveland.

Yeah it was obvious but they still had the game won up 8 with 2 minutes to go.

The Lakers fell victim to the same thing in Utah.

Rogue
02-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Which is exactly why we paid him $15 Million to get the hell out of town.

He has sucked for 4 years people.
we kept paying him 15m PER YEAR until his sh@tty contract expired last season.

hater
02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't think the play was drawn for Fin. But still, in the chrismass game the play was not drawn for Mason and he took the shot.

he plain got scared and passed up the shot. that is a NO NO for a championship team.

superbigtime
02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
why didn't he shoot it? its 6 secs left and you are in the game, shoot it :bang:bang

He didn't catch the ball cleanly.

superbigtime
02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
who cares if it was a team effort? that isn't what the thread is about..there are already threads about the team's effort..THIS thread is about Finley's stupidity, which is a different issue..

how is Finley undervalued? he's a guy that provides shooting, and that's it..what am I supposed to give him credit for? he's a guy that makes open shots, but can't shoot off the dribble..he tries on D, but he can't be successful, due to age and lack of quickness..he always has random streaks of great shooting, followed by longer streaks of mediocrity..

what am I undervaluing? Finley should be a bench player getting 15 MPG..he should be a bench scoring spark, not a starter for an elite team..

People are railing on finley a little too much. He had a lousy game, okay. So did Bonner, Hill, Mason, you name it.

coyotes_geek
02-12-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't think the play was drawn for Fin. But still, in the chrismass game the play was not drawn for Mason and he took the shot.

he plain got scared and passed up the shot. that is a NO NO for a championship team.

Finley's taken, and made, big shots for this team before. He had a really bad brain fart at a very inopportune time, but it wasn't because he was scared.

EricB
02-12-2009, 11:50 AM

He fumbled the ball and thought someone else had a clearer shot.

Couldn't be more wrong...

sribb43
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Finley might have something on Pop. There is no way Finley deserves this many minutes in all these games. Why does Pop give him so many minutes? Does he feel sorry for him? Is he a Billy Ocean fan?

Must be the same thing that Stack had on Avery which allowed Stack to play so many minutes

Yuixafun
02-12-2009, 11:54 AM
He fumbled the ball and thought someone else had a clearer shot.

Couldn't be more wrong...

That's my take too, especially since there was still plenty of time to make another pass or 2. He's a shooter and he knows he doesnt have the ball he can't just toss it up that shot would have sailed on him. So he swung it..

When Finley fumbled the ball off a too strong pass from Duncan, ppl stopped moving.

The team as a whole broke down on that last play. PPl are supposed to cut, move around do something...

dougp
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Do you think, given Matt was having a night off, he would have taken that shot?

Probably, while Matt does hesitate, chances are he would have been planted in that situation and been able to take the shot.

Chomag
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
It's pretty simple. Finley choked, but I'm not sure whats up with that since he has a reputation of being clutch. Spurs have so many clutch players though, so I'm not realy worried. I do wish the ball went to someone else who is hot right now on those though like *cough*mason*cough*