PDA

View Full Version : Losing your Ipod

MannyIsGod
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Has anyone here lost their Ipod? I lost mine in Michigan and I had to go without one for a week before I got a replacement and it fucking sucked ass! I didn't realize how attached I was until I didn't have it.

ATRAIN
02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Mine broke for a few days but I have 2 of them so it wasnt that bad.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
WTF do you need 2 of them for?

MannyIsGod
02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Mine broke for a few days but I have 2 of them so it wasnt that bad.

Richer

JudynTX
02-12-2009, 12:13 PM
No, not yet. But I would be devasted if I did, I have over 4,000 songs on that thing!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2009, 12:15 PM
I liken it to the morning my cell phone charger died and I had to go a few hours without power. Usually, I'm checking news or reading e-mails or such all the time, and going a few hours was really weird, especially when I was waiting in line.

ATRAIN
02-12-2009, 12:18 PM
WTF do you need 2 of them for?

Richer

LOL I was waiting for that comment. I have a 80 gig ipod classic that I use for everyday use and a 8 gig nano that I use to work out. If the classic fell while jogging or something it would break since its not flash memory like the nano.

balli
02-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't own an ipod, but if I did, losing it, so I could buy something else, would probably be one of the best things that could happen to me.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
LOL I was waiting for that comment. I have a 80 gig ipod classic that I use for everyday use and a 8 gig nano that I use to work out. If the classic fell while jogging or something it would break since its not flash memory like the nano.

I had an 80g classic first - thats what I lost - i resplaced it with a 2nd Gen 120g Classic. Pretty much the exact same but it has the Genius feature which absolutely kicks ass.

Oh and I got an armband at Wal-Mart for when I ride. Pretty damn secure.

I. Hustle
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I just bought a 120 gig Zune. I don't see why people would want an iPod over a Zune because I can just put all my Cd's and music from my laptop right on it without have to go through any hoops.

I like all the cool features. The wireless capability in case I want to hear what someone else with a zune has on theirs, the games, I can hook it up to my xbox, etc.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Well I got both of my Ipods free but I don't go through hoops. I just load them into Itunes and its over. I can't imagine anyone thinking thats a tedious process.

ChumpDumper
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I just buy the cheap refurb Sansa flash players whenever they pop up online. That way I don't get all busted up if I lose one. I keep all my audio files at home and load them onto the players and my phone as needed. It's not like I can listen to 1000 hours at a time anyway, and I know I would completely lose my shit when the hard drive inevitably fails (I already back up my drive at home).

JudynTX
Well I got both of my Ipods free but I don't go through hoops.

Richer :lol

leemajors
I don't own an ipod, but if I did, losing it, so I could buy something else, would probably be one of the best things that could happen to me.

maybe, one of the best things, that could, happen, to you, would be to learn, to use commas.

leemajors
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I just bought a 120 gig Zune. I don't see why people would want an iPod over a Zune because I can just put all my Cd's and music from my laptop right on it without have to go through any hoops.

I like all the cool features. The wireless capability in case I want to hear what someone else with a zune has on theirs, the games, I can hook it up to my xbox, etc.

but then you have to know someone else that has a zune.

balli
02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I can't imagine anyone thinking thats a tedious process.
Far too simple actually. At least for someone like me who's spent hundreds of hours editing their music library only to have itunes completely fuck it up.

Whisky Dog
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I can do without my IPod since I hardly ever use it anymore anyway, but my IPhone is a different story. It would suck to be without my apps alone.

balli
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
maybe, one of the best things, that could, happen, to you, would be to learn, to use commas.
Don't get butt-hurt because I ripped apple. And don't tell me how to fucking write. I'll using a comma any fucking time I feel like inserting a pause into my sentence. Any fucking time I want. This isn't grammer school, it's a message board and if I want to write (purposefully) in a herky-jerky, run on style that resembles the way I think, don't imagine that I haven't thought about why I do it; and certainly don't critique it because I had the gall to badmouth Apple.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Itunes sorts it by tag. I don't see how thats going to fuck it up. If you have it sorted any other way then I think thats fairly retarded.

The zune has cool features it seems like. I don't know which I'd get if I actually had to buy one. That being said - you just sound like an Ipod hater.

balli
02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
That being said - you just sound like an Ipod hater.
Totally.

