PDA

View Full Version : SPAM is good

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-05-2005, 04:18 PM
SPAM is good for everyone. . .

No longer just a succulent, delicious luncheon “meat” or an annoying electronic message, the REAL SPAM – Spurs Peak After March - is embarking on another year. The SPAM, however, has been with us throughout time, transcending all boundaries of human existence. Its power goes beyond our meager human understanding of the universe. All you ever need to know can be found in the SPAM.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the history of the mighty SPAM, let me give you a brief history lesson. . .

A few years ago the Spurs were mired in a midseason slump, and this slump was causing chaos in the world of Spurs internet message board posting. A faction of rebels known as “BAMA” had taken over the board and their self-elected dictator, a dark and mysterious creature known by the name of “Ghostwriter” had taken control of the Spurs corner of the internet.

The BAMA faction ruled the board with an iron fist. All posters who disagreed with their opinions were labeled “homers” by the Ghostwriter. Homers were HOYAs and HOYAs were homers, but all of these individuals were outcasts because of their opinions that the Spurs were going to be fine as they were. The Ghost believed in trading the entire Spurs roster for anyone who wore a headband or ever played college basketball for Jerry Tarkanian or St. John’s University.

As the losses mounted during the weeks of February, grief and despair gripped the Forum. The Ghost became a posting zealot as his power grew, creating hundreds of daily ramblings that surprisingly created more and more believers that the Spurs were done unless ballas could be obtained. “David Robinson has nothing left to give.” “How do we get Spree?” “We’re doomed” rang from the rooftops. Many came to believe in the Ghost. In fact, it is believed that a golden Ghost was created from the Spurs ’99 championship trophy, and although people were living in despair, people worshipped the golden Ghost by burning sacrificial Latrell Spreewell bobble-head dolls at its feet.

It was at the peak of this turmoil that I was meandering aimlessly down the aisles of the local Piggly Wiggly. Suddenly I heard a voice from the potted meat aisle. It started as a whisper, but the voice grew louder and louder as I approached the rectangular blue cans of SPAM. I leaned in and listened: “Spurs Peak After March” was echoing over and over from one of the little blue cans.

As you can guess, I scooped up the magical can as fast as I could and took it home. I built a small temple to the SPAM and placed this can on a small alter fashioned from 6 empty beer bottles and the sticks of twelve Hagan Daz ice cream bars I’d consumed the night before.

When I placed the can on the alter it spoke to me again: “Go, tell all men and women that the SPURS PEAK AFTER MARCH. It will bring peace to the hearts of Spurs fans everywhere.”

Well, I did what the SPAM asked, and its words held true. The Spurs went on a late season tear and finished the season strong. As the Spurs wins mounted, their fans on the internet looked around and wondered why they had been so negative about their team to begin with. Peace filled the forum. The golden Ghost was melted down and forgotten. Every Spurs fan slept easy at night knowing they all were filled with SPAM.

When I had completed this task, the SPAM looked down on the Forum and said “It is good”.

Today there is no more HOYA or BAMA. The division is gone. All are free to be fans and have a voice. The SPAM sent the Ghost to PW heaven, and peace once again fills the land.

The SPAM has told me of many things including the 2003 championship, the fact that Kori and LJ would be the chosen gatekeepers for Spurs internet fans by starting their own website, and that it would be a good idea to buy XM Satellite stock after it fell to $1.83 per share in 2002.

This year the SPAM has said that the Spurs road will not be as easy as some people think. March will be a tougher month than in the past, but the Spurs will regroup and be healthy and will go deep into the playoffs. The SPAM mentioned something about a river parade this summer too although I’m not sure what that has to do with the Spurs. :)

Every one of you Spurs fans has the SPAM inside of you. Know this and let it guide you to the truth.

Peace my brothers.

exstatic
03-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Tony Parker knows about SPAM? :lol

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ddgarcia/gifs/spamcar96.jpg

Dex
03-05-2005, 04:35 PM
That's Spamtastic.

thispego
03-05-2005, 04:40 PM
HAHAHAAHAHA... hilarious

Experiment2100
03-05-2005, 04:41 PM
What did the MILK say? It's always good to get a second opinion.

timvp
03-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Very classic EHJ.

:rollin

Shelly
03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
:wtf I don't understand posts that have correct grammar and spelling. Someone care to translate????

Experiment2100
03-05-2005, 06:25 PM
SPAM good EHJ here from SPam god. Spurs win.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-05-2005, 08:01 PM
"May the SPAM be with you"

Solid D
03-05-2005, 08:06 PM
:lol Excellent re-visit to the world of SPAM, Chopperman...not to be confused with your own Chopperboy.

