PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: Would you trade Duncan for Lebron or Dwight

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Strictly hypothetical question. If the Cavs offered Lebron for Tim and Orlando offered Howard, who would the Spurs take? Would they even trade Tim for either one? Why or why not?

xtremesteven33
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
No.

jack sommerset
02-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Duh. Duncan is getting old, Lebron and Howard are spring chickens.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Duh. Duncan is getting old, Lebron and Howard are spring chickens.

Duncan has plenty of good years left imo (and yes, I get your sarcasm), this is just something to think about and discuss. Put your GM hats on.

sonic21
02-12-2009, 04:28 PM
no

stéphane
02-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Hum....
No

stéphane
02-12-2009, 04:30 PM
A more interesting one would be Tony and Manu for one these guys...
Now I agree that I would think about it.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
A more interesting one would be Tony and Manu for one these guys...
Now I agree that I would think about it.

I don't think that is really even a question. If it was for TP or Ginobili the Spurs would be wayy more inclined.

Duncan is the one you have think about. I am of the opinion that I think the Spurs would do it. I don't think they are actively looking (obviously) but in this hypothetical situation, if these two teams called and offered it, I think they would seriously consider it.

STX_21
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
No. End of story. Tim is proven! Get rid of Tim, there's no telling anything else in our organization works. We're getting rid of the biggest constant in everything positive that has happened to this franchise.

coyotes_geek
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
for Lebron: No. He wants to be on a bigger stage than San Antonio. The moment he hit free agency he'd be outta here.

for Howard: The only guy in the NBA who makes me ponder this question more than 1/2 a second, but still no.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 04:40 PM
for Lebron: No. He wants to be on a bigger stage than San Antonio. The moment he hit free agency he'd be outta here.

for Howard: The only guy in the NBA who makes me ponder this question more than 1/2 a second, but still no.

Dude, this is a hypothetical, food for thought type of question. Don't over do it by bringing in a ton of other variables. Lets assume that both Dwight and Lebron would stay as long as the Spurs wanted them to.

StoneBuddha
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
No, because of what Duncan means to the Spurs.

If I was coldhearted and viewed this only from a basketball point of view, I'd have to.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM

If I was coldhearted and viewed this only from a basketball point of view, I'd have to.

That is what I was getting at. Would it be an emotionally gut-wrenching deal; I think it would be. I think everyone would understand however.

Dr. Gonzo
02-12-2009, 04:46 PM
For Lebron? Hell yeah.

Nightwish
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Never ever

peter_slb
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't trade Duncan for anything. Duncan is the spirit of the team, if you loose it, you loose everything. See what happened with the Pistons... Iverson was considered better than Billups and Billups didn't represent to the Pistons what Duncan represents to the Spurs, even so they are a mess right now, only because of that trade.

DDS4
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Right now, you'd be crazy not to think about it.

2003 Duncan? Nope.

FreeMason
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
no.

InK
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Strictly hypothetical question. If the Cavs offered Lebron for Tim and Orlando offered Howard, who would the Spurs take? Would they even trade Tim for either one? Why or why not?

We would say Yes. To James. They would say no. It would be like meeting in the elevator.

Duncan2177
02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
I would trade Parker and Manu for LeBron or Howard but not Duncan.

InK
02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't trade Duncan for anything. Duncan is the spirit of the team, if you loose it, you loose everything. See what happened with the Pistons... Iverson was considered better than Billups and Billups didn't represent to the Pistons what Duncan represents to the Spurs, even so they are a mess right now, only because of that trade.

So lebron is an iverson, and duncan is a billups? Okey.

StoneBuddha
02-12-2009, 05:11 PM

Yes, but the analogy breaks down because AI is actually the older player in that scenario. Lebron and Howard are both at least 8 years younger than Duncan. That's pretty significant.

meestahmeestah
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM

I guess I'm coldhearted, because a straight-up trade of Duncan for Howard cements the Spurs for the next 10-12 years.

This isn't a knock on Duncan AT ALL. Howard's 23 though. He's not even close to the beginning of his prime.

hater
02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
forget the trade, just become a Cavs fan.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 05:23 PM
forget the trade, just become a Cavs fan.

