PDA

View Full Version : This Team Is Capable Of Winning A Championship...

Red Hawk #21
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Looking at this team and the other teams in the West makes me think that you guys can win it all this year. The West just doesn't seem to be very good this year, teams like Houston and Utah are plagued with injuries. The Hornets Suck (F The Hornets), Portland is a upcoming team but they still need more time in my honest opinion. Denver, Dallas and Phoenix are very inconsistent and sometimes they seem to be in disarray. This Spurs team has it all, the mental toughness is there, You have Good coaching by Pop. Tim, Tony and Manu always are able to step up their games in big moments. The Challenge to me is the Lakeshow, can you guys beat the Lakeshow in a 7 game series? I honestly don't know, many Spurs fans seem to be confident that with a healthy Manu they can beat the Lakers.

If everyone can stay healthy and you can get good contributions from your key role players- Finley, Hill, Mason, Bonner, Thomas, you should be able to win versus the Lakeshow. It wont be easy of course but I think it is highly possible, the players have to all try to consistently get better during the Reg Season and when the playoffs come around kick some tail. Good Luck!

SpursDynasty
02-12-2009, 03:06 PM
We were up 20 in Game 1, up 17 in Game 5, won Game 3, got screwed in Game 4...we outplayed the Lakers last year in the playoffs, they just happened to get the right calls at the right times. I'm not concerned about the Lakers at all.

41times
02-12-2009, 03:13 PM
We were up 20 in Game 1, up 17 in Game 5, won Game 3, got screwed in Game 4...we outplayed the Lakers last year in the playoffs, they just happened to get the right calls at the right times. I'm not concerned about the Lakers at all.

That was without Bynum.

If he is out again this year, the Spurs have a slight chance to beat them.

Galileo
02-12-2009, 03:14 PM

we also got screwed by the scheduling.

Chomag
02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
We are still a piece away IMO. We still need another defencive big to complete our defencive lock down.

That being said though. Without one we still have a small shot but we would have to be banking on either the Spurs playing a perfect game our that certain opponents play a bad game.

DrHouse
02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Any team can say oh we were up 10-20 at some point in the game. Basketball is a game of runs. It doesn't mean anything that the Spurs were up big after 1 quarter or 2 quarters. They couldn't sustain that effort for the entire game and therefore lost.

Spork KIller
02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Looking at this team and the other teams in the West makes me think that you guys can win it all this year. The West just doesn't seem to be very good this year, teams like Houston and Utah are plagued with injuries. The Hornets Suck (F The Hornets), Portland is a upcoming team but they still need more time in my honest opinion. Denver, Dallas and Phoenix are very inconsistent and sometimes they seem to be in disarray. This Spurs team has it all, the mental toughness is there, You have Good coaching by Pop. Tim, Tony and Manu always are able to step up their games in big moments. The Challenge to me is the Lakeshow, can you guys beat the Lakeshow in a 7 game series? I honestly don't know, many Spurs fans seem to be confident that with a healthy Manu they can beat the Lakers.

If everyone can stay healthy and you can get good contributions from your key role players- Finley, Hill, Mason, Bonner, Thomas, you should be able to win versus the Lakeshow. It wont be easy of course but I think it is highly possible, the players have to all try to consistently get better during the Reg Season and when the playoffs come around kick some tail. Good Luck!

:nope

Spork KIller.
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
No way pathetic homers...Houston takes the western conference this year...the chemistry between Yao, Artest and McGrady is matched by none...of course my Suns could still take it if Amare finally shows the league how much of a defensive genius he really is

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2958/fucktonylepeuqq5.jpg

Spork KIller.
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Any team can say oh we were up 10-20 at some point in the game. Basketball is a game of runs. It doesn't mean anything that the Spurs were up big after 1 quarter or 2 quarters. They couldn't sustain that effort for the entire game and therefore lost.

I like you - you're almost as pathetic an lame as I am

xtremesteven33
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Healthy Bynum=Lakers win in 6
Non-Healthy/No Bynum=Spurs win in 7

Spork KIller
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM

With or without Bynum..the Lakers still win hands down...

Dumbass!

Just look at last year outcome!

Ocotillo
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
we also got screwed by the scheduling.

Yeah, with the Spurs age and difficuties in back to backs, Stern is going to experiment with back to backs in the Western Conference Finals. :p:

anonoftheinternets
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Do you guys even watch the lakers play? Odom plays so much better starting w.o Bynum. Lakers actually look awesome without bynum, ball movement looks better odom is crashing the boards, and picking up easy points, which translates into him being more aggressive, he has been getting 15+ rebounds, and looks unstoppable. I can wait for bynum to come back and kill some chemistry.

hater
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM

this is actually a bad sign in the playoffs. means lakers turned it on and killed us whenever they wanted.

But this year is totally different. Spurs are hungrier and we have better role players. Not to mention we will hopefully be healthier and not coming from that brutal series vs. NO. We still need to improve on D and maybe a missing piece to put us over the Lakers though

Spork KIller
02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
this is actually a bad sign in the playoffs. means lakers turned it on and killed us whenever they wanted.

But this year is totally different. Spurs are hungrier and we have better role players. Not to mention we will hopefully be healthier and not coming from that brutal series vs. NO. We still need to improve on D and maybe a missing piece to put us over the Lakers though

You won't get past the Lakers...Stupid Fuck!