In the Forum, we are all multi-lingual. Me? Oh, I speak English and SPAMish.

Das Texan
03-05-2005, 08:28 PM
mmm memory lane days.

damn i should of bought some fucking XM stock back in the day.

circles_eternal
03-05-2005, 08:44 PM
The SPAM mentioned something about a river parade this summer too although I’m not sure what that has to do with the Spurs.

:spin i prostrate myself in homage before the altar of the SPAM.

duncan2k5
03-06-2005, 04:00 AM
CLassic thread. lets Sacrifice Lakergod to SPAM.

xcoriate
03-06-2005, 06:40 AM
:lmao That was tasty

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-07-2005, 11:51 AM
mmm memory lane days.

damn i should of bought some fucking XM stock back in the day.

I know.

I have this acquaintance who moved most of his retirement plan and 2nd mortgaged his house and bought 50,000 shares at $1.90 because he believed in the XM concept so much. It's now trading at around $40 per share I think and he's been unloading quite a bit of it now. You can do the math on that one.

I on the other hand, not totally submissive to the SPAM when it came to my wallet, bought 50 shares at $2 and sold them at $10. Yippee. Quite the windfall.

Moral. . .never, ever doubt the SPAM.

Slomo
03-14-2005, 01:38 PM
LJ has repeatedly asked me how come a small country like ours can produce so many NBA players. If you look at NBA players coming from ex-YU countries the number is even more imposing.

I think I figured it out!

They all grew up on a steady diet of this:

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/album04/YUSpam_03.jpg

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/album04/YUSpam_01.jpg

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/album04/YUSpam_02.jpg

And Yes, if you are wondering: it's SPAM :lol

TwoHandJam
03-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Nice synopsis EHJ, except you probably should have mentioned what BAMA and HOYA stand for to help out the newer crowd.

BAMA = Bitch And Moan Association (like to bitch)
HOYA = Hand On Your Ass (like the status quo)

Anyone remember the BAMA/HOYA multiple choice test that determined whether you belonged to the BAMA or HOYA crowd? IIRC, I was just over the fence on the BAMA side by a hair.

We should devise another updated test to see where the newer posters lie on the BAMA/HOYA spectrum.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2005, 02:28 PM
timvp should be able to make up another test. He's the one who created the BAMA/HOYA acronyms/factions.

Summers
03-14-2005, 02:46 PM
:lol Awesome! Thank you for the history lesson on behalf of all newbies!

Tell me, is it required to actually consume SPAM, or is it sufficient to bow down before it whenever one passes through the canned goods aisle?

Kori Ellis
03-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Tell me, is it required to actually consume SPAM, or is it sufficient to bow down before it whenever one passes through the canned goods aisle?

I think as long as you touch the can, you should be alright. :lol

Summers
03-14-2005, 02:49 PM
:lol Perfect! I can handle that!

timvp
03-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I'll come up with another test soon.

:smokin

Slo spurs fan
03-14-2005, 03:37 PM
:lmao @ Spamo Gavrilovic

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2005, 12:24 AM
http://www.spam.com/sp/SPAMALOT.gif

Are you all starting to feel the SPAM churn inside of you!

I am!!!

howbouthemspurs
04-12-2005, 12:49 AM
I dont like spam. it makes me sick. but that was great.

Solid D
04-12-2005, 07:54 AM
SPAM doesn't dissolve....it's all about resolve.

Useruser666
04-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Funny, I just saw the weiner mobile yesterday on Broadway.

SpursWoman
04-12-2005, 08:23 AM
:lmao :makeout @ EHJ!

http://www.posterservice.com/bigpics/3569.jpg

MMmmmmmm.......SPAAAAAAMMMMMMM!

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-02-2005, 04:18 PM
This year the SPAM has said that the Spurs road will not be as easy as some people think. March will be a tougher month than in the past, but the Spurs will regroup and be healthy and will go deep into the playoffs. The SPAM mentioned something about a river parade this summer too although I’m not sure what that has to do with the Spurs. :)

Every one of you Spurs fans has the SPAM inside of you. Know this and let it guide you to the truth.

Peace my brothers.

The SPAM does not lie.

blaze89
06-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I feel like I just read the opening credits to a Star Wars flick....

I remember those days, well. Ghost was the ruler of those boards and very outspoken. Spurs need some "ballas", the offer to trade Steve Smith for Ron Artest, he always has some sort of trade going down or something. Everyone needed to be traded.