You sir bring nothing to the table.

spursnatic
02-12-2009, 05:43 PM
If I was in the front office I wouldn't do it!!!TD is the man, all Howard can do is dunk the ball. He has no post game what so ever..Duncan has the footwork and all of that, Howard may never be on TD's level?....:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Blake
02-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Don't over do it

You're overdoing it by starting a whole new thread.

How many no's do you need before it sinks in you don't know what you are talking about.

Beat it, hippie.

Blake
02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
You sir bring nothing to the table.

You bring crap to the table.

quentin_compson
02-12-2009, 05:52 PM

By whom? Must have been people who did not watch that much basketball over the last couple of years.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM

For Lebron? Hell yeah.

Right now, you'd be crazy not to think about it.

2003 Duncan? Nope.

We would say Yes. To James. They would say no. It would be like meeting in the elevator.

I guess I'm coldhearted, because a straight-up trade of Duncan for Howard cements the Spurs for the next 10-12 years.

This isn't a knock on Duncan AT ALL. Howard's 23 though. He's not even close to the beginning of his prime.

I agree but longer than a half second. D Howard is just a beast. I don't think I would but you would have to look at it though. LeBron can stay in Cleveland.

You're overdoing it by starting a whole new thread.

How many no's do you need before it sinks in you don't know what you are talking about.

Beat it, hippie.

First of all, haven't I been here longer than you. Secondly, evidently all these people are not saying no. How many yes's do you need before you realize your opinion is not the opinion of everyone.

What is the big deal about proposing a hypothetical question? It is just interesting discussion. If you do not like it, move along and do not post. It will eventually fall off the page. But if some like to discuss things, why do you hate on it and act like an emo d-bag?

shelshor
02-12-2009, 06:30 PM
No

Chomag
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
No sir!

Tim ends where he begain... a Spur :toast

Old School 44
02-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Since this is hypothetical, I won't consider age, just how each is playing right now.

Absolutely not! Duncan brings a more complete game than Howard and James and has a much higher basketball IQ. He also seems to be a much better teammate, always the first with encouraging words or pats on back. I think being a psych major really helped him in this regard.

On a emotional note: He's the face of this franchise and should retire a Spur.
I appreciate his loyalty to the team, David and Pop when Orlando came calling.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
I wonder what Kori and Timvp think?

Spursfan092120
02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Not even a possibility in my head. Dude is the best power forward in the game, and that post position is what our team runs around. He garners the double teams that allows us to be the three point shooting team that we are. Lebron wouldn't be the post presence and Howard isn't Tim..period.

Thompson
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
For LeBron or Howard, no. Tim's still going to be great for a few years (I think Tim is underrated while the other two are somewhat overrated), and I'm too grateful for all that he's done for us.

For LeBron and Howard (if it were even possible), you'd have to be insane not to. Even then it would be tough, given what Duncan has done for the Spurs.

Galileo
02-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Howard is no where near as good as Duncan right now, and we want to win a champoinship this year.

As for Lebron, if we brought him in, we have no shotblockers, no rebounders, and no big man to anchor our defense. We'd have no post-up offense or inside-out offense, no active big man on O for our pick N rolls, and we'd have a hollywood hotdog instead of a leader.

PASS.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Howard is no where near as good as Duncan right now, and we want to win a champoinship this year.

As for Lebron, if we brought him in, we have no shotblockers, no rebounders, and no big man to anchor our defense. We'd have no post-up offense or inside-out offense, no active big man on O for our pick N rolls, and we'd have a hollywood hotdog instead of a leader.

PASS.

Do you consider the Cavs an elite team?

Galileo
02-12-2009, 07:26 PM

With Howard injured, they've got a 50-50 chance to make the finals.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 07:27 PM
With Howard injured, they've got a 50-50 chance to make the finals.

With Howard?

The only reason I was asking if you thought the Cavs were an elite team was because if so, then you have to consider they are doing it without a big man who truly anchors the defense a blocks shots.

Galileo
02-12-2009, 07:46 PM
With Howard?

The only reason I was asking if you thought the Cavs were an elite team was because if so, then you have to consider they are doing it without a big man who truly anchors the defense a blocks shots.

They've got a 7'3" giant and former all-star in the paint.

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
They've got a 7'3" giant and former all-star in the paint.

He does not "man" the paint. He has most definitely lost a step. He is not bad, do not get me wrong, but he is no where near the caliber of Duncan with regards to anchoring the defense.

