PDA

View Full Version : Can We Stop This?

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
It's getting bad here people. Delete this thread of you want, but I've got to say this, and with a new thread, people will read it. Every time we get a win, everyone talks about how our team is perfect, and all we need is a big man. Then, one loss, like tonight's against Toronto, and everyone's talking about trading Tony, how our big win against Boston that meant everything in the world doesn't mean anything anymore, and one of our players, who has been clutch for us in the recent past (Finley), is a moron who needs to be traded. We're Spurs fans...at least some of us...we need to stand behind our team, no matter what. Finley has won a LOT of games for us this year..let's get behind him, not stand over him.

BlackSwordsMan
02-11-2009, 09:51 PM
people over react too much on here

SpursFan0728
02-11-2009, 09:52 PM
huh?
how many games did finley win for spurs this year?

loveforthegame
Is there anyone who gets dumped on more than Finley here? It's always easy to point fingers.

spurastic
Agree. +1

duncan228
It's a message board, people vent. You'll either get used to it or you'll need to stay away after losses. It happens every season with every loss. :)

MarHill
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Yep they do!!!

It's a long season and these types of games will happen. Give the Raptors credit...they made some shots down the stretch and the Spurs didn't!

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
huh?
how many games did finley win for spurs this year?

Winning a game for someone doesn't necessarily mean making the game winning shot. When Manu and Tony were out, he was huge. But if you want me to answer you in the literal sense, he's hit a couple of game winning threes on his baseline. Tonight he didn't take it, no..but maybe he didn't feel it. As a guy who played some 2 guard myself in the past (college), you have to feel it to take the shot. He gave it up because he thought someone else had a better shot of making it. That was a smart basketball move. In this game, I'd rather have Manu shooting a layup or Tony shooting a jumpshot than Fin pulling that three.

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 09:56 PM
It's a message board, people vent. You'll either get used to it or you'll need to stay away after losses. It happens every season with every loss. :)

I understand...and I know I'm new here, but as fans, we have to stand behind our guys too, don't you agree? I mean...they play for us, they say it all the time...so we should be there for them too.

mexicanjunior
02-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Finley's recent stretch of horrendous play should warrant a benching. There is no reason to keep Bowen riding the pine when Finley can't even do the only thing he was mildy decent at...shooting.

slayermin
02-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Tonight he didn't take it, no..but maybe he didn't feel it.

No excuse.

duncan228
02-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I understand...and I know I'm new here, but as fans, we have to stand behind our guys too, don't you agree? I mean...they play for us, they say it all the time...so we should be there for them too.

Most of us are there for our team, win, lose, or ugly. But people still need to vent, some losses are frustrating and ST allows the freedom of venting. It all balances out over time. The true fans stay, the bandwagoners leave. There's no site like this out there, take the bad with the good, the good outweighs the bad.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2009, 10:00 PM

People do stand behind them. But it doesn't mean that they don't criticize their play or be mad and go wild right after a game. It's just passionate reactions to a loss that shouldn't have happened.

SpursFan0728
Winning a game for someone doesn't necessarily mean making the game winning shot. When Manu and Tony were out, he was huge. But if you want me to answer you in the literal sense, he's hit a couple of game winning threes on his baseline. Tonight he didn't take it, no..but maybe he didn't feel it. As a guy who played some 2 guard myself in the past (college), you have to feel it to take the shot. He gave it up because he thought someone else had a better shot of making it. That was a smart basketball move. In this game, I'd rather have Manu shooting a layup or Tony shooting a jumpshot than Fin pulling that three.

Just look at the how Fin played in the last 10 games...

I don't recall him helping the team out at all except the one vs. hornets.

Corret me if I am wrong but if Finley doesn't "feel like shooting it", then he shouldn't even be on the court.

Mr.Bottomtooth
We can't stop it, but I'm sure the Spurs can.

Spursfan092120
Most of us are there for our team, win, lose, or ugly. But people still need to vent, some losses are frustrating and ST allows the freedom of venting. It all balances out over time. The true fans stay, the bandwagoners leave. There's no site like this out there, take the bad with the good, the good outweighs the bad.

Understandable...I gotcha. Just wanted to vent in the opposite way, ya know? I'm a lifetime fan...been through the bad and the good, and this team is good...really good. One loss doesn't change that.

Kori Ellis
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Just look at the how Fin played in the last 10 games...

I don't recall him helping the team out at all except the one vs. hornets.

Corret me if I am wrong but if Finley doesn't "feel like shooting it", then he shouldn't even be on the court.

Well he's been suffering from back spasms for the last couple weeks. So I don't know if it's all about just not feeling like shooting it. But I guess he's healthy enough to be out there. He definitely should have let it fly on the last play.