Dr. Gonzo
I don't have an ipod. I just load up music on my phone but I don't listen to it much. I'm always at a place where I have my music accessible so it's not a big deal for me.

IronMexican
I broke my Zune and it sucked. I ended up using that girft card from the broken Zune to a 360. I like my 360, but miss my Zune.

Red Hawk #21
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Im consistently with my Ipod Nano, if I ever lost it I would probably just revert to reading Nba magazines in my free time. I hope I never lose it lol

gay abc
02-12-2009, 01:45 PM
i have the original 30g zune that i don't use anymore

i'm now using one of these

http://www.gadgetreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/blackberry-bold.jpg

inserted one of these

http://www.blueunplugged.com/dbimgs/SANDISK-16GB-MICROSD-MED.jpg

and bought a pair of these

http://www.cellaz.com/photos/news/1716.jpg

no more wires and works great while i'm riding metro :hat

I. Hustle
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Well I got both of my Ipods free but I don't go through hoops. I just load them into Itunes and its over. I can't imagine anyone thinking thats a tedious process.

I never had to do it. I just heard people say that you had to format stuff and do this and that. So I didn't even bother looking into it. I am happy with my zune though.

I. Hustle
02-12-2009, 02:08 PM
but then you have to know someone else that has a zune.

I know tons of peeps that have them.

Destro
02-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I have an iPod and iPhone plus three ipod shuffles. My iPod is hooked up to my stereo my iphone is in my pocket with my credit cards and ID. I most often use my shuffles though. I have one I load with Jazz, one i load with classic rock, and one loaded with a mix of music to get me pumped. The shuffles are great since they are practically disposable at $49 a piece and they hold the charge forever.

koriwhat
02-12-2009, 02:20 PM
the only thing i don't like that apple makes.... ipods suck ass! i have a 30gig video series5 ipod and all i use as is a damn external hd. i can't listen to music on it any longer because the headphone jack thing totally busted and the wire connecting it split in two. also my ipod, even from the start, had a hell of a time shutting off. fuckin' thing pisses me off but what really pisses me off is i bought the pos for like $300 back in the day. rip off!

same with my xbox360... rip off! even though i love playing my xbox360 it gave me problems from the get go just like that pos ipod did. xb360 has been twice refurbished and still fucks up!

I. Hustle
02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I have an iPod and iPhone plus three ipod shuffles. My iPod is hooked up to my stereo my iphone is in my pocket with my credit cards and ID. I most often use my shuffles though. I have one I load with Jazz, one i load with classic rock, and one loaded with a mix of music to get me pumped. The shuffles are great since they are practically disposable at $49 a piece and they hold the charge forever.

richer

florige
02-12-2009, 02:38 PM

You rich bastard son of a bitch!! When I lost mine I debated buying one for like a month and went back to my cd player, and it wasn't the same. But its a good thing I didn;t because I wound up finding it. But I would have eventually bought another one. But I had to wait since I am not rich like that bastard A is.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-12-2009, 02:41 PM
never lost it but i have bought another one but still like my shuffle better then my touch

I. Hustle
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Way too many richers here. Makes us poorers look bad

CuckingFunt
02-12-2009, 03:00 PM
I'd be lost without my iPod. It's the reason all my CDs are in storage and the only thing I listen to in my car.

florige
02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Way too many richers here. Makes us poorers look bad

I'm not a richer, I found mine....:lol

FreeMason
02-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I dropped my 80gb video one last year. I've been without one since then but finally broke down and got an 8gb nano this week. I don't really miss the space, I watched 300 between classes one day and never really used the video feature since.

I. Hustle
02-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm not a richer, I found mine....:lol

I put you in the Poorcher category. You are neither one fully and show flashes of both.

ATRAIN
02-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd be lost without my iPod. It's the reason all my CDs are in storage and the only thing I listen to in my car.

Yeah same here, I dont even buy cd's anymore. Its kind of sad actually cause i really enjoyed it.

ATRAIN
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I had an 80g classic first - thats what I lost - i resplaced it with a 2nd Gen 120g Classic. Pretty much the exact same but it has the Genius feature which absolutely kicks ass.