Galileo
02-12-2009, 07:59 PM
He does not "man" the paint. He has most definitely lost a step. He is not bad, do not get me wrong, but he is no where near the caliber of Duncan with regards to anchoring the defense.

He's a lot better than Oberto. He has scored double-digits since he entered the league and made 2 all-star games. He also blocks shots much better than any Spur outside of Duncan.

Have you not noticed that the Cavs have been turning their whole team over and the 7'3" giant still stands?

DPG21920
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
He's a lot better than Oberto. He has scored double-digits since he entered the league and made 2 all-star games. He also blocks shots much better than any Spur outside of Duncan.

Have you not noticed that the Cavs have been turning their whole team over and the 7'3" giant still stands?

He is a solid player, but are you trying to say the Big Z, Ben Wallace and Anderson is much better than KT, Oberto and Bonner?

Sec24Row7
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
No...

Assuming there was NO loyalty involved...

Still No...

Rogue
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
say no to the magic or cavs before they say it to you.

baseline bum
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
No. It would be a slap in the face to Duncan. Dude took less money on his last contract; Dude stayed in San Antonio and let them rebuild while they were the oldest team in the league when he could have walked to Orlando and played with an All-NBA First Teamer in Grant Hill, while making tons of money in endorsements being back on the East coast.... not to mention the 12 years of service, 4 titles, 1 new arena, etc. that he brought this team. I would never approve of any Spurs trade involving Tim unless he specifically asked for it.

ducks
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
no
it would be a a slap in the face to trade duncan to a guy who cna not shot jumpshots

Fernando TD21
02-12-2009, 10:08 PM
No.

m33p0
02-12-2009, 10:10 PM
No. there is such a thing called KARMA.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
No. It would be a slap in the face to Duncan. Dude took less money on his last contract; Dude stayed in San Antonio and let them rebuild while they were the oldest team in the league when he could have walked to Orlando and played with an All-NBA First Teamer in Grant Hill, while making tons of money in endorsements being back on the East coast.... not to mention the 12 years of service, 4 titles, 1 new arena, etc. that he brought this team. I would never approve of any Spurs trade involving Tim unless he specifically asked for it.

I was leaning yes for Lebron no for Howard when I read this post. I'm fully in the no camp now.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
No. Tim Duncan is The San Antonio Spurs.

m33p0
02-12-2009, 11:46 PM
if the spurs trade Duncan on his final year in the league, you can start calling the team the San Antonio INGRATES.

Agloco
02-12-2009, 11:48 PM

They're a good team with a few players doing things that they don't normally do......

Kinda reminds me of the Celtics last year.

No to the Duncan for whoever stuff

peskypesky
02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
nyet

Yorae
02-13-2009, 02:29 AM
No...oh wait....uh no.....wait wait wait....uhmm.....no..........NO!

Manufan909
02-13-2009, 02:54 AM
For both, yes.

katuso
02-13-2009, 02:59 AM
NO ,especially DH

katuso
02-13-2009, 03:00 AM
DUNCAN is a sign of San Antonio !

silk
02-13-2009, 04:26 AM
On the other hand, as good as he is, i don't see the cavs or the magic giving up james or howard for timmy

Maybe it's a little less impossible with the cavs, because of all the 2010 thing

TDMVPDPOY
02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
if you trade tim duncan, the mexicans will invade texas....

tim duncan texas ranger, his got your back

jdev82
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
no. absolutely not.

Blake
02-13-2009, 09:26 AM
First of all, haven't I been here longer than you.

and your thread still sucks

Secondly, evidently all these people are not saying no. How many yes's do you need before you realize your opinion is not the opinion of everyone.

:lol followed right away by 7 nos in a row.

What is the big deal about proposing a hypothetical question? It is just interesting discussion.

no, it's not

If you do not like it, move along and do not post. It will eventually fall off the page. But if some like to discuss things, why do you hate on it and act like an emo d-bag?

nobody is discussing this but you.

This thread was flaming before you thought of it.

You are talking about trading the greatest Spur of all time that has won 4 championships for this city.

Get the f out of here with this crap.

romain.star
02-13-2009, 09:43 AM
it depends what you're looking for...
After a decade of success, Duncan IS the Spurs. Therefore, spurs fans would never want to see him in an other uniform, no matter what it takes.

