PDA

View Full Version : Joauin Phoenix

chode_regulator
02-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Whats up wiht that dude? I just watched Letterman and holy shit he looked and sounded like he was strung out. I mean it's one thing to grow out a beard and shit, but he looked like he hadn't showered in days.

I guess Ive never really seen an interview with him , but his odd behavior and obvious tension with Dave don't seem like they would be his ordinary self. I'd seen pix of him all shagged out recently but didn't realize he acted all goofy too.

Reck
02-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I heard that he wants to be a rockstar or rapper or some shit.

Maybe he's starting to think like a rockstar and not shower for days.

chode_regulator
02-12-2009, 01:01 AM
yeah he said he is starting a hip hop career. when letterman kinda ribbed on him about it, he looked seriously offended and kinda mad. i was just waiting for another christian bale moment

EricB
02-12-2009, 01:02 AM
I think his buddy dying really screwed him up honestly....

Cant_Be_Faded
02-12-2009, 01:19 AM
ROFL
I was just youtubing this. Shit like this makes me want to start watching Letterman again. Classic. Some people say he is doing an Andy Kauffman-esque bit for this documentary about his life that is supposedly going on.

Funny how Letterman says "My apologies to Farrah Fawcett" at the end. Classic.

Someone embed the video here.

chode_regulator
02-12-2009, 01:22 AM
yeah honestly it did kinda seem like he was trying to act taht way a bit. like how it seemed he refused to let himself smile/laugh, even though you could see it creeping in at times. letterman made it hilarious, and damn he did a good job practically just talking to himself. now i see why they added so much of that guy in the audience, it was too get less of joaquin on air. they should have just cut him out after the first commercial and brought bar out early.

BlackSwordsMan
02-12-2009, 01:29 AM
that dude is fucked

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2009, 01:43 AM
damn he does look like shit, i can't imagine having that hair and beard i'd feel like a dirty fuckhead the whole time.

Reck
02-12-2009, 01:58 AM
For some reason embeded vids are not working for me but I'll embed it and see if it works for you guys..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpYk7WGN5Y

PuttPutt
02-12-2009, 02:02 AM
According to those around him, he is done with acting. He says it is not a hoax & he is going to be a rapper or hip hop artist. I just got done watching his last movie, Two Lovers. Interesting flick. A little slow but an emotional movie. It'll be in theaters on Fri.

Slydragon
02-12-2009, 03:13 AM
lG-M1CWskeQ

Reck
02-12-2009, 03:15 AM
lG-M1CWskeQ

There we go, thank you.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Wow, what a trainwreck. He's always been a bit of a weirdo in other interviews, but he's obviously super strung out now. The funniest part was the gum. :lmao

I'm surprised he's so drugged out, considering how River Phoenix died. The guy should get some help.

florige
02-12-2009, 08:48 AM
On a unrelated talk show, the night before it looked like Craig Ferguson and that asshole P Diddy had some pretty tense moments as well. I wish Ferguson would had slapped the taste out of that no talent jerkoff.

JudynTX
02-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow, what a trainwreck. He's always been a bit of a weirdo in other interviews, but he's obviously super strung out now. The funniest part was the gum. :lmao

I'm surprised he's so drugged out, considering how River Phoenix died. The guy should get some help.

I hope he doesn't end up like his brother. He looks washed up or like Jesus.:lol (I'll probably piss off somebody by my comment)

florige
02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
I was expecting him to walk off the stage at any second, especially when Letterman ragged on him about his Hip-Hop career.

mrsmaalox
02-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Bizarre. I think he's such a good actor, one of my favorites, and now he's flipping out! :(

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was all some kind of act/hoax, being as Casey Affleck is chronicling on film, Phoenix's transition into hip-hop for a "documentary".

SpursStalker
02-12-2009, 11:00 AM
What a waste, he was so good looking.

:depressed

FreeMason
02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
That's too bad. He was a pretty unique actor.

Oh well, money and fame will do that to you.

FreeMason
02-12-2009, 11:11 AM
damn he does look like shit, i can't imagine having that hair and beard i'd feel like a dirty fuckhead the whole time.

Probably because you haven't gotten over the feeling of having to fit into a false image of society. :bking

EricB
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Shame. Hes such a talented actor. Hope he doesn't go the way of his brother and Heath Ledger.

Weren't him and Heath Ledger really close friends and it was reported that he took his death, VERY VERY hard?

I haven't been much a fan of David Letterman lately, but that was hilarious.