Oh and I got an armband at Wal-Mart for when I ride. Pretty damn secure.

what is that?

florige
02-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah same here, I dont even buy cd's anymore. Its kind of sad actually cause i really enjoyed it.

Sometimes you have to though if itunes doesn't have the song.

ATRAIN
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Sometimes you have to though if itunes doesn't have the song.

LOL uhhh ok hahhahah.....you really dont though, there are "other" ways to get the tunes you want.

I did however start up my vinyl collection again, but its hard for me to open the new vinyls. One thing about new vinyls is that most of them have the mp3's included via code or what not.

CuckingFunt
02-12-2009, 05:42 PM

I still buy CDs, but I'm more selective. I only do it if it's a box set or compilation that includes a bunch of liner notes and/or special packaging.

CuckingFunt
02-12-2009, 05:45 PM
LOL uhhh ok hahhahah.....you really dont though, there are "other" ways to get the tunes you want.

I did however start up my vinyl collection again, but its hard for me to open the new vinyls. One thing about new vinyls is that most of them have the mp3's included via code or what not.

Hard to open the new vinyls?

Like... physically difficult? Or because you're reluctant to take away their unopened mint-ness? If it's the former, I may have to actually laugh out loud for the first time in the history of the internets.

EricB
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I can do without my IPod since I hardly ever use it anymore anyway, but my IPhone is a different story. It would suck to be without my apps alone.

:lol

Totally 100% with you.

tlongII
02-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Lost my 2G Nano about a year ago. Bought a 8G Nano to replace it within the week. :lol

leemajors
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Itunes sorts it by tag. I don't see how thats going to fuck it up. If you have it sorted any other way then I think thats fairly retarded.

The zune has cool features it seems like. I don't know which I'd get if I actually had to buy one. That being said - you just sound like an Ipod hater.

if you can't find the checkbox for "let iTunes organize my library" and uncheck it who knows.

leemajors
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Don't get butt-hurt because I ripped apple. And don't tell me how to fucking write. I'll using a comma any fucking time I feel like inserting a pause into my sentence. Any fucking time I want. This isn't grammer school, it's a message board and if I want to write (purposefully) in a herky-jerky, run on style that resembles the way I think, don't imagine that I haven't thought about why I do it; and certainly don't critique it because I had the gall to badmouth Apple.

i'm not butt hurt because of your weak attempts to rip Apple, i was just amazed how bad that was, even by forum posting standards

leemajors
02-12-2009, 07:36 PM

that happened to me when sound exchange closed.

leemajors
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I know tons of peeps that have them.

it's hard to imagine the small amount of people who have zunes are within your circle of friends. :toast

Frenzy
02-12-2009, 10:40 PM
don't use ipod. however my mp4 player yes if i lost it...i'd be bored at work.

RandomGuy
02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
No, not yet. But I would be devasted if I did, I have over 4,000 songs on that thing!!!

If you don't have a backup of that somewhere, you should.

.99*4,000= $3,960 to replace all that shiznit.

I would assume that not all of it cost 99 cents, but still, you wouldn't leave a stack of $100 bills sitting around near a fire, would you?

RandomGuy
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM
the only thing i don't like that apple makes.... ipods suck ass! i have a 30gig video series5 ipod and all i use as is a damn external hd. i can't listen to music on it any longer because the headphone jack thing totally busted and the wire connecting it split in two. also my ipod, even from the start, had a hell of a time shutting off. fuckin' thing pisses me off but what really pisses me off is i bought the pos for like $300 back in the day. rip off!

same with my xbox360... rip off! even though i love playing my xbox360 it gave me problems from the get go just like that pos ipod did. xb360 has been twice refurbished and still fucks up!

Dude, you can set the thing to shut the screen down after like 2 seconds, if you are smart enough to look at the settings when you first buy the thing.

As for buying one when they were $300, sorry.

I am what is called a "late adopter" in marketing terms. I let everybody else pay for the RD and factories that it takes to make things cheaper and then get the benefit from waiting when I buy the improved versions of these techno gadgets at 1/2 the price of the original buggy POS.

Still, I was drooling over the iPhone, but managed to keep my lust for that effing thing in check. Thank God.