But from a rational point of view, a 32 years old TD for a 24 years old LBJ...... hell, if you want to contend for the next decade, this is a no brainer

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 09:43 AM

:lol followed right away by 7 nos in a row.

no, it's not

nobody is discussing this but you.

This thread was flaming before you thought of it.

You are talking about trading the greatest Spur of all time that has won 4 championships for this city.

If you don't care about this rumor, why do you keep posting in the thread? :lol That's what I'm not understanding . If it's "wasting your time", why I are you here?

And yes, it's been mentioned throughout this thread that the Spurs would have to include much more to get Rasheed (probably Manu) or a third team be involved and multiple other players. You aren't making any revelations by coming into a thread bashing it about how it's wasting your time and won't happen. No one is saying it WILL happen. It's just a discussion of a rumor. I don't get how it's bothering you so much. :lmao

Why are you here? This rumor is wasting your time. Move along :lol

Multiple people are discussing this, hence the other posters (including yourself) that keep this thread at the top of the page.

Joke of a human.

phyzik
02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
If I was the GM I would have to ask Duncan how he feels about it. I'd do it only if he wanted to go.

For Lebron, yes
For Howard, not so sure I would.

Blake
02-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Multiple people are discussing this, hence the other posters (including yourself) that keep this thread at the top of the page.

did Kori tell that to you? :lol That's funny.

Mulitple posts saying "no" does not equal a "discussion". This isn't a rumor thread and I never said you are wasting anyone's time.

What I'm saying is that you almost deserve to get pinked for coming on a Spurs board and suggesting that the Spurs should trade the greatest Spur and greatest power forward of all time who is still in his prime if they get the chance for one of two unproven commodities.

You're either an idiot or a troll. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just being an idiot.

Joke of a human.

:lol You don't seem to get the joke.

bigfan
02-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I wouldnt trade Tim for anybody in the NBA. Are LBJ or Kobe better players? Maybe at their positions. Is DH a better big man than Tim? I dont think so right now. Tim has paid his dues for this franchise and deserves to retire a Spur, just like David Robinson.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
did Kori tell that to you? :lol That's funny.

Mulitple posts saying "no" does not equal a "discussion". This isn't a rumor thread and I never said you are wasting anyone's time.

What I'm saying is that you almost deserve to get pinked for coming on a Spurs board and suggesting that the Spurs should trade the greatest Spur and greatest power forward of all time who is still in his prime if they get the chance for one of two unproven commodities.

You're either an idiot or a troll. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just being an idiot.

Kori said that to another d-bag such as yourself who keeps posting in threads "that in their minds suck". You keep self owning. Where did I suggest that the Spurs should trade Duncan for what you call "unproven commodities"?

You keep pointing to the people who said "no", but there were some people who said yes, so shhhhhh. Let us who want to discuss things (even hypothetically) about the Spurs do so. Move along kid.

The thread is titled "hypothetical question", not "Spurs should trade Duncan". I am assuming you can read, so it must be a comprehension problem. How can someone who has less post than me suggest that I should be pinked? Your life should be pinked, because you are a joke of a human.

Supergirl
02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
No.

Blake
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Kori said that to another d-bag such as yourself who keeps posting in threads "that in their minds suck".

I think she was talking to posters like you that flat out called that other dude a "liar" when all he was doing was reporting what he heard on the radio.

You keep self owning. Where did I suggest that the Spurs should trade Duncan for what you call "unproven commodities"?

I don't think you know what self owning means.

Neither Dwight nor LBJ have won any rings means "unproven commodities" for the Spurs. You want to trade the one of the "proven" top ten players of all time who is currently in his prime for either one.

self owned, dumbass.

You keep pointing to the people who said "no", but there were some people who said yes, so shhhhhh. Let us who want to discuss things (even hypothetically) about the Spurs do so. Move along kid.

Nobody is discussing anything with you except me and I'm discussing with you how stupid you are for want to trade Duncan for LBJ or Howard.

Move along, dipshit.

The thread is titled "hypothetical question", not "Spurs should trade Duncan".

this thread should be titled "here's a stupid question" and you yourself said the Spurs should trade Duncan right now if they could.

I am assuming you can read, so it must be a comprehension problem.

you can't write.

How can someone who has less post than me suggest that I should be pinked?