ALVAREZ6
02-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Probably because you haven't gotten over the feeling of having to fit into a false image of society. :bking
haha completely false...I just think it would be uncomfortable as hell

EricB
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM

False image of society?

Or just a regular sense of not being a freaking slobby looking bum?

Bartleby
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Bizarre. I think he's such a good actor, one of my favorites, and now he's flipping out! :(

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was all some kind of act/hoax, being as Casey Affleck is chronicling on film, Phoenix's transition into hip-hop for a "documentary".

Yeah, with some actors it's hard to know where the boundaries are between the real world and the stage. I imagine they're totally blurred for Phoenix at this point.

PeterBurns
02-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Brilliant.
His PR people are amazing.

What a great way to promote the movie, and promote anything else he does.
He's learning from T.O.

balli
02-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I think he's being a pussy. If this is all some charade- fuck him.

If it's real and he's dropping out in a Tim Leary sense, it seems pretty emo to me to grow a beard, put on shades and go on TV to tell everyone about it. You wanna quit? Then fucking do it, shut up and make your damn album. This whole thing smacks of a 13 year old girl threatening to commit suicide; a desperate grab for attention he supposedly doesn't want.

chode_regulator
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Yeah the gum was pretty funny. Also gross when Bar reached under their to check if it was still there after he left. Hopefully his family keeps an eye on him if he is on drugs, cause he looks bad.

I was expecting him to walk off the stage at any second, especially when Letterman ragged on him about his Hip-Hop career.
Yeah that was pretty funny bc he looked like he actually got hurt by it. I swear i was expecting some kind of flipout/walkout.

it looked ot me at times that he was really struggling to keep it "together" and not to laugh. I thought Dave did excellent with what he had

btw I just started watching Dave a couple weeks ago and have been impressed so far. Except he hardly ever does top 10 lists anymore.

Spurminator
02-12-2009, 01:45 PM
There is no way in hell this is real.

He's "Punking" the entertainment/gossip media.

Whisky Dog
02-12-2009, 02:19 PM
That was great, I'm going to go to a job interview like that.

Dr. Gonzo
02-12-2009, 04:07 PM
It is entertaining but I think it's a publicity stunt.

Creepn
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Dave did a pretty damn good job keeping this limited conversation entertaining.

Man I dont know if it's a hoax or not because it seems like Joaquin was trying to keep from breaking character but at the same time, celebrities do tend to go crazy sometimes.

Reminds me of that Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel hoax. I totally fell for that prank. I thought he was actually mad.

chode_regulator
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
That was great, I'm going to go to a job interview like that.

that would be awesome! hair all matted and beard going everywhich way.

pretty funny when dave asked "what can you tell us about the unabomber'

Spurminator
02-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Joaquin Phoenix is a bigger star today than he has ever been. Despite having a very good resume in his acting career, he did not become a household name until he turned into a trainwreck that we could all point our fingers and laugh at. I think that's part of the point he's making.

And I think Letterman is in on the gag.

CuckingFunt
02-12-2009, 07:00 PM

Would make sense if he's going for a Kaufman thing.

Kori Ellis
02-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I think he's being a pussy. If this is all some charade- fuck him.

If it's real and he's dropping out in a Tim Leary sense, it seems pretty emo to me to grow a beard, put on shades and go on TV to tell everyone about it. You wanna quit? Then fucking do it, shut up and make your damn album. This whole thing smacks of a 13 year old girl threatening to commit suicide; a desperate grab for attention he supposedly doesn't want.

It's been reported since October that he quit acting and was just going to concentrate on his music. It's not like he went on Letterman to announce it.

I certainly hope that it's a publicity stunt (the high act) but if you have seen him in past interviews, he's always been a weird interview. This time it was just like weird+really high.

Reck
02-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah I doubt it was a stunt. He's really screwed up.

7F_Ikksg40U

Spurminator
02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah I doubt it was a stunt. He's really screwed up.

7F_Ikksg40U

Part of the act. This is a months long project.

Bartleby
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
he's always been a weird interview.

I think this one tops Phoenix's when in comes to weird Letterman interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALapHYNSmoA

tlongII
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
He's a drug-addled wacko. I hope he gets his act together.

balli
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM

I'm not even going to open the link, because I already know it's Crispin Glover's LSD freakout. Epic.

florige
02-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Part of the act. This is a months long project.