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
People do stand behind them. But it doesn't mean that they don't criticize their play or be mad and go wild right after a game. It's just passionate reactions to a loss that shouldn't have happened.

I agree with that...I really do. And I was angry as well...very angry..Ukic had a fluke night that probably will never happen again...and that's what hurt us. I mean..everyone out there is a pro...they're going to have those nights where they show why, and tonight was one of those nights.

weebo
02-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Welcome to Spurstalk.

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome to Spurstalk.

lol....thanks....I'll take the good with the bad...this is by far the best Spurs forum, or sports forum for that matter, on the net...

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
let's stop the fighting..

let's just all agree on one thing..Michael Finley sucks..

MarHill
I agree with that...I really do. And I was angry as well...very angry..Ukic had a fluke night that probably will never happen again...and that's what hurt us. I mean..everyone out there is a pro...they're going to have those nights where they show why, and tonight was one of those nights.

I'm with you Spursfan092120!

But they will vent on this forum.....especially after a loss.

Most of the times....is so unrealistic that you just read it and move on to the next thread.

However, there are some times where you have to respond to people going way overboard.

Remember that fan is short for fanatic and you will get that a lot!! :lol

tp2021
Oh Gawd a n00b

:lol

weebo
02-11-2009, 10:11 PM

I think Mike Fin only partially sucks. I mean he does have his moments every now and again.

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 10:11 PM

I'm with you Spursfan092120!

But they will vent on this forum.....especially after a loss.

Most of the times....is so unrealistic that you just read it and move on to the next thread.

However, there are some times where you have to respond to people going way overboard.

Remember that fan is short for fanatic and you will get that a lot!! :lol

Oh Gawd a n00b

:lol

lol...I can't agree that Finley sucks..he's been a good Spur...maybe he shouldn't start, but I don't think he sucks.

True about the fanatic...I guess I must have forgotten that..lol...Truth of the matter is, we wouldn't have as good of a record without him.

And yes..lol..I'm a noob..lol...but I've been around the Spurs for a LOOONG time...so I know my team.

:hat

Capt Bringdown
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
No, you can't stop people from having opinions that differ from yours.

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 10:16 PM
No, you can't stop people from having opinions that differ from yours.

agreed..not trying to change people's opinion..just tryin to help them see that this team is a great team...and we have a good chance of ring number 5 this year..and one loss against Toronto isn't going to change that.

Whisky Dog
02-11-2009, 10:19 PM
I dvr'd the game but looked on here just to check if anything horrendous happened and... We lost to the fucking Raptors??? Glad I saw it now and didn't waste 1 to 2 hours watching it.

NRHector
02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Jesus people, they'll bounce back is not like they lost 10 games in a row, so if some needs to vent go ahead vent people vent if it makes you feel better
:flag:

jaffies
02-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Can we stop this?

What the hell for?

What would be the purpose of this forum?

It's a message board. The place where fans can give their opinion, rant, pat themselves on the back, whatever.

If those opinions are not the same as yours, or wrong, or right, overreacting, or just plain stupid, it is your RESPONSIBILITY to create this thread.

Just like it is our right to complain that we've seen this thread at least once a week, and we don't need to read the same complaining about complaining thread again.

Just like it is your right to say I'm an idiot.

Welcome to the internets.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-11-2009, 10:26 PM

I agree to some extent, but to my reckoning it has been a lot worse this year than previous years.

Unfortunately, lately it seems that ST has been completley flooded by a new species: noobus overreactus, an annoyingly precocious bugger in that it both over-reacts to the slightest downturn in the team's fortunes, and also seems to know very little about the Spurs or the NBA in general.

Accompanying overreactus is its brother noobus fantasygmus, another bothersome species who seems to think that the Spurs are their fantasy team and loves flooding the forum with ridiculous trading scenario threads.

Such is the life of a message board, I guess. :lol

Kori Ellis
02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I agree to some extent, but to my reckoning it has been a lot worse this year than previous years.

Unfortunately, lately it seems that ST has been completley flooded by a new species: noobus overreactus, an annoyingly precocious bugger in that it both over-reacts to the slightest downturn in the team's fortunes, and also seems to know very little about the Spurs or the NBA in general.

Accompanying overreactus is its brother noobus fantasygmus, another bothersome species who seems to think that the Spurs are their fantasy team and loves flood the forum with ridiculous trading scenario threads.

Such is the life of a message board, I guess. :lol

It's definitely not worse than in years past. In 2005 and 2007, I remember there were more people overreacting than I've ever seen. We all know how those seasons ended. :lobt2: In 2007 after a regular season loss, I would sometimes have to merge 30-40 threads with people jumping off the wagon.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
It's definitely not worse than in years past. In 2005 and 2007, I remember there were more people overreacting than I've ever seen. We all know how those seasons ended. :lobt2: In 2007 after a regular season loss, I would sometimes have to merge 30-40 threads with people jumping off the wagon.