:lol so more posts=smart

that means mouse is a genius and must have been right all along about 9/11.

Your life should be pinked, because you are a joke of a human.

:td

weak

:lol

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
I think she was talking to posters like you that flat out called that other dude a "liar" when all he was doing was reporting what he heard on the radio.

Neither Dwight nor LBJ have won any rings means "unproven commodities" for the Spurs. You want to trade the one of the "proven" top ten players of all time who is currently in his prime for either one.

self owned, dumbass.

Nobody is discussing anything with you except me and I'm discussing with you how stupid you are for want to trade Duncan for LBJ or Howard.

Move along, dipshit.

this thread should be titled "here's a stupid question" and you yourself said the Spurs should trade Duncan right now if they could.

you can't write.

:lol so more posts=smart

that means mouse is a genius and must have been right all along about 9/11.

weak

shhhhh.

Blake
02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
shhhhh.

weak

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM

weak

If I am so dumb, where were you to rip on all the other conversations I have been a part of? Point is, to come in an act like an emo d-bag because you personally do not like a thread makes you :td weak.

As already explained to you, if you don't like it, do not post. Just move along. No need to be an a-hole and ruin the thread. If everyone else is in agreement, then the thread will fall off the page.

So once again, shhhhhhh.

Spurs Brazil
02-13-2009, 01:40 PM
No.

Blake
02-13-2009, 01:53 PM
If I am so dumb, where were you to rip on all the other conversations I have been a part of?

what does you being dumb have anything to do with me ripping you for other conversations you've had in this forum?

You're being dumb for starting this thread and if this is how you post, then why in the world would I want to read any of your other crap?

Point is, to come in an act like an emo d-bag because you personally do not like a thread makes you :td weak.

you don't know what emo dbag or weak means.

Someone comes in and calls your thread stupid and you get all bent out of shape and take it personal.

:lol weak emo.

As already explained to you, if you don't like it, do not post.

I don't like it, it sucks, but I'll go ahead and post, thanks.

Just move along. No need to be an a-hole and ruin the thread.

Tim thinks you're an a-hole for starting this thread.

If everyone else is in agreement, then the thread will fall off the page.

So once again, shhhhhhh.

so you admit your thread is stupid and now you want it to die? :lol

it's ok, everyone starts a stupid thread every now and then. Just man up, admit it and maybe you can save a little face and maybe you can save yourself from looking dumber than you already do.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 02:02 PM
what does you being dumb have anything to do with me ripping you for other conversations you've had in this forum?

You're being dumb for starting this thread and if this is how you post, then why in the world would I want to read any of your other crap?

Someone comes in and calls your thread stupid and you get all bent out of shape and take it personal.

Tim thinks you're an a-hole for starting this thread.

so you admit your thread is stupid and now you want it to die? :lol

it's ok, everyone starts a stupid thread every now and then. Just man up, admit it and maybe you can save a little face and maybe you can save yourself from looking dumber than you already do.

No, I don't think the thread is dumb. If others did, no one would post. But instead of allowing it to die, you keep posting and making yourself look like an idiot.

Shhhhhhhhh.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
cue the :td weak....

or the you dont know...

weak

weak

So carry on...http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/richard_simmons.jpghttp://childrenride.com/images/marry_go_round_6_horse_big.jpg

Blake
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM
No, I don't think the thread is dumb.

trust me, the thread is dumb

If others did, no one would post.

no, that's not true. They come in post a 'no' with no discussion and get out because it's dumb.

But instead of allowing it to die, you keep posting and making yourself look like an idiot.

Shhhhhhhhh.

naw, I'm starting to like this thread now.

I think you should start a thread about trading Manu now.

Blake
02-13-2009, 02:18 PM
So carry on...http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/richard_simmons.jpghttp://childrenride.com/images/marry_go_round_6_horse_big.jpg

you keep saying shhh and let it die but here you are on the merry go round with me.

what, you can't get off?

:lol self-owned again

Blake
02-13-2009, 02:19 PM
oh yeah.....about that picture you dug up

:td weak

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM

He is a solid player, but are you trying to say the Big Z, Ben Wallace and Anderson is much better than KT, Oberto and Bonner?

I was leaning yes for Lebron no for Howard when I read this post. I'm fully in the no camp now.