Spork KIller.
02-12-2009, 04:33 PM
On second thought...maybe the spurms will beat the Lakers...Stupid Fuck!

Strike
02-12-2009, 04:35 PM
You won't get past the Lakers...Stupid Fuck!

Will the Suns get past the regualr season?

TheSpursFNRule
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
no the lakers have way to much depth. we are one fucking piece away it can't be stated enough.

DrHouse
02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Give me a break about the scheduling thing.

It's the playoffs.

Russ
02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
On the Pro side: It's an odd year! :flag:

On the Con side: It will be odder still if the Spurs do it with no front-court defender other than Duncan.

EricB
02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
On the Pro side: It's an odd year! :flag:

On the Con side: It will be odder still if the Spurs do it with no front-court defender other than Duncan.

Who was the front-court defender with Duncan in 2007?

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 06:44 PM

I like you - you're almost as pathetic an lame as I am

:lol

EricB
02-12-2009, 06:46 PM
It gets annoyin with these threads having to scroll through fifty thousand posts of BS from trolls and other team's jerkoffs thinking we give a crap what they think...

Spork KIller
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
It gets annoyin with these threads having to scroll through fifty thousand posts of BS from trolls and other team's jerkoffs thinking we give a crap what they think...
shoot yourself asswipe!

Nobody gives a shit about what you think mofo

Waaaahhhhhh!

lefty
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
I agree with the thread starter

We are the 2009 NBA champions

Galileo
02-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Give me a break about the scheduling thing.

It's the playoffs.

Do you even know what you are talking about? Stren dragged out game 7 until Monday in NO, then started the next series in LA on Wednesday. On top of that, the Spurs plane was stuck in the runway in NO until 11 am Tuesday.

Here is how the Spurs series went:

Games 1-7

May 3
May 5
May 8
May 11
May 13
May 15

[suspicious gap]

May 19

Here is how the Lakers/Utah series went:

May 4
May 7
May 9
May 11
May 14
May 16

So they are going to start the LA/SA series on May 21 (Wednesday).

Why would you drag the Spurs/Hornets game to Monday?

Why not play it on Sunday the 18th, a bigger TV day, and a good doubleheader? Or on Saturday the 17th, another big TV day?

Because Stern wanted the Spurs to lose to LA, that's why.

In case you were wondering, the Celtics/Cavs played on the 16th and 18th, that's two games in between the Spurs/Hornets series. Ridiculous!

The Pistons/Magic series was over on the 13th.

The NBA had no playoff game on Saturday, May 17. Don't you find that a little suspicious?

The NBA could have featured a Spurs/Hornets game 7 on ABC on Saturday, or packaged it with a Celts/Cavs game 7 on Sunday, rather than run the Spurs/Hornets on cable Monday night.

And the only reason the Spurs/Hornets series went 7 games was because Duncan was deathly ill in the first two games.

Rogue
02-12-2009, 11:04 PM
No way pathetic homers...Houston takes the western conference this year...the chemistry between Yao, Artest and McGrady is matched by none...of course my Suns could still take it if Amare finally shows the league how much of a defensive genius he really is

:lmao @ louis, or princesspimp :lol

it's true that the rockets have done that in their team's history which is already covered with 4-inch thick ashes, but they'll never do it again, at least in the next decade they can't before yao and tmac leave and retire, I mean no other team will have enough mercy to feed those two poor guys even with LLE. rockets suck as bad as a pathetic rocketsfan like you, louis. :lol

Spork KIller
02-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Do you even know what you are talking about? Stren dragged out game 7 until Monday in NO, then started the next series in LA on Wednesday. On top of that, the Spurs plane was stuck in the runway in NO until 11 am Tuesday.

Here is how the Spurs series went:

Games 1-7

May 3
May 5
May 8
May 11
May 13
May 15

[suspicious gap]

May 19

Here is how the Lakers/Utah series went:

May 4
May 7
May 9
May 11
May 14
May 16

So they are going to start the LA/SA series on May 21 (Wednesday).

Why would you drag the Spurs/Hornets game to Monday?

Why not play it on Sunday the 18th, a bigger TV day, and a good doubleheader? Or on Saturday the 17th, another big TV day?

Because Stern wanted the Spurs to lose to LA, that's why.

In case you were wondering, the Celtics/Cavs played on the 16th and 18th, that's two games in between the Spurs/Hornets series. Ridiculous!

The Pistons/Magic series was over on the 13th.

The NBA had no playoff game on Saturday, May 17. Don't you find that a little suspicious?

The NBA could have featured a Spurs/Hornets game 7 on ABC on Saturday, or packaged it with a Celts/Cavs game 7 on Sunday, rather than run the Spurs/Hornets on cable Monday night.

And the only reason the Spurs/Hornets series went 7 games was because Duncan was deathly ill in the first two games.

What a dumbass fan of a dumbass team...

Spork KIller
02-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Conspiracy therorist trying to coverup for his team inability to beat a good team

Just kill yourself mofo!

ezau
02-13-2009, 03:54 AM
What a dumbass fan of a dumbass team...

4 rings faggot

ezau
02-13-2009, 03:54 AM
Conspiracy therorist trying to coverup for his team inability to beat a good team

Just kill yourself mofo!

4 rings faggot