Sense
06-02-2005, 05:45 PM
http://www.bearkey.com/photos/1093973822-spam.gif

whottt
01-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Bump!

1Parker1
01-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Too Early, Whott:

Doesn't SPAM stand for Spurs Peak After March??? Still a month to go before we can judge...:angel

beirmeistr
01-27-2007, 03:05 PM

No longer just a succulent, delicious luncheon “meat” or an annoying electronic message, the REAL SPAM – Spurs Peak After March - is embarking on another year. The SPAM, however, has been with us throughout time, transcending all boundaries of human existence. Its power goes beyond our meager human understanding of the universe. All you ever need to know can be found in the SPAM.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the history of the mighty SPAM, let me give you a brief history lesson. . .

A few years ago the Spurs were mired in a midseason slump, and this slump was causing chaos in the world of Spurs internet message board posting. A faction of rebels known as “BAMA” had taken over the board and their self-elected dictator, a dark and mysterious creature known by the name of “Ghostwriter” had taken control of the Spurs corner of the internet.

The BAMA faction ruled the board with an iron fist. All posters who disagreed with their opinions were labeled “homers” by the Ghostwriter. Homers were HOYAs and HOYAs were homers, but all of these individuals were outcasts because of their opinions that the Spurs were going to be fine as they were. The Ghost believed in trading the entire Spurs roster for anyone who wore a headband or ever played college basketball for Jerry Tarkanian or St. John’s University.

As the losses mounted during the weeks of February, grief and despair gripped the Forum. The Ghost became a posting zealot as his power grew, creating hundreds of daily ramblings that surprisingly created more and more believers that the Spurs were done unless ballas could be obtained. “David Robinson has nothing left to give.” “How do we get Spree?” “We’re doomed” rang from the rooftops. Many came to believe in the Ghost. In fact, it is believed that a golden Ghost was created from the Spurs ’99 championship trophy, and although people were living in despair, people worshipped the golden Ghost by burning sacrificial Latrell Spreewell bobble-head dolls at its feet.

It was at the peak of this turmoil that I was meandering aimlessly down the aisles of the local Piggly Wiggly. Suddenly I heard a voice from the potted meat aisle. It started as a whisper, but the voice grew louder and louder as I approached the rectangular blue cans of SPAM. I leaned in and listened: “Spurs Peak After March” was echoing over and over from one of the little blue cans.

As you can guess, I scooped up the magical can as fast as I could and took it home. I built a small temple to the SPAM and placed this can on a small alter fashioned from 6 empty beer bottles and the sticks of twelve Hagan Daz ice cream bars I’d consumed the night before.

When I placed the can on the alter it spoke to me again: “Go, tell all men and women that the SPURS PEAK AFTER MARCH. It will bring peace to the hearts of Spurs fans everywhere.”

Well, I did what the SPAM asked, and its words held true. The Spurs went on a late season tear and finished the season strong. As the Spurs wins mounted, their fans on the internet looked around and wondered why they had been so negative about their team to begin with. Peace filled the forum. The golden Ghost was melted down and forgotten. Every Spurs fan slept easy at night knowing they all were filled with SPAM.

When I had completed this task, the SPAM looked down on the Forum and said “It is good”.

Today there is no more HOYA or BAMA. The division is gone. All are free to be fans and have a voice. The SPAM sent the Ghost to PW heaven, and peace once again fills the land.

The SPAM has told me of many things including the 2003 championship, the fact that Kori and LJ would be the chosen gatekeepers for Spurs internet fans by starting their own website, and that it would be a good idea to buy XM Satellite stock after it fell to $1.83 per share in 2002.

Peace my brothers.
An excellent read. I hope that your excellent post does not create traffic jams in the Spam section at the HEBs.

smeagol
01-27-2007, 04:18 PM
whottt is anxious.

Maybe this year it will be SPAJ or SPAF.

Don Quixote
01-27-2007, 08:28 PM

Best post of the season.

Your post does raise some interesting parallels to John 1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing that was made. In Him was life and the life of men.

The Word is, more than merely a message that Christians proclaim or something they read, is understood as the very substance that holds the universe together.

It is funny that, in John, that substance is the God of the universe, and in your post, it is a can of SPAM. Where can I meet this can?

St. Don Quixote

exstatic
01-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Too Early, Whott:

Doesn't SPAM stand for Spurs Peak After March??? Still a month to go before we can judge...:angel
Hmmm. End of January. That would make it two months early to evaluate "after March" wouldn't it?