They're a good team with a few players doing things that they don't normally do......

Kinda reminds me of the Celtics last year.

No to the Duncan for whoever stuff

On the other hand, as good as he is, i don't see the cavs or the magic giving up james or howard for timmy

Maybe it's a little less impossible with the cavs, because of all the 2010 thing

If I was the GM I would have to ask Duncan how he feels about it. I'd do it only if he wanted to go.

For Lebron, yes
For Howard, not so sure I would.

I wouldnt trade Tim for anybody in the NBA. Are LBJ or Kobe better players? Maybe at their positions. Is DH a better big man than Tim? I dont think so right now. Tim has paid his dues for this franchise and deserves to retire a Spur, just like David Robinson.

trust me, the thread is dumb

no, that's not true. They come in post a 'no' with no discussion and get out because it's dumb.

naw, I'm starting to like this thread now.

I think you should start a thread about trading Manu now.

Here is a selection of yes and no answers that are more than just "no" and out. So there goes that argument.

I am not on the merry go round with you. I want this thread to keep going because it interest me to have this sort of conversation from time to time. You are the only one with any reason for the thread to die, yet you keep posting and making sure that it stays at the top. That my joke of a human is self ownage.

Shhhh.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
:td weak sums up my online life

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM

If this is how I post what makes you want to read this crap and not others? Why do you choose to jump in on this and not the other crap?

Blake
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Here is a selection of yes and no answers that are more than just "no" and out. So there goes that argument.

here's another "no."

They came in gave their "no" said a few more words and got out. Maybe one poster kept it going for a little while but then realized how stupid you are and ejected.

I am not on the merry go round with you.

:lmao yes you are, dumbass. what do you think this is?

you apparently don't know the definition of merry go round.

I want this thread to keep going because it interest me to have this sort of conversation from time to time.

it interests you to trade Duncan? You're a jackass.

You are the only one with any reason for the thread to die, yet you keep posting and making sure that it stays at the top.

where have I said I want this thread to die? :lol
Just because I think this thread is dumb as sh1t doesn't mean I want it to die.

That my joke of a human is self ownage.

Shhhh.

:lol doesnt get it
:lol says shhh but is still on the merry go round
:lol self owned again

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:10 PM
here's another "no."

They came in gave their "no" said a few more words and got out. Maybe one poster kept it going for a little while but then realized how stupid you are and ejected.

you apparently don't know the definition of merry go round.

it interests you to trade Duncan? You're a jackass.

where have I said I want this thread to die? :lol
Just because I think this thread is dumb as sh1t doesn't mean I want it to die.

:lol doesnt get it
:lol says shhh but is still on the merry go round

shhhhh, girl.

Blake
02-13-2009, 03:13 PM
If this is how I post what makes you want to read this crap and not others?Why do you choose to jump in on this and not the other crap?

No wonder you want to trade Duncan. Your line of reasoning is all focked up. Just because I respond to the crap you post in this thread, why in the world would I want to respond to all the other crap in all your other threads.

I don't have the time nor do I care enough to search through all your other sh1t.

I only have the time for this sh1tty thread.

:lol self owned again, calling his other posts crap

Blake
02-13-2009, 03:14 PM
shhhhh, girl.

girl?? that's all you've got left? :lmao

:lmao merry go round ownage

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
girl?? that's all you've got left? :lmao

:lmao merry go round ownage

last word

Blake
02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
last word

what last word? you mean self-ownage?

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Blake
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM

:lol you're an idiot.

Keep bumping the thread you want to die

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:33 PM
:lol you're an idiot.

Keep bumping the thread you want to die

Quote where I said I want the thread to die? :td you don't know.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
1200 views :lol

Blake
02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Quote where I said I want the thread to die? :td you don't know.

shhhhh....

:lol owned yet again

you must enjoy getting bent over

:lol dpg stuck on the merry go round

Blake
02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
1200 views :lol

dpg = 1100 views
blake = 50
others 50

but you are in "discussions with other posters"

:lol dumbass

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Beat it, hippie.

self owned, dumbass.
Move along, dipshit.

You're a jackass.

http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/images/devcentral_f5_com/weblogs/macvittie/WindowsLiveWriter/CongratulationsYouareamoron_7EBF/InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

How is my logic "focked" up? I say the merry-go-round is that I started a thread that you don't like, that might go away if you stop posting, but you won't. I say I enjoy the some of the conversation in here I like the thread.