Yeah, I guess you are right. There were mass exoduses... :lol

The funniest thing about all the negativity so far this year is that we've gone 20-25 since losing 2 in a row in mid-December, and STILL people are constantly bitching. People really need to get some perspective.

timvp
02-11-2009, 10:38 PM
The trade deadline will solve a lot.

HarlemHeat37
02-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I actually find it funny that people complain so much..their logic is entertaining, and their arguments are horrible, which makes it worth reading..everybody becomes Dr.House after losses..

weebo
02-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I guess you are right. There were mass exoduses... :lol

The funniest thing about all the negativity so far this year is that we've gone 20-25 since losing 2 in a row in mid-December, and STILL people are constantly bitching. People really need to get some perspective.

Maybe you're right, but its much more fun to bitch.:downspin:

EricB
02-11-2009, 10:40 PM
The trade deadline will solve a lot.

If they don't make a trade then everyone will freak out even more.

I can see it coming....

RuffnReadyOzStyle
02-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm disappointed that no-one laughed at my David Attenborough impesonation... :( :spin

Shastafarian
02-11-2009, 11:11 PM
If they don't make a trade then everyone will freak out even more.

I can see it coming....

Kurt Thomas and Matt Bonner are trying their best to make it seem the Spurs don't need another big man. Thomas's rebounding just keeps getting better.

Yorae
02-11-2009, 11:23 PM
I think findog should go or sit come crunch time....I think his hesistation to shoot will kill us in the playoffs....

Spursfan092120
02-11-2009, 11:32 PM

Yeah..I know how you feel..I've seen forums before online, and in years past, especially years that ended with :lobt2:, people would freak out over one small loss. Hey..maybe that's a sign that we'll get another one this year.

slayermin
02-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah..I know how you feel..I've seen forums before online, and in years past, especially years that ended with :lobt2:, people would freak out over one small loss. Hey..maybe that's a sign that we'll get another one this year.

Utah 113 Lakers 109

It wasn't just one small loss.

WalterBenitez
02-11-2009, 11:51 PM
:wakeup sucks mode again?

We should probably trade TP, Manu ... Tim is Old and Mike sucks (this last is really true :D)

We should also fire that ogre from our bench.

Spursfan092120
02-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Utah 113 Lakers 109

It wasn't just one small loss.

Tell me what makes that a big loss? The Lakers are still on top in their conference, still on top in their division, and lost by 4 points. They will bounce back in the next game, and be fine. Same thing with the Spurs. Still 4 games up in their division, still in the top 3 in their conference, still playing good ball. It would be a bigger deal if it was in the playoffs, but it's not. You can't win 82 games in a year.

Spursfan092120
02-12-2009, 12:17 AM
:wakeup sucks mode again?

We should probably trade TP, Manu ... Tim is Old and Mike sucks (this last is really true :D)

We should also fire that ogre from our bench.

lol..yeah..kind of trying to settle it down in here. Trying to make it chill. I understand though that they have the right to rant, and I guess we just need to accept it and be chill about it...so I'm gonna be :hat

Laker Lanny
02-12-2009, 01:01 AM

No wonder Mouse and RevHill left this forum.

slayermin
02-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Tell me what makes that a big loss? The Lakers are still on top in their conference, still on top in their division, and lost by 4 points. They will bounce back in the next game, and be fine. Same thing with the Spurs. Still 4 games up in their division, still in the top 3 in their conference, still playing good ball. It would be a bigger deal if it was in the playoffs, but it's not. You can't win 82 games in a year.

6.5 games behind LA is a significant deficit to make up. The Lakers aren't the Mavericks or the Suns. It will be very difficult to make up those games by the end of the season, imo.

I'm upset because despite the lack of defense on a back to back game, the Spurs had a chance to win. A wide open three by a good three point shooter is a coin flip in my book. But Finley fumbled it away. I think he deserves the criticism he received tonight from some Spurs fans.

Finley missed that little jumper against Portland earlier this season which cost us a game. I wasn't pissed at him for missing that shot. But I am pissed at his lack of focus on the final play tonight. If he takes the shot and misses, I can live with that. But not being ready to catch and shoot just kills me.

I'm not gonna lie. I think we are going to need homecourt against the Lakers to beat them. And that is why I took the loss tonight pretty hard. I hope I am overreacting and everything does workout for us in the end. I guess we will see if that odd year mojo is real or just fake Spurs dogma.

wisnub
02-12-2009, 01:31 AM

:toast

Capt Bringdown
02-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm not gonna lie. I think we are going to need homecourt against the Lakers to beat them.

We'll need every advantage we can scrap for - oh wait, I forgot the Spurs are too complacent to care about such things. I mean, it's not like we have anything to prove right?