Yeah I heard that too. Word is only him and a few people were in on it. Supposedly him and Casey Affleck are doing something where he is playing a guy who quits acting and becomes a hip-hop artist. I know Letterman was pissed.

chode_regulator
02-13-2009, 01:15 AM

i dont know. maybe. but lettermna seemed to get kinda agitated a couple times.

Reck
02-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Even if this is some kind of joke that would still make him a wierdo for it.

He's not entirely there regardless.

Mr. Peabody
02-13-2009, 08:07 AM
I think he has a film crew following him around capturing his "hip hop" career. That would indicate that this is probably an act.

RandomGuy
02-13-2009, 11:45 AM

I dunno.

act or reality? Welcome to modern entertainment. :lol

I would love to show the Blair Witch Project to someone who didn't know it was faked...

Pick some random (HA!) person from the developing world where they still beleive in penis-stealing witch-doctors, and make them watch the movie.

Blake
02-13-2009, 11:47 AM
there is no gag here. This guys is seriously mental.

I can't youtube here at work, but there's another interview a while where he is mumbling a bunch of incoherent babble.

What will crack me up will be when he realizes that he sucks as a musician, runs out of money for his drugs and goes back to acting.

What a d-bag.

CosmicCowboy
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
I loved it when Letterman said "sorry you couldn't make it tonight..."

balli
02-13-2009, 12:50 PM
The thing is, Joaquin Phoenix is a pretty good actor. I mean, he does/did it for a living and did it well. I'm not convinced just because it seems real, that it's not a gag. It's not like he doesn't have the acting chops to pull it off.

monosylab1k
02-13-2009, 01:08 PM

That was already confirmed as a bit. Glover was appearing in character to promote a movie, but he didn't bother telling Dave :lol

Blake
02-13-2009, 01:10 PM
The thing is, Joaquin Phoenix is a pretty good actor. I mean, he does/did it for a living and did it well. I'm not convinced just because it seems real, that it's not a gag. It's not like he doesn't have the acting chops to pull it off.

if he did it as a gag or a joke, then he failed

EricB
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM

Uh, hes pulling it off quite damn well.

Spurminator
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM

The fact that we're talking about it means it has succeeded so far.

blizz
02-14-2009, 12:43 AM
He and Casey Affleck are filming a Mockumentary....trying to see how the media will buy his quitting acting and starting a hip hop career. So far, they're pulling it off.

Reck
02-14-2009, 01:16 AM
He and Casey Affleck are filming a Mockumentary....trying to see how the media will buy his quitting acting and starting a hip hop career. So far, they're pulling it off.

He might have to retire for real when that little project is done and movie directors stop giving him work.

What he's doing is retarded. And you cant expect much from someone that's named Afleck anyways. He might just kill Joaquin's career by doing this crap.

Chief
02-14-2009, 02:40 AM
i wonder if the roles he's done in movies fucked him up a bit

in gladiator he's some emperor who lusts after his sister
in Johny Cash well enough said there, impersonating a rocky life

dunno it can happen, i think he's taken his character too seriously

balli
02-15-2009, 03:06 PM
What he's doing is retarded. And you cant expect much from someone that's named Afleck anyways.
Not to defend the Affleck family name or anything, but for the record, Casey Affleck was fucking awesome in the two movies I've seen him in. An infinitely better actor than his brother.

CuckingFunt
02-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Not to defend the Affleck family name or anything, but for the record, Casey Affleck was fucking awesome in the two movies I've seen him in. An infinitely better actor than his brother.

The same brother who directed one of the films in which Casey Affleck was so awesome.

Anyone who dates J-Lo deserves to be made fun of for the rest of time, but I've always thought Ben Affleck gets a bit more grief than is deserved. He's had some legitimately good moments.

balli
02-15-2009, 07:06 PM
The same brother who directed one of the films in which Casey Affleck was so awesome.

Yeah, if I was impressed by Casey for his acting in Gone Baby Gone, I was at least equally impressed by Ben's directing. I think he wrote the screenplay too, no?

CuckingFunt
02-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Yeah, if I was impressed by Casey for his acting in Gone Baby Gone, I was at least equally impressed by Ben's directing. I think he wrote the screenplay too, no?

Yeah. It was an adaptation, but he's listed as a co-writer.

blizz
02-16-2009, 03:38 AM
He might have to retire for real when that little project is done and movie directors stop giving him work.

What he's doing is retarded. And you cant expect much from someone that's named Afleck anyways. He might just kill Joaquin's career by doing this crap.
WHO is that in your sig?