You say, you are on the merry-go-round, :td, :lol self owned. Repeat.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I am on repeat

2slowman
02-13-2009, 03:54 PM
The reason I would think about it is trading an asset past its peak but with a few more years of value for one with similar potential value for a decade or more might be good for the long term.

The reasons I would quickly decide not to:

1. Jerry Krause tried to do this with the Bulls, and they still haven't recovered.
2. Team chemistry is underrated, and Tim is key to that.
3. We owe Tim far more than we can ever repay him. What he wants, he gets.
4. Why no for Lebron: I still think the best way to build a team is inside out. If we get Lebron, we can't afford the type of inside player that I think should be our cornerstone.
4a. Why no for Howard: Howard's game is based on athleticism, so it will peak earlier and not run as long. So the trading old for new doesn't carry as much weight for me in regards to Howard.

I love to watch both Howard and Lebron, and would love to see them in a Spurs jersey. I park those thoughts in the same garage with my hopes that David will return in his prime, that it would be fun to have Iceman back, that in his day, I really enjoyed having Sean on the team, and that we should get Malik back and have him contribute more even than he used to. Not gonna happen.

My 2c.

As a side note, I don't mind this thread on occasion as long as there are not too many of them. Its good to think.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
:lol owned yet again

you must enjoy getting bent over

:lol dpg stuck on the merry go round

The reason I would think about it is trading an asset past its peak but with a few more years of value for one with similar potential value for a decade or more might be good for the long term.

1. Jerry Krause tried to do this with the Bulls, and they still haven't recovered.
4. Why no for Lebron: I still think the best way to build a team is inside out. If we get Lebron, we can't afford the type of inside player that I think should be our cornerstone.
4a. Why no for Howard: Howard's game is based on athleticism, so it will peak earlier and not run as long. So the trading old for new doesn't carry as much weight for me in regards to Howard.

I love to watch both Howard and Lebron, and would love to see them in a Spurs jersey. I park those thoughts in the same garage with my hopes that David will return in his prime, that it would be fun to have Iceman back, that in his day, I really enjoyed having Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ on the team, and that we should get Malik back and have him contribute more even than he used to. Not gonna happen.

My 2c.

As a side note, I don't mind this thread on occasion as long as there are not too many of them. Its good to think.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:58 PM

I love to watch both Howard and Lebron, and would love to see them in a Spurs jersey. I park those thoughts in the same garage with my hopes that David will return in his prime, that it would be fun to have Iceman back, that in his day, I really enjoyed having Sean on the team, and that we should get Malik back and have him contribute more even than he used to. Not gonna happen.

My 2c.

There is no clear answer. But clearly Dwight and Lebron would be the best you can get hypothetically. I am not sure if the Spurs would do this if it was real, because there is so much emotion, but I think they would entertain the idea.

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 03:59 PM
On a side note, I think it is best to build inside out as well, but guys like Magic and Jordan can get by with servicable big men. Maybe Lebron will be able to as well, to early to tell.

Blake
02-13-2009, 04:11 PM
lol, dpg creating a troll with 11 posts so he can discuss this with himself

self owned again

DPG21920
02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
lol, dpg creating a troll with 11 posts so he can discuss this with himself

self owned again

Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :yield

Jayem2
02-13-2009, 04:18 PM
anyone who wouldn't trade duncan for lebron or dwight is a fool. tims got like 2 years max of good basketball in him. lebron and dwight havent even peaked yet.

Blake
02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. :yield

:lol owned again

Blake
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
anyone who wouldn't trade duncan for lebron or dwight is a fool. tims got like 2 years max of good basketball in him. lebron and dwight havent even peaked yet.

:lmao

another troll with 10 posts created by dpg....

hilarious

owned again

manufor3
02-13-2009, 10:34 PM
any1 who would is an idiot

Austin_Toros
02-13-2009, 10:52 PM
of course you wouldn't trade TD- not for ANYBODY. here's why:
TD is loyal and will retire a spur. why would the club abandon him after all he's given?
also, Duncan is part of this team, especially the big 3, who have played together and aged together. even trading him for an 18 year old superstar would put that out of line. he's helped the spurs this season and another player would probably stuff up the spurs team chem.